The Front Porch Swing

Random found image ahead:

WTF.jpg

Those damn things are coming back. I hates them!

Kitty cat seems to be mesmerized by it!

Catnip inside?

The stoop is now 9 days old and this is likely going to be posting number 1063.

1063 / 11 = 96.63 posts per day

96.63 * 365 = 35,272 per year, at this rate.

But I bet the stoop is about to pick up steam.... is turning into one of the nicest, friendliest spots in all of USMB, thanks to [MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION]s's idea and [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]'s changes in the forum.

Cool, very cool.

No more numbers! :eusa_hand: Thanks, but we don't need to be singing our own praises. I do have to say though, I am VERY grateful to CK for opening the lounge.

He's a good egg.

Alrighty! I promise to only do it once a year, now....

Sir Statalot can only stay away from numbers for so long.... :lol:

Not if Sir Statalot is too busy to count! :thup:

No more numbers! :eusa_hand: Thanks, but we don't need to be singing our own praises. I do have to say though, I am VERY grateful to CK for opening the lounge.

He's a good egg.

Alrighty! I promise to only do it once a year, now....

Sir Statalot can only stay away from numbers for so long.... :lol:

Not if Sir Statalot is too busy to count! :thup:

Here Stat, there Stat, everywhere a Stat Stat,
old McDonald had a farm...

:rofl.

Question of the Day, February 11 2014:

What is your biggest pet peeve?

Mine is inanimate objects that fight back. Biggest tantrum I ever had was when I got in an altercation with a closet door that refused to allow itself to be hanged.

That is a NICE looking truck!! I wanna see the cab on the inside. You know...your man cave. :)

I'll post some pics after I take delivery. I'm getting a deer catcher installed (bumper guard). I learned my lesson after turning Bambi into roadkill in my Volvo. It ruined my pretty chrome bumper. :(

There is something better than that, House. There is a small fixture you can buy that fits on the hood and when your truck is moving the wind sounds through it and acts as an alarm deer can hear. They will avoid it. You won't be able to hear it but they can. I wish I could think of what it is called - I'll try to find out for you. - Jeri

The stoop is now 9 days old and this is likely going to be posting number 1063.

1063 / 11 = 96.63 posts per day

96.63 * 365 = 35,272 per year, at this rate.

But I bet the stoop is about to pick up steam.... is turning into one of the nicest, friendliest spots in all of USMB, thanks to [MENTION=31258]BDBoop[/MENTION]s's idea and [MENTION=36528]cereal_killer[/MENTION]'s changes in the forum.

Cool, very cool.

I like it! It's one of the friendliest threads I've seen, Stat. Congrats to BD. Congrats to Cereal Killer for coming up with the idea for USMB Lounge. It's a great forum and has taken off like a house of fire!

Of course I immediately googled, it sounds brilliant but apparently may not work as intended. :(

Deer horn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the story, BD. I met an elderly couple who owned a cadillac in mint condition and had that horn attached to their hood. Their car was at least 15 years old and had never been wrecked - the car was immaculate. I asked the elderly man about the fixture on his hood and he told me that horn has saved his car from accidents with deer for the past 15 years. He claims he never once had a deer step out in front of his car with that gadget attached to the hood! I found that to be amazing because in Georgia we've got alot of deer. The link said not all deer whistles work which means that some do. It is such an inexpensive item, it is worth giving it a try. imo.

Of course I immediately googled, it sounds brilliant but apparently may not work as intended. :(

Deer horn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's the story, BD. I met an elderly couple who owned a cadillac in mint condition and had that horn attached to their hood. Their car was at least 15 years old and had never been wrecked - the car was immaculate. I asked the elderly man about the fixture on his hood and he told me that horn has saved his car from accidents with deer for the past 15 years. He claims he never once had a deer step out in front of his car with that gadget attached to the hood! I found that to be amazing because in Georgia we've got alot of deer. The link said not all deer whistles work which means that some do. It is such an inexpensive item, it is worth giving it a try. imo.

That is good news! And as long as it's not cost-prohibitive; why not. :)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Living-Products-LLC-0001-Save-A-Deer/dp/B003XNGLJU/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1]Save-A-Deer Whistle : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

You can buy them from Amazon for $5.95 plus shipping. In your local hardware store they are probably 2 or 3 dollars. You can see by the picture it is just a little plastic gadget that fits onto your grill. The one I saw was glued to the hood. A tiny horn.

Save-A-Deer Whistle : Amazon.com : Automotive

You can buy them from Amazon for $5.95 plus shipping. In your local hardware store they are probably 2 or 3 dollars. You can see by the picture it is just a little plastic gadget that fits onto your grill. The one I saw was glued to the hood. A tiny horn.

Lots of good reviews! A couple of bad ones, but I can't help wondering if they got some debris in their whistles.

That is a NICE looking truck!! I wanna see the cab on the inside. You know...your man cave. :)

I'll post some pics after I take delivery. I'm getting a deer catcher installed (bumper guard). I learned my lesson after turning Bambi into roadkill in my Volvo. It ruined my pretty chrome bumper. :(

There is something better than that, House. There is a small fixture you can buy that fits on the hood and when your truck is moving the wind sounds through it and acts as an alarm deer can hear. They will avoid it. You won't be able to hear it but they can. I wish I could think of what it is called - I'll try to find out for you. - Jeri

I'm aware of those scams. 2nd deer I hit, two were under my bumper (one on each side).

I'll stick with solid steel.

Forum List

Back