The Difference

And those people are wrong. You don't use violence to get your point across.

Yet nobody from the right has every complained. At least the Westboro Baptist church were non-violent, can hardly say that about the klan, neo-nazis and the alt right, vroom, vroom.

People who attack others without provocation should be punished, no if's ands or buts.

So, what's your excuse about not defending the Westboro Baptist Church?

They have a right to protest same as anyone else. If someone assaulted them the cops need to arrest those people.

That being said they are assoles, just like the White Nationalists are, but the 1st amendment is primarily about defending assholes.

Then next time defend the assholes when it happens, very selective of you.

When have I ever said the Westboro idiots have no right to protest?

we're not at war now.

how long you think that lasts if these people are given a foothold and people suck their thumbs?
I know. It's an issue and there has definitely been a revival of sorts, at least an emboldening of these groups that were kept tamped down while a black man was in office. I'm not at all convinced that they are such a small number that we can just ignore them. However, it's true that the situation in Germany was much different than here; it's all a matter of degree. A proud nation had been completely humiliated and given no way to get back on its feet for its offenses during WWI. The economy was devastated in a way we have never experienced, not even during the Depression, and they had an international foot on their neck, keeping them down. Perfect breeding ground for a man spouting nationalism, particularly in a country with a strong cultural tradition of militancy. He knew how to get things organized and working again, too, as well as giving Germans back their pride. While you can certainly draw some uncanny parallels to the Trump agenda, you need to keep it in perspective.

I think even a lot of the comfortable thumb suckers are aware, now, that these guys need to be watched. I hope. Teach your children and your grandchildren better. Fight the current Fox smear campaign against college education because they're rearing a generation in liberal thought. If liberal thought means rejecting the Nazi's and the KKK, it's alright by me. It's the best thing we can do. These were young men bearing the Vanguard shields last weekend. It's not a battle that will be won anytime soon. Blood in our streets is still not my first choice, though.

the fact that a black guy was in office was only incidental. it's the fact that he was followed by a white supremacist sympathizer and son of someone arrested at a klan rally that made it a problem.

everyone needs to stand up to these people. there is no other perspective.
Ya know what pisses them off more than anything else? Laughing at them, ignoring them.

can't do that when the president says they were "decent people".
He did? Or is that an interpretation. I'm asking because I didn't hear it.
Oh and everyone who supports a specific politician does so because they agree with everything that politician says and does............ :eusa_whistle:

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA...
Is counter-protesting hate groups an extremist view?
Nope.

Can you be putting yourself in danger by doing so?
Yep.

Is it going to accomplish anything of substance?
Nope.

Would it be better to ignore them, as they deserve?
Yep.

Would all that protesting energy be put to better use by taking someone we disagree with out to lunch and sincerely communicating with them?
Yep.

you don't think publicly standing up to Nazis is an effective tool?

hmmmm... i do. it might make them crawl back into their holes where they belong.

and at a minimum it sends a message to those in power that the orange one can't be allowed to legitimize these freaks.

I'm going out with my sign this week. i feel like I'm obligated to and if i don't then I'm complicit.

"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing".
nobody has covered the kkk in decades. now russia to blame is over, dems find a new drama cause celeb.

that's not patriotic, that's just bieng cowardly, but like russia it's easy to throw bombs from the sideline. no evidence necessary. jeff davis could have been president of the south or even the country.

Yet nobody from the right has every complained. At least the Westboro Baptist church were non-violent, can hardly say that about the klan, neo-nazis and the alt right, vroom, vroom.

People who attack others without provocation should be punished, no if's ands or buts.

They have a right to protest same as anyone else. If someone assaulted them the cops need to arrest those people.

That being said they are assoles, just like the White Nationalists are, but the 1st amendment is primarily about defending assholes.

Did you get lost? I asked why you didn't defend their right when they were getting the shit beat out of them at the time.

there were people like me there to protest/witness the removing of the statue, but i think you knew that.

the first amendment allowed the westboro church to peacefully assemble. as despicable as they are.

And the Westboro Baptist Church has had thousands of counter protesters, but nobody complained about 1st amendment rights then.

The Counter protesters usually just tired to drown out those idiots, or shield the people at the funerals from seeing them. There rarely were direct confrontations.

There were often direct confrontations. Counter protesting is not uncommon, the klan can tell you about that.

Links?

35 Times The Westboro Baptist Church Lost Badly

it's like when the bull harpoons the matador. i'd like to see those westboro maggots swinging on a meat hook.

One group hates based on race, the other hates based on ideology.

Equally disgusting groups.

What's the point if this?
Hating facsits is a noble cause. Hating racists is a noble cause.
Hating and denouncing racist evil, fascist or otherwise, is a noble cause. Using violence (on any side) is a violation of law and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I wouldn't disagree under normal circumstances. These guys came geared up and armed up. Most of the counter protestors were in normal clothing. There is no "both sides are to blame".
NBC/ABC showed a picture of one anti-racist protester with an aerosol can that he had lit off the spray and was trying to burn one of the racists. That's not violence? From what I saw some on both sides came prepared for violence so denying it is ludicrous at best. Granted no one on the anti-racist side ran anyone over in a vehicle like that sick fuck did but violence is still violence and needs to be denounced in and of itself.

Trying to burn?
Maybe taunting.

View attachment 143975
great, now everyone will want to bring a bic lighter and a can of hairspray to the rallies.

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA . He's basically saying Both sides are just opposite extremists views .

That's rediculous . Wanting to run minorities out of the country is an extreme view . Not likening racism is not .

Think of that Westboro baptist. Church . If you counter protest them does that make you a crazy religious freak?

If the KKK is having a rally and you don't like the KKK, don't show up. You could get killed and the President won't even defend you.

Says the far left drone that supported the killing of cops!
What a fucking cock sucker you are. I'm agreeing with your side you fucking idiot.

And I don't support killing cops unless they are bad cops. Lots of bad cops out there and yes bad/crooked cops should be put to death. Just like bad citizens should be put to death. Are you suddenly against the death penalty?

We give them incredible power and if they abuse it they need to go.

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA . He's basically saying Both sides are just opposite extremists views .

That's rediculous . Wanting to run minorities out of the country is an extreme view . Not likening racism is not .

Think of that Westboro baptist. Church . If you counter protest them does that make you a crazy religious freak?

If the KKK is having a rally and you don't like the KKK, don't show up. You could get killed and the President won't even defend you.

No one supports the killing of cops.

The fact that you have to lie in order to attempt a moral equivalency only shows how weak your position truly is.
Kosh is a loser.

What a fucking cock sucker you are. I'm agreeing with your side you fucking idiot.

And I don't support killing cops unless they are bad cops. Lots of bad cops out there and yes bad/crooked cops should be put to death. Just like bad citizens should be put to death. Are you suddenly against the death penalty?

WTF??????

Did you get lost? I asked why you didn't defend their right when they were getting the shit beat out of them at the time.

Because no one was posting about it?

Really? You were and you weren't very interested in defending their rights then either.

"The worst thing Westboro does is picket like assholes, occasionally get accosted for it, and sue like the whiny little bitches they are."

"Most of them would be first time offenders, so as long as they didnt kill or permanently maim any of them they would likely get off with a wrist slap.

The trouble comes from the fact that alot of those westboro idiots are lawyers. I would assume anyone sued for pounding on those idiots would get some pro bono legal representation."

The "Alt Right" is based on bigotry and hate. Nothing ethnic or religious minorities can do will make them OK in the eyes of fuckers like Spencer and Duke.

"ANTIFA" is based on hatred of bigotry. You can be any color or creed. If you aren't a bigot, they will have no problem with you.

These are facts.

If you think they are equally evil. You are a fucking idiot.

There is no difference. Both groups push race hate. What you are acknowledging is your being to lazy to simply change the channel.

WTF??????
Why not? When you hear about an abusive corrupt cop, why would you not give that scum a lethal dose of something? Imagine how many lives they purposely ruined.

What, you defend bad cops now too?

Really? You were and you weren't very interested in defending their rights then either.

"The worst thing Westboro does is picket like assholes, occasionally get accosted for it, and sue like the whiny little bitches they are."

"Most of them would be first time offenders, so as long as they didnt kill or permanently maim any of them they would likely get off with a wrist slap.

The trouble comes from the fact that alot of those westboro idiots are lawyers. I would assume anyone sued for pounding on those idiots would get some pro bono legal representation."

Wow, you spent all that time looking up quotes from me?

thanks for letting me live rent free in your head.

Did I ever say violence was justified?

I just grabbed the first couple I saw, took about 20 seconds. And yeah, you implied violence was justified because the offenders would probably get legal council for free.

Hating facsits is a noble cause. Hating racists is a noble cause.
Hating and denouncing racist evil, fascist or otherwise, is a noble cause. Using violence (on any side) is a violation of law and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I wouldn't disagree under normal circumstances. These guys came geared up and armed up. Most of the counter protestors were in normal clothing. There is no "both sides are to blame".
NBC/ABC showed a picture of one anti-racist protester with an aerosol can that he had lit off the spray and was trying to burn one of the racists. That's not violence? From what I saw some on both sides came prepared for violence so denying it is ludicrous at best. Granted no one on the anti-racist side ran anyone over in a vehicle like that sick fuck did but violence is still violence and needs to be denounced in and of itself.

Trying to burn?
Maybe taunting.

View attachment 143975
You're justifying an overt act of violence? You're no better than they are.

You guys don't justify overt acts of violence? Think long and hard before you answer

Republican politician who body slammed reporter avoids jail time

I just grabbed the first couple I saw, took about 20 seconds. And yeah, you implied violence was justified because the offenders would probably get legal council for free.

Not at all. From what I remember most of those protests were at private funerals, and were basically saying a person's loved one is now in hell. That's much closer to fighting words than running around with a nazi flag.

Not at all. From what I remember most of those protests were at private funerals, and were basically saying a person's loved one is now in hell. That's much closer to fighting words than running around with a nazi flag.

Their protests were still legal, are you bending the rules on the 1st amendment?

Trying to burn?
Maybe taunting.

View attachment 143975
You're justifying an overt act of violence? You're no better than they are.

You guys don't justify overt acts of violence? Think long and hard before you answer

Republican politician who body slammed reporter avoids jail time

I didn't have to because of this moronic statement;
"You guys".
Obviously you popped in without reading anything else I posted and completely misconstrued my intent...... But I would expect that from an emotive hack.

Forum List

Back