The End Of Bk On Military Bases?

Then it will become more expensive to eat on base than off base and nobody will eat on base.

We shall see won't we?

I have seen the same gloom and doom predictions every time minimum wage is increased

You want the contract to sell food on base? Meet the terms of the contract
The federal government through political fiat is changing the rules of the game.
Do you have a point to make?
I just did. If you are too dense to understand, your problem..
You seem to have a problem with it
Will that be all?
Since your argument holds no water, the point of your continuing to post is moot.

Military family members get those AAFES jobs

More money coming in to military families and fewer will need food stamps
You can prove that all those positions are filled only by family members of military personnel, of course?
Just kidding. We all know you're just making things up...do carry on, though..
:popcorn:
Most of those jobs are filled by dependents who will now make a better wage. Do we really need military families on food stamps?
Oh...So now it's a job as a fast food joint which now must knuckle under to "you will comply" or food stamps?
Cut the bullshit. If people are working and feel the need to still be on the dole, would it not be a good idea for them to look for ways to improve their skill set and with that become more marketable?
You don't want to pay the wages? Give up your contract at military bases. It's a free market, someone else will take your spot
Ahh....So the business owner is just supposed to take it in the shorts. For purely political reasons.
THat is a ridiculous argument. The next one that occupies the space will certainly adjust their prices to reflect the increased labor costs.

Who'd a thunk the entire Military Industrial Complex hinges on Whoppers!

You must be very un curious to come to such a stupid conclusion. Welcome to the Right Wing of American politics! You ought to fit right in.

Fair wages will bring BK to its knees
Ever notice how much contempt the right wingers show for working families? Earning a wage is considered passé. The only honorable and noble way to make money must be in the market. Hair nets, mop handles and cash registers are to be shunned in the Conservative labyrinth of...well, I guess I'll call it 'thought'.
If every job paid a living wage who would hire high school kids?
Stretch out your mind a bit. What if you asked, "If every full time (30 hours a week or more) job paid a living wage..."
...The OP stated "if every job"....No reference was made to "full time"...You made up that. WEAK....FAIL
So even the suggestion that wages should be linked to hours worked is, in your opinion, a failure? What a shame you cannot think beyond the greed.

Obama doesn't give a shit about the military, that piece of shit has been trying to close down the Commissary system this past year.

Congress hasn't done it because they know too many people use the Commissary for their food shopping.

Fair wages will bring BK to its knees
Ever notice how much contempt the right wingers show for working families? Earning a wage is considered passé. The only honorable and noble way to make money must be in the market. Hair nets, mop handles and cash registers are to be shunned in the Conservative labyrinth of...well, I guess I'll call it 'thought'.
If every job paid a living wage who would hire high school kids?
Stretch out your mind a bit. What if you asked, "If every full time (30 hours a week or more) job paid a living wage..."
...The OP stated "if every job"....No reference was made to "full time"...You made up that. WEAK....FAIL
So even the suggestion that wages should be linked to hours worked is, in your opinion, a failure? What a shame you cannot think beyond the greed.
ok you make a law that every full time job pays a living wage. A lovely ideal. This assumes all the high school kids will only get part time jobs.

How much you want to bet all the full times jobs turn into part time jobs? And what's to stop them from doing exactly that?

Couldn't have a thing to do with tourists will pay a little more for food and the median income there is over $78 grand, right? The median for the US is $52,250. They can afford the higher menu prices there.
What makes you think that a $10 minimum wage will "end" McDonalds and Burger King on military bases?

It's a lose lose situation if the stay. They stay, and end up paying more for the labor, and they also get pointed out by the "living wage people" that, "see you can pay it there, why not pay it everywhere???"

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but we can already say that.

San Francisco has a minimum wage of $10.15 an hour, and there's no shortage of McDonalds or Burger Kings here.

In other words, they can afford it - and if they close, then they are the ones depriving the troops of shitty, unhealthy food - not "Obama".

Last edited:
Idiots in NYC and SF drive up the costs of everything with their inflated wages, then wonder why it is expensive to live there compared to Des Moines Iowa....fucking idiots.

Couldn't have a thing to do with tourists will pay a little more for food and the median income there is over $78 grand, right? The median for the US is $52,250. They can afford the higher menu prices there.
What makes you think that a $10 minimum wage will "end" McDonalds and Burger King on military bases?

It's a lose lose situation if the stay. They stay, and end up paying more for the labor, and they also get pointed out by the "living wage people" that, "see you can pay it there, why not pay it everywhere???"

San Francisco has a minimum wage of $10.15 an hour, and there's no shortage of McDonalds or Burger Kings here.

In other words, they can afford it - and if they close, then they are the ones depriving the troops of shitty, unhealthy food - not "Obama".

Except they're not any more expensive. That's my point.

In SF, a Big Mac meal is $7 and change. Across the bay (where the minimum wage is $8), a Big Mac meal is exactly the same price.

In SF, a Big Mac meal is $7 and change. Across the bay (where the minimum wage is $8), a Big Mac meal is exactly the same price.
A large part of their sales is in the dollar menu. Big mac used to be a dollar here in Florida, now is 2 bucks. What is it in SF?

Also 90% of their profit comes from soda sales due to extremely high markup. Sell 0.10 cents of soda for 2 bucks. Those co2 containers cost like 20 bucks each and they can provide hundreds of drinks per container. So how are their soda prices?

A large part of their sales is in the dollar menu. Big mac used to be a dollar here in Florida, now is 2 bucks. What is it in SF?

Also 90% of their profit comes from soda sales due to extremely high markup. Sell 0.10 cents of soda for 2 bucks. Those co2 containers cost like 20 bucks each and they can provide hundreds of drinks per container. So how are their soda prices?

Soda prices: $1, any size. That promotion has been going on for a few years now.

I don't know the price of a Big Mac alone off the top of my head, but the Big Mac has NEVER been on the dollar menu of any McDonalds. Are you thinking of the McDouble?

Do "we" know how much BK or McD et al will be obliged to raise their prices, if they are obliged to pay a new minimum-wage?

Is it enough to drive-away business, or is it a flea?

I would imagine that fast food joints make a nice change from the local mess hall, so, I don't see business falling off, but I could be wrong.

Do "we" know how much BK or McD et al will be obliged to raise their prices, if they are obliged to pay a new minimum-wage?

Is it enough to drive-away business, or is it a flea?

I would imagine that fast food joints make a nice change from the local mess hall, so, I don't see business falling off, but I could be wrong.

Using San Francisco as an example, they'll be "obliged" to raise their prices not at all.

Soda prices: $1, any size. That promotion has been going on for a few years now.

I don't know the price of a Big Mac alone off the top of my head, but the Big Mac has NEVER been on the dollar menu of any McDonalds. Are you thinking of the McDouble?

63b97effe8541714f7782df33ab9b431.jpg

bilde

Obama screws the troops – again. :blowup:

No more BK or Pizza Hut or Mickey D's on military bases! How's that gonna help troop morale?

One more thought. How many of those concessions hire military dependents?

Labor Department officials have rejected requests to exempt fast food concessions on military bases from regulations that will raise the minimum wage to $10.10 for all workers on federal construction and service contracts.

The rule is scheduled to be published Oct. 7, implementing an executive order that will take effect in January for all new and renegotiated contracts. It applies to other contracts on military bases as well, such as contracts in clubs

Read more @ No wage-hike exemption for on-base restaurants Military Times militarytimes.com

Having a fast food meal available instead of a meal prepared by the usually well trained and competent U.S. Army cooks would have been something I'd have enjoyed, too, when I was a trooper.

In my day we had to wait until we could go off post to enjoy it.

In a war zone it would be like a welcome touch of home, I'll admit.

Bottom line, however, they'll survive the change.

Um, that's an ad for a temporary promotion, not regular menu price.

Yeah, me too (off-post, if the town was even big enough to have one), and, yeah, I think they'll survive, if it ever came to closing them down - which I don't think will happen.

bilde

Obama screws the troops – again. :blowup:

No more BK or Pizza Hut or Mickey D's on military bases! How's that gonna help troop morale?

One more thought. How many of those concessions hire military dependents?

Labor Department officials have rejected requests to exempt fast food concessions on military bases from regulations that will raise the minimum wage to $10.10 for all workers on federal construction and service contracts.

The rule is scheduled to be published Oct. 7, implementing an executive order that will take effect in January for all new and renegotiated contracts. It applies to other contracts on military bases as well, such as contracts in clubs

Read more @ No wage-hike exemption for on-base restaurants Military Times militarytimes.com

Having a fast food meal available instead of a meal prepared by the usually well trained and competent U.S. Army cooks would have been something I'd have enjoyed, too, when I was a trooper.

I always love those omelets for breakfast at Fort Dix, LA. Salsa, peppers, tabasco sauce. yummy. I never missed a breakfast when I was there.

Um, that's an ad for a temporary promotion, not regular menu price.
I may have added the second graphic after you posted. scroll up.

Forum List

Back