The fact that I believe that sexual preference is a choice

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Does not mean that I think you have to change your preference. The people that think my beliefs make me a bigot are the ones with the problem here.

Get over it.

I don't know if it's a preference or innate. Nor do I care.

Gays are sinners. But so am I. So are you. So is everybody. I don't hate anyone because they sin differently than I do.

I support gay marriage (more on that in a moment), but the thought of gay sex repulses me. But some forms of straight sex repulse me, too. I'll stay out of everyone else's bedrooms if they stay out of mine. Deal?

Supporting gay marriage is, I believe, a very conservative position, and also a Christian one. Let me explain.

You can't legislate morality. Sins committed in the heart are just as hurtful in God's eyes as sins committed physically. A thief who steals is just as sinful as a thief who WANTS to steal but doesn't. In places where gay marriage is illegal, there are still gays. A lack of marriage is not preventing anyone from being gay. Nor will legalizing gay marriage cause more people to be gay.

Gays are here to stay. They're not going anywhere. There's no reason they should not be granted the same rights as straights.

Of course, the ultimate conservative position is to get government out of the marriage business altogether. But that's not likely to happen.

Does not mean that I think you have to change your preference. The people that think my beliefs make me a bigot are the ones with the problem here.

Get over it.

People have no power over their sexual identity.

But I am happy that you don't think people should have to change.

Why is it that people have a hard time accepting gays, but they had no problem when they were being killed for being gay...???

Great. Let's hug it out :thup:

Please excuse the gay people from not joining the hug. They're pissed about being discriminated against or something or other.

I only hug boobs, but I will consider a man if the donation is large....

Get over it.

People have power over everything they do, it is called free will. Free will is the basis of every right we have, and no one should ever be permitted to force others to change simply because they disagree with them. Someday you may be adult enough not to want other people to change to make your life more comfortable.

Get over it.

People have power over everything they do, it is called free will. Free will is the basis of every right we have, and no one should ever be permitted to force others to change simply because they disagree with them. Someday you may be adult enough not to want other people to change to make your life more comfortable.

Well now you sound like a dick. Don't you see that? :doubt:

The fact that I believe that sexual preference is a choice does not mean that I think you have to change your preference. The people that think my beliefs make me a bigot are the ones with the problem here.

Get over it.

This should actually have read:

The fact that I believe that sexual preference is a choice does not mean that I think you have to change your preference. And if you think that sexual preference is not a choice, well, you better not try to get me to change my mind. And you better not fucking try to get married.

Get over it.

A gay man can choose to have sex with a woman, but his sexuality will never change.

Well now you sound like a dick. Don't you see that? :doubt:

And? Am I supposed to pretend that we don't have rights because it offends some people that we do? I see that as thier fucking problem, not mine.

The fact that I believe that sexual preference is a choice does not mean that I think you have to change your preference. The people that think my beliefs make me a bigot are the ones with the problem here.

Get over it.

This should actually have read:

The fact that I believe that sexual preference is a choice does not mean that I think you have to change your preference. And if you think that sexual preference is not a choice, well, you better not try to get me to change my mind. And you better not fucking try to get married.

Feel free to try to get me to change my mind, just don't expect me to do it in the basis of your astrological sign.

As for the rest of your comment, feel free to point out how me insisting that people are free means they can't get married, if you can actually construct a chain of logic for that wild jump.

A gay man can choose to have sex with a woman, but his sexuality will never change.

You are 100% right, he will always be a man.

I don't know if it's a preference or innate. Nor do I care.

Gays are sinners. But so am I. So are you. So is everybody. I don't hate anyone because they sin differently than I do.

I support gay marriage (more on that in a moment), but the thought of gay sex repulses me. But some forms of straight sex repulse me, too. I'll stay out of everyone else's bedrooms if they stay out of mine. Deal?

Supporting gay marriage is, I believe, a very conservative position, and also a Christian one. Let me explain.

You can't legislate morality. Sins committed in the heart are just as hurtful in God's eyes as sins committed physically. A thief who steals is just as sinful as a thief who WANTS to steal but doesn't. In places where gay marriage is illegal, there are still gays. A lack of marriage is not preventing anyone from being gay. Nor will legalizing gay marriage cause more people to be gay.

Gays are here to stay. They're not going anywhere. There's no reason they should not be granted the same rights as straights.

Of course, the ultimate conservative position is to get government out of the marriage business altogether. But that's not likely to happen.

Left god aside, I agree with that.

Only, I really would not like to be a judge ruling a gay divorce.
And they are to come.

O.k., I'm a bad, bad person.

The fact that I believe that sexual preference is a choice

…is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

The issue has nothing to do with whether one seeks to compel gay Americans to ‘change their preference’ or not, the issue concerns the bigotry that manifests when those hostile to gay Americans attempt to justify discriminating against gay Americans by maintaining that in order for gay Americans to end the discrimination, they need only ‘stop being gay’ because it’s a ‘preference.’

That one is gay as a consequence of birth or choice in no way mitigates the fact that gay Americans are entitled to Constitutional protections.

Forum List

Back