🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The future of Marijuana policy in the South

To actually get a "contact high", you'd need to be in a very tightly enclosed place with a staggeringly large amount of pot being smoked. You can get a contact high at a P-Funk show, for example - but it's nearly impossible you'd get one from standing next to a guy smoking a bowl.

or at a party like Katz claimed happened to her.....she was hospitalized....what crock of shit...

Only person I have ever even HEARD of needing the ER due to pot was because the hit he took triggered an asthma attack. (AFAIK, that was his first and last hit off a joint.)

To actually get a "contact high", you'd need to be in a very tightly enclosed place with a staggeringly large amount of pot being smoked. You can get a contact high at a P-Funk show, for example - but it's nearly impossible you'd get one from standing next to a guy smoking a bowl.

or at a party like Katz claimed happened to her.....she was hospitalized....what crock of shit...

If you look up the effects of marijuana which you would not bother to do, one of the effects is a racing heart rate. That's what happened to me. I tried going outside. It didn't help so I ended up in an emergency room.

So you had an accelerated heart rate and you went to the ER.

Were you admitted? Did they treat you with some serious narcotics?

I wasn't against pot in those days. It was before I got to know so many of them. I didn't see anything wrong with marijuana. It took years of seeing the results of pot use. Then it was no different than having a drink. I don't drink either not beyond a half glass of wine with food or an after dinner Irish coffee. I cannot drink hard liquor. It affects me like ipicac.

well guess what Katz....not all people react to things like you do.....many of us can do a little drinking and smoking with no ill effects and can maintain our demeanor....and can be successful in our lives and nobody may ever know you smoke pot.....

Only person I have ever even HEARD of needing the ER due to pot was because the hit he took triggered an asthma attack. (AFAIK, that was his first and last hit off a joint.)

someone with lung problems should not be smoking anything in my opinion.......

someone with lung problems should not be smoking anything in my opinion.......

One very important advantage of legalization is the emergence of a wide variety of marijuana edibles. That availability will in time substantially reduce the percentage of smokers.

Yeah. It's the edibles that is poisoning the children and leaving them in a coma. Great news.

There isn't an addict in the world that is not convinced no one knows and can't tell when they are under the influence. In reality everyone knows.

not me, federally legalize it. It is no worse than booze or pain killers.

Except people don't force-feed their booze or pain killers into others' bodies the way pot smokers do. What's more, pot can cause serious anxiety disorder and depression issues. Only the low-information people are unaware of this.
You blow your pot smoke on me and I shoot you in self defense. Your funeral, my acquittal.

You're batshit insane and should probably be locked up.

This is a good argument for gun control.

Yeah. It's the edibles that is poisoning the children and leaving them in a coma. Great news.

There isn't an addict in the world that is not convinced no one knows and can't tell when they are under the influence. In reality everyone knows.

how about all the kids that took some of the parents prescription drugs that they got into?....

how about all the kids under 18 who smoke cigarettes?

how about all the kids who get into their parents liquor?....

how about all those kids shot by finding their parents loaded gun laying around?...how about those Katz?....

how about all the kids that took some of the parents prescription drugs that they got into?....

how about all the kids under 18 who smoke cigarettes?

how about all the kids who get into their parents liquor?....

how about all those kids shot by finding their parents loaded gun laying around?...how about those Katz?....

Sounds like kids should be banned.

I can't say I've personally experienced a "contact high" because any time I've been near people who are smoking marijuana I was doing it, too. But in spite of all the opposing commentary I've heard too many descriptions of the experience to reject it out of hand.

The accounts I've heard do not report becoming utterly "baked" from second-hand smoke but rather experiencing a "buzz." And in terms of the chemical probability, there is no reason why one would not experience some level of effect from inhaling second-hand marijuana smoke. I reject the suggestion that none of the psychoactive components are present in exhaled marijuana (or tobacco) smoke. The amount of residual components of exhaled smoke would depend on several factors, such as volume, potency, and duration of absorption by the smoker.

Further, I am absolutely certain neither I nor any of the others present were mistaken about my cat (to whom one girl attached the name "Cheech") who loved marijuana smoke and clearly was affected by it. As soon as he got a whiff of pot smoke he came trotting. He would follow the pipe and would stretch to put his head in the smoke clouds. His eyes would shine and when he'd had enough he would lie down and purr loudly. (I should add he hated the smell of cigarette smoke.)

That was one cat. We later had another cat who neither cared for catnip nor had any interest in marijuana smoke. So I'm considering the possibility of individual receptive disposition, which might occur in both humans and cats (and other species). And if that seems an obscure possibility, consider that some humans are genetically (biochemically) predisposed to alcoholism while most others are not. I, for example, am repulsed by beverage alcohol in any form. I don't like the smell, the taste, or the effect of it, while most others like it and some can't get enough of it.

I know "contact high" does exist, I was in a DMX/Ruff Ryders concert back in high school in a auditorium with hundreds of people most who were smoking marijuana, it was a closed space and the air was practically green and the smell was everywhere. I didn't smoke myself but I left that building high as a kite.

you can get just as high going into a room where certain protective coatings on wood products being sprayed by the painter

I can't say I've personally experienced a "contact high" because any time I've been near people who are smoking marijuana I was doing it, too. But in spite of all the opposing commentary I've heard too many descriptions of the experience to reject it out of hand.

The accounts I've heard do not report becoming utterly "baked" from second-hand smoke but rather experiencing a "buzz." And in terms of the chemical probability, there is no reason why one would not experience some level of effect from inhaling second-hand marijuana smoke. I reject the suggestion that none of the psychoactive components are present in exhaled marijuana (or tobacco) smoke. The amount of residual components of exhaled smoke would depend on several factors, such as volume, potency, and duration of absorption by the smoker.

Further, I am absolutely certain neither I nor any of the others present were mistaken about my cat (to whom one girl attached the name "Cheech") who loved marijuana smoke and clearly was affected by it. As soon as he got a whiff of pot smoke he came trotting. He would follow the pipe and would stretch to put his head in the smoke clouds. His eyes would shine and when he'd had enough he would lie down and purr loudly. (I should add he hated the smell of cigarette smoke.)

That was one cat. We later had another cat who neither cared for catnip nor had any interest in marijuana smoke. So I'm considering the possibility of individual receptive disposition, which might occur in both humans and cats (and other species). And if that seems an obscure possibility, consider that some humans are genetically (biochemically) predisposed to alcoholism while most others are not. I, for example, am repulsed by beverage alcohol in any form. I don't like the smell, the taste, or the effect of it, while most others like it and some can't get enough of it.

I don't know if exhaled smoke would be the main cause of a contact high. What about smoke coming off of the burning pot? Just as with cigarettes, that's the smoke I'd imagine to be dangerous, not the exhaled stuff so much.

I am firmly against legalizing marijuana. Once we do that you know what will happen. Insane asylums will be filled with our children, coloreds will rape our women in the streets, and everyone will listen to jazz music.

No sir, I'm against the devil weed. Now excuse me, but I'm going to the bar to get my drunk on.

What you did there, I see it. Circa The 1930s.

Forum List

Back