The downside of carrying a firearm...

And that proves me right, doesn't it?
Hardly! It was an armed assault on the clerk at a gun shop. The favored example of gun lovers. The presence of guns escalates the chances of gun violence.

If that was true you would be able to post hundreds of stories, yet all you have is one of a guy getting shot in a gun store that he operated out of his own home.

What was that again? It was private home in rural Pennsylvania, not a gun store in a big city, or a gun show? And the guy was pretending to be a cop investigating an illegal lottery, and extorting the owner of the store that he operated out of his house?

Damn, I guess you win after all.

The gun control crowd is by definition, unintelligent.

True. The obvious downside is you don't know how to use it.

No, I own a gun. But I'm too responsible to carry it around and make it available to any idiot who sees it. It's at home, unloaded and locked in a safe. I know responsibility.

Yes just let me unlock my safe, retrieve my ammo, load my gun, charge my weapon and take action.

What's that honey ? Hurry they're raping you.

Just being responsible dear

personally i am glad he knows his limits

he says right out that a bad guy would simply disarm him anyhow

It was also interesting when the dispatcher told the woman on the phone that more people were choosing to open carry as a result of Sandy Hook

yeah i found that curious as well

i knew sales skyrocketed after Sandy Hook but was unaware that open carry increased

maybe it is related to what the kid said to the cop when the cop asked him why

he was open carrying

he said because he is trying to get a CC permit but the process is slow

maybe the state is dragging its feet on a lot of permit apps

and this is why they are seeing much more open carry

Well ... We don't know for sure if that is the result of any kind of study.
Perhaps the dispatcher was trying to put the caller at ease in reference to encountering someone with a holstered firearm in a open carry situation.
Maybe more instances of people calling the police regarding open carry after Sandy Hook would result in someone thinking it was a greater occurrence as far as the act of open carry.

It is hard to say what the actual case is ... We can only speculate, which is why I thought it was interesting.
I don't know what it is like elsewhere ... But open carry is not uncommon outside of urban around here.
I mean not everyone is packing around a firearm ... But enough to make it less than highly unusual.

If you are going to the woods, getting out on the bayou or messing around on the back 40 ... There is a chance you may need to take care of a shag-nasty critter that has no desire whatsoever to debate.

Last edited:
It doesn't matter if you used satire when you made your counterpoint ... And intention is irrelevant to definition in that case.

The only "counterpoint" was that the strawman argument is absurd. But that's always the point of satire.

Had I actually intended to float the proposition that "guns don't kill people, bullets kill people" as if it could be a productive argument, that would have been a counterpoint. It wasn't.

You are going to have to try harder.
Counterpoint doesn't refer to your intentions and you achieved the criteria to meet the definition ... Just more argumentative bullshit "like" I mentioned in the post your are still talking about.

I only "achieved" that by virtue of your misinference. That's your action --not mine. :D

And yes, as the writer of the post my intention is crucial. Who else's intention matters?

True. The obvious downside is you don't know how to use it.

No, I own a gun. But I'm too responsible to carry it around and make it available to any idiot who sees it. It's at home, unloaded and locked in a safe. I know responsibility.

Yes just let me unlock my safe, retrieve my ammo, load my gun, charge my weapon and take action.

Are you mocking my responsibility? Do you think I should act less responsibly?

And why should I listen to you?

That's precisely what I want to know. Does he have a history of violence? We're talking about Tampa Florida here. Not considered the Athens of the Fulf Coast. How could someone capable of such bad decision making be trusted as a police officer?

Does he have a history of violence

apparently not according to neighbors

the police report he says he was hit in the face

this is why they have trials

Ex-cop arrested in fatal theater shooting 'nice guy,' neighbor says - CNN.com

He was hit in the face with a bag of popcorn.
Oh! Obviously justifiable homocide! Who could blame him for gunning down someone armed with a handful of popcorn!

What kind. Of thinking includes: I'm off to the movies! Better take my gun!

Yes I am mocking your misplaced over-responsibility.

When you NEED a gun you NEED it now.

You can be responsible and protect yours with a gun.

Do not listen to me. Do not listen to anyone. Rest assured that you know everything.

Last edited:
Does he have a history of violence

apparently not according to neighbors

the police report he says he was hit in the face

this is why they have trials

Ex-cop arrested in fatal theater shooting 'nice guy,' neighbor says - CNN.com

He was hit in the face with a bag of popcorn.
Oh! Obviously justifiable homocide! Who could blame him for gunning down someone armed with a handful of popcorn!

we dont know the facts yet

he also said he feared for his life

there is no law against it

but in your case it is best you leave it home

Answer: "paranoid". The same as that nutjob 2ndAmendment who actually took to this forum to whine that his bank won't let him in there armed.

Yeah, you read that right -- a bank. :cuckoo:

Do not listen to me. Do not listen to anyone. Rest assured that you know everything.
I do not respect anyone calling for less responsibility when owning and storing a gun in the home. I take great offense with your comments. I am a responsible adult and I take that responsibility seriously.

No wonder the gun lovers think so irrationally! They do not take responsibility and mock those who do. You have lost all credibility win me. Go to Hell, sir!

Answer: "paranoid". The same as that nutjob 2ndAmendment who actually took to this forum to whine that his bank won't let him in there armed.

Yeah, you read that right -- a bank. :cuckoo:[/QUOTE]

my bank dont care

Yes. You have to be paranoid to think you could be gunned down in movie theater.

My bank doesn't know.

Just like you don't know when we are sitting there with our kids watching a matinee that I have a Glock in pocket.

Last edited:

I do not respect anyone calling for less responsibility when owning and storing a gun in the home. I take great offense with your comments. I am a responsible adult and I take that responsibility seriously.

No wonder the gun lovers think so irrationally! They do not take responsibility and mock those who do. You have lost all credibility win me. Go to Hell, sir!

Right. That is why you must say I call for less responsibility instead of over, misplaced responsibility.

And you have to ignore that I posted you can responsibly own a gun, have instant access to protect yours when you need it.

I love making your type spin like this like a fat kid loves cake.

So we should disarm everyong because of one nut case ?

Should we ban cars when a mental case drives into a crowd?

No but we have many safety regulations on said cars that have reduced deaths caused by accidents. You have to pass a drivers test and complete comprehensive training to get a liscense. Not the weekend "training course" you need in most states for your CC.

And 40,000 still die in car crashes every year, anus

Forum List

Back