The Dilemma Black Athletes Find Themselves In

It really is a shame how so many have been brought up to be consumed by their skin color.

People deserve better than that.

It really is unreal how so many attack an entire race by the actions of the few, especially when their actions reflect the best of our nation - a demand for equal protection. Racist need to hate, and make up reasons to do so. I wonder how many racists really believe the actions of Kap. and his brothers believe the divisive spin Trump has put upon their demand for equal protection under the law?

One needs to be pretty damn stupid to believe trump's spin, or in fact anything he says. With trump, don't trust and always verify!

What?

Oh, you mean when they refused to stand for the Anthem?

First of all, our reaction has nothing to do with his/their skin color.

It has to do with them being anti-American pieces of shit.

Yeah, just so happens that you never supported any black cause ever. Because it's not about skin color right right

"Black causes"?

I've strongly in favor of serious actions to reduce crime in the black community to white levels (for a start).

Does that count?

How silly! The only principle he upheld was that of keeping his ass as far out of harm's way as possible. Prize fighting is a game; he couldn't handle even the possibility of real fighting. Because he was too frightened to do his duty someone else had to be sent in his place. That person was far far closer to being an actual hero.
Hero? Not in any reasoning mind.

Whoever was sent in his place either was incapable of understanding how wrong our presence in Vietnam was, or was stupid enough to believe it was a patriotic obligation, or simply didn't have the balls to say no and face the music.

Did it ever occur to you why President Carter pardoned those who went to Canada rather than go to Vietnam?

Bullshit? Here is some REAL bullshit for you.
Ali went to the Olympics in Rome, won a gold medal for THIS country, amd returned home and could not even get waited on in a greasy spoon in the shithole of town (Louisville Ky) where he lived!

Bullshit? He was a an American champion who could not purchase a home wherever he wanted to because of his race.

"American society" reviled him and his religion and collectively could not understand his reasoning for joining the Nation of Islam.

I could go on, but that is more than enough fucked up bullshit to justify his decision NOT to serve, and proves that his real enemies were right here

SMGDH.

Yabut...blacks are tolerated and they should be super happy about that because...

Exactly! They should just be "happy, grateful and just be quiet and play"....sounds like an interchangeable sentiment from the Jim Crow era.

It really is a shame how so many have been brought up to be consumed by their skin color.

It really is unreal how so many attack an entire race by the actions of the few, especially when their actions reflect the best of our nation - a demand for equal protection. Racist need to hate, and make up reasons to do so. I wonder how many racists really believe the actions of Kap. and his brothers believe the divisive spin Trump has put upon their demand for equal protection under the law?

One needs to be pretty damn stupid to believe trump's spin, or in fact anything he says. With trump, don't trust and always verify!

What?

Yeah, just so happens that you never supported any black cause ever. Because it's not about skin color right right

"Black causes"?

I've strongly in favor of serious actions to reduce crime in the black community to white levels (for a start).

Does that count?

Change the word causes to any substitute word you choose and the formula still applies. You + black (insert word here) = never support.

Just a coincidence

Today there is no draft (unfortunately), so nobody is sending Blacks (or Whites) off to war.

There is no draft but people volunteering for military service usually do so because of limited options in civilian life. Economic and educational incentives drive many to join hoping to prepare themselves for a better life in the future once their service ends. So, the prospect of fighting and dying for American interests around the world weighs heaviest on the poor and lower middle classes.

And when there was a draft the percentage of Whites who were "sent off" far exceeded the percentage of Blacks.

I have long suspected the draft was ended because of that very reason: too many affluent whites were forced to fight for their country.
Now Blacks are overrepresented in the military. And poor to lower middle class whites are too.

Regarding your comments about "2nd class bozos" and willful street executions, there might be some level of justification for those observations but certainly not nearly as serious as your statement implies.

Look...lets not pretend that America is some racial Shangri-La where bigotry and racial bias has disappeared. Numerous studies have verified what Blacks have suspected and or have been experiencing all along. And cell phone videos of cops killing unarmed Blacks has brought the graphic details right into our living rooms all too frequently. But our sense of justice is really shaken when one after another killer cops are set free. Even after some brave prosecutor takes them to trial al it takes is one bigoted juror or judge to ignore the evidence and officer "friendly" is off the hook.

Informed? Misinformed? Or simply looking for an excuse? What makes an individual think that his relatively uninformed opinion deserves to trump that of those who we elect and have the job of making such determinations? Should the tail wag the dog?

Being a United States citizen carries many benefits. It also carries some responsibilities one of which is being willing to serve our Nation if called to do so. Those who refuse the responsibilities do not deserve the benefits. Draft dodgers should forfeit their citizenship.
By enlisting in the Marine Corps for four years leaves no doubt in any reasoning mind that I was more than willing to serve our Nation -- as did my father and his two brothers in WW-II, one of whom never came home.

My enlistment in 1956 was motivated by my sense of responsibility and, at that time, confidence that I would never be placed in harm's way for any reason other than defense of our Country. So with that in mind I'd like you to tell us exactly how did the deaths of 58,000 American military personnel serve the interests of this Nation. I will tell you that any simple-minded yokel who is incapable of interpreting the readily available facts and circumstances surrounding Vietnam fiasco, outstandingly including the outrageous Tonkin Gulf deception, and who insists that serving in Vietnam had anything to do with patriotism, is little more than a stupid sonofabitch who didn't deserve to survive that unnecessary carnage.

So, again, tell us how our actions in Vietnam was in any way necessary and beneficial to this Nation.

So, you think that betraying our allies and failing to honor our treaties is in our national interest? Interesting but entirely beside the point. When called you serve or you fail in your duty to your country. No scum lower than a draft dodger.

Informed? Misinformed? Or simply looking for an excuse? What makes an individual think that his relatively uninformed opinion deserves to trump that of those who we elect and have the job of making such determinations? Should the tail wag the dog?

Being a United States citizen carries many benefits. It also carries some responsibilities one of which is being willing to serve our Nation if called to do so. Those who refuse the responsibilities do not deserve the benefits. Draft dodgers should forfeit their citizenship.
By enlisting in the Marine Corps for four years leaves no doubt in any reasoning mind that I was more than willing to serve our Nation -- as did my father and his two brothers in WW-II, one of whom never came home.

My enlistment in 1956 was motivated by my sense of responsibility and, at that time, confidence that I would never be placed in harm's way for any reason other than defense of our Country. So with that in mind I'd like you to tell us exactly how did the deaths of 58,000 American military personnel serve the interests of this Nation. I will tell you that any simple-minded yokel who is incapable of interpreting the readily available facts and circumstances surrounding Vietnam fiasco, outstandingly including the outrageous Tonkin Gulf deception, and who insists that serving in Vietnam had anything to do with patriotism, is little more than a stupid sonofabitch who didn't deserve to survive that unnecessary carnage.

So, again, tell us how our actions in Vietnam was in any way necessary and beneficial to this Nation.

So, you think that betraying our allies and failing to honor our treaties is in our national interest? Interesting but entirely beside the point. When called you serve or you fail in your duty to your country. No scum lower than a draft dodger.
I agree Drumpf is scum. Ali on the other hand told whites they may as well lock him up because there was no way he was fighting for white people.

One shining example of us having better than that was Cassius Clay, aka Muhammad Ali, one of the finest athletes in my recollection and a deservedly proud Black man. He was one of a kind and there never has been anyone, Black or White, who came close to his athletic achievement and his sense of dignity.
He was a loud-mouthed fool who never knew when to stop. Boxing OR talking. Mike Tyson would have eaten him for lunch.
That remains to be seen and I strongly disagree. Ali's style was graceful avoidance of exactly what Tyson depended on -- which is clumsy brute strength. I believe Ali would have tired him out and chopped him down, which is the opinion of every major boxing critic who ever commented on that prospect.
He couldn't have rope-a-doped Tyson, Mike would have landed one big one and it would have been lights out. Like Joe Frazier's punch that knocked him backwards on his ass, except if Tyson tags him like that, he takes a while to wake up.

Are you serious? George Foreman and Earnie Shavers BOTH had higher K.O percentages than Tyson and both had longer careers and faced a better quality of opposition than Tyson ever did.

When Tyson fought a fighter who had no fear, backed him up with the jab then tied him up on the inside, he fell apart....watch the replays of his matches with Buster Douglas and Evander Holyfield and learn something.
We're talking about in their prime, otherwise in Ali vs Berbick, Tyson would have taken them BOTH out.

What?

"Black causes"?

Does that count?

Change the word causes to any substitute word you choose and the formula still applies. You + black (insert word here) = never support.

Just a coincidence

NOt at all.

The black community is deeply committed to modern "liberalism" and I am mostly opposed to that.

That you want to dismiss my ideological differences with modern liberalism as "racism" is normal for a liberal.

Because avoiding serious and honest debate is your primary activity.

You are a race baiting asshole.

One shining example of us having better than that was Cassius Clay, aka Muhammad Ali, one of the finest athletes in my recollection and a deservedly proud Black man. He was one of a kind and there never has been anyone, Black or White, who came close to his athletic achievement and his sense of dignity.
He was a loud-mouthed fool who never knew when to stop. Boxing OR talking. Mike Tyson would have eaten him for lunch.
That remains to be seen and I strongly disagree. Ali's style was graceful avoidance of exactly what Tyson depended on -- which is clumsy brute strength. I believe Ali would have tired him out and chopped him down, which is the opinion of every major boxing critic who ever commented on that prospect.
He couldn't have rope-a-doped Tyson, Mike would have landed one big one and it would have been lights out. Like Joe Frazier's punch that knocked him backwards on his ass, except if Tyson tags him like that, he takes a while to wake up.

Are you serious? George Foreman and Earnie Shavers BOTH had higher K.O percentages than Tyson and both had longer careers and faced a better quality of opposition than Tyson ever did.

When Tyson fought a fighter who had no fear, backed him up with the jab then tied him up on the inside, he fell apart....watch the replays of his matches with Buster Douglas and Evander Holyfield and learn something.
We're talking about in their prime, otherwise in Ali vs Berbick, Tyson would have taken them BOTH out.

Maybe you are slow or just not paying attention. Tyson WAS in his prime when he was demolished by Buster Douglas. Ali was PAST his prime when he beat George Foreman, who was in HIS prime at that time.

Maybe you have never heard the saying "styles make fights"?

Ali's style was Tysons kyptonite.

What?

What? Your denial of the obvious makes me wonder, who are you trying to convince?

a. You don't know what is in the hearts and minds of those who are protesting

b. You seem to believe Trump's spin on the issue; that's sufficient to define you as a fool

c. No one cares what you believe, post proof that what Trump says or tweets is true

d. Why now? Why all of a sudden have very wealthy men put themselves out there to protest?
  • [Trump's race baiting begin well over a year ago, and Session's nomination and the consent of the Senate months ago - so why now. And, BTW, Kap's protest was hardly noticed in 2016]
e. It was the MSM to first notice and report on Kap, it was Trump and the RW which put the spin on it to create the current pother.

f. Only biddable people continue to echo the meme.

Last edited:

What?

"Black causes"?

Does that count?

No. I suggest you try to learn the ABC's before trying to count.

What?

What? Your denial of the obvious makes me wonder, who are you trying to convince?

a. You don't know what is in the hearts and minds of those who are protesting

b. You seem to believe Trump's spin on the issue; that's sufficient to define you as a foo
l
c. No one care what you believe, post proof that what Trump says or tweets is true

d. Why now? Why all of a sudden have very wealthy men put themselves out there to protest?
  • [Trump's race baiting begin well over a year ago, and Session's nomination and the consent of the Senate months ago - so why now. And, BTW, Kap's protest was hardly noticed in 2016]
e. If was the MSM to first notice and report on Kap, it was Trump and the RW which put the spin on it to create the current pother.

f. Only biddable people continue to echo the meme.

When people stand for the National Anthem they are showing respect to the Flag and the nation for which is stands.

This is very clear non verbal communication.

By actively KNEELING instead of standing, the players are clearly doing the OPPOSITE of those standing. Thus their message is obviously the OPPOSITE.

And if there was any doubt, and there isn't, Kaerpernick verbally clarified that long ago.

THe people who are race baiting on this issue are those who are dismissing the objections of American patriots with false and vile accusations of racism.

I personally don't care what Trump specifically said about this. An American kneels for the Nation Anthem? I can understand his message just fine without help.

And return it in the same spirit.

What?

"Black causes"?

Does that count?

Why does it not count?

I've been consist for a long time that I do not accept the higher crime rate in the black community as normal and want serious policies to aggressively reduce it.

Your silliness about my intelligence is noted and dismissed.

Today there is no draft (unfortunately), so nobody is sending Blacks (or Whites) off to war.

There is no draft but people volunteering for military service usually do so because of limited options in civilian life. Economic and educational incentives drive many to join hoping to prepare themselves for a better life in the future once their service ends. So, the prospect of fighting and dying for American interests around the world weighs heaviest on the poor and lower middle classes.

And when there was a draft the percentage of Whites who were "sent off" far exceeded the percentage of Blacks.

I have long suspected the draft was ended because of that very reason: too many affluent whites were forced to fight for their country.
Now Blacks are overrepresented in the military. And poor to lower middle class whites are too.

Regarding your comments about "2nd class bozos" and willful street executions, there might be some level of justification for those observations but certainly not nearly as serious as your statement implies.

Look...lets not pretend that America is some racial Shangri-La where bigotry and racial bias has disappeared. Numerous studies have verified what Blacks have suspected and or have been experiencing all along. And cell phone videos of cops killing unarmed Blacks has brought the graphic details right into our living rooms all too frequently. But our sense of justice is really shaken when one after another killer cops are set free. Even after some brave prosecutor takes them to trial al it takes is one bigoted juror or judge to ignore the evidence and officer "friendly" is off the hook.

Thoughtful and thought provoking ^^^ post. Sadly it will be ignored by the Trump supporters [Yes Virginia, racism exists in America].

What?

"Black causes"?

Does that count?

Why does it not count?

I've been consist for a long time that I do not accept the higher crime rate in the black community as normal and want serious policies to aggressively reduce it.

Your silliness about my intelligence is noted and dismissed.

Why are black men more prone to be incarcerated than white men? You have a simple answer to a very complex issue. That was and remains my point.

Forum List

Back