Zone1 The Double Standard

OP needs to ante-up and kick-in like a man......The white man paid his dues in blood and that is all the negros are owed. The rest is on them.

That was one of my favorite scenes from “Glory.” The difference between the Denzel Washington character and IM2 is that Denzel’s anger is understandable - he has the scars on his back to prove it, abused as a slave.

But IM2? Odds are he was accepted into his college BECAUSE he was black, and won out on jobs and promotions for the same reason. Yet to hear him whine and wail, you’d think he had been a slave and whipped by the white man.

Since Jim Crow came after slavery and today modern white AMERICAN racism takes several forms, talking about slavery elsewhere is the only note you can play. There are white slaves in Europe right now Chester, so how about we talk about AMERICAN RACISM, which is the topic.
It’s in your bought and paid for “mind”.

Wrong. I'm black. I know what's happened. I don't need some idiot right winger to whitesplain what has happened.

In 1959, poverty for blacks was 55.1 percent. For whites, it was 18.1. This was before LBJ.

In 2021, 19.5 percent of Black people living in the United States were living below the poverty line.

So you need to quit repeating that silly right wing junk.

On February 26, 2018, fifty years after the Kerner Commission findings, the Economic Policy Institute published a report evaluating the progress of the black community since the Kerner Report was released. The study compared the improvement in black communities in 2018 with the black community at the time of the Kerner Commission. Titled “50 Years After the Kerner Commission,” the study concluded that there had been some improvements in the situation blacks faced, but blacks still faced disadvantages based on race.

Following up on this, Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute wrote an op-ed published in the February 28, 2018 edition of the New York Daily News titled, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress.” After studying the Kerner Report, Rothstein stated: “So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality.”

There is a reason for this:

“In short, a large number of white Americans have become comfortable with as much racial inequality and segregation as a putatively nondiscriminatory polity and free market economy can produce. Hence, the reproduction and, on some dimensions, the worsening of racial inequalities. These circumstances are rendered culturally palatable by the new ideology of Laissez Faire Racism.”
-Lawrence Bobo, James R. Kluegel, Ryan A. Smith - LAISSEZ FAIRE RACISM: The Crystallization of a ‘Kinder, Gentler’ Anti-Black Ideology

“Laissez-Faire Racism involves persistent negative stereotyping of African Americans, a tendency to blame blacks themselves for the black-white gap in socioeconomic standing, and resistance to meaningful policy efforts to ameliorate America’s racist social conditions and institutions.”

In 1959, poverty for blacks was 55.1 percent. For whites, it was 18.1. This was before LBJ.

Post your evidence.

There are 47 million blacks. We are 13 percent of the population and have 2 percent of the wealth. You per capita punks can't mention that. So stop thinking that 1-2 blacks means racism isn't a problem.

We are 13 percent of the population and have 2 percent of the wealth.

What percent of the illiterate are you?
What percent of the high school graduates are you?
What percent of the college graduates are you?
What percent of the unwed mothers are you?
What percent of the prison population are you?

Critical White Supremacy Theory
:eusa_think:

That is, indeed, an interesting term, I have never heard before.

Give me an example of this, that is being taught in any school or institution today.

. . . or indeed, propagated in the media.

:eusa_think:

That is, indeed, an interesting term, I have never heard before.

Give me an example of this, that is being taught in any school or institution today.

. . . or indeed, propagated in the media.
Everything you learned in school from K-12th grade at minimum.

Everything you learned in school from K-12th grade at minimum.
7oy1qm.gif

We are 13 percent of the population and have 2 percent of the wealth.

In 2017, Demos published a study titled, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.” On page ten, this statement is written: “The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.”

“Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees, black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanic white workers with the same, or often less, education.” -
Roy Eduardo Kokoyachuk, ThinkNow Research

Now shut up.

Post your evidence.
Why should I? Your claim was right wing garbage. You have no evidence to support your claim. So why should I post anything when what you said was not true? Just because your white --- doesn't believe something doesn't mean it is not so.

U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, 1960 to 2021 AnnualSocial and Economic Supplements (CPS ASEC). Table 2. Poverty Status of People by Family Relationship, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 1959 to 2020, http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/ poverty/data/historical/people.html

Now SHUT THE HELL UP!

“In 1965, Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s report, The Negro Family: The Case for National Action, attributed racial inequality as well as poverty and crime in the black community to family structure, particularly the prevalence of families headed by single mothers. Not only did research at the time cast doubt on this causality, but evidence over the last the 50 years demonstrates that rates of child poverty, educational attainment, and crime do not track rates of single parenthood. Thus, even though the share of children living with a single mother rose for all racial and ethnic groups through the mid-1990s and has remained high since then, school completion and youth arrests for violent crimes have declined significantly, while poverty rates have fluctuated according to economic conditions. Family structure does not drive racial inequity, and racial inequity persists regardless of family structure.”
-Amy Traub, Laura Sullivan, Tatjana Meschede and Thomas Shapiro, DEMOS, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.”

In 2017, Demos published a study titled, “The Asset Value of Whiteness: Understanding the Racial Wealth Gap.” On page ten, this statement is written: “The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.”

“Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees, black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanic white workers with the same, or often less, education.” -
Roy Eduardo Kokoyachuk, ThinkNow Research

Now shut up.

“The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.”

The median white single parent is divorced, better educated and older than the median black couple.

“Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees, black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanic white workers with the same, or often less, education.”

Blacks and Hispanics need to get better degrees.

1686450671572.png

I laughed at your silly "studies" when you originally posted them.

Answer before you run away.....for once.

Last edited:
Why should I? Your claim was right wing garbage. You have no evidence to support your claim. So why should I post anything when what you said was not true? Just because your white --- doesn't believe something doesn't mean it is not so.

U.S. Census Bureau, Current Population Survey, 1960 to 2021 AnnualSocial and Economic Supplements (CPS ASEC). Table 2. Poverty Status of People by Family Relationship, Race, and Hispanic Origin: 1959 to 2020, http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/ poverty/data/historical/people.html

Now SHUT THE HELL UP!

Why should I?

To prove your claim. For once.

Blacks were improving, until LBJ put them back on the plantation with the New Society.
Now look at them. Nothing but failing dem dupes.

Wrong. I'm black. I know what's happened. I don't need some idiot right winger to whitesplain what has happened.

In 2021, 19.5 percent of Black people living in the United States were living below the poverty line.

So you need to quit repeating that silly right wing junk.

On February 26, 2018, fifty years after the Kerner Commission findings, the Economic Policy Institute published a report evaluating the progress of the black community since the Kerner Report was released. The study compared the improvement in black communities in 2018 with the black community at the time of the Kerner Commission. Titled “50 Years After the Kerner Commission,” the study concluded that there had been some improvements in the situation blacks faced, but blacks still faced disadvantages based on race.

Following up on this, Richard Rothstein of the Economic Policy Institute wrote an op-ed published in the February 28, 2018 edition of the New York Daily News titled, “50 years after the Kerner Commission, minimal racial progress.” After studying the Kerner Report, Rothstein stated: “So little has changed since 1968 that the report remains worth reading as a near-contemporary description of racial inequality.”

There is a reason for this:

“In short, a large number of white Americans have become comfortable with as much racial inequality and segregation as a putatively nondiscriminatory polity and free market economy can produce. Hence, the reproduction and, on some dimensions, the worsening of racial inequalities. These circumstances are rendered culturally palatable by the new ideology of Laissez Faire Racism.”
-Lawrence Bobo, James R. Kluegel, Ryan A. Smith - LAISSEZ FAIRE RACISM: The Crystallization of a ‘Kinder, Gentler’ Anti-Black Ideology

“Laissez-Faire Racism involves persistent negative stereotyping of African Americans, a tendency to blame blacks themselves for the black-white gap in socioeconomic standing, and resistance to meaningful policy efforts to ameliorate America’s racist social conditions and institutions.”
You just torpedoed your own argument. “in 1959 55.1% of blacks were below the poverty line, in 2021, 19.5% were below the poverty line. In seventy years, black poverty dropped from 55.1% to 19.5% despite the numbers of blacks climbing. That a very serious reduction especially when you consider twenty-first century poverty would be middle class by 1950s standards.

“The median white single parent has 2.2 times more wealth than the median black two-parent household and 1.9 times more wealth than the median Latino two-parent household.”

The median white single parent is divorced, better educated and older than the median black couple.

“Even after completing undergraduate and graduate degrees, black and Hispanic workers earned less than non-Hispanic white workers with the same, or often less, education.”

Blacks and Hispanics need to get better degrees.

View attachment 793879

I laughed at your silly "studies" when you originally posted them.

Answer before you run away.....for once.
Again, everything you say is wrong. You were shown that even if blacks and hispanics earn STEM degrees they make less than whites/Asians.

So blacks and hispanics don't have to do anything you suggest.

Your questions were answered. And then there is this.

African Americans are paid less than whites at every education level​

While the economy continues to improve and wages are finally beginning to inch up for most Americans, African Americans are still being paid less than whites at every education level. As you can see from the chart below, while a college education results in higher wages—both for whites and blacks—it does not eliminate the black-white wage gap. African Americans are still earning less than whites at every level of educational attainment.

1686456463010.png

Average White high school dropout earns more than Black college grad​

A comprehensive study completed by researchers at the New School titled “Umbrellas Don’t Make it Rain: Why Studying and Working Hard Isn’t Enough for Black Americans” is debunking the myth that “classism is the new racism.”

The research comes to a shocking conclusion for many African Americans and others of color: the average white high school drop out earns more than the average Black college graduate.

Stop looking for excuses moron.

1686456888307.png

Your post validated my argument idiot.

Why should I?

To prove your claim. For once.

Blacks were improving, until LBJ put them back on the plantation with the New Society.
Now look at them. Nothing but failing dem dupes.
I proved my claim. You have not proven yours. You can't prove yours because what you claim is not so. I'm black white ---. I know how things were for blacks before LBJ and things were not what you dumb ass racists say they were. Nor were they as the sellouts and Uncle Toms you read tell you. If things had been so great there would have been no need for the Civil Rights Movement. Furthermore the Great Society Programs primarily benefitted whites.

Idiot.

Last edited:
We must understand how complete the madness is. There are whites promoting the belief that teaching whites to stop being racists creates more white supremacists. This belief is promoted by so-called alt-right “intellectuals” and self-declared “conservatives.” They cite articles written and classes taught by anti-racists as the cause. In the May 23rd, 2016, online edition of The Federalist, an article titled, “How Anti-White Rhetoric Is Fueling White Nationalism” was written by David Marcus.

If Anti racist rhetoric is turning whites into racists, what about the effects of never ending 400 years of white racism on people of color?

:th_smiley_emoticons_gaehn:

African Americans are paid less than whites at every education level​

While the economy continues to improve and wages are finally beginning to inch up for most Americans, African Americans are still being paid less than whites at every education level. As you can see from the chart below, while a college education results in higher wages—both for whites and blacks—it does not eliminate the black-white wage gap. African Americans are still earning less than whites at every level of educational attainment.

If their degrees aren't as rigorous, of course they're paid less.

Forum List

Back