The End Of Bk On Military Bases?

bilde

Obama screws the troops – again. :blowup:

No more BK or Pizza Hut or Mickey D's on military bases! How's that gonna help troop morale?

One more thought. How many of those concessions hire military dependents?

Labor Department officials have rejected requests to exempt fast food concessions on military bases from regulations that will raise the minimum wage to $10.10 for all workers on federal construction and service contracts.

The rule is scheduled to be published Oct. 7, implementing an executive order that will take effect in January for all new and renegotiated contracts. It applies to other contracts on military bases as well, such as contracts in clubs

Read more @ No wage-hike exemption for on-base restaurants Military Times militarytimes.com

Having a fast food meal available instead of a meal prepared by the usually well trained and competent U.S. Army cooks would have been something I'd have enjoyed, too, when I was a trooper.

In my day we had to wait until we could go off post to enjoy it.

In a war zone it would be like a welcome touch of home, I'll admit.

Bottom line, however, they'll survive the change.
I always love those omelets for breakfast at Fort Dix, LA. Salsa, peppers, tabasco sauce. yummy. I never missed a breakfast when I was there.

Uh, check your geography or nomenclature.

Something ain't right about your recollection.

The far left wants to disband the US military and they will do all they can to do that.
Who'd a thunk the entire Military Industrial Complex hinges on Whoppers!

You must be very un curious to come to such a stupid conclusion. Welcome to the Right Wing of American politics! You ought to fit right in.
Whenever the discussion turns to ANYTHING that might keep them from their fast food, they get nastier faster than any other time. Don't stand in their way!

bilde

Obama screws the troops – again. :blowup:

No more BK or Pizza Hut or Mickey D's on military bases! How's that gonna help troop morale?

One more thought. How many of those concessions hire military dependents?

Labor Department officials have rejected requests to exempt fast food concessions on military bases from regulations that will raise the minimum wage to $10.10 for all workers on federal construction and service contracts.

The rule is scheduled to be published Oct. 7, implementing an executive order that will take effect in January for all new and renegotiated contracts. It applies to other contracts on military bases as well, such as contracts in clubs

Read more @ No wage-hike exemption for on-base restaurants Military Times militarytimes.com

Having a fast food meal available instead of a meal prepared by the usually well trained and competent U.S. Army cooks would have been something I'd have enjoyed, too, when I was a trooper.

In my day we had to wait until we could go off post to enjoy it.

In a war zone it would be like a welcome touch of home, I'll admit.

Bottom line, however, they'll survive the change.
I always love those omelets for breakfast at Fort Dix, LA. Salsa, peppers, tabasco sauce. yummy. I never missed a breakfast when I was there.

Uh, check your geography or nomenclature.

Something ain't right about your recollection.
aw crap fort dix nj was basic training. Fort Polk Louisiana was stationed for 2 years. I'm going senile.
LA= Louisiana.

You mean the McDonald's menu from 1976?

How is that relevant to this discussion?
You said big mac was never sold for a dollar. I showed you where it was sold for less than a dollar. You didn't say which year.

No, I said the Big Mac was never on "The Dollar Menu".
Yes it was. I used to order 5 of them when I was in high school, 1981. Just because I don't have a link to an image doesn't make it untrue.

You said big mac was never sold for a dollar. I showed you where it was sold for less than a dollar. You didn't say which year.

Yes it was. I used to order 5 of them when I was in high school, 1981. Just because I don't have a link to an image doesn't make it untrue.
Interesting considering that McDonalds didn't launch their Dollar Menu until 2002.

The far left wants to disband the US military and they will do all they can to do that.

You must be very un curious to come to such a stupid conclusion. Welcome to the Right Wing of American politics! You ought to fit right in.
You have it wrong, obama relies on whoppers. And useful tools.

Nope Obama probably believe the whoppers cause Climate Change..

Whenever the discussion turns to ANYTHING that might keep them from their fast food, they get nastier faster than any other time. Don't stand in their way!

Says the far left Obama drone who supported Clinton as he ate at McDonalds.

What makes you think that a $10 minimum wage will "end" McDonalds and Burger King on military bases?

It's a lose lose situation if the stay. They stay, and end up paying more for the labor, and they also get pointed out by the "living wage people" that, "see you can pay it there, why not pay it everywhere???"

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but we can already say that.

San Francisco has a minimum wage of $10.15 an hour, and there's no shortage of McDonalds or Burger Kings here.

In other words, they can afford it - and if they close, then they are the ones depriving the troops of shitty, unhealthy food - not "Obama".

And hey...I bet they they CHARGE MORE! (There was a thread HERE about it: due to higher costs, Subway's $5 sub specials were not valid in Frisco...might have been all of California, not sure.)

What makes you think that a $10 minimum wage will "end" McDonalds and Burger King on military bases?

It's a lose lose situation if the stay. They stay, and end up paying more for the labor, and they also get pointed out by the "living wage people" that, "see you can pay it there, why not pay it everywhere???"

San Francisco has a minimum wage of $10.15 an hour, and there's no shortage of McDonalds or Burger Kings here.

In other words, they can afford it - and if they close, then they are the ones depriving the troops of shitty, unhealthy food - not "Obama".

And hey...I bet they they CHARGE MORE! (There was a thread HERE about it: due to higher costs, Subway's $5 sub specials were not valid in Frisco...might have been all of California, not sure.)

Whoever told you that is lying - I bought a "5 dollar footlong" at a Subway in SF a few days ago. Meatball Marinara.

OKay, let's move every military base to San Francisco.

The "Dollar Menu" started in 2002, so it's a pretty safe bet the you weren't buying anything off of it 20 years before it debuted.

And the Big Mac has never been on it.

McDonald s Spices Up Dollar Menu Price Attack. - Knight Ridder Tribune Business News HighBeam Research

OKay, let's move every military base to San Francisco.

That doesn't make any sense.

Whoever told you that is lying - I bought a "5 dollar footlong" at a Subway in SF a few days ago. Meatball Marinara.
Wow, bet the guy who owns the franchise is an idiot. He's working for peanuts.

The "Dollar Menu" started in 2002, so it's a pretty safe bet the you weren't buying anything off of it 20 years before it debuted.

And the Big Mac has never been on it.

McDonald s Spices Up Dollar Menu Price Attack. - Knight Ridder Tribune Business News HighBeam Research
They used to tell you that you could eat at McD's for less than a dollar..

Forum List

Back