The earth is how old?

Who buried all those bones and made them test millions of years old?

2 Peter 3:8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

When eternity is your perspective time becomes very subjective...
So you answer my question with a bible quote?

Your question is ridiculous. The whole premise of this 'gotcha' thread is ridiculous. The idea of trying to tie God's creation to 'days' when the term had no meaning is ridiculous.

YOU are ridiculous...

If Rubio knows the Earth is around 4.5 billion years old, then his response is an example of everything that is wrong with the GOP.

Coddling stupid idiots, whether they be birthers or conspiracy nutters or Young Earth Creationists, in order to get their votes while alienating the thinking population is a losing proposition. Is he so retarded that he did not get that message from the election?

I think that's exactly what he was trying to do and you're right, it was completely stupid. The number of people out there who actually believe the earth is 6,000 or 9,000 or what ever years old is such a small minority who gives a shit how they feel about his answer. Those people are still going to vote him anyway, so why is he so concerned.

Yes, but can the Pats beat the Jets by more than 7 points without Gronkowski today?
Took the Pats minus the 7....

He's on the Science committee for shit sake. A man on the science committee should be able to at least correctly answer how old the goddamn planet is.

I'm pretty sure GOP committee assignments are meant to be ironic. This is the party that put a guy who can't do math in charge of its House budget committee.

You are blinded by your own venom. ;)

When eternity is your perspective time becomes very subjective...

Your question is ridiculous. The whole premise of this 'gotcha' thread is ridiculous. The idea of trying to tie God's creation to 'days' when the term had no meaning is ridiculous.

YOU are ridiculous...

no. you are....

why are rightwingnuts so anti-intellectual?

G-d doesn't want you to be stupid.

YOU are ridiculous...

no. you are....

why are rightwingnuts so anti-intellectual?

G-d doesn't want you to be stupid.

What EXACTLY have I said that is 'anti-intellectual'?

I think it's perfectly understandable to want to know if an elected official thinks the world is 6,000 or 10,000 years old.

Yes, there are other issues, but the fact that there are more important issues does not make a lawmaker's judgment unimportant. We can multi-task.

Sounds like diversion to me. If a person thinks a certain way, why would they want to avoid saying so?

We were warned about you people...

Yes, it's easy to make excuses when your sky pixie never keeps his promises due to not existing.

This is where you fail, Joe. He keeps ALL of His promises. The only people that are disappointed are those like you who expect Him to make life EASY for you when that was NEVER what He promised.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

No promises have ever been kept because there is no God.

Like I said, I'd love for you to take the religion test. I get to throw you off the top of the Sears Tower, if God catches you on the way down, I'll totally sign up for your religion.

He never said anything about religion though. From his answer, there's really no way to tell what religion, if any, he is.

Um, not really.

The very fact he says that there's a difference of opinion says that there is.

One based on solid, proven science.

One based on Bronze Age Fairy Stories.

Nothing in science says there is no difference of opinion. After all, if you go outside the Christian religion, all others have their own opinions on the age of the earth. Hindus have their own story of creation.

Does a scientific opinion negate this opinion?

If you look at the timeline of creation, the skies, the plants and animals, you will see the similarities between ALL stories of creation, scientific and religious. The methodology might differ, but they are essentially the same.

Yes...

they are all the same.

Backward, ignorant, superstitious savages didn't understand something and said, "It Must Be God"

Thankfully, we had intelligent people who actually figured out how to make things work.

Yes, it's easy to make excuses when your sky pixie never keeps his promises due to not existing.

This is where you fail, Joe. He keeps ALL of His promises. The only people that are disappointed are those like you who expect Him to make life EASY for you when that was NEVER what He promised.

John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

No promises have ever been kept because there is no God.

Like I said, I'd love for you to take the religion test. I get to throw you off the top of the Sears Tower, if God catches you on the way down, I'll totally sign up for your religion.

You can claim the non-existence of God all you want, you'll be as wrong at the end as you are now, Professor.

A University professor at a well known institution of higher learning challenged his students with this question. "Did God create everything that exists?"

A student bravely replied, "Yes he did!"

"God created everything?" The professor asked.

"Yes sir, he certainly did," the student replied.

The professor answered, "If God created everything; then God created evil. And, since evil exists, and according to the principle that our works define who we are, then we can assume God is evil." The student became quiet and did not answer the professor's hypothetical definition. The professor, quite pleased with himself, boasted to the students that he had proven once more that the Christian faith was a myth.

Another student raised his hand and said, "May I ask you a question, professor?"

"Of course", replied the professor.

The student stood up and asked, "Professor, does cold exist?"

"What kind of question is this? Of course it exists. Have you never been cold?" The other students snickered at the young man's question.

The young man replied, "In fact sir, cold does not exist. According to the laws of physics, what we consider cold is in reality the absence of heat. Every body or object is susceptible to study when it has or transmits energy, and heat is what makes a body or matter have or transmit energy. Absolute zero (-460 F) is the total absence of heat; and all matter becomes inert and incapable of reaction at that temperature. Cold does not exist. We have created this word to describe how we feel if we have no heat."

The student continued, "Professor, does darkness exist?"

The professor responded, "Of course it does."

The student replied, "Once again you are wrong sir, darkness does not exist either. Darkness is in reality the absence of light. Light we can study, but not darkness. In fact, we can use Newton's prism to break white light into many colors and study the various wavelengths of each color. You cannot measure darkness. A simple ray of light can break into a world of darkness and illuminate it. How can you know how dark a certain space is? You measure the amount of light present. Isn't this correct? Darkness is a term used by man to describe what happens when there is no light present."

Finally the young man asked the professor, "Sir, does evil exist?"

Now uncertain, the professor responded, "Of course, as I have already said. We see it everyday. It is in the daily examples of man's Inhumanity to man. It is in the multitude of crime and violence everywhere in the world. These manifestations are nothing else but evil.

To this the student replied, "Evil does not exist, sir, or at least it does not exist unto itself. Evil is simply the absence of God. It is just like darkness and cold, a word that man has created to describe the absence of God. God did not create evil. Evil is the result of what happens when man does not have God's love present in his heart. It's like the cold that comes when there is no heat, or the darkness that comes when there is no light."

The professor sat down.

The young man's name - Albert Einstein
ETA:
I don't know if the attribution to Einstein is correct or not, and I don't even care.

It's the message that counts, not the messenger.

Last edited:

I think it's perfectly understandable to want to know if an elected official thinks the world is 6,000 or 10,000 years old.

Yes, there are other issues, but the fact that there are more important issues does not make a lawmaker's judgment unimportant. We can multi-task.

Sounds like diversion to me. If a person thinks a certain way, why would they want to avoid saying so?

Jon Huntsman was eliminated early on because he had the nerve to say he believed in evolution and science. The Tea Party couldn't have that.

I have some important questions for the candidates for the next election and if they don't give an answer I like they have to withdraw from the race....

What is more fuel efficient in space travel warp drive like they used in Star Trek or the "jump" they used in Battlestar Gallactica.

What was going on the day before the big Bang.What was it like the day before the universe started being...well being.

What was God doing the day before he decided to create the universe and all the solar system..

This question is to cover the religious side of things.

Why were some dinosaurs carnivores and some pussies...you know plant eaters...

Aren't these questions important in order to judge a person for office....

In a 3 way with Nancy Pelosi and Barbarba Boxer who would be more aggressive....

Never mind that's for me to answer...

Jon Huntsman was eliminated early on because he had the nerve to say he believed in evolution and science. The Tea Party couldn't have that.

Yep, he never had a chance, especially once the God Squad took over the Tea Party.

We have a country that is at least 16 trillion in debt and we re elect the same guy who doesn't seem to give a shit about it.

But everyone is gonna go bat shit over the way some guy answered a religious philosophical question.That's like asking some one is there a GOD.There's no right answer.

Those that just believe in science will answer billions of years old.
Those believe a GOD created everything will have a different answer...

So anyone who believes in a higher power now is to be excluded from politics...

Rubio ignites debate with answer about creationism – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

SMH
Republicans better change there way of thinking if they want a shot at 2016. If you think the Earth is 6-10,000 years old, well, you are an idiot. This creationist BS is one of the reasons why I dont consider myself a Republican. I lean right, but with thinking like this(also abortion etc), why I dont brand myself Republican. I know all Republicans don't think like this, but it is also kinda "automatic"? when you think about that party. To me anyways..

I heard what he said.......and he didn't say what he felt. He basically said that he felt science didn't belong in politics.

Yep, he never had a chance, especially once the God Squad took over the Tea Party.

John Huntsman was eliminated early on because he is a milquetoast moderate who wouldn't say "Shit!" if he had a mouthful of it. The Republican Establishment already had one of those in Romney and didn't need another confusing the sheeple.

We have a country that is at least 16 trillion in debt and we re elect the same guy who doesn't seem to give a shit about it.

But everyone is gonna go bat shit over the way some guy answered a religious philosophical question.That's like asking some one is there a GOD.There's no right answer.

Which was the plan all along...

Can't have morality get in the way of the New World Order...

Let's ask Obama how much more do the rich have to pay?

How does he expect the $82 billion dollars taxing the rich will get to pay down the deficit?

Don't let up till he gives us a number and an answer.

Yup.....only homosexuals need run.

To be honest if they had asked him if he loves killing puppies he could have said "No, why in the hell would you ask me a stupid question like that???"

The libs would have said he was trying to hide his obvious love for killing puppies or they would have said he actually loved killing puppies.

The truth just doesn't matter anymore. :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
Rubio ignites debate with answer about creationism – CNN Belief Blog - CNN.com Blogs

SMH
Republicans better change there way of thinking if they want a shot at 2016. If you think the Earth is 6-10,000 years old, well, you are an idiot. This creationist BS is one of the reasons why I dont consider myself a Republican. I lean right, but with thinking like this(also abortion etc), why I dont brand myself Republican. I know all Republicans don't think like this, but it is also kinda "automatic"? when you think about that party. To me anyways..

I was think like that a few years ago... I never was a social conservative, but thought right-wingers made more sense on economic/fiscal issues.

Then 2008 crisis turned into a depression and I started reading Krugman's blog -- and oh boy!.. How wrong I was about conservative economics...

Forum List

Back