The democrat argument? Because normal people have guns, criminals get guns...now it applies to cars too....

You mean locked in a box where we can't possibly get to them in ttime in case of a violent break-in? I have plenty of guns. 90% of them stay locked up. But guess what I always have a couple hidden very carefully and they are checked QUITE often. You break into my house for whatever reason, whether you're looking for guns, money, or someone to rape...you're very likely going to get shot. And I'll be damned if I set myself up not to have that option as a homeowner, father and husband.
Do you keep the guns and ammunition separate, or do you keep your "hidden" guns loaded?

Do you have children in, or who visit the house?

You mean locked in a box where we can't possibly get to them in ttime in case of a violent break-in? I have plenty of guns. 90% of them stay locked up. But guess what I always have a couple hidden very carefully and they are checked QUITE often. You break into my house for whatever reason, whether you're looking for guns, money, or someone to rape...you're very likely going to get shot. And I'll be damned if I set myself up not to have that option as a homeowner, father and husband.
I agree 100%.

It seems the left doesn’t want to blame the criminals or hold them accountable. They just want to place another financial burden on legal gun owners.

Please stick to the topic. We are talking about guns and theft which is followed by violence.
Stop playing your hide-away games. Pretending that you can only talk about gun solutions without introducing data from other sources about whether or not a gun solution would work.

Stop playing your hide-away games. Pretending that you can only talk about gun solutions without introducing data from other sources about whether or not a gun solution would work.
You left some out of my post:

For whatever reason you are unwilling to concentrate on stiffer penalties for the thieves.

If you wish to discuss drugs feel free to start a thread.

Institute the stiffer sentences and if doesn’t work look at something else.

I notice you have no solutions to offer,

For whatever reason you are unwilling to concentrate on stiffer penalties for the thieves.

Show me where stiffer penalties beyond that for similar crimes, deters that particular crime?

We don't see it working anywhere else. So why would you think it would work with stolen guns?

Show me where stiffer penalties beyond that for similar crimes, deters that particular crime?

We don't see it working anywhere else. So why would you think it would work with stolen guns?
Won’t know until you try it. NYC in the 90s until the Deblasio Debacle had lots of success with stiffer penalties and arrests for a wide variety of crimes.

Do you keep the guns and ammunition separate, or do you keep your "hidden" guns loaded?

Do you have children in, or who visit the house?
Of course my available guns are loaded! What good would they be if they're not?
Good thing your real name a address aren't posted. You'd be an even bigger sitting duck than you already are.
Very few people visit.
My guns are very well hidden...as in secret concealed compartments hidden. I also usually am armed when I walk out the door and when I walk in the door at the end of the day. I'm not your typical liberal gunowner who throws it in his top drawer in plain sight....and then doesn't check it again for a month. I check my guns practically EVERY day, and when I do kids are usually asleep, in school or camp or out on the town.

This is how responsible preparedness looks.
YMMV.

Of course my available guns are loaded! What good would they be if they're not?
Good thing your real name a address aren't posted. You'd be an even bigger sitting duck than you already are.
Very few people visit.
My guns are very well hidden...as in secret concealed compartments hidden. I also usually am armed when I walk out the door and when I walk in the door at the end of the day. I'm not your typical liberal gunowner who throws it in his top drawer in plain sight....and then doesn't check it again for a month. I check my guns practically EVERY day, and when I do kids are usually asleep, in school or camp or out on the town.

This is how responsible preparedness looks.
YMMV.
I am similar.

They have rapid access pistol safes. I have three in various locations.

Won’t know until you try it. NYC in the 90s until the Deblasio Debacle had lots of success with stiffer penalties and arrests for a wide variety of crimes.
Actually the stiffer penalties did nothing. It was the increase in arrests that changed what was happening in NYC.

Which actually is the heart of the stiffer penalty argument. Showing an example where it doesn't work.

Actually the stiffer penalties did nothing. It was the increase in arrests that changed what was happening in NYC.

Which actually is the heart of the stiffer penalty argument. Showing an example where it doesn't work.

I grew up there. I know what happened.

Forum List

Back