The End Of Bk On Military Bases?

When I was in the service I loved shopping at the AAFES because it was cheaper than the civilian shops. You liberals are going to ruin that and make it more expensive. You'll end up having government subsidized shops, that pay a living wage, that nobody shops at.

For a minute there,I thought the OP was serious

Damned minimum wage!
How many people make minimum wage? Answer:According to: http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2013.pdf :
And again there are ONLY 3.3 minimum wage earners of which 1 million are between 16 and 19 and are just that low skill jobs!

In 1980, 15 percent of hourly workers earned the minimum wage.
Today that share is down to only 4.7 percent.
Almost Everything You Have Been Told About The Minimum Wage Is False - Forbes

So I would agree BK,et.al. won't leave the bases... NOPE!
They can simply hire fewer minimum wage workers replacing with self serve, robots... now that the costs of replacing with robots is equaling
minimum wage!
Gartner sees things like robots and drones replacing a third of all workers by 2025, and whether you want to believe it or not, is entirely your business.
One in three jobs will be taken by software or robots by 2025 Computerworld
So where will those minimum wage workers get work experiences????

So once again... the law of unintended consequences at play!
Here we have all those idiots supporting raising the minimum wage for what 1 million teenagers who will then be replaced by robots?
Yea that's the ticket more unemployment. No job training skills like simply showing up every day and on time will be necessary.
Great thinking you minimum wage idiots!

Who cares bk sucks! About time they got ride of bk. Nice picture of elmendorf bx though. The commissary at the other end of the picture has better food anyway and fresh!!!

Military family members get those AAFES jobs

More money coming in to military families and fewer will need food stamps
You can prove that all those positions are filled only by family members of military personnel, of course?
Just kidding. We all know you're just making things up...do carry on, though..
:popcorn:

You can prove that all those positions are filled only by family members of military personnel, of course?
Most of those jobs are filled by dependents who will now make a better wage. Do we really need military families on food stamps?

Here we have all those idiots supporting raising the minimum wage for what 1 million teenagers who will then be replaced by robots?
Yea that's the ticket more unemployment. No job training skills like simply showing up every day and on time will be necessary.

Got news for you

If they had robots that could do the job, they would have already replaced the workers

Most of those jobs are filled by dependents who will now make a better wage. Do we really need military families on food stamps?

Show the data that "most" of those jobs are filled by dependents. Show the data that if military dependents don't work at burger king, the family has to go on food stamps.

Just kidding...I know there isn't any...you made it all up.

Got news for you

If they had robots that could do the job, they would have already replaced the workers
They do so only when it's cost effective to do so. Raising the minimum wage makes it cost effective. Look at Walmart and their self checkout stands. One employee watches 9 checkout stands now instead of 10 before.

Show the data that "most" of those jobs are filled by dependents. Show the data that if military dependents don't work at burger king, the family has to go on food stamps.

I have worked on military bases for 35 years. Never met one of those employees who were not a dependent. May be some, but not many

Hungry Heroes 25 Percent of Military Families Seek Food Aid - NBC News

Got news for you

They do so only when it's cost effective to do so. Raising the minimum wage makes it cost effective. Look at Walmart and their self checkout stands. One employee watches 9 checkout stands now instead of 10 before.
Those self checkout stands are there regardless of the wage of the employees. So are ATMs

I have worked on military bases for 35 years. Never met one of those employees who were not a dependent. May be some, but not many

Hungry Heroes 25 Percent of Military Families Seek Food Aid - NBC News
I worked for Nexus in Orlando when I was a kid. Not a military dependant.

Got news for you

Those self checkout stands are there regardless of the wage of the employees. So are ATMs
Those self checkout stands are there to mitigate costs. Costs as in workers wages that they no longer have to pay.

I see..you don't need to supply proof for anything you say. Your personal anecdotes are proof enough...got it.

That's a great strategy! You can never be wrong when you get to set the rules and define the terms...LMAO...

The far left wants to disband the US military and they will do all they can to do that.
Who'd a thunk the entire Military Industrial Complex hinges on Whoppers!

You must be very un curious to come to such a stupid conclusion. Welcome to the Right Wing of American politics! You ought to fit right in.

The far left wants to disband the US military and they will do all they can to do that.
Who'd a thunk the entire Military Industrial Complex hinges on Whoppers!

You must be very un curious to come to such a stupid conclusion. Welcome to the Right Wing of American politics! You ought to fit right in.

Fair wages will bring BK to its knees

Forum List

Back