The Difference

I see someone in a KKK uniform, I think of all the people the KKK and their ilk murdered.

I see someone in a Nazi uniform, I think of the millions and millions of people mass murdered by Nazis.

And then they whine when someone punches their fucking faces? Really?

You're a very hate filled and violent person. You realize you are no different from what you say you hate?
Hey, we get it. You are a moral equivalizer hippie. We get it.

Standing up to them is one thing, confronting them where violence is bound to happen is a whole different ball of wax. If the anti-racists had not shown up the racist rally would have been nothing more than a postscript on the national news, by confronting them it gives them the self validation they're looking for and creates the national attention they crave.

there is always violence when Nazis and their satellites are not around. the protesters did nothing wrong.

a terrorists drove a car into them and killed a young woman who stood up to hate. remember her name, my friend. it was heather hyer. and she was very brave.

the scum defending the Nazis, (not you) are an insult to her memory.

this war was fought already. they don't get better when left to their own devices.
You bring up the young girl who lost her life because some scumbag thought it was a good idea to kill...... To me? Maybe if you read my other posts you'd have not done that. I'm not comparing degrees of violence I'm simply stating that violence should always be condemned no matter who commits it and that by confronting the racists instead of ignoring them gives them national attention and self validation. They're a minority fringe group, treat them as a minority fringe group, don't give them the attention they crave thus marginalizing them even further.

and Wilson, cheney and schwermer were murdered for helping their fellow citizens register to vote.

and countless people were beaten down for marching for civil rights.

civil rights never would have happened if protesters didn't stand up noisily and publicly.

nothing good happens when good people cower in the face of evil. just like my mother's father fought in WWI and was a German POW. Just like my dad put on a uniform and was an MP after the Korean war...just like my uncles all wore uniforms.

sometimes we have to do what we have to do, even if it's standing and showing scum that they're opposed.
I agree, Jillian, but here is the difference: we are not at war. We should not condone the use of violence on our fellow citizens from any quarter. As many here have pointed out in various threads, this has energized the hate groups, given them publicity. Although I don't believe we can ignore them, hitting them with bats at a legal rally is not the answer either.

we're not at war now.

how long you think that lasts if these people are given a foothold and people suck their thumbs?
I know. It's an issue and there has definitely been a revival of sorts, at least an emboldening of these groups that were kept tamped down while a black man was in office. I'm not at all convinced that they are such a small number that we can just ignore them. However, it's true that the situation in Germany was much different than here; it's all a matter of degree. A proud nation had been completely humiliated and given no way to get back on its feet for its offenses during WWI. The economy was devastated in a way we have never experienced, not even during the Depression, and they had an international foot on their neck, keeping them down. Perfect breeding ground for a man spouting nationalism, particularly in a country with a strong cultural tradition of militancy. He knew how to get things organized and working again, too, as well as giving Germans back their pride. While you can certainly draw some uncanny parallels to the Trump agenda, you need to keep it in perspective.

I think even a lot of the comfortable thumb suckers are aware, now, that these guys need to be watched. I hope. Teach your children and your grandchildren better. Fight the current Fox smear campaign against college education because they're rearing a generation in liberal thought. If liberal thought means rejecting the Nazi's and the KKK, it's alright by me. It's the best thing we can do. These were young men bearing the Vanguard shields last weekend. It's not a battle that will be won anytime soon. Blood in our streets is still not my first choice, though.

both were there ready to do combat LL.....it is that simple.....

Nope. One was a reaction. It is that simple.
so the lefties that had baseball bats were on their way to a game and just stopped by to see whats going on?...how about the guys with gas masks?....why did they have those with them?...

Reaction. Straight up.
yea the reaction was..."hey guys the fucking nazis are going to be protesting today,lets take our bats and go and yell things at them and maybe we can crack some fucking racist heads!"....you are just making excuses for the left LL,but dont feel bad many righties are doing the same thing for the other side....

Both sides of the protests applied for and were granted permits. It was organized violence.

That is a factual misrepresentation. The counter protesters had no permit and did not require one.

how is it weak?....i never suggested what you are apparently saying i said....i made a statement concerning VIOLENT people of any race or creed,and yes that includes the ANTIFA idiots.....maybe you should go back and read this stuff again....

Read the OP.

Violence sucks.

But there is a difference between offense and defense. It is that simple.

Your opinion is noted. I respectfully disagree. I believe America can do without White Supremacists as well as the BLM movement. Actions must have consequences.

They ain't the same, bro. One wouldn't be here if not for the other. Peace.

I understand that the BLM movement is the relative newcomer. I can support their narrative, but have pretty much detested their execution thus far. I've seen video of the violent tactics used by both extremist organizations. Overreaction using violence is an asinine way to raise awareness. Thus, two sides of the same hate coin.

Read the OP.

Violence sucks.

But there is a difference between offense and defense. It is that simple.

Your opinion is noted. I respectfully disagree. I believe America can do without White Supremacists as well as the BLM movement. Actions must have consequences.

They ain't the same, bro. One wouldn't be here if not for the other. Peace.

I understand that the BLM movement is the relative newcomer. I can support their narrative, but have pretty much detested their execution thus far. I've seen video of the violent tactics used by both extremist organizations. Overreaction using violence is an asinine way to raise awareness. Thus, two sides of the same hate coin.

BLM is not a violent organization. ANTIFA is a violent organization. Learn who is who, please.

And those people are wrong. You don't use violence to get your point across.

Yet nobody from the right has every complained. At least the Westboro Baptist church were non-violent, can hardly say that about the klan, neo-nazis and the alt right, vroom, vroom.

People who attack others without provocation should be punished, no if's ands or buts.

So, what's your excuse about not defending the Westboro Baptist Church?

They have a right to protest same as anyone else. If someone assaulted them the cops need to arrest those people.

That being said they are assoles, just like the White Nationalists are, but the 1st amendment is primarily about defending assholes.

Then next time defend the assholes when it happens, very selective of you.

there is always violence when Nazis and their satellites are not around. the protesters did nothing wrong.

a terrorists drove a car into them and killed a young woman who stood up to hate. remember her name, my friend. it was heather hyer. and she was very brave.

this war was fought already. they don't get better when left to their own devices.
You bring up the young girl who lost her life because some scumbag thought it was a good idea to kill...... To me? Maybe if you read my other posts you'd have not done that. I'm not comparing degrees of violence I'm simply stating that violence should always be condemned no matter who commits it and that by confronting the racists instead of ignoring them gives them national attention and self validation. They're a minority fringe group, treat them as a minority fringe group, don't give them the attention they crave thus marginalizing them even further.

and Wilson, cheney and schwermer were murdered for helping their fellow citizens register to vote.

civil rights never would have happened if protesters didn't stand up noisily and publicly.

nothing good happens when good people cower in the face of evil. just like my mother's father fought in WWI and was a German POW. Just like my dad put on a uniform and was an MP after the Korean war...just like my uncles all wore uniforms.

sometimes we have to do what we have to do, even if it's standing and showing scum that they're opposed.
I agree, Jillian, but here is the difference: we are not at war. We should not condone the use of violence on our fellow citizens from any quarter. As many here have pointed out in various threads, this has energized the hate groups, given them publicity. Although I don't believe we can ignore them, hitting them with bats at a legal rally is not the answer either.

we're not at war now.

how long you think that lasts if these people are given a foothold and people suck their thumbs?
I know. It's an issue and there has definitely been a revival of sorts, at least an emboldening of these groups that were kept tamped down while a black man was in office. I'm not at all convinced that they are such a small number that we can just ignore them. However, it's true that the situation in Germany was much different than here; it's all a matter of degree. A proud nation had been completely humiliated and given no way to get back on its feet for its offenses during WWI. The economy was devastated in a way we have never experienced, not even during the Depression, and they had an international foot on their neck, keeping them down. Perfect breeding ground for a man spouting nationalism, particularly in a country with a strong cultural tradition of militancy. He knew how to get things organized and working again, too, as well as giving Germans back their pride. While you can certainly draw some uncanny parallels to the Trump agenda, you need to keep it in perspective.

I think even a lot of the comfortable thumb suckers are aware, now, that these guys need to be watched. I hope. Teach your children and your grandchildren better. Fight the current Fox smear campaign against college education because they're rearing a generation in liberal thought. If liberal thought means rejecting the Nazi's and the KKK, it's alright by me. It's the best thing we can do. These were young men bearing the Vanguard shields last weekend. It's not a battle that will be won anytime soon. Blood in our streets is still not my first choice, though.
Believe me when I tell you we have been watching them for decades and still are.
The situation in 1930s Germany actually goes back at least a hundred years before that and is multifaceted, the German culture/identity developed on a completely different track than ours, completely different guiding principles. The issues of post WWI and the 1930s were noting more than the powder keg going off that allowed for that identity to manifest itself to a large degree with the Nazis. What's interesting is a large majority of people in Germany had nothing against Jews per se, the public backlash from the Nazi Kristallnacht showed the Nazis they had to hide what they were doing from the German citizens, at least at first.
That would not happen here anywhere near as easily considering our culture and guiding principles. If anything it's more likely that the ones who would be ultimately marginalized of possibly persecuted in this country are either the conservatives or liberals depending on who ultimately gains control say a hundred years from now.

we're not at war now.

the fact that a black guy was in office was only incidental. it's the fact that he was followed by a white supremacist sympathizer and son of someone arrested at a klan rally that made it a problem.

everyone needs to stand up to these people. there is no other perspective.

I see someone in a KKK uniform, I think of all the people the KKK and their ilk murdered.

I see someone in a Nazi uniform, I think of the millions and millions of people mass murdered by Nazis.

And then they whine when someone punches their fucking faces? Really?

You're a very hate filled and violent person. You realize you are no different from what you say you hate?
Hey, we get it. You are a moral equivalizer hippie. We get it.

Really? How ya figure?

we're not at war now.

Believe me when I tell you we have been watching them for decades and still are.
The situation in 1930s Germany actually goes back at least a hundred years before that and is multifaceted, the German culture/identity developed on a completely different track than ours, completely different guiding principles. The issues of post WWI and the 1930s were noting more than the powder keg going off that allowed for that identity to manifest itself to a large degree with the Nazis. What's interesting is a large majority of people in Germany had nothing against Jews per se, the public backlash from the Nazi Kristallnacht showed the Nazis they had to hide what they were doing from the German citizens, at least at first.
That would not happen here anywhere near as easily considering our culture and guiding principles. If anything it's more likely that the ones who would be ultimately marginalized of possibly persecuted in this country are either the conservatives or liberals depending on who ultimately gains control say a hundred years from now.

33% of the country is still ok with the man who thinks Nazis and the people who protest them are the same.

that is way more than hitler had.

we're not at war now.

the fact that a black guy was in office was only incidental. it's the fact that he was followed by a white supremacist sympathizer and son of someone arrested at a klan rally that made it a problem.

Good grief.. you're off your rocker.

we're not at war now.

Ya know what pisses them off more than anything else? Laughing at them, ignoring them.

we're not at war now.

33% of the country is still ok with the man who thinks Nazis and the people who protest them are the same.

Nutters are nutters.

we're not at war now.

Ya know what pisses them off more than anything else? Laughing at them, ignoring them.

Bingo!!!! These people are irrelevant and a very tiny, TINY minority.

we're not at war now.

Oh yeah, I forgot, emotive political rhetoric........ Can't argue that one and wouldn't waste my time trying. :thup:

we're not at war now.

can't do that when the president says they were "decent people".

Doesn't change the fact that Trump blundered. He could have done a much better job handling the response. Considering he has a team full of advisers who are supposedly intelligent, I wonder how he could've messed it up so badly.
you should run for president.

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA . He's basically saying Both sides are just opposite extremists views .

That's rediculous . Wanting to run minorities out of the country is an extreme view . Not likening racism is not .

Think of that Westboro baptist. Church . If you counter protest them does that make you a crazy religious freak?
Apparently. According to the trumpanzees.
i still wonder if that word is racist.

we're not at war now.

can't do that when the president says they were "decent people".
He did? Or is that an interpretation. I'm asking because I didn't hear it.

Forum List

Back