The democrat argument? Because normal people have guns, criminals get guns...now it applies to cars too....

They have rapid access pistol safes. I have three in various locations.
Why would someone like me, who has no kids living in my home, go to the expense of such a safe? No need for it. When the grandkids visit the pistols are locked up as they are when I leave the house.

They have rapid access pistol safes. I have three in various locations.
Homey don't play that. Under pressure (like someone running after you with a loaded gun maybe even taking shots at you as they go) few people are likely to have steady hands, even the police who have more training than most are often shaking and sweating bullets when taken by surprise. Sure, there's a market for such safes...but they are not practical in a really dire self-defense situation. Maybe they'd be ok for that "bump in the night" that want to go check out....but not if you're taken by surprise. I've known a few people whose doors were kicked right in and had no chance to run to a gun safe and open it. Granted, they weren't murdered but they were robbed at gunpoint and were even roughed up a bit. They were just sitting there on the couch and bam bam CRASH....the thieves were in. I would have to run to another room in my case but I would be armed way faster than having to pull a gun safe out from somewhere and open it with an armed asshole hot on my tail. To expect otherwise is very naive.

The same as the BATF, and the relevant 18 USC definitions.
There is no BATF. It is the ATF

Just post YOUR DEFINITION. Why are you afraid? Here is mine:

If I have to do something to the weapon to get a round in the chamber the weapon is not loaded.

If it is semi automatic and there is no round in the chamber, it is not loaded.

If it is my Henry lever action and I have to activate the lever, it is not loaded.

Technically, By my definition, the only loaded weapon I have in my house is the Taurus Judge.

Google it.

Why would someone like me, who has no kids living in my home, go to the expense of such a safe? No need for it. When the grandkids visit the pistols are locked up as they are when I leave the house.
I take one of two or three "duty" guns with me every day when I leave the house. The others would need some serious time consuming ransacking to be found. The rest are locked up.

I take one of two or three "duty" guns with me every day when I leave the house. The others would need some serious time consuming ransacking to be found. The rest are locked up.
My sidearms are locked up When I am not home. I usually carry one.

To keep someone from stealing the.

Did you even bother to read the OP?

SMH

Homey don't play that. Under pressure (like someone running after you with a loaded gun maybe even taking shots at you as they go) few people are likely to have steady hands, even the police who have more training than most are often shaking and sweating bullets when taken by surprise. Sure, there's a market for such safes...but they are not practical in a really dire self-defense situation. Maybe they'd be ok for that "bump in the night" that want to go check out....but not if you're taken by surprise. I've known a few people whose doors were kicked right in and had no chance to run to a gun safe and open it. Granted, they weren't murdered but they were robbed at gunpoint and were even roughed up a bit. They were just sitting there on the couch and bam bam CRASH....the thieves were in. I would have to run to another room in my case but I would be armed way faster than having to pull a gun safe out from somewhere and open it with an armed asshole hot on my tail. To expect otherwise is very naive.
Dude, who are you, James Bond?

People gonna be running after you shooting?

Quit with the fantasies and spend the money on a pistol safe.

DERP.

Certainly. Guns should either be on their person, or locked up. Not left laying around for thieves or children.

If you actually cared about criminals instead of just targeting gun ownera the real solution is a 20 year sentence for stealing a gun......you would end gun crime oner night.

If it's not on your person lock it up.

Guns are a responsibility. Sometimes there are expenses involved.

Grow up and take care of them.
You guys would shit a fucking brick if you lived where I did in the Deep South and saw what gun storage was.

Junior, I already told you when I’m not home or the grandkids are there they are locked.

Learn to read,

Yu know what, but you never looked into WHY.

Suspects were largely unaware, or completely indifferent to the harsher penalties. So that had no deterrent effect at all.

When they are sitting in prison for twenty years word would get around the criminal community...stealing guns would end

Forum List

Back