The Definition of a "Living Wage"

Do you agree with this definition of a Living Wage? (Ignore my personal opinion below it)

• Total voters
Definition of a living wage - the government forcing a business to pay someone with such low skills they can't support themselves a wage higher than those skills are worth solely because the person has a pulse and is breathing. In other words, a wage based on existence rather than skills.

The reason I give a shit is I have kids, and I hope to have grand kids. I want them to know their dad/grandpa at least tried to fight the people that changed their country into a communist state.

Hyperbole much you drama queen?

This from a far left programmed drone that defines a living wage as how they can exploit the illegals to build their fortune..

KLosh. Your a drama queen to. Feel better now? Other than that, what the fuck was your post about?

And yes I know the far left is irony impaired..

Oh the far left drone that bragged about making their fortune off illegal labor.

That would be you just in case you were wondering..

Now Obama wants to enslave about 5 million illegals to exploit, no wonder you (the far left) are so happy about that.

I would give my left nut to have the opportunity to wipe this country free of people like you. You can call that hyperbole if you like. I call it a lifetime goal.

I call you so full of fucking bullshit that I know your eyes are brown. What opportunity is it you are looking for?
You such a bad motherfucker, have at it. Who is stopping you. All mouth. Ya drama queen.

Yay! Make the United States the only developed country on planet Earth without any welfare!! Sure-fire success!

On a more serious note - Welfare alone does not cause inflation, It's a natural byproduct of the banking system we have. The debt gets bigger because we need debt to pay off the debt which makes the debt bigger.

Put it this way: You start with a pool of money (principal) from a loan, the loan needs to be paid off with principal and interest. The money pool you started with only has principal...where do you get the interest money from? Take out another loan...which also has interest....which makes the overall amount of money you owe bigger (and makes the money pool itself bigger too...IE Inflation). The cycle never ends, it's just a time-lag between the loan being created and the loan being paid back that we depend on to make the system function.

What happens when you stop taking out loans? The money starts being paid back...great right? Wrong, the money being paid back lowers the money supply, leading to deflation. Deflation is bad because it means money isn't circulating and loans aren't being made. Stopping the flow of debt doesn't solve the problem....it just leads to another one.

Trying to do away with inflation is a pipe dream...and tying it to Government Welfare programs is a Shroom experience.

We don't need a government funded welfare system for those who say they need it. Any of the bleeding hearts that want to find those they think have such needs and meet those needs can do that without the government being involved at all. They won't because it would actually involve them doing something rather than saying it should be done then looking for way for someone else to fund it.

Oh the far left drone that bragged about making their fortune of illegal labor.

That would be you just in case you were wondering.

What? Because I knew of roofing crews that had illegals? I made a fortune? Are you fucking drunk? Again?
That's funny as hell.

I would give my left nut to have the opportunity to wipe this country free of people like you. You can call that hyperbole if you like. I call it a lifetime goal.

I call you so full of fucking bullshit that I know your eyes are brown. What opportunity is it you are looking for?
You such a bad motherfucker, have at it. Who is stopping you. All mouth. Ya drama queen.

Says the one whose lips and nose are brown from puckering up to Obama's ass.

I make it a practice of de-programming liberal cult members. I've converted 47 so far. Maybe you could come over my place, and I'll do you the favor.

Oh the far left drone that bragged about making their fortune of illegal labor.

That would be you just in case you were wondering.

What? Because I knew of roofing crews that had illegals? I made a fortune? Are you fucking drunk? Again?
That's funny as hell.

Because you used illegal labor to make your fortune you are so proud of?

You know owning all those over priced electronics like Apple that uses Chinese slave labor so you can have some type of social status..

Many of us talk about the economy, leftists talk about a "living wage," and righties (who deny the existence of such a thing) often talk about "wage stagnation." One often wonders how righties can talk about "wage stagnation" when they deny the existence of the concept "living wage."

Well, here's my definition, and it's best that we all have a non-partisan definition from which we can measure economic success for the common man (this definition is localized, meaning it is relative to location where one lives).

"Living Wage: A wage that allows a man to support a stay-at-home wife and two children by being able to pay rent, electric, heating, water, laundry, basic healthcare and three good meals a day in the place he currently resides."

Notice that the following are not present: Mortgage, car-gas, car insurance, premium health insurance...etc...because you have to work harder/improve your skills/education for these things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for my opinion:

With over 155 taxes on a loaf of bread, and steady inflation from the money printing presses, there's no doubt that most American males cannot procure the Living Wage that they should earn.

In my opinion, that rapacious taxation of the modern welfare state (money printing INFLATION is also considered a tax) has made the current wages that were OK in the past incapable of fulfilling the above definition today.

The answer is NOT to increase the minimum wage...because the minimum wage to 2014 was more than enough for a man to provide for his family 50 years ago. The answer is abolition of the welfare state, the repeal of the Regulation police and the REPUDIATION of Keynesian economic policy.

You absolutely confuse "A fair days work for a fair days pay" and " Team Profits" with a "Living Wage.

A living wage is just enough to keep you alive. You attack people using this title while probably also wanting to cut that living wage.

Christie Walton doesn't show up at work. Only the workers do. Why do you think she deserves more without being at work? This case is only 1 of the monopolies in the topic.
Contumacious the definition doesn't differentiate between government or non-government involvement in the contract. Any wage, regardless of government action, that doesn't meet that requirement, is not a living wage.

"A living wage" in my perspective is what is needed to provide food, shelter and "general welfare"for a family. Imagine where I got my perspective from..

I notice you hold the same perspective only you don't include HEALTH in yours... You do realize that without health, you die.

You confuse what the term general welfare means. It doesn't mean someone should get paid a wage higher than their skills when the reason they get paid a low wage is because of their low skills. A living wage is nothing more than a bleeding heart concept to force businesses to pay someone for existence rather than skill level.

Why is it that those of us who actually have marketable skills should get paid based on our skills yet those without skills get paid for breathing and having a pulse?

Got a drunk, a con man and a brown eyed drama queen.

Hey asshole RKM, post up your address. You never know.

You dumb fuckers really have a hard time with words don't cha? A living wage. Wages that are enough to live on.
Hope that helps you dumb mother fuckers.

You dumb fuckers really have a hard time with words don't cha? A living wage. Wages that are enough to live on.
Give me your cell number and gps I'll send you a route to mine.

I've already established there are people who live on $0 in wages. Go visit a Mennonite or Amish person, they can show you how it's done. What you want is for someone else to pay for a lifestyle you can't afford. The problem is, no one else wants that burden. So you are determined to use the power of government to make this happen. For some odd reason, you justify how that's acceptable to use government in order to get what you want, but others shouldn't be allowed to.

Again... and we can keep pounding this point into your head until it sticks... The only successful way man has ever created to generate more wealth for the individual is free market capitalism. It creates millionaires and billionaires through legitimate and honest methods and means. Nothing else has ever worked as well, or has even come close.

The system and way you are promoting has been tried time and time again and it always fails. Most of the time, when the wheels come off and it fails, the results are catastrophic for humanity. Heinous atrocities are committed by those you put in power, genocide and execution becomes commonplace, and the poor become poorer. The reason is, there are never enough people willing to accept the burden of paying for the lifestyle you can't afford.

RKM you pussy. All I need is your address. Come on dude. You the one making implied threats. Don't you want to find out?

Yes, if only the Slaves would just shut up and be happy obedient Slaves. Everything would be just great.

Well, guess what? The Slaves aren't happy being Slaves. And their only getting angrier. There is no such thing as a 'Happy Slave.' It ain't gonna happen. People are just gonna have to accept that reality. These problems have to be addressed. The American Worker has been getting the short end of the stick for many years. It's time to reverse that trend. They're our fellow Americans. They should be treated better. Period, end of story.

RKM you pussy. All I need is your address. Come on dude. You the one making implied threats. Don't you want to find out?
3614 Bill Price Rd, Del Valle, TX 78617

Wear bright orange so know it's you.

Many of us talk about the economy, leftists talk about a "living wage," and righties (who deny the existence of such a thing) often talk about "wage stagnation." One often wonders how righties can talk about "wage stagnation" when they deny the existence of the concept "living wage."

Well, here's my definition, and it's best that we all have a non-partisan definition from which we can measure economic success for the common man (this definition is localized, meaning it is relative to location where one lives).

"Living Wage: A wage that allows a man to support a stay-at-home wife and two children by being able to pay rent, electric, heating, water, laundry, basic healthcare and three good meals a day in the place he currently resides."

Notice that the following are not present: Mortgage, car-gas, car insurance, premium health insurance...etc...because you have to work harder/improve your skills/education for these things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now for my opinion:

With over 155 taxes on a loaf of bread, and steady inflation from the money printing presses, there's no doubt that most American males cannot procure the Living Wage that they should earn.

In my opinion, that rapacious taxation of the modern welfare state (money printing INFLATION is also considered a tax) has made the current wages that were OK in the past incapable of fulfilling the above definition today.

The answer is NOT to increase the minimum wage...because the minimum wage to 2014 was more than enough for a man to provide for his family 50 years ago. The answer is abolition of the welfare state, the repeal of the Regulation police and the REPUDIATION of Keynesian economic policy.

You absolutely confuse "A fair days work for a fair days pay" and " Team Profits" with a "Living Wage.

A living wage is just enough to keep you alive. You attack people using this title while probably also wanting to cut that living wage.

Christie Walton doesn't show up at work. Only the workers do. Why do you think she deserves more without being at work? This case is only 1 of the monopolies in the topic.
Contumacious the definition doesn't differentiate between government or non-government involvement in the contract. Any wage, regardless of government action, that doesn't meet that requirement, is not a living wage.

"A living wage" in my perspective is what is needed to provide food, shelter and "general welfare"for a family. Imagine where I got my perspective from..

I notice you hold the same perspective only you don't include HEALTH in yours... You do realize that without health, you die.

What business is it of yours what Christy Walton does? God, you lefties are such busybodies.

When it cost 200 dollars per month to feed yourself, 1,000 dollars for rent(if you don't own your own home) and another couple of hundred bucks for medical,etc. This is what it cost to live in this country now days.

I just feel that if you're going to put in a 40 hour work week, you fucking deserve 10 or 12 dollars per hour. That is ~1,600 per month! I am sorry, but in a world where the ceo, board, etc fleeces most of the profit for themselves. How is it right or moral to leave this power within the hands of people that could care less as they don't do one tenth of the actual work?

You think it is fair that someone breaks his back like in southeast asia?? While Apples board and ceo's take home tens of millions every year. Why not bring back slavery? What's the difference!

All the more reason to do something with one's life and not demand you be paid $30k to work at Micky D's.

Yes, if only the Slaves would just shut up and be happy obedient Slaves. Everything would be just great.

Well, guess what? The Slaves aren't happy being Slaves. And their only getting angrier. There is no such thing as a 'Happy Slave.' It ain't gonna happen. People are just gonna have to accept that reality. These problems have to be addressed. The American Worker has been getting the short end of the stick for many years. It's time to reverse that trend. They're our fellow Americans. They should be treated better. Period, end of story.

Again (for the hard headed)... Slavery ended 150 years ago. No one is forced to work for free in America. You work because you want money to buy things. If you can't work, society provides you with a check for disability. If you are too lazy to work, you can go live under a bridge.

If you have a job but don't like your pay, take that up with your boss. If he doesn't value your labor enough, you are free to go find a boss who does. In our free market capitalist society, you are NOT ENTITLED to use government to force your boss to pay you what you think you're worth.

I don't give a damn if you shut up or not. As far as I'm concerned, you can continue sounding like an idiot. You can get as pissed off and angry as you like. If you threaten me or my family, you'll die.

Again (for the hard headed)... Slavery ended 150 years ago. No one is forced to work for free in America. You work because you want money to buy things. If you can't work, society provides you with a check for disability. If you are too lazy to work, you can go live under a bridge.

If you have a job but don't like your pay, take that up with your boss. If he doesn't value your labor enough, you are free to go find a boss who does. In our free market capitalist society, you are NOT ENTITLED to use government to force your boss to pay you what you think you're worth.

I don't give a damn if you shut up or not. As far as I'm concerned, you can continue sounding like an idiot. You can get as pissed off and angry as you like. If you threaten me or my family, you'll die.

The issue has to be addressed. The Slaves are restless. They're not gonna just shut up and go away. And Jesus wants us to treat our fellow human beings better. Paying workers less and treating them worse, isn't a logical or humane way forward. But sadly, that's been the trend for too many years. We have to be better than that as a society. Jesus expects it of us.

The issue has to be addressed. The Slaves are restless. They're not gonna just shut up and go away. And Jesus wants us to treat our fellow human beings better. Paying workers less and treating them worse, isn't a logical or humane way forward. But sadly, that's been the trend for too many years. We have to be better than that as a society. Jesus expects it of us.

Again, if you want to improve pay or conditions of the people who have CHOSEN to work, then you have to invigorate more free market capitalism, because that's the only thing known to work. Jesus would want you to promote a solution to HELP your fellow man, not destroy him. You're promoting an idea that has (in the past) led to genocide and heinous atrocities on mankind. I don't think Jesus would be cool with that at all.

Forum List

Back