The Democrat war on work, what's their end game?

They want everyone to work for the state

Weird, considering that the number of Federal Employees is nearing a 50 year low.

'In September, before the government shutdown, the government had 2,723,000 employees, according to the latest job report, on a seasonally adjusted basis. That is the lowest figure since 1966. Now, the federal government employs exactly 2 percent of the people with jobs in this country. In 1966, the figure was more than twice that, 4.3 percent. '

http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/10/22/bloated-government-federal-employment-at-47-year-low/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0

How can you make statements like this Frank when you can't support them with actual fact?

Oh that's right, facts and reality don't matter to you people.

The federal government is STILL the nation's largest employer.
That is unacceptable

The scotus said your party cheats in elections and needs to be punished for it.

Even that FACT you pretend is not real

No...And if that were true the punishment would have been meted out.
It hasn't because there was no cheating.
The only cheating was against you. When they handed out brains, you got cheated.

When you look at Blue States with the universities and the manufacturing and the science and technology, then you look at the Red States who never did as well as when they had slaves working for their lazy asses, it's obvious who values work and who takes credit for the work of others.

Could Pubs and the hater dupes have a more twisted view of ACA...LOL-

OP- Actually, a war for freedom to work at whatever one wants and keep your insurance no matter what...You morons are perfect chumps of the greedy idiot chickenhawk ugly American mega rich who've been bust turning us into a banana republic for 30 years...

It truly is astonishing how your brain is a clone of an anus; in that like an anus, all it does is let out a bunch of vile hot air and crap.

Last edited:
Many many Americans are strugling to make ends meet and in fact millions still can't find sustainable employment. Yet here come the democrats celebrating the fact that work isn't that important.
I refuse to believe that most Americans would rather live a subsidized life than to persue their own dreams.
I believe the sudden belief by democrats that work is a ball and chain is their irrational defense of obamacare and the fact that they now realize it is killing jobs. So rather than rectify the problem they rationalize that work isn't really that important.

Are dems digging themselves a hole that will take decades to recover from or has American become so complacent that this will be excused?

This is the most anti-business administration in the history of our nation. The reason there are no JOBS is because Barack Obama was re-elected for a second term.

Just yesterday--our health care dictator and chief--decided to usurp his constitutional authority for the 27th time and threaten employers in this country with the IRS over Obamacare. Should they lay anyone off or cut their hours to meet their expenses--they will now be required to face the IRS.

(1) Limited Workforce Size. The employer must employ on average at least 50 full-time employees (including full-time equivalents) but fewer than 100 full-time employees (including full-time equivalents) on business days during 2014. (Employers with fewer than 50 full-time employees (including full-time equivalents) on business days during the previous year are not subject to the Employer Shared Responsibility provisions.) The number of full-time employees (including full-time equivalents) is determined in accordance with the otherwise applicable rules in the final regulations for determining status as an applicable large employer.

(2) Maintenance of Workforce and Aggregate Hours of Service. During the period beginning on Febr. 9, 2014 and ending on Dec. 31, 2014, the employer may not reduce the size of its workforce or the overall hours of service of its employees in order to qualify for the transition relief. However, an employer that reduces workforce size or overall hours of service for bona fide business reasons is still eligible for the relief.
Questions and Answers on Employer Shared Responsibility Provisions Under the Affordable Care Act

Now I don't know how many employers there are in this country with 30 or less employees that are really going to want to grow their business and hire more employees--with the threat of the IRS getting all over their ass's should they lay-off someone or cut their hours.

144253_600.jpg

Welcome to your hope and change!

How does what you quoted remotely support the ridiculous OP?

You commies have highlighted the statement in blue, and your celebration that workers having this so called "freedom" show a total disregard for the poor folks that have to pay the bills. Is subsidized freedom really freedom, or just another form of slavery?

WTF. Seriously.

How can people being able to purchase health insurance on their own without having to get it through an employer possibly be a bad thing? You're a fucking psychopath.

You obviously have zero clue what the statement you quoted is even saying. You aren't even in the same ballpark.
Anyone could purchase health insurance BEFORE Dear Leader stuck his nose in it.
Obamacare just makes it more expensive and with less coverage. Check the plans and deductibles.

Many many Americans are strugling to make ends meet and in fact millions still can't find sustainable employment. Yet here come the democrats celebrating the fact that work isn't that important.
I refuse to believe that most Americans would rather live a subsidized life than to persue their own dreams.
I believe the sudden belief by democrats that work is a ball and chain is their irrational defense of obamacare and the fact that they now realize it is killing jobs. So rather than rectify the problem they rationalize that work isn't really that important.

Are dems digging themselves a hole that will take decades to recover from or has American become so complacent that this will be excused?

You realize we gutted our manufacturing base a decade and half ago?

And with NAFTA, why hire an American to answer your phone when someone in India will do it for Rupees?

Why pay auto union contracts and pensions when Mexicans will do it on the cheap and not need health care?

Why make anything here?

And why hire Americans to pick your produce or butcher cows when "migrant workers" will suffice?

THERE WILL ALWAYS BE UNEMPLOYMENT IS A COUNTRY THAT MAKES IT HARDER FOR POOR WOMEN TO GET ABORTIONS AND WON'T PROVIDE BIRTH CONTROL ON HEALTH PLANS.

Just think. in 20 years with AI computers doing all the middle management jobs, the Dems will control everything as they are the party of larger more robust "safety nets"….

Maybe the GOP might want to consider a more pro-poor and unemployed platform.

You are having a factual melt down. None of the stuff you posted is remotely true.
There is plenty of manufacturing here in the US. It's just done with fewer people due to technology AND the fact that factory workers must now be more highly educated and trained.
Why mention unions? What do unions have to do with anything?
And you go ahead and buy a farm, raise crops and then try to find Americans to pick the crops...Good luck with that.
I say, bring in the migrant workers. Just make sure they are documented and here legally.
Once again, a liberal has nothing to do but complain.

You can be excused on this one since you've never actually had a job. For those people who don't mooch of their grandma, that actually have a paying job they often get their health insurance through their employer. However, when they were laid off or tried to change jobs they would lose that insurance. With the introduction of the exchanges people can buy insurance that isn't tied to their employer, "freeing" them of staying at a job they don't want or like simply because they need the health insurance.

But you're right, why should people have a choice? Choice is bad. Right?

Let me also put it in terms that pertain to you. Let's say Grandma decides to kick you off her insurance policy, you now can purchase health insurance on your own through an exchange where as before you would have a much more difficult time buying an individual policy. But then that would require you finding a job to pay for it. Don't sweat though, for moochers like you I get to subsidize your health insurance. You're welcome.
I just have one question ... why does it seem to me liberals need health insurance and there job sucks? What is all liberals have a men disease or something? I am 48; and my work offers health insurance and I won't buy it.

Interesting. Can you share your secret about how you're immune to cancer, stroke, and all forms of accidents. This should be riveting.

He's not. he knows and as every intelligent person does, health insurance is not a requirement for survival.
The problem with ACA which you moocher libs turn a blind eye is that for ACA to have a chance, the young and healthy must join the program in order to cover the cost of the older and less healthy. Failing that, the ACA collapses onto itself. Hence the individual mandate.
ACA is a Ponzi Scheme.

I agree with you 100% but you're overstating the Democrat message. You don't pay your employer for your car or home insurance but somehow we have this system where your health and likely sole life insurance is tied to your employer. Why it is set up like this should be a question that Americans ask themselves. Portable policies that you carry with you regardless of your employment status makes more sense to pursuing your dreams...does it not? I mean, if your job moves to Michigan and your lifelong dream is to live in Arizona but you need insurance...are you supposed to have to move to Michigan? If your car insurance company stops offering insurance in your state but continues offering it in in the adjacent states, you simply go with another company...you don't move to another state.

I agree with what you're saying. However it's not as cut and dried as what you're stating.
The simple answer is there is strength in numbers. Hence the group policy. The best way to accomplish this was to have employers join groups.
Of course when government stepped into the health insurance marketplace, it botched up the whole thing. Government created all the rules. Insurance companies lobbied against regulations that permitted competition. For example, In Alabama, BC/BS insures over 90% of the state's population.
And of course the trial lawyer's lobbies also got into the act. They wanted gaps and other assurances that there would always be room for litigation.
The entire thing is a mess.
The answer to this is to simplify insurance for health coverage. ACA complicates it. And with that, costs are driven skyward. The money has to come from somewhere.
Here's an example of the push back.
NY Health Department "monitoring" Westchester Medical Center over ACA denial - Politics on the Hudson

You commies have highlighted the statement in blue, and your celebration that workers having this so called "freedom" show a total disregard for the poor folks that have to pay the bills. Is subsidized freedom really freedom, or just another form of slavery?

WTF. Seriously.

How can people being able to purchase health insurance on their own without having to get it through an employer possibly be a bad thing? You're a fucking psychopath.

You obviously have zero clue what the statement you quoted is even saying. You aren't even in the same ballpark.
No, they couldn't. Please educate yourself for once.
Obamacare just makes it more expensive and with less coverage. Check the plans and deductibles.
Again, you're wrong. But this isn't new for you. You're a flat out idiot.

I just have one question ... why does it seem to me liberals need health insurance and there job sucks? What is all liberals have a men disease or something? I am 48; and my work offers health insurance and I won't buy it.

Interesting. Can you share your secret about how you're immune to cancer, stroke, and all forms of accidents. This should be riveting.

He's not. he knows and as every intelligent person does, health insurance is not a requirement for survival.
The problem with ACA which you moocher libs turn a blind eye is that for ACA to have a chance, the young and healthy must join the program in order to cover the cost of the older and less healthy. Failing that, the ACA collapses onto itself. Hence the individual mandate.
ACA is a Ponzi Scheme.

Wow, you understand how insurance works. Finally. Now explain to me why we need insurance companies in our healthcare equation.

I already admitted that celebrate was the wrong adjective numbskull. But listening to top democrats in congress applaud the fact that less work is good speaks volumes.

Again, no one said this. Link to an actual "top democrat" saying anything remotely close to this. I don't want to see another opinion piece of some conservative interpreting what democrats are saying.

Would a white house quote count?

"But the White House said the possible reduction would be due to voluntary steps by workers rather than businesses cutting jobs — people having the freedom to retire early or spend more time as stay-at-home parents because they no longer had to depend only on their employers for health insurance."

Associated Press

What's funny is that they acted like someone couldn't go buy health insurance on their own before Obamascare came into being, like the only way you could get it was thru employment?? And what's even more ironic, is that it doesn't cost any less now to go purchase it thru Obamascare than it did before. For the average income, that is. Poor people get it 'free' now, but that hasn't changed either, poor people were covered under medicaid before too. Obamascare was only about the feds gaining more power over the populace.

Again, no one said this. Link to an actual "top democrat" saying anything remotely close to this. I don't want to see another opinion piece of some conservative interpreting what democrats are saying.

Would a white house quote count?

"But the White House said the possible reduction would be due to voluntary steps by workers rather than businesses cutting jobs — people having the freedom to retire early or spend more time as stay-at-home parents because they no longer had to depend only on their employers for health insurance."

Associated Press

What's funny is that they acted like someone couldn't go buy health insurance on their own before Obamascare came into being, like the only way you could get it was thru employment?? And what's even more ironic, is that it doesn't cost any less now to go purchase it thru Obamascare than it did before. For the average income, that is. Poor people get it 'free' now, but that hasn't changed either, poor people were covered under medicaid before too. Obamascare was only about the feds gaining more power over the populace.

Are you wrong with everything you say in real life too? Or just on this message board?

WTF. Seriously.

Oh really? Who was stopping people from purchasing individual health insurance policies?
Stop the nonsense.
You people believe on demand free medical care is an entitlement.
And since you threw out the insult, it is apparent you've run out of ideas and lost the argument.
Look, you're a true believer. So be it. You think government can wave a magic wand and make it all better. Sorry Charlie Tuna, it doesn't work that way.
Someone has got to pay. Hence the reason for the ACA individual mandate. Without the dollars flowing inbound form those who require little medical care, ACA is doomed to collapse upon itself.

ACA is a Ponzi Scheme.

Wow, you understand how insurance works. Finally. Now explain to me why we need insurance companies in our healthcare equation.

The insurance carriers have the systems in place and the expertise to administer the plans.
On the other hand you people think the federal government capable of performing the tasks. Nope.
Obama just added another level of red tape which invariably drives up the cost and the price.

Oh really? Who was stopping people from purchasing individual health insurance policies?
Stop the nonsense.
You people believe on demand free medical care is an entitlement.
And since you threw out the insult, it is apparent you've run out of ideas and lost the argument.
Look, you're a true believer. So be it. You think government can wave a magic wand and make it all better. Sorry Charlie Tuna, it doesn't work that way.
Someone has got to pay. Hence the reason for the ACA individual mandate. Without the dollars flowing inbound form those who require little medical care, ACA is doomed to collapse upon itself.

You're right. No one was being denied coverage before due to pre-existing conditions. That was all made up by the liberal media.

Forum List

Back