The GOP is 33% of this mess, how can it be there fault?

You know just because that man dis agress with you and the GOP feels that there should changes and dis agree with the CR does not make any-one stupid
His point and mine is simple
the will of the people in 2010 made it very clear the ACA was not what the country needed nor wanted
The GOP now is trying to change that law at the very least
this is why we have a republic. A system that we are represented by those in congress

70% of Americans do not want to defund the Healthcare law if it means a government shutdown. Mittens ran on repealing the Healthcare laws. He lost. Democrats still have a majority in the Senate and they gained seats in the House. In fact if it weren't for the Gerrymandered districts they probably would have taken back the House too. It's suicide for the GOP to continue this strategy.

:eusa_boohoo:

Maybe
just maybe
Who did the gerrymandering?
when did this become the new talking point
?

Simple as I can put it
the big cities elect the senate and most time the pres any more
Look at Detroit
Raliegh/Durham
Atlanta

The house is elected by the rest
we shall see

The GOP. It was actually brilliant grass roots strategy to first take over State Governments. It's a fact not a talking point, they learned it from the Democrats. States elect Senators and Presidents, not cities. State districts elect Representatives.

I'm willing to wait and see (as if I had any choice in the matter).

checks and balance

civics, learn it

^ Funny shit right there.

We have three branches of government and ACA was passed by the Legislative, signed into law by the Executive, and deemed Constitutional by the Judicial.

Learn some civics yourself, Yurt.

lmao...so the house must do as the senate says? the senate must do as the house says? my lord you are one stupid hack.

HOUSE (peoples representatives) is a check on SENATE - no statute becomes law without its approval.

SENATE is a check on HOUSE - no statute becomes law without its approval. (Prior to 17th Amendment, SENATE was appointed by State legislatures as a protection for states' rights - another check the Founders provided.)

Checks & Balances

that was just the first link on google. that is how basic that knowledge and it cracks me up you don't know it.

:lol:

^ More funny shit.

ACA was passed by the House and the Senate.....you know, in case ya forgot.

The current GOP controlled House is free to pitch a fit and pull this stunt over funding a law that was passed by both chambers, signed into law by the President, and validated by SCOTUS and then a primary focus of theirs in an election they lost.....and they will continue to look like fools and eat the brunt of the blame for what is going on.

It's hilarious seeing people arguiing from such an intellectually dishonest position call anyone else a hack. Physician, heal thyself.

Clown.

Enjoy swimming in the cesspool.

What every liberal here is missing is this
The house pased a bill
The senate rejected it
The house passed a softer bill
the senate rejected it
The house went more to the midlle, twice more
The senate said F--k off

it really is that simple and has nothing to do with a CR

We have three branches of government and ACA was passed by the Legislative, signed into law by the Executive, and deemed Constitutional by the Judicial.

lmao...so the house must do as the senate says? the senate must do as the house says? my lord you are one stupid hack.

HOUSE (peoples representatives) is a check on SENATE - no statute becomes law without its approval.

SENATE is a check on HOUSE - no statute becomes law without its approval. (Prior to 17th Amendment, SENATE was appointed by State legislatures as a protection for states' rights - another check the Founders provided.)

Checks & Balances

that was just the first link on google. that is how basic that knowledge and it cracks me up you don't know it.

^ More funny shit.

The current GOP controlled House is free to pitch a fit and pull this stunt over funding a law that was passed by both chambers, signed into law by the President, and validated by SCOTUS and then a primary focus of theirs in an election they lost.....and they will continue to look like fools and eat the brunt of the blame for what is going on.

It's hilarious seeing people arguiing from such an intellectually dishonest position call anyone else a hack. Physician, heal thyself.

Clown.

hilarious....you agree i'm right, except you call it a stunt. i'm not talking about passing bills, i'm talking about the house being a check on the senate. which, even you agree by stating they are free to do this.

IOW, i was right, and you're being the hack because you don't agree with what the gop is doing. that said, your opinion has ZERO to do with the fact that what the gop is doing is constitutional.

you tried to claim that the house and senate are not involved in the checks and balances. and when i showed you your error, all you can do is rant and moan. how embarrassing for you.

you idiot. We are talking about one fuking bill. It's called a "continuing resolution".

Passage of that bill is the only thing that matters at this moment.

Good god you are fuking stupid.

that bill has been passed by the house twice already and reid rejected them. Get your facts straight dumbass!

I liked the way you didn't read the first time I wrote about having a clean CR. You missed that.
The House HAS NOT sent to the Senate a clean CR. They keep asking for.......what is it they keep asking for???............DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUCK THEY KEEP ASKING FOR????

WAIT. I remember now. Something they ain't gonna get. LMAO. Repeal of OMAMACARE.

You're a stupid shit LL.

Clean = What the Democrats want

The Democrats have already fucked up this country and they still want to fuck it up more.

The Republicans need to stick to their guns and not give an inch!!

What every liberal here is missing is this
The house pased a bill
The senate rejected it
The house passed a softer bill
the senate rejected it
The house went more to the midlle, twice more
The senate said F--k off

it really is that simple and has nothing to do with a CR

The Senate modified the bill by taking out the policy of defunding or repealing the Health Care Law. The House leadership (called TeaParty wing) wouldn't allow the Speaker to bring up the Senates version and instead continued to pass versions that contain amendments to defund and delay implementation of the new law. Then at the final hour the House wanted to have a conference committee. The Senate then agree to have a conference committee on the full budget within three weeks but they stood firm that they were not about to negotiate with a gun to their head.

The GOP will reap the benefits of their little stunt in 2014, IMHO.

33% with one BIG BIG position they hold. Speaker of the House. You know, the guy that gets to decide what bills are put forward for debate and a vote.

Like he could do on a Senate passed clean CR bill. That would pass with bi partisan backing.

But no, he's to afraid to lose his cushy job as Speaker. So he will go along to get along with his T party friends.

In 2010 the American people spoke volumes on the conduct of the house at that time and the dems lost over 60 seats
Sense that event the GOP has tried all they know how to do to stop the bleeding that (parts of it) Obama-care will bring
this was there final stand
The senate could debate these issues
They could
but they refuse to
The President refuses to discuss any part of it
Hey JackAss...

Obamacare is SETTLED law.

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!

Fry_-snap-out-of-it.jpg

You rabid, radical RW Republicans have really lost your cotton pickin' minds.

The American People will not forget this.

They are at fault because they are making unreasonable demands, not reasonable ones. The tea party base also wants the shutdown, because they think Dems will take the blame. They were this stupid under Noot Gingrich too. The GOP never learns lessons.

Holding a gun to the heads of the uninsured and sick is disgraceful, and the blame is entirely on the GOP.

Checks & Balances

^ More funny shit.

Clown.

hilarious....you agree i'm right, except you call it a stunt. i'm not talking about passing bills, i'm talking about the house being a check on the senate. which, even you agree by stating they are free to do this.

IOW, i was right, and you're being the hack because you don't agree with what the gop is doing. that said, your opinion has ZERO to do with the fact that what the gop is doing is constitutional.

you tried to claim that the house and senate are not involved in the checks and balances. and when i showed you your error, all you can do is rant and moan. how embarrassing for you.

You really don't get it do you, Yurt? I never claimed that the House and Senate are not involved in checks and balances. OBVIOUSLY they are involved in checks and balances. This is the thing with you....you cannot have an intellectually honest conversation or point of view. You live in a world of "gothca". It's sad....you're sad.

I'm pointing out that this has already been decided....at all three branches of government and this is, in fact, a stunt. The GOP House is fully aware that what they are doing cannot get through the Senate and even if it were to, it would get vetoed by the President and they can't override said veto....you know, all part of that checks and balances thing. What the GOP is doing is performing an exercise in futility and they are taking everyone for a ride with them. So even though, yes, they have the "power" to do this, they are really in no position whatsoever to do this and have it mean anything other than make them look like the whining children they are. So as far as it being a check, it's a toothless one in this case....well other than the teeth biting into their own asses because of it.

But you go on with your bad self thinking you got over on some nonsensical point based on semantics. You da' man, bro....a real winner you are :rolleyes:

Last edited:
yes you did A15, right here:

They are 33% of the Government....how can they be demanding anything?

checks and balance

civics, learn it

rightwinger clearly meant that the senate, WH and house make up the whole in terms of this bill. i replied with checks and balances and you mocked me and told me i don't know anything about civics. when the reality is, you later had to admit that yes, the house and senate are a check on each other. instead of saying sorry, you continue to mock and lie.

you are the one incapable of honest discussion. you don't even realize what is being talked about. you just make shit up as you go along. it may not be futile if the dems cave and give a one year delay. if that happens you will eat crow.

fact remains, reid could have funded the government if he would have just agreed to discussions about delaying it for a year or he could have simply delayed it for a year and there would be no shutdown. the house is fully keeping the senate in check. you can bitch and moan all you want but they are doing what they were voted into office for. kudos to them and you and your ilk can pound sand.

Last edited:
The House is passing bills and Reid is rejecting them and not allowing them to go to conference.

Reid is responsible for shutting down the government.

You idiot. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT ONE FUKING BILL. IT'S CALLED A "CONTINUING RESOLUTION".

Passage of that bill is the ONLY thing that matters at this moment.

Good God you are fuking stupid.

You know just because that man dis agress with you and the GOP feels that there should changes and dis agree with the CR does not make any-one stupid
the will of the people in 2010 made it very clear the ACA was not what the country needed nor wanted
this is why we have a republic. A system that we are represented by those in congress

You have no proof that repubs took the house because of ACA. Dozens of times the republican congress tried to overturn ACA without success. What made repubs think that shutting down the government would change anything? I hope the voters of this country as well as the rest of the world are seeing how out of touch with reality some republicans are. What's next now that ACA/Obamacare is here to stay? Armed revolt?

The % is about 10 percent of the House, the TPM representatives.

Therein lies the fault, but it will be corrected next year as 25 of them will be voted out of office.

The % is about 10 percent of the House, the TPM representatives.

Therein lies the fault, but it will be corrected next year as 25 of them will be voted out of office.

liar...only 6 republicans are against keeping obamacare in the bill

do you ever tell the truth?

2010 had nothing to do with the reps.

2010 was all about punishing the dems for not living up to their campaign promises.

Since 2006, the reps have done nothing to deserve votes.

yes you did A15, right here:

checks and balance

civics, learn it

rightwinger clearly meant that the senate, WH and house make up the whole in terms of this bill. i replied with checks and balances and you mocked me and told me i don't know anything about civics. when the reality is, you later had to admit that yes, the house and senate are a check on each other. instead of saying sorry, you continue to mock and lie.

you are the one incapable of honest discussion. you don't even realize what is being talked about. you just make shit up as you go along. it may not be futile if the dems cave and give a one year delay. if that happens you will eat crow.

fact remains, reid could have funded the government if he would have just agreed to discussions about delaying it for a year or he could have simply delayed it for a year and there would be no shutdown. the house is fully keeping the senate in check. you can bitch and moan all you want but they are doing what they were voted into office for. kudos to them and you and your ilk can pound sand.

Your proof that I claimed the House and Senate are not part of checks an balances is quoting post where I cite the legislative branch as a part of our checks and balances system. Uh huh.

Oh, and the GOP got less votes in the House than the Dems in 2012 speaking of doing "what they were voted into office for". Just like they got less votes for the Senate and the White House in a year in which they campaigned on repealing this law they are throwing a futile fit over. But yeah, shutting down the government over a law that they have lost battle over battle over in all three branches and at the voting booth is totes what they were voted into office for.

The country knows the GOP is at fault for this but like I said, you go on with your bad self, Yurt. Enjoy that mental masturbation....it's the only action you're getting.

Last edited:
The GOP is 33% of this mess, how can it be there [sic] fault?

The GOP is 100 percent of the problem, that’s how it’s their fault.

Democrats didn’t ‘refuse’ to do anything; one can’t ‘negotiate’ concerning a Federal law in existence for three years, a law that has nothing to do with whether the government is funded or not.

then explain what i got wrong, eg, funny shit right there. explain why i need to learn civics.

both parties are at fault, but at least the gop is willing to negotiate. if anyone can be considered a hostage takers, that lies with the dems more than the gop.

let's see if A15 can dig himself out of the hole he created

Last edited:
The GOP is 33% of this mess, how can it be there [sic] fault?

The GOP is 100 percent of the problem, that’s how it’s their fault.

Democrats didn’t ‘refuse’ to do anything; one can’t ‘negotiate’ concerning a Federal law in existence for three years, a law that has nothing to do with whether the government is funded or not.

it is part of government funding, obamacare did not fund itself when passed

:rolleyes:

It really doesn't get more pathetic than the USMB right wing.

Please nominate Cruz or someone of that nature, guys. Give the country your true conservative candidate so you can finally, and without a shadow of a doubt, get the national ass kicking you so very much deserve. It's time for the bubble to pop.

Forum List

Back