The End of Liberalism.

Baby steps to the stars, Baby!

Liberalism as a label ebbs and flows, but liberal thinking, the kind of liberal thinking that led to the French and American Revolutions that established western democracy is alive and well. Even among many who today label themselves as 'conservative'.

Disgusted With Conservatism, America Was Born Liberal.
But Modern American Liberals reject individual liberty and yearn for an All powerful central government.
The idea of having 50 states with 50 different governments is a failed experiment. A central government couldn`t be worse than the mess we have now with ridiculous institutions like the Senate and the Electoral college.

I said it before, but Fascists and Communists love an all powerful Central government

Which is why The Republicans prosecuted a bloody Civil War to make it happen here in America.

Yup. Democrats wanted to keep their slaves and Lincoln could no longer allow that.

Would this fit here?

26195940_10156056986583281_8804460512147303289_n.jpg

Conservatives rant about 'liberty' one minute and the next minute they're ranting about morality.

Morality is the restraint of liberty.

Right, tell us again why we need government to help the poor again? Why does government need to pay for everyone's health care and retirement and welfare?

Oh, that's right, your morality is OK, but anyone else who has moral positions contrary to yours should be shouted down.

My bad.

Because a moral society with the means to do so takes care of its poor and sick.

I've noticed in the United States, a natural community spirit, self initiative, self organising help organisations. Encouragement to help unfortunates. Such as the old lady living alone down the street, and it's snowing.

Puts me in mind of something Ronald Reagan said, which resonated. If you want to hear it.

No I don't need some foreigner thinking he can educate me about Reagan.

Conservatives rant about 'liberty' one minute and the next minute they're ranting about morality.

Right, tell us again why we need government to help the poor again? Why does government need to pay for everyone's health care and retirement and welfare?

Oh, that's right, your morality is OK, but anyone else who has moral positions contrary to yours should be shouted down.

My bad.

Because a moral society with the means to do so takes care of its poor and sick.

I've noticed in the United States, a natural community spirit, self initiative, self organising help organisations. Encouragement to help unfortunates. Such as the old lady living alone down the street, and it's snowing.

Puts me in mind of something Ronald Reagan said, which resonated. If you want to hear it.

I'm not sure anyone is up to that task.

My bad.

It isn't about you. It's about me, and the impression he made on me.

My bad.

So now you're denying you just offered to give me YOUR take on Reagan? lol good one.

My bad.

So now you're denying you just offered to give me YOUR take on Reagan? lol good one.

No. Sounds like you are.

No. Sounds like you are.

Okay, tell us something totally awesome about Reagan that you think none of us knows. Or even if you think we already know it.

This is what would happen with the end of liberalism. I don't think you understand what liberalism is?
I don’t think YOU understand. You are not a liberal. I am. Thomas Jefferson was. You are a chunky hyena semen gargling COMMIE. You goddamn statist authoritarian Bolsheviks have hijacked and grotesquely bastardized the word.
The Regressive Left has distorted the word almost beyond recognition.

They hold some views that are consistent with liberalism, and that has been their entré, their leverage.

But the rest is a mutation, a perversion.

Which is why they changed their name to Progressive.

No. Sounds like you are.

Okay, tell us something totally awesome about Reagan that you think none of us knows. Or even if you think we already know it.

Not if you ask me in that taunting manner.

This is what would happen with the end of liberalism. I don't think you understand what liberalism is?
I don’t think YOU understand. You are not a liberal. I am. Thomas Jefferson was. You are a chunky hyena semen gargling COMMIE. You goddamn statist authoritarian Bolsheviks have hijacked and grotesquely bastardized the word.
The Regressive Left has distorted the word almost beyond recognition.

They hold some views that are consistent with liberalism, and that has been their entré, their leverage.

But the rest is a mutation, a perversion.

Which is why they changed their name to Progressive.
Yeah, that's actually the first indication that gets my attention...

:laugh:

Liberalism as a label ebbs and flows, but liberal thinking, the kind of liberal thinking that led to the French and American Revolutions that established western democracy is alive and well. Even among many who today label themselves as 'conservative'.

But Modern American Liberals reject individual liberty and yearn for an All powerful central government.
The idea of having 50 states with 50 different governments is a failed experiment. A central government couldn`t be worse than the mess we have now with ridiculous institutions like the Senate and the Electoral college.

I said it before, but Fascists and Communists love an all powerful Central government

Which is why The Republicans prosecuted a bloody Civil War to make it happen here in America.

Let me give you a little history lesson.

The Founding Fathers fought a bloody Civil war to gain their freedom over a oppressive government that they were not free to speak out against.

Then they gained their freedom and did the inexplicable. They passed the Alien and Sedition Act making it illegal to speak out against the government. If it had not been for Thomas Jefferson vowing to over turn the acts, the country would have had a much darker history than it does not.

Oddly, before doing away with the acts he used some of the provisions himself to help himself. FDR used some of the provisions that Jefferson could not get rid of to lock up innocent Japanese Americans during WW2.

And that is the battle. The battle is who ever wears the ring of power changes and bends towards fascism. It is a conundrum, and is why a all powerful centralized government is a death blow to liberty no matter the party in charge.

No. Sounds like you are.

lol, a classic weasel-out maneuver.

No. Sounds like you are.

lol, a classic weasel-out maneuver.

No it isn't. It's playing your game.

The Founding Fathers fought a bloody Civil war to gain their freedom over a oppressive government that they were not free to speak out against.

Then they gained their freedom and did the inexplicable. They passed the Alien and Sedition Act making it illegal to speak out against the government. If it had not been for Thomas Jefferson vowing to over turn the acts, the country would have had a much darker history than it does not.

Oddly, before doing away with the acts he used some of the provisions himself to help himself. FDR used some of the provisions that Jefferson could not get rid of to lock up innocent Japanese Americans during WW2.

And that is the battle. The battle is who ever wears the ring of power changes and bends towards fascism. It is a conundrum, and is why a all powerful centralized government is a death blow to liberty no matter the party in charge.
The Founding Fathers fought a war so they can grab the Indian lands that King George 3 wouldn`t allow them to have.
Proclamation of 1763 - October 7, 1763

The Founding Fathers fought a war so they can grab the Indian lands that King George 3 wouldn`t allow them to have.
Proclamation of 1763 - October 7, 1763

I thought it was because they didn't want to pay for the French Indian War.

Yup. Democrats wanted to keep their slaves and Lincoln could no longer allow that.
Close... Democrats wanted to exercise states rights on a LOT of issues and the republicans thought it best to dictate things from DC.

So much so that they were willing to kill large numbers of Americans to drive the point home.

Irony ROCKS!! :rock:

Forum List

Back