The Dilemma Black Athletes Find Themselves In

What?

Oh, you mean when they refused to stand for the Anthem?

First of all, our reaction has nothing to do with his/their skin color.

It has to do with them being anti-American pieces of shit.

Yeah, just so happens that you never supported any black cause ever. Because it's not about skin color right right

"Black causes"?

I've strongly in favor of serious actions to reduce crime in the black community to white levels (for a start).

Does that count?

No. I suggest you try to learn the ABC's before trying to count.

Why does it not count?

I've been consist for a long time that I do not accept the higher crime rate in the black community as normal and want serious policies to aggressively reduce it.

Your silliness about my intelligence is noted and dismissed.

Why are black men more prone to be incarcerated than white men? You have a simple answer to a very complex issue. That was and remains my point.

THat's another issue.

THe issue here is the wide spread anti-Americanism in the NFL.

They don't deserve the support of American fans.

It is wrong to look up to people who look down on you.

Yeah, just so happens that you never supported any black cause ever. Because it's not about skin color right right

"Black causes"?

I've strongly in favor of serious actions to reduce crime in the black community to white levels (for a start).

Does that count?

Why does it not count?

I've been consist for a long time that I do not accept the higher crime rate in the black community as normal and want serious policies to aggressively reduce it.

Why are black men more prone to be incarcerated than white men? You have a simple answer to a very complex issue. That was and remains my point.

THat's another issue.

You actually believe Trump's spin. How sad. Small hands tell you to "believe me", and you do. The perfect example of a biddable person, no matter how many times you deny it.

It really is unreal how so many attack an entire race by the actions of the few, especially when their actions reflect the best of our nation - a demand for equal protection. Racist need to hate, and make up reasons to do so. I wonder how many racists really believe the actions of Kap. and his brothers believe the divisive spin Trump has put upon their demand for equal protection under the law?

One needs to be pretty damn stupid to believe trump's spin, or in fact anything he says. With trump, don't trust and always verify!

What?

"Black causes"?

Does that count?

Change the word causes to any substitute word you choose and the formula still applies. You + black (insert word here) = never support.

Just a coincidence

NOt at all.

The black community is deeply committed to modern "liberalism" and I am mostly opposed to that.

That you want to dismiss my ideological differences with modern liberalism as "racism" is normal for a liberal.

Because avoiding serious and honest debate is your primary activity.

You are a race baiting asshole.

Like I said. You've never supported any black (insert your word here) ever. You can explain an excuse for every single one that ever existed but the pattern is clear and it's no surprise. Its like being surprised that a fly eats shit. You, like the fly and both expected outcomes.

Wel CC AsceLips, games are coming on. I got to go get my helmet on for group roller blading class. Maybe listen to old country music after that.

"Black causes"?

Does that count?

Why does it not count?

THat's another issue.

Adding hyperbole to a dishonest spin does not make your case.

No, Trump is a draft dodger. Ali just refused to step forward at the induction station. He didn't dodge a damn thing. He made a decision and stuck by it just like a true champion would regardless of the consequences.

Wrong. He was a draft dodger who was convicted and served jail time for his crime; and rightly so. He simply didn't have the courage to do his duty as a citizen. No way to spin that.
Ali served no jail time you moron.He was simply stripped of his title which he regained in spectacular fashion.
And he
He was a loud-mouthed fool who never knew when to stop. Boxing OR talking. Mike Tyson would have eaten him for lunch.

You obviously know nothing about the sport.
And a draft dodger. Even if he went to jail "for his beliefs", he still dodged the draft.

There is a difference between being a draft dodger and a concientous objector. Feel free to use Google.

There mostly certainly is and Ali (or Clay before he changed his name) was a draft dodger because he refused induction. Conscientious Objectors actually served in the military and in Vietnam and many received awards for valor. They refused to fight; not serve. Draft dodgers like Ali only served to give actual conscientious objectors shameful reputations as childish wimps.
Somehow the word "wimp" just doesn't fly as a description of ALI. Any man who could face
and defeat some of the bigges, meanest, hardest hitting humans on the planet is a hero
that demands respect just by the courage he showed. But to give up millions of dollars and a championship title you worked your whole life for to uphold a principle is so profound it
places Ali on a level with MLK and Malcolm X.
The greatness of that moment even overshadows his boxing prowess.
I never thought of anyone as being great for physically beating another for profit.

"Black causes"?

Does that count?

Why does it not count?

THat's another issue.

You actually believe Trump's spin. How sad. Small hands tell you to "believe me", and you do. The perfect example of a biddable person, no matter how many times you deny it.

Your focus away from what I said, to your imaginary scenario of how I came to my opinion is just you being evasive and attacking me personally,

all to avoid the Truth.

You stand during the Anthem to show respect to the Nation and loyalty to your fellow Citizens.

You kneel to show the opposite.

These kneelers are anti-American pieces of shit and should have no place in American society.

What?

"Black causes"?

Does that count?

Change the word causes to any substitute word you choose and the formula still applies. You + black (insert word here) = never support.

Just a coincidence

NOt at all.

The black community is deeply committed to modern "liberalism" and I am mostly opposed to that.

That you want to dismiss my ideological differences with modern liberalism as "racism" is normal for a liberal.

Because avoiding serious and honest debate is your primary activity.

You are a race baiting asshole.

Like I said. You've never supported any black (insert your word here) ever. You can explain an excuse for every single one that ever existed but the pattern is clear and it's no surprise. Its like being surprised that a fly eats shit. You, like the fly and both expected outcomes.

NOthing in your post addressed my point of ideological differences.

All you did was repeat your race baiting accusation and then insult me some more.

I understand that as a liberal that is what you consider "debate", but I am past making allowances for you people.

You are a race baiting ass, and you lose.

"Black causes"?

Does that count?

Why does it not count?

THat's another issue.

Adding hyperbole to a dishonest spin does not make your case.

If you stand to show respect to the Nation and it's Citizens,

then what are you showing when you instead do the OPPOSITE of standing?

This is not hyperbole, this is me taking them seriously.

Your post is dishonest.

Oakland A's catcher Bruce Maxwell was arrested for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon after cops say he pulled a gun on a woman ... TMZ Sports has learned.
Earlier this week, Maxwell -- the only MLB player to kneel for the anthem -- told us he was recently denied service at an Alabama restaurant by a waiter who disagreed with the protest.
MLB's Bruce Maxwell Arrested For Aggravated Assault, Allegedly Pointed Gun At Woman
Now thats a dilemma......freaking lied into jail......rrigghttttt....I mean a great civil rights leader and they be trying to shut him up

Wrong. He was a draft dodger who was convicted and served jail time for his crime; and rightly so. He simply didn't have the courage to do his duty as a citizen. No way to spin that.
Ali served no jail time you moron.He was simply stripped of his title which he regained in spectacular fashion.
And he
And a draft dodger. Even if he went to jail "for his beliefs", he still dodged the draft.

There is a difference between being a draft dodger and a concientous objector. Feel free to use Google.

There mostly certainly is and Ali (or Clay before he changed his name) was a draft dodger because he refused induction. Conscientious Objectors actually served in the military and in Vietnam and many received awards for valor. They refused to fight; not serve. Draft dodgers like Ali only served to give actual conscientious objectors shameful reputations as childish wimps.
Somehow the word "wimp" just doesn't fly as a description of ALI. Any man who could face
and defeat some of the bigges, meanest, hardest hitting humans on the planet is a hero
that demands respect just by the courage he showed. But to give up millions of dollars and a championship title you worked your whole life for to uphold a principle is so profound it

I never thought of anyone as being great for physically beating another for profit.

Seems to me the boxers are exploited by the promoters and fight fans.

Are you suggesting we should not prosecute black men ... Or are you suggesting we should send more whites to jail ... :dunno:
I mean I understand what you are saying ... But I really don't see a solution in your comments.

Are you suggesting we should not prosecute black men ... Or are you suggesting we should send more whites to jail ... :dunno:
I mean I understand what you are saying ... But I really don't see a solution in your comments.

I retired at the end of 2005, at that time one of my colleagues was assigned a project to study disproportionate incarceration rates in CA. I don't know the final.outcome, but the raw data showed blacks were incarcerated for the same crimes whites were granted probation; a fact which generated the study.

This link below is what I found:

There is a stunning gap between the number of white and black inmates in America's prisons

There is more detail in the report that I can share, but I feel it is best if you read the link or seek out other links on the issue; there is no simple solution to this on going issue.

Last edited:
I retired at the end of 2005, at that time one of my colleagues was assigned a project to study disproportionate incarceration rates in CA. I don't know the final.outcome, but the raw data showed blacks were incarcerated for the same crimes whites were granted probation; a fact which generated the study.

There is a stunning gap between the number of white and black inmates in America's prisons

There is more detail in the report that I can share, but I feel it is best if you read the link or seek out other links on the issue; there is no simple solution to this on going issue.

Well, I didn't question the validity of your claim ... I have heard it before.

It's one of the reasons Eric Holder supported the idea of law enforcement not to weigh the drugs confiscated from black criminals.
He thought it was good idea to legislate from the Justice Department and not Congress in order to avoid maximum sentencing requirements specified in law.

I personally don't think that is any more appropriate as a solution ... On going problem or not.
My objection is not because the defendants he was trying to help were black.
It's centered on the fact he doesn't have the right to ignore the law any more than anyone else does.

You cannot make a case the law isn't prosecuted equally ... If you flat out say you are not going to follow the law to do just that.

Last edited:
It really is a shame how so many have been brought up to be consumed by their skin color.

People deserve better than that.
One shining example of us having better than that was Cassius Clay, aka Muhammad Ali, one of the finest athletes in my recollection and a deservedly proud Black man. He was one of a kind and there never has been anyone, Black or White, who came close to his athletic achievement and his sense of dignity.
He was a loud-mouthed fool who never knew when to stop. Boxing OR talking. Mike Tyson would have eaten him for lunch.
Literally, Mike Tyson would have eaten him....starting at the ears.

And he

If you believe that you might as well go to the cemetery, jump in a hole and cover your self with dirt. America wouldn't exist without murder and forced servitude for profit. The comforts you surround yourself with came about because of that. So stop being so
disingenuous.

And he

Seems to me the boxers are exploited by the promoters and fight fans.
ALI wasn't exploited...he opened up the door for fighters and even other sports figures to
Get paid millions instead of thousands of dollars. Ali was no fool.

Well, I didn't question the validity of your claim ... I have heard it before.

It's one of the reasons Eric Holder supported the idea of law enforcement not to weigh the drugs confiscated from black criminals.
He thought it was good idea to legislate from the Justice Department and not Congress in order to avoid maximum sentencing requirements specified in law.

I personally don't think that is any more appropriate as a solution ... On going problem or not.
My objection is not because the defendants he was trying to help were black.
It's centered on the fact he doesn't have the right to ignore the law any more than anyone else does.

You cannot make a case the law isn't prosecuted equally ... If you flat out say you are not going to follow the law to do just that.

During my career I supported the laws for 32 years for all comers equally, and believe every person is entitled to equal protection of the law. I believe taking discretion from the trier of facts by the Congress is inappropriate, and an overreach by the self righteous and Pols who value their job over the freedom of others.

One example of why - if it is still so - the the prosecution in unequal are the drug laws, the possession of Crack Cocaine visa a vis powdered cocaine and the possession of MJ.

In my first year as a deputy the laws on the possession of MJ were putting young, white college and University students in custody with "real criminals". No one cared until the sons and daughters of the affluent begin serving sentences with those they considered beneath them.

Within a year the penalty for possession of less than an ounce of MJ was changed by the State Legislature, and 1000 PC was passed. This Penal Code allowed for those with no prior record of arrests to be cited, not arrested, and to be given diversion not jail. After six months and good behavior, and completion a drug education class all records of the proceedings were vacated.

And he

If you believe that you might as well go to the cemetery, jump in a hole and cover your self with dirt. America wouldn't exist without murder and forced servitude for profit. The comforts you surround yourself with came about because of that. So stop being so
disingenuous.
Strange response. You think people are great for physically beating others? And simply for sport?

During my career I supported the laws for 32 years for all comers equally, and believe every person is entitled to equal protection of the law. I believe taking discretion from the trier of facts by the Congress is inappropriate, and an overreach by the self righteous and Pols who value their job over the freedom of others.

One example of why - if it is still so - the the prosecution in unequal are the drug laws, the possession of Crack Cocaine visa a vis powdered cocaine and the possession of MJ.

In my first year as a deputy the laws on the possession of MJ were putting young, white college and University students in custody with "real criminals". No one cared until the sons and daughters of the affluent begin serving sentences with those they considered beneath them.

Within a year the penalty for possession of less than an ounce of MJ was changed by the State Legislature, and 1000 PC was passed. This Penal Code allowed for those with no prior record of arrests to be cited, not arrested, and to be given diversion not jail. After six months and good behavior, and completion a drug education class all records of the proceedings were vacated.

Yeah ... I have heard all the stories ... You and many others have made their case.
I am not saying anything is fair ... I am asking what we need to do about the laws?

If the legislature deems one drug is different than another ... Then that is the law.
If you think it disproportionately affects members of society based on race ... You could make that case.

But ... The law doesn't actually segregate the offenders.
The DA's office may ... The PD may ... The courts may ... In regards to the same law.

If kids smoking dope need to go to jail longer for dope ... Change the law.
If kids slinging crack don't need to go to jail for a long time ... Change the law.

Now if black kids smoking dope and white kids slinging crack aren't treated to the same sentencing structure ... Then address policing and prosecution.

Forum List

Back