The Difference

No one supports the killing of cops.

The fact that you have to lie in order to attempt a moral equivalency only shows how weak your position truly is.

2838A59400000578-3064802-image-m-15_1430524380017.jpg

Who are they?

They are people supporting the killing of cops.

You said no one did, I just showed you people who do.

Who are they?

You don't know?
neither do you.

That's the point, dope.

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA...
Is counter-protesting hate groups an extremist view?
Nope.

Can you be putting yourself in danger by doing so?
Yep.

Is it going to accomplish anything of substance?
Nope.

Would it be better to ignore them, as they deserve?
Yep.

Would all that protesting energy be put to better use by taking someone we disagree with out to lunch and sincerely communicating with them?
Yep.

you don't think publicly standing up to Nazis is an effective tool?

hmmmm... i do. it might make them crawl back into their holes where they belong.

and at a minimum it sends a message to those in power that the orange one can't be allowed to legitimize these freaks.

I'm going out with my sign this week. i feel like I'm obligated to and if i don't then I'm complicit.

"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing".
Standing up to them is one thing, confronting them where violence is bound to happen is a whole different ball of wax. If the anti-racists had not shown up the racist rally would have been nothing more than a postscript on the national news, by confronting them it gives them the self validation they're looking for and creates the national attention they crave.

there is always violence when Nazis and their satellites are not around. the protesters did nothing wrong.

a terrorists drove a car into them and killed a young woman who stood up to hate. remember her name, my friend. it was heather hyer. and she was very brave.

the scum defending the Nazis, (not you) are an insult to her memory.

this war was fought already. they don't get better when left to their own devices.
You bring up the young girl who lost her life because some scumbag thought it was a good idea to kill...... To me? Maybe if you read my other posts you'd have not done that. I'm not comparing degrees of violence I'm simply stating that violence should always be condemned no matter who commits it and that by confronting the racists instead of ignoring them gives them national attention and self validation. They're a minority fringe group, treat them as a minority fringe group, don't give them the attention they crave thus marginalizing them even further.

and Wilson, cheney and schwermer were murdered for helping their fellow citizens register to vote.

and countless people were beaten down for marching for civil rights.

civil rights never would have happened if protesters didn't stand up noisily and publicly.

nothing good happens when good people cower in the face of evil. just like my mother's father fought in WWI and was a German POW. Just like my dad put on a uniform and was an MP after the Korean war...just like my uncles all wore uniforms.

sometimes we have to do what we have to do, even if it's standing and showing scum that they're opposed.

Who are they?

You don't know?

Some anti-fa type idiots, or BLM idiots.

Again, you said "no one", I did a quick google search and found some people who make your statement a false one.

I made the statement based on your false allegation and generalization of those groups.

You countered with a photo of people you admittedly can't identify. How dumb.

I found people wanting dead cops, I win.

Using fascist tactics to fight fascists seems like a great idea.

Only plays into their hands, but you are to dumb to realize that.

It doesn't at all. Standing up to these racist fucks is the right thing to do. After this disaster, cities around the country will not be giving these idiots any more permits to protest in this manner.

They have to give them permits, because you can't deny permits due to the content of a protest, nor can you deny a permit due to a heckler's veto, which is a back door method of denying a permit due to content.

You can certainly deny a permit on the grounds of public safety. They can certainly not allow any gear or weapons. They can certainly contain the size and duration.
Then why didn't Charlotteville do that? I recall a planned anti-fa counter-protest in Oregon last winter or spring that turned to nothing when the police refused to allow them to wear masks. Non-event. Perfect.

people need to stop with this antifa garbage. it's a distraction and makes people sound like they have IQ's of 12.

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Would all that protesting energy be put to better use by taking someone we disagree with out to lunch and sincerely communicating with them?
Yep.

hmmmm... i do. it might make them crawl back into their holes where they belong.

and at a minimum it sends a message to those in power that the orange one can't be allowed to legitimize these freaks.

I'm going out with my sign this week. i feel like I'm obligated to and if i don't then I'm complicit.

Standing up to them is one thing, confronting them where violence is bound to happen is a whole different ball of wax. If the anti-racists had not shown up the racist rally would have been nothing more than a postscript on the national news, by confronting them it gives them the self validation they're looking for and creates the national attention they crave.

The president gave them validation. The rest of the world rightfully condemned them.

Trying to burn?
Maybe taunting.

View attachment 143975
You're justifying an overt act of violence? You're no better than they are.

Violence toward whom?

Do you have any evidence that anyone was actually harmed with that spray can?
If I took a swing at you but missed it would still be an act of violence even though you were not hurt. Care to try again?

You don't know that man's intent, dope.
I understand that he's a big, scary black guy but you have no idea what that photo depicts.
From a legal standpoint it looks to be an act of intentional violence. Obviously you're unfamiliar with how criminal law works.
he doesn't believe in it except for when it benefits him.

NBC/ABC showed a picture of one anti-racist protester with an aerosol can that he had lit off the spray and was trying to burn one of the racists. That's not violence? From what I saw some on both sides came prepared for violence so denying it is ludicrous at best. Granted no one on the anti-racist side ran anyone over in a vehicle like that sick fuck did but violence is still violence and needs to be denounced in and of itself.

Trying to burn?
Maybe taunting.

View attachment 143975

Violence toward whom?

If I took a swing at you but missed it would still be an act of violence even though you were not hurt. Care to try again?

I understand that he's a big, scary black guy but you have no idea what that photo depicts.
he's a big, scary black guy
Oh and this speaks volumes about you, not me. I saw a human being commit a potential criminal assault regardless of what his intentions may or may have not been. Didn't even notice his color at first. Oops.......

Who are they?

Who are they?

You don't know?

Again, you said "no one", I did a quick google search and found some people who make your statement a false one.

I made the statement based on your false allegation and generalization of those groups.

But it of course had nothing to do with your claim. You win!

The "Alt Right" is based on bigotry and hate. Nothing ethnic or religious minorities can do will make them OK in the eyes of fuckers like Spencer and Duke.

"ANTIFA" is based on hatred of bigotry. You can be any color or creed. If you aren't a bigot, they will have no problem with you.

These are facts.

If you think they are equally evil. You are a fucking idiot.

So you're saying ANTIFA is justified in physically attacking fellow citizens trying to legally exercise their constitutional rights. If that's the case you're just as bad as the Nazis.

Fuck your legally. They were not legally expressing their rights. They were inciting violence.

How were they inciting violence?

Just by being there? Are you saying people on the left are so sensitive that even seeing a Nazi asshole is enough to push them to violence?

If ISIS rallied in your town square, what would your response be?

It is the same thing. These fuckers are terrorists. Have empathy for those they terrorize. Stand with those they terrorize. Your fellow Americans.

Asshole.

And the drama queen appears again. Trying to justify mob rule again there sparky? I was under the impression we have local, State and federal authorities to deal with such matters.

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

there is always violence when Nazis and their satellites are not around. the protesters did nothing wrong.

a terrorists drove a car into them and killed a young woman who stood up to hate. remember her name, my friend. it was heather hyer. and she was very brave.

this war was fought already. they don't get better when left to their own devices.
nice blinders you got on there jillian, I see you are no better than the group you detest. thanks for letting us know you piss on the constitution.

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

The president gave them validation. The rest of the world rightfully condemned them.
Well you just told me everything I needed to know, complete lack of objectivity. Thanks, it means I no longer should waste my time. :thup:

Only plays into their hands, but you are to dumb to realize that.

It doesn't at all. Standing up to these racist fucks is the right thing to do. After this disaster, cities around the country will not be giving these idiots any more permits to protest in this manner.

They have to give them permits, because you can't deny permits due to the content of a protest, nor can you deny a permit due to a heckler's veto, which is a back door method of denying a permit due to content.

You can certainly deny a permit on the grounds of public safety. They can certainly not allow any gear or weapons. They can certainly contain the size and duration.
Then why didn't Charlotteville do that? I recall a planned anti-fa counter-protest in Oregon last winter or spring that turned to nothing when the police refused to allow them to wear masks. Non-event. Perfect.

people need to stop with this antifa garbage. it's a distraction and makes people sound like they have IQ's of 12.

They are the ones causing the violent confrontations. But of course you want to ignore them because it ruins your narrative.

Fucking hack.

Who are they?

You don't know?

But it of course had nothing to do with your claim. You win!

You made the statement, I proved you wrong.

Own up, bitch.

if they did it peacefully? Let them at it.

Ignore them, let them have their march, yell their vitriol and be ignored.

You don't have to empathize with them, but if they are peaceful you cannot stop them from speaking/marching.

You are a saint. My apologies. We must all follow your example.

No, I am a firm believer in the US constitution as written, and Freedom of Speech is the cornerstone of our way of governing.

Let them protest, let others counterprotest, however no one has the right to shut down anyone else via violence.

You believe that the neo NAZI groups who gathered in VA were peacefully gathered. You believe that counterprotesters instigated the violent classes.

Your beliefs are your problem here. They WERE NOT there peacefully.

I believe SOME of the counter-protesters were there looking for a fight. Anti-fa publicly states their goal is to disrupt any rally/protest/speech they don't like via direct action.

The Nazi asshole had a valid permit, and went to the area they had the permit for. If you have some examples besides the asshole who rammed his car through a crowd of the protesters starting a fight with others by all means provide it.

One side came there wanting to demonstrate, some of the other side came there wanting to confront the demonstration violently.

If Anti-fa wasn't there would the Nazi's have just started attacking people randomly?

You still claim that the NAZI groups were there peacefully. That is bull. Sorry.

Antifa employs methods which I do not agree with. I can't stress this any more the I have.

If I had my way, no counterprotester would have laid a hand on any NAZI unless in self defense. Sadly, they did not have such self control.

They responded to the threat.

Bullshit, they were the threat.

Who are they?

You don't know?
neither do you.

That's the point, dope.
i do know those that had weapons are no better than the other side. period. you don't, that makes you just like those with the weapons.

They are the ones causing the violent confrontations. But of course you want to ignore them because it ruins your narrative.

Fucking hack.

the hacks, loser boy, are the people who think that we're not supposed to stand up to Nazis.

we've seen that before. maybe you can find some Vichy French who are still alive.

the "hack" is the person you see in the mirror.

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

You bring up the young girl who lost her life because some scumbag thought it was a good idea to kill...... To me? Maybe if you read my other posts you'd have not done that. I'm not comparing degrees of violence I'm simply stating that violence should always be condemned no matter who commits it and that by confronting the racists instead of ignoring them gives them national attention and self validation. They're a minority fringe group, treat them as a minority fringe group, don't give them the attention they crave thus marginalizing them even further.

and Wilson, cheney and schwermer were murdered for helping their fellow citizens register to vote.

and countless people were beaten down for marching for civil rights.

civil rights never would have happened if protesters didn't stand up noisily and publicly.

nothing good happens when good people cower in the face of evil. just like my mother's father fought in WWI and was a German POW. Just like my dad put on a uniform and was an MP after the Korean war...just like my uncles all wore uniforms.

sometimes we have to do what we have to do, even if it's standing and showing scum that they're opposed.
Jill, you're comparing apples with watermelons. It's me you're talking to, not one of the right or left wing nutjobs.

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

he condemned them about fifty times now. so try again to push your bumper sticker.

Trying to burn?
Maybe taunting.

View attachment 143975

Violence toward whom?

From a legal standpoint it looks to be an act of intentional violence. Obviously you're unfamiliar with how criminal law works.

From a legal standpoint you have no evidence of anything except an ignited spray can.

Forum List

Back