The Electoral College flaunting the will of the people never ends well!

So you would not have signed on to it and had no USA?

and that is NOT the reason people give to continue it.

Didn't want? Do people vote for what they consider the less of _____ (fill in the blank?) does that mean you'd desire anarchy

I think that when you start your country on a lofty principle that all men are created equal, but then you come up with all sorts of set-asides to allow some people to own other people, you've corrupted your process.

We have this awful racist system for selecting presidents, one that gives too much weight to the white majority, and as a result, we elected an openly racist president the majority of the country didn't want.

Didn't want? Do people vote for what they consider the less of _____ (fill in the blank?) does that mean you'd desire anarchy

I think that when you start your country on a lofty principle that all men are created equal, but then you come up with all sorts of set-asides to allow some people to own other people, you've corrupted your process.

We have this awful racist system for selecting presidents, one that gives too much weight to the white majority, and as a result, we elected an openly racist president the majority of the country didn't want.
Racist...

In the very same post you say you hate majority rule, so we should have majority rule?

Has the butthurt migrated to your brain?

In the very same post you say you hate majority rule, so we should have majority rule?

do you not have the power of reading comprehension, or are you j ust retarded from HOme School?

do you not have the power of reading comprehension, or are you j ust retarded from HOme School?

Dude, you either want the voice of the people (otherwise called the tyranny of the majority), or you don't.

Which is it

Suck it up buttercup and make up your juvenile mind.

very strange twist on things. creative but strange

The electors followed the will of the people in their state. As they are supposed to do

Dude, you either want the voice of the people (otherwise called the tyranny of the majority), or you don't.

Which is it

I've made it pretty clear. One Person, one vote, unless it violates individual rights.

Pretty clear, actually, even for a complete fucking retard who wears a MAGA hat made in China.

The electors followed the will of the people in their state. As they are supposed to do

You know what, a wise man said, "The Constitution is not a Suicide Pact". (It's attributed to Abraham Lincoln, but the person who said it was Justice Robert Jackson.)

You have come on here time after time telling us that you really think that Trump would be a disaster for the country. and you know what, you had a point.

But now you think that because, hey, even though the people said no, and even though most of the electors knew he was bad news, they should go through with it anyway?

You know what, a wise man said, "The Constitution is not a Suicide Pact". (It's attributed to Abraham Lincoln, but the person who said it was Justice Robert Jackson.)

That was in connection with a rather clear-cut case in which the Supreme Court struck down a Chicago law that blatantly violated the First Amendment's protection of freedom of speech. Justice Jackson was one of the few dissenting justices. I suppose it should be no surprise, coming from you, to describe as “wise” a man who held such contempt for basic Constitutional principles.

Which is it

I've made it pretty clear. One Person, one vote, unless it violates individual rights.

Pretty clear, actually, even for a complete fucking retard who wears a MAGA hat made in China.

It's one or the other half wit. In a democracy, rights are granted via referendum.

Moon Bats are confused about things like this that are in the Constitution. .

It is not "flaunting the will of the people" . It is protecting from the rule of mob.

That was in connection with a rather clear-cut case in which the Supreme Court struck down a Chicago law that blatantly violated the First Amendment's protection of freedom of speech. Justice Jackson was one of the few dissenting justices. I suppose it should be no surprise, coming from you, to describe as “wise” a man who held such contempt for basic Constitutional principles.

it was a 5-4 Decision, where a rather radical priest incited riots against Jewish people... but you probably think this was an okay thing to do. Trump is right in that line of thinking.

It's one or the other half wit. In a democracy, rights are granted via referendum.

No, you really can have a direct election of a president and STILL have promises of rights for individuals. In fact, most of the world does it that way. this is the only country where a few redneck backwaters can overrule the majority and put a Rodeo Clown in the White House.

it was a 5-4 Decision, where a rather radical priest incited riots against Jewish people... but you probably think this was an okay thing to do. Trump is right in that line of thinking.

No, you really can have a direct election of a president and STILL have promises of rights for individuals. In fact, most of the world does it that way. this is the only country where a few redneck backwaters can overrule the majority and put a Rodeo Clown in the White House.

So Joe trusts the will of the people as long as the will of the people matches his own will.

Typical moonbat

Meh, Marry Christmas motha fucker. Or happy holidays, whichever you prefer.

Wow, you can't even say nice things without coming off like an asshole.

Yeah, you know what else? You bandy about with Abe Lincoln quotes, yet going by you democrats rules he was an illegitimate president as he only won with 40% of the popular vote. Matter of fact, Trump got more of the popular vote then Lincoln did by like 6% or so.

Last edited:
So Joe trusts the will of the people as long as the will of the people matches his own will.

No, I explained what I believed in, I'm sorry you are too retarded to understand it... but not surprised.

Yeah, you know what else? You bandy about with Abe Lincoln quotes, yet going by you democrats rules he was an illegitimate president as he only won with 40% of the popular vote. Matter of fact, Trump got more of the popular vote then Lincoln did by like 6% or so.

But he got more votes than anyone else did in 1860... That was the point.. 40% in a four way race is actually pretty good. So he WON the popular vote.

(Also,I clearly said that "The Constitution is not a suicide pact" was incorrectly attributed to Lincoln, which was pretty clearly said, but I know you are illiterate.)

Forum List

Back