The fact that I believe that sexual preference is a choice

Does not mean that I think you have to change your preference. The people that think my beliefs make me a bigot are the ones with the problem here.

Get over it.

Thing is, as a hetero male I have no idea if the gay life is chosen or genetic so if you have that knowledge I'm forced to conclude that you have some gayness in you which perhaps you've suppressed. Congrats ... I guess. :D

…is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

The issue has nothing to do with whether one seeks to compel gay Americans to ‘change their preference’ or not, the issue concerns the bigotry that manifests when those hostile to gay Americans attempt to justify discriminating against gay Americans by maintaining that in order for gay Americans to end the discrimination, they need only ‘stop being gay’ because it’s a ‘preference.’

That one is gay as a consequence of birth or choice in no way mitigates the fact that gay Americans are entitled to Constitutional protections.

Negged for not reading my OP.

Does not mean that I think you have to change your preference. The people that think my beliefs make me a bigot are the ones with the problem here.

Get over it.

Thing is, as a hetero male I have no idea if the gay life is chosen or genetic so if you have that knowledge I'm forced to conclude that you have some gayness in you which perhaps you've suppressed. Congrats ... I guess. :D

The thing is, as a heterosexual male, you have the exact same ability to chose as anyone else. The fact that you feel a need to defend your position, whatever it is, by using sexual preference as an insult makes you the bigot.

Get over it.

Doesn't really matter what you think or what your opinion is.

Get over THAT and

MYOB

Get over it.

The thing is, as a heterosexual male, you have the exact same ability to chose as anyone else. The fact that you feel a need to defend your position, whatever it is, by using sexual preference as an insult makes you the bigot.

Actually, its you who needs to defend his position.

You believe you have a choice to be gay or straight and you started this link and you post it all over the board.

Why do you feel you must screech about it all over the board? Do you think that someone thinks you're gay?

Honestly, I doubt anyone cares.

Get over it.

Doesn't really matter what you think or what your opinion is.

Get over THAT and

MYOB

Damn, another idiot that can't read.

Care to point out where I ever said it is my business? You do know how to use the search function, don't you? It shouldn't take you more than 500 years where I ever said that who anyone sleeps with is my business.

You believe you have a choice to be gay or straight and you started this link and you post it all over the board.

Why do you feel you must screech about it all over the board? Do you think that someone thinks you're gay?

I don't need to defend my position, it is based on actual science. If you don't believe me, feel free to start a thread all about your psuedo scientific beliefs that people are programmed to do whatever, and I will destroy your attempt to prove how stupid you are.

By the way, why is my sexual preference an issue? Can you point out somewhere where I took exception to people implying that I am gay? Is your attempt to deflect into my sexuality simply a sign of your bigotry?

I don't know if it's a preference or innate. Nor do I care.

Gays are sinners. But so am I. So are you. So is everybody. I don't hate anyone because they sin differently than I do.

I support gay marriage (more on that in a moment), but the thought of gay sex repulses me. But some forms of straight sex repulse me, too. I'll stay out of everyone else's bedrooms if they stay out of mine. Deal?

Supporting gay marriage is, I believe, a very conservative position, and also a Christian one. Let me explain.

You can't legislate morality. Sins committed in the heart are just as hurtful in God's eyes as sins committed physically. A thief who steals is just as sinful as a thief who WANTS to steal but doesn't. In places where gay marriage is illegal, there are still gays. A lack of marriage is not preventing anyone from being gay. Nor will legalizing gay marriage cause more people to be gay.

Gays are here to stay. They're not going anywhere. There's no reason they should not be granted the same rights as straights.

Of course, the ultimate conservative position is to get government out of the marriage business altogether. But that's not likely to happen.

Left god aside, I agree with that.

Only, I really would not like to be a judge ruling a gay divorce.
And they are to come.

O.k., I'm a bad, bad person.
The first gay marriage in the US ended in divorce in 2004.

First Gay Marriage, Now Gay Divorce | Fox News

I don't need to defend my position, it is based on actual science. If you don't believe me, feel free to start a thread all about your psuedo scientific beliefs that people are programmed to do whatever, and I will destroy your attempt to prove how stupid you are.

By the way, why is my sexual preference an issue? Can you point out somewhere where I took exception to people implying that I am gay? Is your attempt to deflect into my sexuality simply a sign of your bigotry?

Hey, you posted the thread. Answer your own questions.

I was busy answering the question at a thread I started. Except that I answered with FACTS.

Bears perform oral sex - Page 7 - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

:lmao:

Hey, you posted the thread. Answer your own questions.

I was busy answering the question at a thread I started. Except that I answered with FACTS.

Bears perform oral sex - Page 7 - US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

:lmao:

Yeah, facts that did not back up your claim, because your claim is bullshit.

Get over it.

How is it a choice? I like guys. I don't choose to like guys, I just ... do. I don't see that changing and that I will 'choose' to like girls.

Gays are sinners. But so am I. So are you. So is everybody. I don't hate anyone because they sin differently than I do.

I support gay marriage (more on that in a moment), but the thought of gay sex repulses me. But some forms of straight sex repulse me, too. I'll stay out of everyone else's bedrooms if they stay out of mine. Deal?

Supporting gay marriage is, I believe, a very conservative position, and also a Christian one. Let me explain.

You can't legislate morality. Sins committed in the heart are just as hurtful in God's eyes as sins committed physically. A thief who steals is just as sinful as a thief who WANTS to steal but doesn't. In places where gay marriage is illegal, there are still gays. A lack of marriage is not preventing anyone from being gay. Nor will legalizing gay marriage cause more people to be gay.

Gays are here to stay. They're not going anywhere. There's no reason they should not be granted the same rights as straights.

Of course, the ultimate conservative position is to get government out of the marriage business altogether. But that's not likely to happen.

You can only discriminate if your condition is one you are born with.

Mark

The issue has nothing to do with whether one seeks to compel gay Americans to ‘change their preference’ or not, the issue concerns the bigotry that manifests when those hostile to gay Americans attempt to justify discriminating against gay Americans by maintaining that in order for gay Americans to end the discrimination, they need only ‘stop being gay’ because it’s a ‘preference.’

That one is gay as a consequence of birth or choice in no way mitigates the fact that gay Americans are entitled to Constitutional protections.

"Choice" should never give you Constitutional protection. It opens a Pandora's box that no one wants to face.

Mark

Mark
Do you mean "...only be discriminated against if your condition..."?

If so, that's incorrect. People can be discriminated against for their political views, for instance, which are not innate.

Mark

"Choice" should never give you Constitutional protection. It opens a Pandora's box that no one wants to face.

Mark

So a man is born white. A woman is born black. Neither race was denied Civil Marriage.

A white man chooses to fall in love with a black woman (and she with him) yet that choice (or behavior) was denied Civil Marriage and the SCOTUS found that unconstitutional.

Are you saying the Court erred in overturn anti-interracial laws or are you saying that desiring to marry someone of a different race is something you are born with. If the latter can you provide the gene that controls this?

>>>>

Mark

Mark

So a man is born white. A woman is born black. Neither race was denied Civil Marriage.

A white man chooses to fall in love with a black woman (and she with him) yet that choice (or behavior) was denied Civil Marriage and the SCOTUS found that unconstitutional.

Are you saying the Court erred in overturn anti-interracial laws or are you saying that desiring to marry someone of a different race is something you are born with. If the latter can you provide the gene that controls this?

>>>>

A WHITE MAN IS JUST A MAN,A BLACK WOMAN IS JUST A WOMAN, GOD'S LAW IS MARRAGE IS BETWEEN MEN AND WOMEN,COLOR IS IRRELEVANT!!! Duh!!!

Get over it.

How is it a choice? I like guys. I don't choose to like guys, I just ... do. I don't see that changing and that I will 'choose' to like girls.

Then don't, but if you want to know what the science actually says feel free to look at any of the threads where I laid out the evidence.

Mark

Yet it does, unless you think the 1st Amendment doesn't apply to religion.

QWB, get in folks' faces with your opinions, you will be the one having problems.

If you don't like my opinion, get out of my face.

Stay out of my space, and we have no problem.

You are simply unhappy that the entitlement religion is not longer entitled to act the fool without being called out.

I am not the one that brought religion into this, you are, but feel free to keep showing how you can't actually debate anyone.

Forum List

Back