The Electoral College is as outdated as the 2nd Amendment

Presidents should be elected based on national popular votes - not electoral votes based on acreage and just rubber-stamped by partisans!

Popular vote - not acres!

electorl.gif

In each state, whichever party garners a majority of popular votes, regardless of how narrow the margin, wins all the electoral votes. By forcing residents in each state ultimately to vote as a block, the system is supposed to ensure that small states' interests are not drowned out by those of larger states.

U.S. Electoral Vote Map

The EC was set up so States like Cali and NY don't decide who the next POTUS is. If it were by popular vote then those two states and a few others would decide every election and anyone not living in those two States would have votes that count for nothing.

If Hillary had won the EC You wouldn't say a word about the PV if Trump had won that.

The one and only reason you posted another of you lamo threads is because Hillary lost.

The FF were smarter than you will ever be.

Dumbass.

Presidents should be elected based on national popular votes - not electoral votes based on acreage and just rubber-stamped by partisans!

electorl.gif

In each state, whichever party garners a majority of popular votes, regardless of how narrow the margin, wins all the electoral votes. By forcing residents in each state ultimately to vote as a block, the system is supposed to ensure that small states' interests are not drowned out by those of larger states.

U.S. Electoral Vote Map
"The Electoral College is as outdated as the 2nd Amendment"

And the First Amendment is a tad more dated than both...So stop using it

The electoral college is fine the way it is. I think we should make it to where you have to win the majority of electoral votes AND the plurality of the Popular Vote. Simply on the principle that the popular vote should have a direct effect by statute on the outcome of the election but not be the sole deciding factor.

But those wanting to do away with it are being incredibly short-sighted.

[Q

After what Native Americans have been through, I can't imagine that you would think that. Nope, I just want an updated 2nd Amendment and reasonable gun control laws. I don't fear for a need to have heavy weaponry to protect me from the government. I can't fight professional soldiers armed with machine guns, tanks, fighter jets/bombers, and chemical weapons.

The problem Moon Bat is that you Libtards are bat shit crazy and are never "reasonable". You wouldn't know the definition of reasonable if it bit you in the ass.

Every time you make a stupid comment like that I will post an example of the oppression of the government to be unreasonable when it comes to gun control but like a typical Moon Bat asshole you ignore it. Like the filthy SAFE Act in New York being sold as a "reasonable" gun control measure but led to a veteran having his firearms confiscated by government jackbooted thugs because he went to the doctor for insomnia. There are many more examples.

electorl.gif

U.S. Electoral Vote Map
Lakhota, under a Trump tyranny, the 2nd amendment is more important than ever. If he decides to come for you, your best bet is to be armed.

I am.
Ha...You're a lib. When challenged, you'd piss your panties and drop your weapon....or, you'd have it taken from you. It's very easy.

For those who give a shit - the wording of the 2nd Amendment is confusing.
It's been well understood for 240 years. Liberals are what's confusing.

No, it has actually been misunderstood.

How Conservatives "Reinvented" the Second Amendment

How the NRA perverted the meaning of the 2nd Amendment

The Second Amendment doesn't say what you think it does

So You Think You Know the Second Amendment?

Odd. Since the founders said that keeping arms was the right of the people without any ambiguity.

Bear Arms

Patrick Toobin must have missed that in his research.

A couple examples of what the founders intended.

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American...[T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people."
--Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.
"Whereas, to preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them; nor does it follow from this, that all promiscuously must go into actual service on every occasion. The mind that aims at a select militia, must be influenced by a truly anti-republican principle; and when we see many men disposed to practice upon it, whenever they can prevail, no wonder true republicans are for carefully guarding against it."
--Richard Henry Lee, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

I know. We are so much more certain of what the founders intended than their clear words on the matter indicate. Or my favorite, the founders never imagined this or that. If they had foreseen the modern weapons they never would have passed the Second Amendment.

Pfui.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

It's no secret that the radical left thinks the rest of the Bill of Rights are outdated as well as the 2nd Amendment. Another reason to thank God Trump won the election.

electorl.gif

U.S. Electoral Vote Map

Tissue?

Forum List

Back