The End Of Bk On Military Bases?

The far left wants to disband the US military and they will do all they can to do that.
Who'd a thunk the entire Military Industrial Complex hinges on Whoppers!

You must be very un curious to come to such a stupid conclusion. Welcome to the Right Wing of American politics! You ought to fit right in.

Fair wages will bring BK to its knees
Ever notice how much contempt the right wingers show for working families? Earning a wage is considered passé. The only honorable and noble way to make money must be in the market. Hair nets, mop handles and cash registers are to be shunned in the Conservative labyrinth of...well, I guess I'll call it 'thought'.

The far left wants to disband the US military and they will do all they can to do that.

You must be very un curious to come to such a stupid conclusion. Welcome to the Right Wing of American politics! You ought to fit right in.

Ever notice how much contempt the right wingers show for working families? Earning a wage is considered passé. The only honorable and noble way to make money must be in the market. Hair nets, mop handles and cash registers are to be shunned in the Conservative labyrinth of...well, I guess I'll call it 'thought'.
If every job paid a living wage who would hire high school kids?

Stretch out your mind a bit. What if you asked, "If every full time (30 hours a week or more) job paid a living wage..."

What makes you think that a $10 minimum wage will "end" McDonalds and Burger King on military bases?
Simple. The higher wages will drive up the price of meals which will be rejected by the consumers.
It doesn't take a 5th grader to figure out this one.
What's that say about YOU?

What makes you think that a $10 minimum wage will "end" McDonalds and Burger King on military bases?

It's a lose lose situation if the stay. They stay, and end up paying more for the labor, and they also get pointed out by the "living wage people" that, "see you can pay it there, why not pay it everywhere???"

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but we can already say that.

San Francisco has a minimum wage of $10.15 an hour, and there's no shortage of McDonalds or Burger Kings here.

In other words, they can afford it - and if they close, then they are the ones depriving the troops of shitty, unhealthy food - not "Obama".
Easy because the prices went up but few noticed because everything in SFO is so fucking expensive.
Try this shit in Topeka, KS and the price increases to offset the additional labor cost would be felt strongly by the consumer.
Your lack of understanding of business and finances is typical of your side.
"Just pay them"....As though the money to do so just falls from the sky.

It's a lose lose situation if the stay. They stay, and end up paying more for the labor, and they also get pointed out by the "living wage people" that, "see you can pay it there, why not pay it everywhere???"

San Francisco has a minimum wage of $10.15 an hour, and there's no shortage of McDonalds or Burger Kings here.

In other words, they can afford it - and if they close, then they are the ones depriving the troops of shitty, unhealthy food - not "Obama".
Easy because the prices went up but few noticed because everything in SFO is so fucking expensive.
Try this shit in Topeka, KS and the price increases to offset the additional labor cost would be felt strongly by the consumer.
What a shame corporations such as McDonald's and Burger King are so unprofitable.

What a shame corporations such as McDonald's and Burger King are so unprofitable.
Umm, the stores are not owned by the parent company. They are franchises. Owned by small business people. The franchises are very costly. The contract states the franchisee must purchase from the company's vendors. Prices are fixed. So as the owner is paying off the loan for the franchise, they are also paying for supplies and of course utilities, insurance and labor.
Come on....Get with the program.

Last edited:
Then it will become more expensive to eat on base than off base and nobody will eat on base.

We shall see won't we?

I have seen the same gloom and doom predictions every time minimum wage is increased

You want the contract to sell food on base? Meet the terms of the contract
The federal government through political fiat is changing the rules of the game.

I know

Unless these workers are willing to work for barebones wages and no benefits, the very heart of our corporate structure is jeopardized

Stretch out your mind a bit. What if you asked, "If every full time (30 hours a week or more) job paid a living wage..."
...The OP stated "if every job"....No reference was made to "full time"...You made up that. WEAK....FAIL

Then it will become more expensive to eat on base than off base and nobody will eat on base.

We shall see won't we?

I have seen the same gloom and doom predictions every time minimum wage is increased

You want the contract to sell food on base? Meet the terms of the contract
The federal government through political fiat is changing the rules of the game.
Do you have a point to make?

1. SFO is an airport, not a city. San Francisco (or SF) is the city.
2. The prices did NOT go up at the McDonald's or Burger Kings or Taco Bells, etc in San Francisco. They are completely level with fast food prices nationwide.
3. Getting a B in Econ 1 doesn't make you an expert in "Business and finance". The real world is a lot more complicated than you guys seem to think it is.

Simple. The higher wages will drive up the price of meals which will be rejected by the consumers.
It doesn't take a 5th grader to figure out this one.
What's that say about YOU?

Well, since there's empirical evidence that this doesn't happen by default, perhaps the understanding of economics that you learned in 5th grade isn't really enough to explain how the real world works?

Yes says the one that voted for Obama twice with close to 40% of the labor force out of work.

That far left programming at work again, propaganda rules over facts..

Yes says the one that voted for Obama twice with close to 40% of the labor force out of work.

And for the record the far left FDR created the military industrial complex that the far left rails against.

And for the record the far left FDR created the military industrial complex that the far left rails against.

No, the "military industrial complex" formed because we needed a large amount of military equipment, and we needed it fast. FDR didn't "create" it any more than Bill Clinton "created" the Dot Com boom.

For a minute there,I thought the OP was serious

Damned minimum wage!
How many people make minimum wage? Answer:According to: http://www.bls.gov/cps/minwage2013.pdf :
And again there are ONLY 3.3 minimum wage earners of which 1 million are between 16 and 19 and are just that low skill jobs!

In 1980, 15 percent of hourly workers earned the minimum wage.
Today that share is down to only 4.7 percent.
Almost Everything You Have Been Told About The Minimum Wage Is False - Forbes

So I would agree BK,et.al. won't leave the bases... NOPE!
They can simply hire fewer minimum wage workers replacing with self serve, robots... now that the costs of replacing with robots is equaling
minimum wage!
Gartner sees things like robots and drones replacing a third of all workers by 2025, and whether you want to believe it or not, is entirely your business.
One in three jobs will be taken by software or robots by 2025 Computerworld
So where will those minimum wage workers get work experiences????
This minimum wage thing is nothing but an invented political tool used to gin up class envy and support for democrat candidates. Because they have nothing else on which to run their campaigns.
All they have is "the GOP want to take away your...Fill in the blank".
None of which is true.

Military family members get those AAFES jobs

More money coming in to military families and fewer will need food stamps
You can prove that all those positions are filled only by family members of military personnel, of course?
Just kidding. We all know you're just making things up...do carry on, though..
:popcorn:
Most of those jobs are filled by dependents who will now make a better wage. Do we really need military families on food stamps?
Oh...So now it's a job as a fast food joint which now must knuckle under to "you will comply" or food stamps?
Cut the bullshit. If people are working and feel the need to still be on the dole, would it not be a good idea for them to look for ways to improve their skill set and with that become more marketable?

Forum List

Back