The Difference

Their intent was to have a rally. Anti-fa's intent was to disrupt that rally by any means nessasary.

Well, duh. Hence the anti in their name.

Considering they use fascist tactics their name is kind of a joke.
Using fascist tactics to fight fascists seems like a great idea.

Only plays into their hands, but you are to dumb to realize that.

It doesn't at all. Standing up to these racist fucks is the right thing to do. After this disaster, cities around the country will not be giving these idiots any more permits to protest in this manner.
standing up means what exactly? explain. why don't you just take them out fk?

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA . He's basically saying Both sides are just opposite extremists views .

That's rediculous . Wanting to run minorities out of the country is an extreme view . Not likening racism is not .

Think of that Westboro baptist. Church . If you counter protest them does that make you a crazy religious freak?

Apples and oranges... for you. When you're a counter protest group coming in intent on inciting violence with the main protesters, you are just as extreme as they are.

Who had intent ? Neo nazis aren't known to be pacifists. And they came dressed up in their homemade battle gear.

Enough of this bull that they are peaceful Wall flowers :
and how did the alt left come dressed? hmmm?

You tell me.
170812-unite-the-right-rally-113p-rs_b7cee658a77271b027a95a05de0d2f84.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

Charlottesville-Reaction-520x355.jpg

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA...
Is counter-protesting hate groups an extremist view?
Nope.

Can you be putting yourself in danger by doing so?
Yep.

Is it going to accomplish anything of substance?
Nope.

Would it be better to ignore them, as they deserve?
Yep.

Would all that protesting energy be put to better use by taking someone we disagree with out to lunch and sincerely communicating with them?
Yep.
when one comes with weapons, is one coming to be peaceful?

nope

Here lies the problem wh Trumps reaction to VA . He's basically saying Both sides are just opposite extremists views .

That's rediculous . Wanting to run minorities out of the country is an extreme view . Not likening racism is not .

Think of that Westboro baptist. Church . If you counter protest them does that make you a crazy religious freak?

Apples and oranges... for you. When you're a counter protest group coming in intent on inciting violence with the main protesters, you are just as extreme as they are.

Who had intent ? Neo nazis aren't known to be pacifists. And they came dressed up in their homemade battle gear.

Enough of this bull that they are peaceful Wall flowers :
and how did the alt left come dressed? hmmm?

You tell me.
View attachment 143976

View attachment 143977
confrontation, you bet, why? you want to silence them right? isn't that the end game? why not take them out fk. you don't want them to have rights, correct? fk.

cause only your rights matter. and you can do whatever you want, right?

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Would all that protesting energy be put to better use by taking someone we disagree with out to lunch and sincerely communicating with them?
Yep.

you don't think publicly standing up to Nazis is an effective tool?

hmmmm... i do. it might make them crawl back into their holes where they belong.

and at a minimum it sends a message to those in power that the orange one can't be allowed to legitimize these freaks.

I'm going out with my sign this week. i feel like I'm obligated to and if i don't then I'm complicit.

"All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing".

One group hates based on race, the other hates based on ideology.

Equally disgusting groups.

What's the point if this?
Hating facsits is a noble cause. Hating racists is a noble cause.
Hating and denouncing racist evil, fascist or otherwise, is a noble cause. Using violence (on any side) is a violation of law and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I wouldn't disagree under normal circumstances. These guys came geared up and armed up. Most of the counter protestors were in normal clothing. There is no "both sides are to blame".
NBC/ABC showed a picture of one anti-racist protester with an aerosol can that he had lit off the spray and was trying to burn one of the racists. That's not violence? From what I saw some on both sides came prepared for violence so denying it is ludicrous at best. Granted no one on the anti-racist side ran anyone over in a vehicle like that sick fuck did but violence is still violence and needs to be denounced in and of itself.

Trying to burn?
Maybe taunting.

View attachment 143975
You're justifying an overt act of violence? You're no better than they are.

If the KKK is having a rally and you don't like the KKK, don't show up. You could get killed and the President won't even defend you.

Says the far left drone that supported the killing of cops!

No one supports the killing of cops.

The fact that you have to lie in order to attempt a moral equivalency only shows how weak your position truly is.

2838A59400000578-3064802-image-m-15_1430524380017.jpg

Who are they?

They are people supporting the killing of cops.

You said no one did, I just showed you people who do.

Who are they?

You don't know?

And the Westboro Baptist Church has had thousands of counter protesters, but nobody complained about 1st amendment rights then.

The Counter protesters usually just tired to drown out those idiots, or shield the people at the funerals from seeing them. There rarely were direct confrontations.

There were often direct confrontations. Counter protesting is not uncommon, the klan can tell you about that.

Links?

35 Times The Westboro Baptist Church Lost Badly

And those people are wrong. You don't use violence to get your point across.

Yet nobody from the right has every complained. At least the Westboro Baptist church were non-violent, can hardly say that about the klan, neo-nazis and the alt right, vroom, vroom.

That's rediculous . Wanting to run minorities out of the country is an extreme view . Not likening racism is not

The purpose of Antics, BLM, and thede groups o. The other side isn't simply counter-protest. They promote the idea that the minorities need to be given special privileges, government monies, and preferences in hiring and education. So they ARE, in fact, an opposing viewpoint.

The Counter protesters usually just tired to drown out those idiots, or shield the people at the funerals from seeing them. There rarely were direct confrontations.

There were often direct confrontations. Counter protesting is not uncommon, the klan can tell you about that.

Links?

Yet nobody from the right has every complained. At least the Westboro Baptist church were non-violent, can hardly say that about the klan, neo-nazis and the alt right, vroom, vroom.

the klan, neo-nazis and the alt right, vroom, vroom
Or antifa

Their intent was to have a rally. Anti-fa's intent was to disrupt that rally by any means nessasary.

It doesn't at all. Standing up to these racist fucks is the right thing to do. After this disaster, cities around the country will not be giving these idiots any more permits to protest in this manner.

They have to give them permits, because you can't deny permits due to the content of a protest, nor can you deny a permit due to a heckler's veto, which is a back door method of denying a permit due to content.

Links?

the klan, neo-nazis and the alt right, vroom, vroom
Or antifa

anti-fascist?

aren't you?

or now that the orange sociopath is president, is fascism in vogue among white supremacist rightwingnuts?

Hating facsits is a noble cause. Hating racists is a noble cause.
Hating and denouncing racist evil, fascist or otherwise, is a noble cause. Using violence (on any side) is a violation of law and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
I wouldn't disagree under normal circumstances. These guys came geared up and armed up. Most of the counter protestors were in normal clothing. There is no "both sides are to blame".
NBC/ABC showed a picture of one anti-racist protester with an aerosol can that he had lit off the spray and was trying to burn one of the racists. That's not violence? From what I saw some on both sides came prepared for violence so denying it is ludicrous at best. Granted no one on the anti-racist side ran anyone over in a vehicle like that sick fuck did but violence is still violence and needs to be denounced in and of itself.

Trying to burn?
Maybe taunting.

View attachment 143975
You're justifying an overt act of violence? You're no better than they are.

Violence toward whom?

Do you have any evidence that anyone was actually harmed with that spray can?

They have to give them permits, because you can't deny permits due to the content of a protest, nor can you deny a permit due to a heckler's veto, which is a back door method of denying a permit due to content.

and they had a permit.

irrelevant to the obligation of decent people to protest against them.

Picking up clubs to attack people who have permit to protest is more extremist than any non-violent protest.

Says the far left drone that supported the killing of cops!

No one supports the killing of cops.

The fact that you have to lie in order to attempt a moral equivalency only shows how weak your position truly is.

2838A59400000578-3064802-image-m-15_1430524380017.jpg

Who are they?

They are people supporting the killing of cops.

You said no one did, I just showed you people who do.

Who are they?

You don't know?

Some anti-fa type idiots, or BLM idiots.

Again, you said "no one", I did a quick google search and found some people who make your statement a false one.

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

hmmmm... i do. it might make them crawl back into their holes where they belong.

and at a minimum it sends a message to those in power that the orange one can't be allowed to legitimize these freaks.

I'm going out with my sign this week. i feel like I'm obligated to and if i don't then I'm complicit.

so you wish to be like them then. that is what you just admitted to. you don't want them to exist like they don't want others to. nice, way to show off your hate and racism. you just proved you are just like them. And I can't stand either of you so fk off.

Nope.

Yep.

Nope.

Yep.

Yep.

Standing up to them is one thing, confronting them where violence is bound to happen is a whole different ball of wax. If the anti-racists had not shown up the racist rally would have been nothing more than a postscript on the national news, by confronting them it gives them the self validation they're looking for and creates the national attention they crave.

and they had a permit.

irrelevant to the obligation of decent people to protest against them.

Decent people don't use violence as a form of counter protest, or the threat of violence.

Forum List

Back