🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

‘The fuse is lit’: Dan Rather says Trump-Russia scandal is about to go off like a bomb

House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) tweeted early Thursday that “AG Sessions should clarify his testimony and recuse himself.”

Later, Sen. Rob Portman (R-Ohio) said in a statement, “Jeff Sessions is a former colleague and a friend, but I think it would be best for him and for the country to recuse himself from the DOJ Russia probe.”

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) also initially said during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that Sessions should bow out.

Asked whether Sessions should recuse himself in this situation, McCarthy replied “I think the trust of the American people -- you recuse yourself in these situations, yes.”

McCarthy was pressed a second time about whether he was calling for Sessions to recuse himself and he confirmed that he believed the situation required a recusal.

k forget Rather ...

Typical Trumpbot tactics! Switch the conversation from Sessions to Rather.

They always do this when they know they have LOST the original conversation.

Rather's credibility is suspect...of course you're unable or unwilling to accept that.

The OP should have expected the source to be an issue

You mean the Dan Rather who used forged documents to do a hit piece on Bush? That Dan Rather?
Time to grow up, son. Is there anything incorrect in Rathers piece?
Well, we don't know yet. Personally, I suspect the Session's contacts were nothing extraordinary, but he should have supplemented his confirmation answer. But, it remains a looming question as to whether Putin bailed out Donald when he was going through bankruptcies.

Well, we don't know yet. Personally, I suspect the Session's contacts were nothing extraordinary, but he should have supplemented his confirmation answer. But, it remains a looming question as to whether Putin bailed out Donald when he was going through bankruptcies.
Doesnt that have to be reported as a foreign representative if true?

Republicans in my country have gone full blown traitor ... I'm surrounded by goddamn Russian loving COSSAK'S.
This Russian connection is getting very ugly, and its not going to go away

not as long as this American draws a breath, I'm from the Russian/enemy Reagan era.

F'the RW Russian cocksckers.

I grew up in the peak of the Cold War.

I agree. Fuck 'em. And the Democrats with them.

Republicans in my country have gone full blown traitor ... I'm surrounded by goddamn Russian loving COSSAK'S.
Exactly, cause we all know, if this was Hillary or Obama pulling this shit....all fuckin hell would break loose and its sad that these fearful cowardly mf's is all afraid of Trump, his racist supporters and his fuckin tweets to stand up for the truth...Putin is not our friend and Trump is being played by this mf' and too damned stupid to realize it.

Putin played Obama for 8 years and got away with whatever he wanted to do while he was President. Hillary tried a Reset button to make friends with Putin that was miserable failure. What has Putin done since Jan 20 that makes you think he is playing Trump?

not as long as this American draws a breath, I'm from the Russian/enemy Reagan era.

Surely you want the truth to come out

What Rather said on facebook, and Rather's credibility are NOT THE ISSUE!

This issue is Sessions lying to Congress while under oath. Every news agency is reporting this, not just Rather.

But what I really have always wanted to know: Dan Rather than who?

I already know the truth.

Veteran CBS News anchor Dan Rather wrote on Facebook Thursday that the scandal over Pres. Donald Trump’s personal and political connections to the Russian government and those of his aides is like a bomb with a lit fuse.

“Every once in a while in Washington, the fuse is lit for what seems to be a big scandal,” said Rather. “Much more rarely does that fuse lead to an explosion of the magnitude we are seeing with Russia and the new Administration, and frankly the Republicans in Congress.”

With revelations that Attorney Gen. Jeff Sessions apparently perjured himself regarding contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak, another key Trump appointee appears to be on the verge of going down in flames like national security adviser Gen. Mike Flynn.

Flynn resigned last month after wiretaps on Kislyak’s phone revealed that he and Flynn had multiple conversations prior to the president’s inauguration that Flynn later lied about to the public and to Vice President Mike Pence.

“Sessions is but the latest person close to President Trump who seems to be ensnared in a story that is more worthy of Hollywood melodrama than the reality of the governance of our country. Democrats are calling for Sessions to resign, and this story could move very quickly,” said Rather on Facebook.
So disgraced former news anchor, Dan Rather, is now telling the same kind of fake news stories that got him fired from CBS on Facebook.
If its fake, why are republicans turning on Sessions?
If they are, I guess some Republicans many be as stupid and irresponsible as Democrats.
You condone lying, after all Rump does it ever phyucking day
Joe Biden plagerized a speech and spent his whole fuckin life paying for it....by conservative. Hillary has spent her entire life splaining away emails and Bengazi. Obama lied about you can keep your doctor, the conservatives gave him hell for 8 years....Trump, every time this orange bastard opens his fuckin mouth, he lies and these same very people who shitted all over democrats for years...is now okay with this bitch??? The GOP has no creds, nothing, no intergrity, no balls, nothing...but the hopes and ambition to ruin this country with Trump leading the way.

I already know the truth.
Then you know Rump lies every time he opens his mouth

But, it remains a looming question as to whether Putin bailed out Donald when he was going through bankruptcies.

Which ones....the '91 and '92 bankruptcies were before Putin came into power. The 2004, and 2009 ones were reorganizations and nobody "bailed out" anybody. So clarify what you said or admit you're a liar.

What Rather said on facebook, and Rather's credibility are NOT THE ISSUE!

This issue is Sessions lying to Congress while under oath. Every news agency is reporting this, not just Rather.

But what I really have always wanted to know: Dan Rather than who?

Sure Rather's cred is an issue, he's a POS liar

Forum List

Back