The Gaystapo takes a knockout blow

Show me where the Constitution states such a thing.

General welfare.

equal protection

Actually, such laws violate equal protection. Anti-discrimination laws are based upon "protected classes", which by the very definition of means they get more protection than other classes of people...thus there is no equal protection.

As long as there are protected classes, there can be no equal protection.

they stopped buying that in the '50's. you might want to go have a look at the jim crow era cases.

maybe give a little look at brown v board of ed in honor of Ms. Brown who passed away this week.

but no, we don't marginalize people to make bigots happy.

In the 50s the SCOTUS felt it was more important to try and bring racial unity than to follow the Constitution. So they allowed these laws to go forward.

Nothing is stopping anyone from challenging them now...but they aren't. Nobody is going after the Federal law. Only the gay haters are going after any public accommodation laws and they are going after STATE and LOCAL law.

Christians have themselves to blame. They were fine when the first civil right legislation included them. They were ecstatic with tax free status. Well, it all comes full circle doesn't it?

This is not a tax free business. They pay taxes like everyone else. They just don't get the same protections as other businesses that pay taxes.

The solution is certainly acceptable. I would go a step further and have couples sign a disclaimer that they understand and are willing to have their payment go to organizations that promote traditional marriage.
I am not referring to them specifically with regard to tax. I am referring to Christian churches/organization's usage of 501C3. There is a reason behind this, as taxes may not be used to influence church actions for government, while at the same time limiting the amount of political speech coming from the pulpit, against it.
However, how many times have you heard churches complain about this restriction?
No, religious leaders lobbied and sought to have their religious freedoms free from discrimination. They sought and won 'accommodation'. Yet when other groups are playing the same game...
As the OP provides an example though, there is more than one way to skin a cat.

Ohh you object to churches and other tax free organizations. Best start a thread about that then and not mix this one up in your other argument.
Huge leap I know. The two go hand in glove as the RELIGIOUS supported the legislation. There is no church without parishioners.

General welfare.

equal protection

Actually, such laws violate equal protection. Anti-discrimination laws are based upon "protected classes", which by the very definition of means they get more protection than other classes of people...thus there is no equal protection.

they stopped buying that in the '50's. you might want to go have a look at the jim crow era cases.

maybe give a little look at brown v board of ed in honor of Ms. Brown who passed away this week.

In the 50s the SCOTUS felt it was more important to try and bring racial unity than to follow the Constitution. So they allowed these laws to go forward.

Nothing is stopping anyone from challenging them now...but they aren't. Nobody is going after the Federal law. Only the gay haters are going after any public accommodation laws and they are going after STATE and LOCAL law.
Pfft...as if the gay community is not supported unabashedly by the Democratic party and their agenda is not choke slammed down the throats of Americans by mass media.
WTF are you trying to sell?
Oh yes! Small embattled minority...struggling against a system of oppression! Fap...

If you stop discriminating against a class of people, they would not need protection. But you keep ignoring this, of course.
I have a right and the liberty to “discriminate” whether you like it or not, you fascist queer. Deal with it.
Nope. Wrong. And you are the one who has to deal with it. Cakes for homos triggers the shit out of you! :lol:

equal protection

Pfft...as if the gay community is not supported unabashedly by the Democratic party and their agenda is not choke slammed down the throats of Americans by mass media.
Oh yes! Small embattled minority...struggling against a system of oppression! Fap...

No, I'm "selling" equal treatment. I've got to serve the Christian in all 50 states. Work on THAT before going after the 20 or so in which the Christian has to serve me.

If you stop discriminating against a class of people, they would not need protection. But you keep ignoring this, of course.
I have a right and the liberty to “discriminate” whether you like it or not, you fascist queer. Deal with it.
Nope. Wrong.
Snowflake...I’m not “wrong” at all. Watch: you are a faggot. See? Completely free to do it. Not a damn thing you can do about it.

The government cannot discriminate against you. Private citizens can. In fact, I may just offer to sell a very expensive flat screen tv right here on USMB for $50 but make it clear that I won’t sell it to queers or progressives. And guess what? There is nothing you can do about it! Hehehe...

Nope. Wrong.
Snowflake...I’m not “wrong” at all. Watch: you are a faggot. See? Completely free to do it. Not a damn thing you can do about it.

The government cannot discriminate against you. Private citizens can. In fact, I may just offer to sell a very expensive flat screen tv right here on USMB for $50 but make it clear that I won’t sell it to queers or progressives. And guess what? There is nothing you can do about it! Hehehe...
Go, triggered boi, go! :lol:

Nope. Wrong.

What kind of television? Does this deal apply to queers that hate public accommodations laws?

Nope. Wrong.

What kind of television? Does this deal apply to queers that hate public accommodations laws?
I think you should take advantage of this offer.

No, I'm "selling" equal treatment. I've got to serve the Christian in all 50 states. Work on THAT before going after the 20 or so in which the Christian has to serve me.
Well by the looks of that sig photo you have no trouble being served...maybe you should whip the Christians too.

Conservatives don’t get triggered, snowflake. You fragile ‘lil queers do. :laugh:

I can tell how hurt you are by the realization that I can discriminate against you all I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

Nope. Wrong.

LOL! Nope! I like those kind of “queers”!

Conservatives don’t get triggered, snowflake. You fragile ‘lil queers do. :laugh:

I can tell how hurt you are by the realization that I can discriminate against you all I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

And this is the problem with defending the rights of people to be bigots, people assume I am like minded with this sort of asshole.

Just because you can be one, does not mean you should be one.

And this is the problem with defending the rights of people to be bigots, people assume I am like minded with this sort of asshole.

Just because you can be one, does not mean you should be one.
I am literally a mirror. If you see an "asshole", I have some really bad news for you. :lmao:

Forum List

Back