The electric car you feel is creating no emissions...

"It's not powered by Coal! It runs on batteries that get recharged by plugging into a wall socket!"

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Speak for yourself. I live in California, we get almost none of our power from coal.

You get it from Magic Fairies like Howey in Hollywood?... :rofl:

Electricity is a PAINFULLY Inefficient Source for Power for moving something that weighs as much as a car. :thup:

So if it's Nuclear that is the source for your plug or whatever it is, it's still a REALLY Stoo-pit use of Power.

And for the Record... Cali's Energy Sources for Electricity:

Natural Gas 46.5%
Nuclear 14.9%
Large Hydro 9.6%
Coal 15.5%
Renewables 13.5%

Again... Plug in Cars are Stoo-pit.

:)

peace...

I would love to have a Tesla. But I am relatively poor, so it ain't going to happen.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
Speak for yourself. I live in California, we get almost none of our power from coal.

You get it from Magic Fairies like Howey in Hollywood?... :rofl:

Electricity is a PAINFULLY Inefficient Source for Power for moving something that weighs as much as a car. :thup:

So if it's Nuclear that is the source for your plug or whatever it is, it's still a REALLY Stoo-pit use of Power.

And for the Record... Cali's Energy Sources for Electricity:

Natural Gas 46.5%
Nuclear 14.9%
Large Hydro 9.6%
Coal 15.5%
Renewables 13.5%

Again... Plug in Cars are Stoo-pit.

peace...

As far as I've read, electric engines are actually significantly more efficient in every measurable way than internal combustion engines. Do you have a source for your claims?

Electric engines don't lose all that heat energy lost in internal combustion.

[ame=http://youtu.be/1kCG-WqpVnI]Car and Driver: Tested : 2013 Tesla Model S - Review - CAR and DRIVER - YouTube[/ame]

So 40% of L.A.'s Electricity is NOT generated from coal? This report is a lie?

California?s Dirty Secret: The Five Coal Plants Supplying Our Electricity | KQED's Climate Watch

Or if the coal is burned OUTSIDE California it doesn't count? :D

I don't live in LA, I live in the Bay Area.

In terms of total power use in the whole state of California (including imported power from other states), is as of 2012 7.5%.

http://energyalmanac.ca.gov/electricity/total_system_power.html

First of all, an electric motor is a MORE efficient one than an internal combustion engine.

Also, many places use electricity generated by hydro-electric plants.

Also, unless you have a means of comparing the pollution from a coal powered electric plant to the pollution from the number of internal combustion engines equal to the number of electric engine powered, you have no claim.

In other words, if a coal plant can provide power for 5,000 electric cars while putting out X amount of pollution, how many individual combustion engines can you run without creating more than X amount of pollution.

Electric cars are the future.

Here's NY state's power generation sources:

513px-NewYork_Electricity_Generation_Sources_Pie_Chart.svg.png

So, go back to bed, Einstein.

This just in... The electric car you feel is creating no emissions is actually powered by coal in the most inefficient way humanly possible... Movie at 11.

peace...
There are several alternatives to coal for producing electricity, unfortunately the Right is against the alternatives and very much for coal. Are you following the Kentucky primary, both candidates are fighting over who's more pro-coal?

Electricity is not as effective as gas to propell a car... Not even close. Transferring energy from Natural Gas to Electricity to a car is stoo-pit. :thup:

peace...

Repeating yourself doesn't make what you say come true. Do you have anything to back up your claims?

Forum List

Back