The Dilemma Black Athletes Find Themselves In

Your assessment seems logical but there is a dearth of information on the employment status of arrestees. I'm wondering if you are assuming black arrestees are usually unemployed or do you have something to back that premise?
There is no shortage of that information.

My reference is the New York State judicial system wherein a Probation Report is prepared (if not existing) and submitted for every convicted criminal defendant prior to sentencing. This report includes such information as verified employment status (if available). This information is provided to aid the sentencing judge's action.
Your revelations have raised more questions.
Is that report available to the general public?
And secondly...is that type of judicial report unique to the state of New York or is it typical of all states? Your original premise suggests
you believe the NY standard is universally applicable to all states.

[...]

In my first year as a deputy the laws on the possession of MJ were putting young, white college and University students in custody with "real criminals". No one cared until the sons and daughters of the affluent begin serving sentences with those they considered beneath them.

[...]
One very common, and wholly justifiable, reason why a White non-violent offender might receive probation rather than a prison sentence is quite simply the stark difference in the prison experience for a White compared with that of a Black inmate. Because Black inmates dominate the average prison cellblock or dormitory, in the majority of examples a White inmate will be subjected to everything from extortion and casual brutality to homosexual rape. Most (White) judges are aware of this and wherever possible will seek to justify imposing sentence alternatives for eligible White offenders.
What a crock! What you are suggesting here is an egregious form of discrimination. Rape and extortion can and does happen to blacks in prison too. Are there no concerns for those victims? And furthermore, if prison or jail time was equally distributed for similar crimes regardless of race, more whites than blacks would be incarcerated.

What a crock! What you are suggesting here is an egregious form of discrimination. Rape and extortion can and does happen to blacks in prison too.
I'm sure it does. But that's comparable to saying there are Whites, called wiggers, who like rap and walk around in hoodies with their pants falling down. There are some -- but not a hell of a lot.

And furthermore, if prison or jail time was equally distributed for similar crimes regardless of race, more whites than blacks would be incarcerated.
Like what crimes, for example? Like petty drug offenses, which account for a substantial percentage of the national prison census? In this very common example most of the Blacks are unemployed dealers while most of the Whites are employed buyers. The criminal courts, and the laws, regard selling (distributing) and buying (possession) differently.

And please don't ignore the fact that Blacks are far more inclined to violent offenses, which accounts for a major percentage of confined Blacks.

It would be available if the proper application is filed.

And secondly...is that type of judicial report unique to the state of New York or is it typical of all states?
I don't know. But it shouldn't be too hard to research.

Your original premise suggests you believe the NY standard is universally applicable to all states.
It does? Sorry about that. I didn't intend it to. But I will suggest that it makes sense that some form of the Probation Report will be available to a sentencing judge -- who might be considering probation rather than prison. Wouldn't you agree?

What a crock! What you are suggesting here is an egregious form of discrimination. Rape and extortion can and does happen to blacks in prison too.
I'm sure it does. But that's comparable to saying there are Whites, called wiggers, who like rap and walk around in hoodies with their pants falling down. There are some -- but not a hell of a lot.

And furthermore, if prison or jail time was equally distributed for similar crimes regardless of race, more whites than blacks would be incarcerated.
Like what crimes, for example? Like petty drug offenses, which account for a substantial percentage of the national prison census? In this very common example most of the Blacks are unemployed dealers while most of the Whites are employed buyers. The criminal courts, and the laws, regard selling (distributing) and buying (possession) differently.

And please don't ignore the fact that Blacks are far more inclined to violent offenses, which accounts for a major percentage of confined Blacks.
You said:

"I'm sure it does. But that's comparable to saying there are Whites, called wiggers, who like rap and walk around in hoodies with their pants falling down. There are some -- but not a hell of a lot.

My response;
Thats a false equivalency...mainly because you have no idea how many blacks are victims of rape in prison. If you didn't know...there are plenty of white prison gangs too. They also rape each other and protect their "bitches."
I was midly suprised by your naivete but when you suggested that blacks are far more inclined to violence than whites, i had to stop, sigh and roll my eyes skywatd. Im not sure that's what table 3 of the UCR is suggesting. You might want to review table 55a of the UCR which throws light on non Hispanic. white male violence in metro counties..Keep in mind that non Hispanic white males are only 31% of the population...that reality removes that per capita shield which includes white women that white males have been hiding behind to reduce the proportional impact of their crimes.
Screenshot_2017-09-18-00-04-32_1505715278725_1509395294134.jpg

It would be available if the proper application is filed.

And secondly...is that type of judicial report unique to the state of New York or is it typical of all states?
I don't know. But it shouldn't be too hard to research.

Your original premise suggests you believe the NY standard is universally applicable to all states.
It does? Sorry about that. I didn't intend it to. But I will suggest that it makes sense that some form of the Probation Report will be available to a sentencing judge -- who might be considering probation rather than prison. Wouldn't you agree?
So it is now clear that you make blanket statements without validation. But i l guess half or partial truths precludes your narritives being labeled as sophistry.

So it is now clear that you make blanket statements without validation. But i l guess half or partial truths precludes your narritives being labeled as sophistry.
The following is excerpted from the same UCR you're attempting to support your plainly specious argument with:

Inaccuracy: UCR statistics do not represent the actual amount of criminal activity occurring in the United States. As it relies upon local law enforcement agency crime reports, the UCR program can only measure crime known to police and cannot provide an accurate representation of actual crime rates.[7]

In the way of reported crime, can you suggest any example of White crime which compares with the rate of homicide common to that in Chicago's Black ghettos? You cannot -- but I'm sure you'll try.

More relevant to the kind of crime I've referenced is the rarely reported Black on White violence which is increasingly common and is plainly shown in this video:

The foregoing is intended for the enlightenment of those Whites and Blacks who are capable of objectively assessing obvious facts.

In a face-to-face discussion you would by now be on the verge of bug-eyed, arm-waving, frustrated rage -- which I have no intention of dealing with. You will continue to insist that White-on-Black violence is equal to the opposite of that, so go ahead. Knock yourself out.

Wrong.

The following is excerpted from the same UCR you're attempting to support your plainly specious argument with:

Inaccuracy: UCR statistics do not represent the actual amount of criminal activity occurring in the United States. As it relies upon local law enforcement agency crime reports, the UCR program can only measure crime known to police and cannot provide an accurate representation of actual crime rates.[7]

In the way of reported crime, can you suggest any example of White crime which compares with the rate of homicide common to that in Chicago's Black ghettos? You cannot -- but I'm sure you'll try.

More relevant to the kind of crime I've referenced is the rarely reported Black on White violence which is increasingly common and is plainly shown in this video:

The foregoing is intended for the enlightenment of those Whites and Blacks who are capable of objectively assessing obvious facts.

In a face-to-face discussion you would by now be on the verge of bug-eyed, arm-waving, frustrated rage -- which I have no intention of dealing with. You will continue to insist that White-on-Black violence is equal to the opposite of that, so go ahead. Knock yourself out.

And I guess we can't find a video that shows the opposite. It is amazing how some whites consistently lie to themselves.

And I guess we can't find a video that shows the opposite. It is amazing how some whites consistently lie to themselves.
Why can't you find a comparable video? Would you like to see some more?

Here's one you might like:

One more:

Your turn.

Changing the narrative won't help you here. You attempted to use New York data to support a national premise that blacks were mostly unemployed drug dealers and I caught you. That big assumption borders on lying and by trying to shift the focus away from that embarrassment. Here is the exchange again:

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 1.23.36 AM.png

There is nothing in that exchange that should lead to a discussion on the UCR and your attempt at suggesting that my argument centered on proportional statistics is disingenuous.

Last edited:
Why can't you find a comparable video? Would you like to see some more?

Here's one you might like:

One more:

Your turn.

For all we know those videos could have been staged to support some nefarious RW White male agenda. Also consider this: White villains have been known to accuse Blacks of heinous crimes they themselves committed,

Allow me to introduce Susan Smith and Charles Stuart:

These two killers claimed Black men killed victims they themselves killed. Smith killed her two your preadolescent boys by strapping them in a car and driving it into a lake. She of course got out of the car safely. Stuart shot and killed his pregnant wife and unborn child. Both claimed Black men were the perpetrators
and inflamed racial strife al across America. Although investigators finally uncovered evidence to identify these murderers, I wonder just how many innocent Black men have been wrongly accused and convicted of interracial murders or other crimes they did not commit. NOTE: I would also like to draw attention to the fact that as far as I know, no Black murderer has ever accused a White person of doing the deed. However, I do recall one incident where Tawana Brawley falsely accused white men of raping her. But she didn't accuse any one of murder. And far more white women have done the same thing in the past...often fueling deadly race riots in the process.

It really is a shame how so many have been brought up to be consumed by their skin color.

People deserve better than that.
One shining example of us having better than that was Cassius Clay, aka Muhammad Ali, one of the finest athletes in my recollection and a deservedly proud Black man. He was one of a kind and there never has been anyone, Black or White, who came close to his athletic achievement and his sense of dignity.

But then the guy didn't go into the military. In the present climate he'd have been chastised as much as the NFL kneelers.

It really is a shame how so many have been brought up to be consumed by their skin color.

One shining example of us having better than that was Cassius Clay, aka Muhammad Ali, one of the finest athletes in my recollection and a deservedly proud Black man. He was one of a kind and there never has been anyone, Black or White, who came close to his athletic achievement and his sense of dignity.

But then the guy didn't go into the military. In the present climate he'd have been chastised as much as the NFL kneelers.
Ali WAS chastised. What else would you call being stripped of your heavyweight title and restricted from even traveling abroad to fight.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Ali WAS chastised. What else would you call being stripped of your heavyweight title and restricted from even traveling abroad to fight.
You call him a draft dodger. Regardless of his reasons, he refused to serve his country.

I just heard what the inbred recessive McNair said in the NFL meeting about "inmates running the prison". Now some Black athletes have what I consider personal decisions to make. I wont look down on them if they continue to play but I will have mad respect for those that do walk away from this racist NFL owner. It made me think of a movie I saw a while ago with Cube in it. He has several scenes that sum up the different circumstances Blacks find themselves in regarding a choice between personal achievement and demanding racial respect.

The only problem black pro athletes have is what to do with all of their money.

Black athletes should thank their lucky stars that white people invented all these games for them to play.

Forum List

Back