The downside of carrying a firearm...

Well, I know what "automatic" means, asshole.

Are you aware that automatic weapons are, essentially, illegal in the United States?

Like I said, the fact that you are pathetically ignorant does not mean I am.

So we're moving from "can do" to "illegal"...

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

You're such a toy.

Did you know that most of the weapons that Charles Whitmore, the tower shooter you referenced earlier, were bolt action?

In other words, it is pretty easy to kill large numbers of people even without semi automatic weapons.

They stab each other to death in the gun-free societies.

As a mass stabbing as well. or find the other way to cause massive damage.

if the steam pressure is generated - the valve might have a different shape and construction, but it still would be found and yanked off one way or the other.

True. If we had a sword-fetish society, we'd have sword murders and occasional mass swordings.

The unfortunate difference is, you can't sit in a tower, or in an upper floor of a mall, or in the trunk of a car, and sword people.

For that matter, you couldn't mass-assault a roomful of Amish girls with the firearm technology of the 18th century either.

Obviously your knowledge of history and weapons sucks.

The unfortunate difference is, you can't sit in a tower, or in an upper floor of a mall, or in the trunk of a car, and sword people.

But arrows, crossbow bolts, or bullets from bow or sling have been doing the job quite nicely for most of recorded history.

For that matter, you couldn't mass-assault a roomful of Amish girls with the firearm technology of the 18th century either

Of course you could. You never heard of fowling pieces, shotguns, muskets, multi-barreled weapons or cannons?
Never read about the Aztecs, Incas, or American Indians in the 15th and 16th centuries?

Pogo, I think you missed this.

Are you aware that automatic weapons are, essentially, illegal in the United States?

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

You're such a toy.

Did you know that most of the weapons that Charles Whitmore, the tower shooter you referenced earlier, were bolt action?

In other words, it is pretty easy to kill large numbers of people even without semi automatic weapons.

The action is irrelevant. The point, which has been muddled, is that you can't do a Charles Whitman or a John Muhammad or (fill in the rest) with a sword. Firearms are in a class by themselves.

True. If we had a sword-fetish society, we'd have sword murders and occasional mass swordings.

For that matter, you couldn't mass-assault a roomful of Amish girls with the firearm technology of the 18th century either.

But arrows, crossbow bolts, or bullets from bow or sling have been doing the job quite nicely for most of recorded history.

For that matter, you couldn't mass-assault a roomful of Amish girls with the firearm technology of the 18th century either

Of course you could. You never heard of fowling pieces, shotguns, muskets, multi-barreled weapons or cannons?
Never read about the Aztecs, Incas, or American Indians in the 15th and 16th centuries?

No, what you're leaving out is the action of the victims... i.e. in the time it takes the 18th century musketeer to load and reload, the Amish girls or the Newtown kids have plenty of time to scatter. The bottom line is that at the time the Constitution was written, Sandy Hook was inconceivable.

No, what you're leaving out is the action of the victims... i.e. in the time it takes the 18th century musketeer to load and reload, the Amish girls or the Newtown kids have plenty of time to scatter. The bottom line is that at the time the Constitution was written, Sandy Hook was inconceivable.

actually the first machine gun was made like 60 years before the constitution and a decade before the 2nd amendment the same founding fathers had placed an order for a developmental weapon that used a large capacity magazine and was capable of firing at the same rate as modern day AR 15

Wrong. You aren't reading. As noted: fowling pieces, shotguns, muskets, multi-barreled weapons or cannons? don't have to be reloaded to put multiple shots or a massive amount of projectiles in the air. "Punt" guns were being used to kill whole flocks of ducks with a single shot. You are clearly wrong and just unwilling to admit it.

Last edited:

Moving-The-Goalposts.jpg

You're such a toy.

Wasn't it a .30-06?

The left needs to get over the fear of guns. The chances of one of you getting hurt in a movie theatre, or in any place where people congregate is extremely low.

Do you feel lucky?

We have three times the murder rate of any other industrialized nation

I feel fine.
Are you afraid to go places in fear that someone might whip out a gun and shoot you ?

The left needs to get over the fear of guns. The chances of one of you getting hurt in a movie theatre, or in any place where people congregate is extremely low.

Do you feel lucky?

I feel fine.
Are you afraid to go places in fear that someone might whip out a gun and shoot you ?

I sure as hell was in New Orleans...especially on New Years's eve, when the whole damned city goes out and fiires their weapons into the sky at midnight.

Anyone crossing from the French Quarter to the other side of Rampart Street, is on a suicide mission, day or night.

Last edited:

Do you feel lucky?

I feel fine.

Does having a fire extinguisher indicate you live in fear of fire?

Do you feel lucky?

I feel fine.

I sure as hell was in New Orleans...especially on New Years's eve, when the whole damned city goes out and fiires their weapons into the sky at midnight.

Anyone crossing from the French Quarter to the other side of Rampart Street, is on a suicide mission, day or night.

So then people are dropping like flies on New Years eve every year in New Orleans.
Sorry about that, I've missed the stories.

The 2nd Amendment issue has been upheld by the supreme court but here we go again. To paraphrase a high profile democrat politician, "never let a tragedy go to waste if you can turn it into a political rant".

I feel fine.

So then people are dropping like flies on New Years eve every year in New Orleans.

Somehow, that does not surprise me....

United States[edit]
July 4, 2013: A 7-year old boy, Brendon Mackey, was struck in the top of his head and killed while walking with his father shortly before 9 p.m. amid a large crowd prior to the fireworks display over the Swift Creek Reservoir. [21]
July 4, 2012: A 34-year woman, Michelle Packard, was struck in the head and killed while watching the fireworks with her family. The police believe the shot could have come from a mile away.[22]
January 1, 2010: A four-year-old boy, Marquel Peters, was struck by a bullet and killed inside his church The Church of God of Prophecy in Decatur, GA. It is presumed the bullet may have penetrated the roof of the church around 12:20AM.[23]
December 28, 2005: A 23-year-old U.S. Army private on leave after basic training fired a 9mm pistol into the air in celebration with friends, according to police, and one of the bullets came through a fifth-floor apartment window in the New York City borough of Queens, striking a 28-year-old mother of two in the eye. Her husband found her lifeless body moments later. The shooter had been drinking the night before and turned himself in to police the next morning when he heard the news. He was charged with second-degree manslaughter and weapons-related crimes,[24][25] and was later found guilty and sentenced to four to 12 years in prison.[26]
June 14, 1999: Arizona, A fourteen year-old girl, Shannon Smith, was struck on the top of her head by a bullet and killed while in the backyard of her home. [27] This incident resulted in Arizona enacting "Shannon's Law" in 2000, that made the discharge of a firearm into the air illegal[28]
December 31, 1994: Amy Silberman, a tourist from Boston, was killed by a falling bullet from celebratory firing while walking on the Riverwalk in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana. The Police Department there has been striving to educate the public on the danger since then, frequently making arrests for firing into the air.[29][dead link]

BTW, Louis Armstrong was arrested and put into an orphanage in New Orleans for doing the same thing when he was 7. that is where he learned to play the coronet.

Wiki

Last edited:

Somehow, that does not surprise me....

United States[edit]
July 4, 2013: A 7-year old boy, Brendon Mackey, was struck in the top of his head and killed while walking with his father shortly before 9 p.m. amid a large crowd prior to the fireworks display over the Swift Creek Reservoir. [21]
July 4, 2012: A 34-year woman, Michelle Packard, was struck in the head and killed while watching the fireworks with her family. The police believe the shot could have come from a mile away.[22]
January 1, 2010: A four-year-old boy, Marquel Peters, was struck by a bullet and killed inside his church The Church of God of Prophecy in Decatur, GA. It is presumed the bullet may have penetrated the roof of the church around 12:20AM.[23]
December 28, 2005: A 23-year-old U.S. Army private on leave after basic training fired a 9mm pistol into the air in celebration with friends, according to police, and one of the bullets came through a fifth-floor apartment window in the New York City borough of Queens, striking a 28-year-old mother of two in the eye. Her husband found her lifeless body moments later. The shooter had been drinking the night before and turned himself in to police the next morning when he heard the news. He was charged with second-degree manslaughter and weapons-related crimes,[24][25] and was later found guilty and sentenced to four to 12 years in prison.[26]
June 14, 1999: Arizona, A fourteen year-old girl, Shannon Smith, was struck on the top of her head by a bullet and killed while in the backyard of her home. [27] This incident resulted in Arizona enacting "Shannon's Law" in 2000, that made the discharge of a firearm into the air illegal[28]
December 31, 1994: Amy Silberman, a tourist from Boston, was killed by a falling bullet from celebratory firing while walking on the Riverwalk in the French Quarter of New Orleans, Louisiana. The Police Department there has been striving to educate the public on the danger since then, frequently making arrests for firing into the air.[29][dead link]

Wiki

I remember Amy Silberman, when that happened.

So what does it take to think of that -- to fire a gun into the air, at nothing? It takes a gun-obsessed culture. What a weird thing to do.

The last time someone was killed by celebratory fire on New Years Eve in New Orleans was in 1994 ... Amy Silberman, a tourist from Boston.

I still don't go to New Orleans without a firearm ... Even if I am eating dinner at Dickey Brennan's I am packing.
Of course some people get searched before they go into clubs and bars ... I guess I don't get searched because I just don't look dangerous and don't start trouble.

"The last time someone was killed by celebratory fire on New Years Eve in New Orleans was in 1994 ... Amy Silberman, a tourist from Boston."

You are going to minimalize this, because it does not happen every year?

Ok.

And good luck with your firearm in New Orleans. The average inner city 16 year old kid is not only faster than you, but outguns you, as well.

Last edited:

The last time someone was killed by celebratory fire on New Years Eve in New Orleans was in 1994 ... Amy Silberman, a tourist from Boston.

I still don't go to New Orleans without a firearm ... Even if I am eating dinner at Dickey Brennan's I am packing.
Of course some people get searched before they go into clubs and bars ... I guess I don't get searched because I just don't look dangerous and don't start trouble.

But we here know better. ;)

I tell ya what, if I see you there I'll alert them. Maybe I'll volunteer to search you :D

That amazed me when I moved there, people walking around packing as if it were an umbrella. People go to work packing heat. Weird. I'm glad not to live among that kind of scene any more.

Forum List

Back