🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The good guy, the civilian...used an AR-15 to stop the killer since the police weren't there....

No disrespect for the hero that shot the guy "leaving" the scene of the crime.....but I want to channel Trump for a moment....I like my hero's there before the carnage occurs, not afterwards....just saying and most of these WHITE BOYS......end up killing themselves afterwards....so so much for the NRA bullshit talk.
....I like my hero's there before the carnage occurs, not afterwards....

If he had shot the shooter, before the shooter started shooting...

he'd have been arrested for murder
Fake news

.is that he was stopped from killing more people by the plumber with the AR-15

Or he was stopped because the people he wanted to kill weren't there.
lied on his background check.

Maybe we should have a lie detector test for anyone buying a firearm?

Or maybe we can do a background check that's a real background check.

You see, here's the thing. The Media has been able to find out about this guy within a day that he had a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force, that he posted crazy shit on his facebook and that he couldn't hold down a job for more than a few weeks. That he slapped his wives around and he was shooting shit up on his property.

you know, because they actually bothered to look.

NOW- imagine that before you let anyone buy a gun, or continue to own a gun, you actually send investigators to look into their past. You know, something called a background check.

Like employers do before they hire people.

Nope. Just take your word for it. If you say on your form you aren't a crazy ex-felon, we'll just take your word for it and give you an automatic weapon! Yupper!

.is that he was stopped from killing more people by the plumber with the AR-15

Or he was stopped because the people he wanted to kill weren't there.
lied on his background check.

Maybe we should have a lie detector test for anyone buying a firearm?

Or maybe we can do a background check that's a real background check.

You see, here's the thing. The Media has been able to find out about this guy within a day that he had a bad conduct discharge from the Air Force, that he posted crazy shit on his facebook and that he couldn't hold down a job for more than a few weeks. That he slapped his wives around and he was shooting shit up on his property.

you know, because they actually bothered to look.

NOW- imagine that before you let anyone buy a gun, or continue to own a gun, you actually send investigators to look into their past. You know, something called a background check.

Like employers do before they hire people.

Nope. Just take your word for it. If you say on your form you aren't a crazy ex-felon, we'll just take your word for it and give you an automatic weapon! Yupper!
If you say on your form you aren't a crazy ex-felon, we'll just take your word for it and give you an automatic weapon!

The call is still made, and if the info isn't on the database, they have no cause to deny him the firearm.

Yeah...because morons like you made that church a gun free zone.....so it was only after he left that someone with an AR-15 was able to keep him from killing more people...since the police were still not there....so the civilian with the AR-15 civilian rifle had to shoot the guy, then follow the guy, then he kept his AR-15 trained on the guy till the police finally managed to arrive...

Get rid of gun free zones...they are getting innocent people murdered.

I think the last thing we need is more of you nuts swinging around your penis compensators in churches, thanks.

First, we don't know that the civilian actually shot the guy, or if he shot himself. He drove off, and was found dead later. So there's that.

But the fact is, it's the same old fucking story. Crazy person is able to buy a gun, because you nutters have made it way to easy to get guns, kills a shitload of people, and you go into defense mode.

It's actually kind of tiresome. But do keep your NRA Spooge ready to flood threads when the next tragedy happens. Maybe we should keep a ticker "14 days since last mass shooting".... ooops, we're back down to 0.
You want to take mass shootings down to zero? Okay me too! All the shootings have been done by the left.
Put down your guns lefties.
All the shootings have been done by the left? You`re full of shit as usual.
FACT CHECK: Is This List of Democrat Shooters Accurate?

Don`t like snopes? Show us your facts.

The call is still made, and if the info isn't on the database, they have no cause to deny him the firearm.

again, if the media can find this information, the people who make these calls can find the information.

THe thing is, the National Rampage Association has spent years taking the teeth out of background checks.

So here's a simple enough solution. Put the NRA and the gun industry (although I repeat myself) in charge of the background checks. And if one of these guys gets through, then their families have legal grounds to sue the the NRA, the manufacturer and the gun seller.

Easy-peasy.

again, if the media can find this information, the people who make these calls can find the information.

THe thing is, the National Rampage Association has spent years taking the teeth out of background checks.

So here's a simple enough solution. Put the NRA and the gun industry (although I repeat myself) in charge of the background checks. And if one of these guys gets through, then their families have legal grounds to sue the the NRA, the manufacturer and the gun seller.

Easy-peasy.

joe, if you don't put information into a computer, what are the odds you find it if you go looking for it?

joe, if you don't put information into a computer, what are the odds you find it if you go looking for it?

Again, the media had NO PROBLEM finding this information. WITHIN a DAY of the shooting, they found the information.

You know, because THEY BOTHERED TO ASK SOMEONE AND NOT RELY ON WHAT WAS ON A COMPUTER!

FUCKING AMAZING!!!!

Again, the media had NO PROBLEM finding this information. WITHIN a DAY of the shooting, they found the information.

You know, because THEY BOTHERED TO ASK SOMEONE AND NOT RELY ON WHAT WAS ON A COMPUTER!

FUCKING AMAZING!!!!

because hundreds, if not thousands, of people were calling in with it.

How many people should they talk to if you were to purchase a firearm?

100?

500?

Do you think they would be standing in line to offer their opinion on whether you should buy one or not?

But, BLAM!!!

get your name in the paper for shooting someone, or multiple someones, and every cockroach in the motel wants to be interviewed.

Information in-information out.

100?

500?

Do you think they would be standing in line to offer their opinion on whether you should buy one or not?

But, BLAM!!!

get your name in the paper for shooting someone, or multiple someones, and every cockroach in the motel wants to be interviewed.

I promise you, if they had asked this guy's ex-wife, current wife, neighbors, or co-workers, if THIS guy
1509987579-Devin_Kelley_DPS_photo.jpg

should be able to buy a gun, they'd have all said "Fuck no!"

100?

500?

But, BLAM!!!

I promise you, if they had asked this guy's ex-wife, current wife, neighbors, or co-workers, if THIS guy
1509987579-Devin_Kelley_DPS_photo.jpg

should be able to buy a gun, they'd have all said "Fuck no!"

that's nice.

and if they had put his domestic abuse, his felony, and his BCD on the computer, he'd have had less chance of buying a firearm.

But they didn't.

and you want to blame the system, instead of the idiot that didn't add the pertinent information.

that's nice.

and if they had put his domestic abuse, his felony, and his BCD on the computer, he'd have had less chance of buying a firearm.

But they didn't.

and you want to blame the system, instead of the idiot that didn't add the pertinent information.

Naw, I blame the gun industry for creating a bad system to start with, by intent.

Here's the thing. Teh Credit card companies have no problem finding out about your background before they decide whether or not to give you a credit card. They can figure out every fucking purchase you made since puberty.

The Gun Industry doesn't want to know if bad guys are getting guns. In fact, their business model DEPENDS on bad guys getting guns, because then the good guys will want them, too.

that's nice.

But they didn't.

Naw, I blame the gun industry for creating a bad system to start with, by intent.

Here's the thing. Teh Credit card companies have no problem finding out about your background before they decide whether or not to give you a credit card. They can figure out every fucking purchase you made since puberty.

The Gun Industry doesn't want to know if bad guys are getting guns. In fact, their business model DEPENDS on bad guys getting guns, because then the good guys will want them, too.
False

that's nice.

But they didn't.

Teh Credit card companies have no problem finding out about your background before they decide whether or not to give you a credit card.
Tell that to students just starting college.

YOU made it part of the topic.

Well, no, I didn't. They know exactly who they are issuing those card to, that's the point, even a college student.

Or do you think College students are getting $25,000 credit lines?

YOU made it part of the topic.

Well, no, I didn't. They know exactly who they are issuing those card to, that's the point, even a college student.

Or do you think College students are getting $25,000 credit lines?

I think all they have to do is sign on the dotted line, and they get a card, for amounts most can't afford, at rates they can't pay off.
Comparing a credit card to a firearm background check is the height of foolishness.

I think all they have to do is sign on the dotted line, and they get a card, for amounts most can't afford, at rates they can't pay off.
Comparing a credit card to a firearm background check is the height of foolishness.

Um, actually a college student wouldn't have much of a background for either, would they?

The thing is, if you have no history, you get a card, with a small limit and a high interest rate.

If you pay it off on time, you get lower interest rates and higher limits.. That's how that works, buddy. They even have these things called "Credit Scores".

But apparently, you can have an extensive criminal record and still buy a gun. that's just crazy.

Um, actually a college student wouldn't have much of a background for either, would they?

The thing is, if you have no history, you get a card, with a small limit and a high interest rate.

If you pay it off on time, you get lower interest rates and higher limits.. That's how that works, buddy. They even have these things called "Credit Scores".

But apparently, you can have an extensive criminal record and still buy a gun. that's just crazy.
you can have an extensive criminal record

and why did it not show up on NICS?

because no one input the data.

How many scenarios have we seen..

"He was such a nice boy, he never raised his voice, went to church every Sunday...

Just can't believe he did this."

Lot of good asking neighbors about allowing someone to purchase a firearm.

They dropped the ball on this one, BIG TIME.

If they hadn't, would he have been able to legally purchase a firearm?

You know, while I can possibly see how his BCD discharge may not have shown up on the computer database, good possibility that someone in the discharge office missed inputting his data.

However......................

He has several arrests and convictions for domestic abuse. Why is it that those charges (which were handled by civilian law enforcement) weren't put into the data base?

Forum List

Back