The Flint Water Crisis: An insight into Republicanism.

There is an eerie silence on these boards about the ongoing water scandal in Flint Michigan with good reason. This crisis uncovers a republican tendency to do things that end up being detrimental to their constituents and everyone living near them.

The Snyder administration sparked the chain of events that led to the crisis back in April, 2014 amid a financial downturn. To save money, the decision to switch Flint's water source from Lake Huron to the Flint River was made on the ill fated advise of a state sanctioned emergency manager to Flint.

Noteworthy is the revelation that the Flint River had long had a reputation for being nasty when the state made the switch.. But the burgeoning indifference doesn't stop there. A 2011 study indicated that Flint River water had to be treated with anti- corrosion agents before it could be fit for human consumption. That didn't happen. Therein lies the culpability...the republicans dropped the ball and, either through abject stupidity or indifference, they failed those who put their trust ini them.

There is more. The callousness of these Michigan republicans underlines the inclination of the GOP to put material interests above human interests. Michael Pitt, a member of the law team representing the victims, puts it this way:

"He further lambasted state officials who, he alleged, learned of elevated lead levels in children's blood in 2014 and did nothing."

"They were staring at a public health emergency, and they sat on it for over 10 months," he said, further criticizing leaders who assured residents the water was safe when they knew it wasn't true"..

If what Pitt said is true, there is an element of criminality here.

Although these developments are shocking, I am not surprised by the cold insensitiveness of the Michigan republicans towards the people of Flint. Republicans have been against everything that makes America a better place to live for all classes of Americans. Some of the things republicans have tried to undermine is social security, MEDICARE and, ironically, the EPA. If they had their way there would be NO safety nets and the Great Depression might never have ended. Child labor would still be an ongoing phenomenon.

Given the historical agenda of republicanism...it should be clear that their actions speak louder than their words. If Trump wins, I fear the Flint water crisis gives us a glimpse of things to come. With a GOP congress, and GOP USSC to compliment Trumps in the White House..... be afraid...for nothing you breathe, drink or eat will be safe.

I tend to find Michael Moore quite a blow hard but in this case arrests need to be made. Lawsuits will be filed and the plaintiffs will win and only ones who will be punished will be the taxpayers.

I saw an interview with Erin Brockovich and it turns out that Flint is just one of many cities with dangerously contaminated water but what happen in Flint is a clear case of depraved indifference. They were warned, they knew what they were doing was wrong but they did it anyway.

59 of our military bases have similar problems.
Military Sites on the EPA Superfund List - Veterans Information
US Military Bases Known To Be Contaminated - Gmasw.com
Camp Lejeune water contamination - Wikipedia, the free ...

The problems at Camp Lejune began in 1953 and it was not until Democratic Senator Kay Hagan and President Obama took the bull by the horns and signed the Janey Ensminger act so that the victims could get treatment. It took and act of congress to do the right thing. Perhaps it's time for the people to start going Robes Pierre on these Republican corporate gangsters?

I mention military bases because someone is going to try to play the race card on this one. While this is certainly about the poor it most definitely about what the OP has stated. Republicans today could screw up a one man parade.

I would like to feed the Republican involved the contaminated water at gun point. The will send a message.

This problem is fixable.
It's like a guy at my work said. They'd solve our energy problem tomorrow if we didn't have so much oil in the ground and if rich people weren't getting rich from oil..

There is an eerie silence on these boards about the ongoing water scandal in Flint Michigan with good reason. This crisis uncovers a republican tendency to do things that end up being detrimental to their constituents and everyone living near them.

The Snyder administration sparked the chain of events that led to the crisis back in April, 2014 amid a financial downturn. To save money, the decision to switch Flint's water source from Lake Huron to the Flint River was made on the ill fated advise of a state sanctioned emergency manager to Flint.

Noteworthy is the revelation that the Flint River had long had a reputation for being nasty when the state made the switch.. But the burgeoning indifference doesn't stop there. A 2011 study indicated that Flint River water had to be treated with anti- corrosion agents before it could be fit for human consumption. That didn't happen. Therein lies the culpability...the republicans dropped the ball and, either through abject stupidity or indifference, they failed those who put their trust ini them.

There is more. The callousness of these Michigan republicans underlines the inclination of the GOP to put material interests above human interests. Michael Pitt, a member of the law team representing the victims, puts it this way:

"He further lambasted state officials who, he alleged, learned of elevated lead levels in children's blood in 2014 and did nothing."

"They were staring at a public health emergency, and they sat on it for over 10 months," he said, further criticizing leaders who assured residents the water was safe when they knew it wasn't true"..

If what Pitt said is true, there is an element of criminality here.

Although these developments are shocking, I am not surprised by the cold insensitiveness of the Michigan republicans towards the people of Flint. Republicans have been against everything that makes America a better place to live for all classes of Americans. Some of the things republicans have tried to undermine is social security, MEDICARE and, ironically, the EPA. If they had their way there would be NO safety nets and the Great Depression might never have ended. Child labor would still be an ongoing phenomenon.

Given the historical agenda of republicanism...it should be clear that their actions speak louder than their words. If Trump wins, I fear the Flint water crisis gives us a glimpse of things to come. With a GOP congress, and GOP USSC to compliment Trumps in the White House..... be afraid...for nothing you breathe, drink or eat will be safe.

I tend to find Michael Moore quite a blow hard but in this case arrests need to be made. Lawsuits will be filed and the plaintiffs will win and only ones who will be punished will be the taxpayers.

I saw an interview with Erin Brockovich and it turns out that Flint is just one of many cities with dangerously contaminated water but what happen in Flint is a clear case of depraved indifference. They were warned, they knew what they were doing was wrong but they did it anyway.

59 of our military bases have similar problems.
Military Sites on the EPA Superfund List - Veterans Information
US Military Bases Known To Be Contaminated - Gmasw.com
Camp Lejeune water contamination - Wikipedia, the free ...

The problems at Camp Lejune began in 1953 and it was not until Democratic Senator Kay Hagan and President Obama took the bull by the horns and signed the Janey Ensminger act so that the victims could get treatment. It took and act of congress to do the right thing. Perhaps it's time for the people to start going Robes Pierre on these Republican corporate gangsters?

I mention military bases because someone is going to try to play the race card on this one. While this is certainly about the poor it most definitely about what the OP has stated. Republicans today could screw up a one man parade.

I would like to feed the Republican involved the contaminated water at gun point. The will send a message.

This problem is fixable.
It's like a guy at my work said. They'd solve our energy problem tomorrow if we didn't have so much oil in the ground and if rich people weren't getting rich from oil..

I think that clean energy in inevitable and all the Rethuglicans do is slow it down. The Saudis see the writing on the wall. photo voltaic technology has improved.

Crude oil prices have dropped a lot. Oil will become worth less.

I love how you leftists blame successful people for your problems.

People on the "left" are more affluent than the righties by far. The trailer dwelling cousin marrying confederate flag waving rednecks blame everything on Obama even though it was Bush and the corporate Rethuglicans who crashed the economy.

People on the "left" are more affluent than the righties by far. The trailer dwelling cousin marrying confederate flag waving rednecks blame everything on Obama even though it was Bush and the corporate Rethuglicans who crashed the economy.
Lol your idol Barry The Blamer has flushed this country into a cesspool of third world sewage as the world laughs. And you libtards think that it's pretty cool as you pick your noses while your collective heads cave in. Fools - all of you.

Lol your idol Barry The Blamer has flushed this country into a cesspool of third world sewage as the world laughs. And you libtards think that it's pretty cool as you pick your noses while your collective heads cave in. Fools - all of you.

It's a tribute to the First Amendment that a gun toting sister marrying brown shirt like you is free to spout such nonsense.

It's a tribute to the First Amendment that a gun toting sister marrying brown shirt like you is free to spout such nonsense.
You Takers are funny. Keep them hands out libtard.

If you equate success with being wealthy, You've got a bigger problem then any leftist I know! Family, friends , shelter food and love is success to leftists. And er... having good clean drinking water!

I turned my ears in all directions and I don't hear anyone laughing. What I see is envy and people immigrating here to enjoy the fruits of their labors. provided by democrats.. No child labor, 40 hr work weeks are pretty standard, FMLA, Social Security, collective bargaining, and among other things... a chance to get a good education...Bernie Sanders might even make that last benefit a free one... That's LOVE for American people... heh heh heh!

If you equate success with being wealthy, You've got a bigger problem then any leftist I know! Family, friends , shelter food and love is success to leftists. And er... having good clean drinking water!

People on the left are more affluent than the righties because the lefties are smarter, better educated, more creative, more moral and they work harder. The most impoverished and morally bankrupt states are the Red States.

You Takers are funny. Keep them hands out libtard.

I love kicking your butt with facts. The taker states are the Red States. Republicanism is corporate welfare and welfare for the Bible Belt

non-payers-by-state.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

give-take-small-final.png

People on the left are more affluent than the righties because the lefties are smarter, better educated, more creative, more moral and they work harder. The most impoverished and morally bankrupt states are the Red States.
I think it is more complex than that but for the RW idiots that dominate this board, I'll keep it simple and agree with you....

I think it is more complex than that but for the RW idiots that dominate this board, I'll keep it simple and agree with you....

It's a bit more complicated. There's genetics and culture involved as well.
Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll

Getting a PhD takes brains, work and dedication. Certainly red state dwellers have poor work ethics which may be a throwback to slavery.

Red State dwellers pray to Jesus for the stuff they want instead of making it happen.

Ignorance is bliss to a rightie. Finding out that the earth is round, and not 5000 years old is something they don't want to know.

Give your average Republican voter a large gun collection, a gas guzzling truck, a carton of Marlboro cigarettes, mooshine, pulled pork, right wing radio, a white robe and a dunce cap and a confederate battle flag and they're happier than a pig in shit.

Screen-Shot-2013-08-05-at-2.17.57-AM.png

How did he do that? And why is Canada and Germany higher than us on the best country list? Stop with this Barry ruined America bullshit. Your party did it and you voted for it.

Do you want workers to make more? Then vote democratic you fool

How did he do that? And why is Canada and Germany higher than us on the best country list? Stop with this Barry ruined America bullshit. Your party did it and you voted for it.

Wrong. Your party did it and you voted for it.

He did that by focusing on income redistribution rather than job creation.

We want to shrink Government to a size we can drown in a bath tub full of leaded water...we are Republicans...we don't give shit about anyone or anything but the rich and their wealth...fuck you America...this is no country for "Little People"...your GOP

He did that by focusing on income redistribution rather than job creation.

Wow...and still the unemployment rate dropped by half during his presidency. We've had the longest stretch of uninterrupted private sector job growth in history.

Funny how the facts don't square with the ODS ain't it?

Forum List

Back