The Difference

They have to give them permits, because you can't deny permits due to the content of a protest, nor can you deny a permit due to a heckler's veto, which is a back door method of denying a permit due to content.

You can certainly deny a permit on the grounds of public safety. They can certainly not allow any gear or weapons. They can certainly contain the size and duration.
Then why didn't Charlotteville do that? I recall a planned anti-fa counter-protest in Oregon last winter or spring that turned to nothing when the police refused to allow them to wear masks. Non-event. Perfect.

people need to stop with this antifa garbage. it's a distraction and makes people sound like they have IQ's of 12.

They are the ones causing the violent confrontations. But of course you want to ignore them because it ruins your narrative.

Fucking hack.

the hacks, loser boy, are the people who think that we're not supposed to stand up to Nazis.

we've seen that before. maybe you can find some Vichy French who are still alive.

you can stand up all you want, you just can't use violence to prevent them from having their little pitty rally.

And when the Nazi's actually invade something with an actual army, AND win, then your Vichy reference is appropriate.

you don't think publicly standing up to Nazis is an effective tool?

hmmmm... i do. it might make them crawl back into their holes where they belong.

and at a minimum it sends a message to those in power that the orange one can't be allowed to legitimize these freaks.

I'm going out with my sign this week. i feel like I'm obligated to and if i don't then I'm complicit.

"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing".
Standing up to them is one thing, confronting them where violence is bound to happen is a whole different ball of wax. If the anti-racists had not shown up the racist rally would have been nothing more than a postscript on the national news, by confronting them it gives them the self validation they're looking for and creates the national attention they crave.

there is always violence when Nazis and their satellites are not around. the protesters did nothing wrong.

a terrorists drove a car into them and killed a young woman who stood up to hate. remember her name, my friend. it was heather hyer. and she was very brave.

the scum defending the Nazis, (not you) are an insult to her memory.

this war was fought already. they don't get better when left to their own devices.
You bring up the young girl who lost her life because some scumbag thought it was a good idea to kill...... To me? Maybe if you read my other posts you'd have not done that. I'm not comparing degrees of violence I'm simply stating that violence should always be condemned no matter who commits it and that by confronting the racists instead of ignoring them gives them national attention and self validation. They're a minority fringe group, treat them as a minority fringe group, don't give them the attention they crave thus marginalizing them even further.

and Wilson, cheney and schwermer were murdered for helping their fellow citizens register to vote.

and countless people were beaten down for marching for civil rights.

civil rights never would have happened if protesters didn't stand up noisily and publicly.

nothing good happens when good people cower in the face of evil. just like my mother's father fought in WWI and was a German POW. Just like my dad put on a uniform and was an MP after the Korean war...just like my uncles all wore uniforms.

sometimes we have to do what we have to do, even if it's standing and showing scum that they're opposed.
Jill, you're comparing apples with watermelons. It's me you're talking to, not one of the right or left wing nutjobs.

no. I'm really not. how do you think hitler's minions started in Germany?

they started with the election of a chancellor who pressed all their victim buttons and enabled people full of hate to obtain legitimacy.

i take this very seriously. so should you.

hmmmm... i do. it might make them crawl back into their holes where they belong.

and at a minimum it sends a message to those in power that the orange one can't be allowed to legitimize these freaks.

I'm going out with my sign this week. i feel like I'm obligated to and if i don't then I'm complicit.

Standing up to them is one thing, confronting them where violence is bound to happen is a whole different ball of wax. If the anti-racists had not shown up the racist rally would have been nothing more than a postscript on the national news, by confronting them it gives them the self validation they're looking for and creates the national attention they crave.

there is always violence when Nazis and their satellites are not around. the protesters did nothing wrong.

a terrorists drove a car into them and killed a young woman who stood up to hate. remember her name, my friend. it was heather hyer. and she was very brave.

this war was fought already. they don't get better when left to their own devices.
You bring up the young girl who lost her life because some scumbag thought it was a good idea to kill...... To me? Maybe if you read my other posts you'd have not done that. I'm not comparing degrees of violence I'm simply stating that violence should always be condemned no matter who commits it and that by confronting the racists instead of ignoring them gives them national attention and self validation. They're a minority fringe group, treat them as a minority fringe group, don't give them the attention they crave thus marginalizing them even further.

and Wilson, cheney and schwermer were murdered for helping their fellow citizens register to vote.

civil rights never would have happened if protesters didn't stand up noisily and publicly.

nothing good happens when good people cower in the face of evil. just like my mother's father fought in WWI and was a German POW. Just like my dad put on a uniform and was an MP after the Korean war...just like my uncles all wore uniforms.

sometimes we have to do what we have to do, even if it's standing and showing scum that they're opposed.
Jill, you're comparing apples with watermelons. It's me you're talking to, not one of the right or left wing nutjobs.
to her there is no difference. you disagree with her therefore you are against her and are a threat and inclusive to any group she chooses. she is allowed, in her mind, to make up rules as she goes. sad, truly sad.

You're justifying an overt act of violence? You're no better than they are.

Violence toward whom?

Do you have any evidence that anyone was actually harmed with that spray can?
If I took a swing at you but missed it would still be an act of violence even though you were not hurt. Care to try again?

You don't know that man's intent, dope.
I understand that he's a big, scary black guy but you have no idea what that photo depicts.
From a legal standpoint it looks to be an act of intentional violence. Obviously you're unfamiliar with how criminal law works.

From a legal standpoint you have no evidence of anything except an ignited spray can.
You keep telling yourself that Sparkette. I do have a question for you. How much law enforcement/criminal law experience do you have?

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA...
Is counter-protesting hate groups an extremist view?
Nope.

Can you be putting yourself in danger by doing so?
Yep.

Is it going to accomplish anything of substance?
Nope.

Would it be better to ignore them, as they deserve?
Yep.

Would all that protesting energy be put to better use by taking someone we disagree with out to lunch and sincerely communicating with them?
Yep.

The president gave them validation. The rest of the world rightfully condemned them.
he condemned them about fifty times now. so try again to push your bumper sticker.

Yep. That's how they see it alright.

1708152218-David-Duke-Thanks-Trump-For-Honesty-And-Courage.jpg

She doesn't see the difference.

If you dont' drink her flavor koolaid, you're wrong.

Violence toward whom?

If I took a swing at you but missed it would still be an act of violence even though you were not hurt. Care to try again?

I understand that he's a big, scary black guy but you have no idea what that photo depicts.
From a legal standpoint it looks to be an act of intentional violence. Obviously you're unfamiliar with how criminal law works.

From a legal standpoint you have no evidence of anything except an ignited spray can.
it's called a weapon idiot. did you just wake up or something or are you just always scum?

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Would all that protesting energy be put to better use by taking someone we disagree with out to lunch and sincerely communicating with them?
Yep.

The president gave them validation. The rest of the world rightfully condemned them.
he condemned them about fifty times now. so try again to push your bumper sticker.

View attachment 143985
it is spot on and you making up new rules isn't going to fly any longer schmuck. no more,

Violence toward whom?

You keep telling yourself that Sparkette. I do have a question for you. How much law enforcement/criminal law experience do you have?

Enough to know that you can't indict let alone prosecute that man on the sole basis of that photo.

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

I agree, Jillian, but here is the difference: we are not at war. We should not condone the use of violence on our fellow citizens from any quarter. As many here have pointed out in various threads, this has energized the hate groups, given them publicity. Although I don't believe we can ignore them, hitting them with bats at a legal rally is not the answer either.

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA...
Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

ya... he condemned them so hard david duke thanked the orange sociopath.

:rofl:

no. I'm really not. how do you think hitler's minions started in Germany?

they started with the election of a chancellor who pressed all their victim buttons and enabled people full of hate to obtain legitimacy.

i take this very seriously. so should you.
I take it very seriously but the US culture is not the German culture of the 1930s/40s and given the fact that the neo-nazis in this country are reviled by the VAST majority of our citizens I don't take them or their ability to change the culture in this country seriously. You give them waaaaaaaay too much credit.

View attachment 143985
it is spot on and you making up new rules isn't going to fly any longer schmuck. no more,

New rules?

I just showed you that they feel validated by the president, fool.

Violence toward whom?

he doesn't need any cause he is against law enforcement. it is quite obvious today who the haters and bigots really are on the left. wow.

The "Alt Right" is based on bigotry and hate. Nothing ethnic or religious minorities can do will make them OK in the eyes of fuckers like Spencer and Duke.

"ANTIFA" is based on hatred of bigotry. You can be any color or creed. If you aren't a bigot, they will have no problem with you.

These are facts.

If you think they are equally evil. You are a fucking idiot.

So you're saying ANTIFA is justified in physically attacking fellow citizens trying to legally exercise their constitutional rights. If that's the case you're just as bad as the Nazis.

Fuck your legally. They were not legally expressing their rights. They were inciting violence.

Tell me child, who had the permit? There would have been no violence if the leftist commie pukes hadn't shown up looking for a fight, dressed in armor and armed with clubs, pepper spray, impromptu flame throwers and bats. Your leftist commie pukes have demonstrated several times that they don't need a group to go against to get violent, a single scheduled speaker is all it takes for them to burn and destroy private property. You pretending your side is innocent here is just denying reality. I disagree with the message of the supremacist, but they had the law and Constitution on their side and had every right to do their little march unmolested.

there is no permit required for the exercise of free speech. Failing argument put forth by the asshole in the WH.

I agree, Jillian, but here is the difference: we are not at war. We should not condone the use of violence on our fellow citizens from any quarter. As many here have pointed out in various threads, this has energized the hate groups, given them publicity. Although I don't believe we can ignore them, hitting them with bats at a legal rally is not the answer either.

we're not at war now.

how long you think that lasts if these people are given a foothold and people suck their thumbs?

Enough to know that you can't indict let alone prosecute that man on the sole basis of that photo.
No but he can be arrested and potentially prosecuted so obviously your knowledge of criminal law is seriously lacking.

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

ya... he condemned them so hard david duke thanked the orange sociopath.

:rofl:
are you saying he didn't? come on girly let's hear you lie now. a creep, a liar and an alt left constitutionalist. wow. bust those chest buttons lady.

we're not at war now.

how long you think that lasts if these people are given a foothold and people suck their thumbs?
They don't have a foothold except for what others give them. They are a loud, minority fringe group.

Trying to burn?
Maybe taunting.

View attachment 143975

Violence toward whom?

sure we do, he is firing fire that is a military weapon at another human being in an aggressive manner. I can tell from the picture, the dude on the step was backing up. so injury didn't happen. See you have double standards and are no better then the group you detest. you are scum

So dumb. A military weapon? It's probably a can of deodorant. :laugh2:

Forum List

Back