The End of Spanish?

Maybe when you grow up you'll consider something other than trolling 100% of the time.

No, you're wrong. He's right. I live around LOTS of people here legally and illegally.
Spanish speaking people do NOT want to learn English.
They generally want English speaking people in the US to adapt.

Maybe in your small classroom it's different? Don't know.
But I'm sure I live around more Spanish speaking people than you do. (if you're in the USA)
Unless you're in Los Angeles. And then it's close.

Last edited:
A lot of people seem to have this fantasy of great great grandpa walking off the boat and becoming completely fluent in English over the next few weeks. Obviously not based in reality. First generation immigrants usually exhibit a range of success in acquiring English if it was not one of their languages upon arrival. Second-generation immigrants, those first born here in this country, tend to be more likely to be bilingual. The third generation - for several reasons - generally use English only even in the home.
Generally Only people that could aSimulate to American values came here, speak English, it wasn’t until welfare came along Spanish came over in droves

.... I live around LOTS of people here legally and illegally.
Spanish speaking people do NOT want to learn English......

You are greatly mistaken. You "live around" people, and jitler-boy there mumbles at his shoes about people he fears, but I understand this issue on a level you may not appreciate. There is actual data and research involved in linguistic and cultural adaption. Your living around people does not grant any understanding of personal and familial dynamics and the circumstances under which they may be laboring. Immigrants today want to learn English, and they really, really, really want their children to learn English, assimilate and live successful lives in America.

A lot of people seem to have this fantasy of great great grandpa walking off the boat and becoming completely fluent in English over the next few weeks. Obviously not based in reality. First generation immigrants usually exhibit a range of success in acquiring English if it was not one of their languages upon arrival. Second-generation immigrants, those first born here in this country, tend to be more likely to be bilingual. The third generation - for several reasons - generally use English only even in the home.
Generally Only people that could aSimulate to American values came here, speak English, it wasn’t until welfare came along Spanish came over in droves

How can you be so ignorant of American History?

How can you be so ignorant of American History?
Sorry little man. Just facts

Message boards are open forums where all are free to express ideas.

So, you are answering for dumbass? He certainly could use the help.

I'm answering your fallacy.

And what do you imagine that to be?

You see the support of a unified nation with a common language and culture as weak? :dunno:

This is why you shouldn’t butt in. I was speaking to dumbass, and referring to his personal weakness. If you want to be his hero, you’re going to have to follow along more carefully.

I get it, you want a personal and emotional fight. But the broad principles you are tripping over are flat out wrong. Balkanizing a nation is the path to destruction.

If the economies and political systems of most Latin American countries were to stabilize, and immigration from that part of the world consequently fall to a low, steady level, it is possible that the Spanish language - of which some people here seem so afraid - might very well disappear as a first or even second language in the US (for all statistical purposes).

Some people would have to find something else to panic about unnecessarily.
''''seem afraid'''---hahahahahhahahahahah
you people pull a lot of crap from your a$$es
please explain ''afraid'''

There have been more than a few posts here featuring people whining because they overheard someone else’s private conversation that wasn’t in English, or bemoaning the trauma of “press one.” There are people ignorantly complaining about an imagined “refusal” to learn English, and entire threads devoted to breathlessly wondering if Spanish will become the official language of the US (when it is obvious that we will never have any official language nationally).
Well that’s the whole point why should foreigners be able to communicate in a different language around us if they want to In America? How does that make sense? That’s always going To be a issue..

You openly support conflict.. you are hateful you don’t like Latinos. It’s clear. I’m trying to help them assimilate to avoid conflict with the great race.

Because that’s the way it has always been, jitler.

When this country was founded, nearly 10% of Americans spoke German.

Did German almost become America’s official language in 1795? - National Constitution Center

If the economies and political systems of most Latin American countries were to stabilize, and immigration from that part of the world consequently fall to a low, steady level, it is possible that the Spanish language - of which some people here seem so afraid - might very well disappear as a first or even second language in the US (for all statistical purposes).

There have been more than a few posts here featuring people whining because they overheard someone else’s private conversation that wasn’t in English, or bemoaning the trauma of “press one.” There are people ignorantly complaining about an imagined “refusal” to learn English, and entire threads devoted to breathlessly wondering if Spanish will become the official language of the US (when it is obvious that we will never have any official language nationally).
Well that’s the whole point why should foreigners be able to communicate in a different language around us if they want to In America? How does that make sense? That’s always going To be a issue..

You openly support conflict.. you are hateful you don’t like Latinos. It’s clear. I’m trying to help them assimilate to avoid conflict with the great race.

Did German almost become America’s official language in 1795? - National Constitution Center
I’m sure they did know German, and our founding fathers hated Germans.. and I stand with the founders speak English or get out

I’m sure they did know German, and our founding fathers hated Germans.. and I stand with the founders speak English or get out

No they didn’t.

¡Eres un idiota!

No they didn’t.

¡Eres un idiota!
Sorry we don’t like you
A history of American anti-immigrant bias, starting with Ben Franklin's hatred of Germans

No they didn’t.

¡Eres un idiota!
Sorry we don’t like you
A history of American anti-immigrant bias, starting with Ben Franklin's hatred of Germans

Eso son solo algunos, jitler lol

There have been speakers of many languages in America since before it was America, and every day since.

So, you are answering for dumbass? He certainly could use the help.

You see the support of a unified nation with a common language and culture as weak? :dunno:

This is why you shouldn’t butt in. I was speaking to dumbass, and referring to his personal weakness. If you want to be his hero, you’re going to have to follow along more carefully.

I get it, you want a personal and emotional fight. But the broad principles you are tripping over are flat out wrong. Balkanizing a nation is the path to destruction.

What principles are you imagining?

A common culture with a common language.

The foundation of every civilization in history.

No they didn’t.

¡Eres un idiota!
Sorry we don’t like you

You will never be accepted here .. take care lol

What principles!? Lol can you read what he wrote?

There is actual data and research involved in linguistic and cultural adaption. Immigrants today want to learn English, and they really, really, really want their children to learn English, assimilate and live successful lives in America.

No they didn’t.

¡Eres un idiota!
Sorry we don’t like you

He’s more accepted than you.

A common culture with a common language.

The foundation of every civilization in history.

The greatest civilization in the history of the world has always been made of many peoples, cultures, and languages.

No they didn’t.

¡Eres un idiota!
Sorry we don’t like you

He’s more accepted than you.
I’m the rule.. impossible lol

Forum List

Back