The End Of Bk On Military Bases?

You mean the McDonald's menu from 1976?

How is that relevant to this discussion?
You said big mac was never sold for a dollar. I showed you where it was sold for less than a dollar. You didn't say which year.

No, I said the Big Mac was never on "The Dollar Menu".
Yes it was. I used to order 5 of them when I was in high school, 1981. Just because I don't have a link to an image doesn't make it untrue.

The "Dollar Menu" started in 2002, so it's a pretty safe bet the you weren't buying anything off of it 20 years before it debuted.

And the Big Mac has never been on it.

McDonald s Spices Up Dollar Menu Price Attack. - Knight Ridder Tribune Business News HighBeam Research
I remember buying 5 big macs for 5 bucks.

ooOOO and a bag of kringles for 20 bucks. But thats ot.

What makes you think that a $10 minimum wage will "end" McDonalds and Burger King on military bases?

It's a lose lose situation if the stay. They stay, and end up paying more for the labor, and they also get pointed out by the "living wage people" that, "see you can pay it there, why not pay it everywhere???"

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but we can already say that.

San Francisco has a minimum wage of $10.15 an hour, and there's no shortage of McDonalds or Burger Kings here.

In other words, they can afford it - and if they close, then they are the ones depriving the troops of shitty, unhealthy food - not "Obama".

OKay, let's move every military base to San Francisco.

That doesn't make any sense.

Not everyone can afford to pay that much. Not in an economy like ours. Most military bases are in areas with a lower standard of living than San Francisco.

You said big mac was never sold for a dollar. I showed you where it was sold for less than a dollar. You didn't say which year.

Yes it was. I used to order 5 of them when I was in high school, 1981. Just because I don't have a link to an image doesn't make it untrue.

The "Dollar Menu" started in 2002, so it's a pretty safe bet the you weren't buying anything off of it 20 years before it debuted.

McDonald s Spices Up Dollar Menu Price Attack. - Knight Ridder Tribune Business News HighBeam Research

That was back in the early 70s.

McDonalds charges 9 bucks for a Big Mac meal here. BK only charges $5.89 for a Whopper meal on post.

What makes you think that a $10 minimum wage will "end" McDonalds and Burger King on military bases?

It's a lose lose situation if the stay. They stay, and end up paying more for the labor, and they also get pointed out by the "living wage people" that, "see you can pay it there, why not pay it everywhere???"

San Francisco has a minimum wage of $10.15 an hour, and there's no shortage of McDonalds or Burger Kings here.

In other words, they can afford it - and if they close, then they are the ones depriving the troops of shitty, unhealthy food - not "Obama".

Not everyone can afford to pay that much. Not in an economy like ours. Most military bases are in areas with a lower standard of living than San Francisco.

I don't know how many times I need to repeat myself.

The McDonald's, Burger Kings, Carl's Juniors, and In-N-Out Burgers aren't any more expensive in SF than they are anywhere else.

And hey...I bet they they CHARGE MORE! (There was a thread HERE about it: due to higher costs, Subway's $5 sub specials were not valid in Frisco...might have been all of California, not sure.)

Whoever told you that is lying - I bought a "5 dollar footlong" at a Subway in SF a few days ago. Meatball Marinara.
Wow, bet the guy who owns the franchise is an idiot. He's working for peanuts.

Why is he an idiot?

He's making enough of a profit that he can afford the rent in downtown San Francisco. He doesn't seem to be hurting.

I don't doubt that a Big Mac was $1 in 1981.

But there was no "Dollar Menu" - and $1.00 in 1981 dollars equals $2.62 in 2014 dollars.

And hey...I bet they they CHARGE MORE! (There was a thread HERE about it: due to higher costs, Subway's $5 sub specials were not valid in Frisco...might have been all of California, not sure.)

Whoever told you that is lying - I bought a "5 dollar footlong" at a Subway in SF a few days ago. Meatball Marinara.

Why is he an idiot?

He's making enough of a profit that he can afford the rent in downtown San Francisco. He doesn't seem to be hurting.
Because he's renting, not buying.

BTW, California doesn't tax food. They only tax non-consumables. Not every state is like that. Here if the price of a meal jumps $1.50 due to a jump in wages that means your fast food becomes unaffordable. Besides, the military guys will stop patronizing them. They can go to the messhall and get a complete meal for under $5.

One more thought. How many of those concessions hire military dependents?

Are you actually bitching that those dependents will be getting a pay raise?!?

Even more proof of far left programming and propaganda at it's best.

And who programmed you?

The same that programmed you!

Then how come I'm not a weirdo who thinks the liberals want to eliminate the U.S. military?

Why is he an idiot?

BTW, California doesn't tax food. They only tax non-consumables. Not every state is like that. Here if the price of a meal jumps $1.50 due to a jump in wages that means your fast food becomes unaffordable. Besides, the military guys will stop patronizing them. They can go to the messhall and get a complete meal for under $5.

California does tax hot food, and even if it didn't, your premise would still not make any sense.

Taxes are directly passed on to the customer, they don't have anything to do with the owners bottom line.

The far left wants to disband the US military and they will do all they can to do that.

Really? Disband it? No military at all, huh?

Yep! They always want to cut the military budget and if they had their way the military would have no budget.

Why do you question such things?

Of course. Why question such things? You call it far left propaganda, without sources, so I'm not sure why anybody would try to question it with facts.:cuckoo:

One more thought. How many of those concessions hire military dependents?

Are you actually bitching that those dependents will be getting a pay raise?!?

Even more proof of far left programming and propaganda at it's best.

And who programmed you?

The same that programmed you!

Then how come I'm not a weirdo who thinks the liberals want to eliminate the U.S. military?

I said the far left, not liberals. And yes it is true the far left wants to do away with the military..

Liberals. Far left. Yeah! I see how you can get that confused...

The far left wants to disband the US military and they will do all they can to do that.

Really? Disband it? No military at all, huh?

Yep! They always want to cut the military budget and if they had their way the military would have no budget.

Why do you question such things?

Of course. Why question such things? You call it far left propaganda, without sources, so I'm not sure why anybody would try to question it with facts.:cuckoo:

The far left often posts such things "without sources", yet you seem to over look all those posts..

Why is he an idiot?

California does tax hot food, and even if it didn't, your premise would still not make any sense.

Taxes are directly passed on to the customer, they don't have anything to do with the owners bottom line.
They do if the price, including the tax become unaffordable to the customer, and they decide to try other options. I think this is the goal of progressives. To fundamentally change people. Jack up the price of fast food to the point that customers start going elsewhere, and then the business suffers or eventually closes because it can't pay it's bills.
But go ahead and keep believing that this all good for the owner.

I don't know how many times I need to repeat myself.

The McDonald's, Burger Kings, Carl's Juniors, and In-N-Out Burgers aren't any more expensive in SF than they are anywhere else.
That's nonsense and you know it. The price differs everywhere. I've had Pizza Hut and McDonalds in several countries and states and the price is different. In Boston Mass it's $7.96 but in NYC it's $4.80 for a Big Mac meal.

Forget the fact that most waitresses only make tips in restaurants, and don't even get a wage, you're going after McDonalds because they pay somebody $7/hr to flip burgers. Being a waitress/waiter, a good one mind you, is a skill few can master, but assembling burgers on a Mac machine is something a trained monkey can do. They should be paid according to their skills, not according to their rent.If they want to make more then they should have the incentive to gain the skills needed to get a better job and become an asset to society rather than a simply a worker-drone.

McDonalds Big Mac Meal prices

Last edited:
Military family members get those AAFES jobs

More money coming in to military families and fewer will need food stamps
You can prove that all those positions are filled only by family members of military personnel, of course?
Just kidding. We all know you're just making things up...do carry on, though..
:popcorn:
Most of those jobs are filled by dependents who will now make a better wage. Do we really need military families on food stamps?
Oh...So now it's a job as a fast food joint which now must knuckle under to "you will comply" or food stamps?
Cut the bullshit. If people are working and feel the need to still be on the dole, would it not be a good idea for them to look for ways to improve their skill set and with that become more marketable?
You don't want to pay the wages? Give up your contract at military bases. It's a free market, someone else will take your spot
Ahh....So the business owner is just supposed to take it in the shorts. For purely political reasons.
THat is a ridiculous argument. The next one that occupies the space will certainly adjust their prices to reflect the increased labor costs.
Actually, a business owner is supposed to deal with changes to the business environment

They have been reaping the benefits of low minimum wages for years. Now it is catch up time

Wrong statement. It is on Obama for leveling demands on their business. Just because the companies elect NOT to follow Obama's lead, does not excuse Obama as being the 'root cause' of the issue.

-Geaux

Much wasted energy from both side of the debate being wasted here. We are talking about a small demographic who earns minimum wage

-Geaux
========================================

Who makes minimum wage Pew Research Center

Who makes minimum wage?
BY DREW DESILVER58 COMMENTS

Given the continuing campaigns by unions, workers, politicians and others to raise the federal minimum wage, it bears asking: Just who are minimum-wage workers, anyway?

Perhaps surprisingly, not very many people earn minimum wage, and they make up a smaller share of the workforce than they used to. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, last year 1.532 million hourly workers earned the federal minimum of $7.25 an hour; nearly 1.8 million more earned less than that because they fell under one of several exemptions (tipped employees, full-time students, certain disabled workers and others), for a total of 3.3 million hourly workers at or below the federal minimum.

That group represents 4.3% of the nation’s 75.9 million hourly-paid workers and 2.6% of all wage and salary workers. In 1979, when the BLS began regularly studying minimum-wage workers, they represented 13.4% of hourly workers and 7.9% of all wage and salary workers. (Bear in mind that the 3.3 million figure doesn’t include salaried workers, although BLS says relatively few salaried workers are paid at what would translate into below-minimum hourly rates. Also, 23 states, as well as the District of Columbia, havehigher minimum wages than the federal standard; people who earned the state minimum wage in those jurisdictions aren’t included in the 3.3 million total.)

Forum List

Back