The Front Porch Swing

They make me happy. :)

I take afternoon naps. Yesterday morning Mrs. Blood tells me she saw on CBS This Morning that afternoon naps may not be good for you. So yesterday afternoon I walk in the bedroom and there is Mrs. Blood...taking a nap.

I can't do naps. Never could. I'm slow to wake up but once I do, that's it until I crash. They're supposed to be good for ya if you can do it.

Me, if I ever nap it means either I'm sick or I got no sleep the night before.

I can not remember that last day that I did not take a nap.

My hero, Harry Truman, took a nap every day. if it was good enough for him, it is good enough for me!

BTW, I finally reached the AZ Department of Revenue, and they told me that they never received my tax return, so I sent it by mail yesterday. I don't owe any taxes, but they owe me $25. I am NOT making this up...AZ gives everyone $25 a year in tax refunds who has not spent any time in prison during the year! The citizenship standards goal is not very high down here.

Last edited:
BTW, I finally reached the AZ Department of Revenue, and they told me that they never received my tax return, so I sent it by mail yesterday. I don't owe any taxes, but they owe me $25. I am NOT making this up...AZ gives everyone $25 a year in tax refunds who has not spent any time in prison during the year! The citizenship standards goal is not very high down here.

:lmao:

omg. Too funny.

Hope it's a good one!

aea0495d6128f7495e28e936eaac411f.jpg

This is what happens to me.

f535c8c67e30891c28191ad6af470c62.jpg

Especially right now, as I am reading about life in the White House as Chief Usher.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Upstairs-White-House-First-Ladies/dp/069810546X]Upstairs at the White House: My Life With the First Ladies: J. B West, Mary Lynn Kotz: 9780698105461: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

My weekend starts today! :eusa_angel:
We had a crappy winter that carried into a month of Spring and after constant rain that's supposed to start again Sunday, it's supposed to be nice today plus Saturday. So I took today off. That way I'll at least have two out of three decent days to be outside.
Going to grill tonite and tomorrow night. I'm going to do some hiking even though it could be muddy, that's why I paid $150 for hiking shoes. Sit on the deck and have a beer. Clean up the yard of sticks and other winter debris. In the long run, enjoy being outside.:eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back