The GOP's Real Agenda

Correcting what you posted from the Rolling Stones lies is not blowing smoke.
The GOP is not trying to kill jobs ,Dem's policies are doing that. The more taxes and regulations that this administration does is what is killing jobs.
Wanting people to get ID's gives them freedom
No one in the Repub party is trying to deprive the working poor of health care.
They are not advocating to destroy agencies that protect the environment.
They want to rein in the EPA that is destroying the ability for companies to hire people.
Over reaching regulations is what is killing jobs.

You are making my point. You do not even see the lies that the Rolling Stone reported on.

And, what will be your excuse if I respond:

Educate me!

:eusa_whistle:

I did.
I told what the lies were.
How about Educating yourself.
Look things up, read the bills of both parties. watch C-Span.
If you did this you would see the the problems we have in this country is the Progressives in both parties.
You would see that it's about both parties wanting to win and be the ones in power and both parties who are not following the Constitution that limits what congress can and can not do.

Nope.

All you did was state your opinions.

Worthless.

What would (possibly) carry some weight is if you were able to back up your opinions with verifiable facts. And we all know that's not possible.

Thanks anyway.

.....which seeks to impose job-killing austerity
. We have been experiencing job-killing austerity since January 2007.....

It started a little earlier than that.....

"....the CFO of the corporation I was working for called a meeting and said, "The President keeps talking about the economy being 'bad.' Now, things don't seem bad, but let's just hold off on any new hires until we see how this pans out. And, let's hold off on all non-vital purchases, just for the time being."

The GOP's Real Agenda | Politics News | Rolling Stone

The rw's won't read this because it appears in Rolling Stone and for some reason, they think that means they should ignore it. Just like the GObP/R leaders, they do so at their own peril. This article shows why the R is going to keep losing a lot elections.

So Puddly, can one assume that an enlightened soul such as yourself reads and take to heart articles from World Net Daily? Do tell!

GAWD, are you kidding?

OF COURSE I read from that site. Same with the blaze, fux and limbaugh.

This is why the R loses and will go right on losing. They are completely out of touch, even with themselvesd and there is no room in their agenda for facts or truth. Watching footage from CPAC makes that very obvious. Or think back to the endless Clown Car Candidate Procession.

Its not just that there's no room under their tent for the middle class. They hate each other too. They're eating their own, hating their own. They pretty much hate everything American.

Nice attempt at responding witout really answering the question. This isn't an MSM Sunday morning talker and you aren't Obama. DO YOU TAKE THEM TO HEART? You know, in the same way you asked if R's take Rolling Stones articles to heart? We all know the answer already, but it would be nice for you to be honest for a change instead of being a total clueless douche.

And, what will be your excuse if I respond:

Educate me!

:eusa_whistle:

I did.
I told what the lies were.
How about Educating yourself.
Look things up, read the bills of both parties. watch C-Span.
If you did this you would see the the problems we have in this country is the Progressives in both parties.
You would see that it's about both parties wanting to win and be the ones in power and both parties who are not following the Constitution that limits what congress can and can not do.

Nope.

All you did was state your opinions.

Worthless.

What would (possibly) carry some weight is if you were able to back up your opinions with verifiable facts. And we all know that's not possible.

Thanks anyway.

What I stated above was my opinion.
What I corrected in the report of the Rolling Stone was facts.

We back things up all the time on this board with verifiable facts.
Lefties refuse to accept them as facts. Lefties always think that they are opinions.
It's very hard to reason with people who don't know the difference between facts and opinions.

The GOP needs to drop the social conservative issues and appeal to fiscal conservatives. More than half of the public (54%) says that churches should keep out of politics. Over 60% of the American public support Roe vs. Wade. 53% of Americas are in favor of more stick laws on gun sales. Over 60% of American want to see a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants. But when it comes to the fiscal issues, 84% of Americans think federal spending is out of control.

To win a national election, the GOP needs to back off the social agenda and attack the money issues with a sensible plan that won't wreck the economy. That's there best chance.

The GOP needs to drop the social conservative issues and appeal to fiscal conservatives. More than half of the public (54%) says that churches should keep out of politics.
Then maybe politics should stay out of church matters.

Over 60% of the American public support Roe vs. Wade.
Source?

53% of Americas are in favor of more stick laws on gun sales.
The 2nd Amendment is not subject to polls.

Over 60% of American want to see a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants.
Source?

But when it comes to the fiscal issues, 84% of Americans think federal spending is out of control.
Funny how lolberals like you get so tone deaf to polling results like that.

To win a national election, the GOP needs to back off the social agenda and attack the money issues with a sensible plan that won't wreck the economy. That's there best chance.
There we go again...A lolberal, who by definition wants republicans to lose, telling republicans how to win...:lol:

The GOP needs to drop the social conservative issues and appeal to fiscal conservatives. More than half of the public (54%) says that churches should keep out of politics. Over 60% of the American public support Roe vs. Wade. 53% of Americas are in favor of more stick laws on gun sales. Over 60% of American want to see a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants. But when it comes to the fiscal issues, 84% of Americans think federal spending is out of control.

Churches do stay out of politics. Individual citizens who are Christian are free to exercise their rights.

The GOP's Real Agenda | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Since last fall, Republicans have pretended to be more moderate - but their politics are harsher and more destructive than ever

After watching voters punish the GOP in the 2012 elections, Republican elites have been talking a brave game about reforms that would make the party less repulsive to Latinos, women and gay-friendly millennials. Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, the GOP's hip-hop-quoting young standard-bearer, is pressing conservatives to back an amnesty for undocumented immigrants. Dozens of party stalwarts, headlined by former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, renounced their opposition to gay marriage in a Supreme Court brief. GOP bigwigs have even launched New Republican – a group modeled after Bill Clinton's centrist Democratic Leadership Council – which seeks to rebrand the party as "colorblind," "not anti-government" and dedicated to "ending corporate welfare."

Don't be fooled. On the ground, a very different reality is unfolding: In the Republican-led Congress, GOP-dominated statehouses and even before the nation's highest court, the reactionary impulses of the Republican Party appear unbowed. Across the nation, the GOP's severely conservative agenda – which seeks to impose job-killing austerity, to roll back voting and reproductive rights, to deprive the working poor of health care, and to destroy agencies that protect the environment from industry and consumers from predatory banks – is moving forward under full steam.

Read more: The GOP's Real Agenda | Politics News | Rolling Stone
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

The rw's won't read this because it appears in Rolling Stone and for some reason, they think that means they should ignore it. Just like the GObP/R leaders, they do so at their own peril. This article shows why the R is going to keep losing a lot elections.

In the Republican-led Congress, GOP-dominated statehouses and even before the nation's highest court, the reactionary impulses of the Republican Party appear unbowed. Across the nation, the GOP's severely conservative agenda – which seeks to impose job-killing austerity, to roll back voting and reproductive rights, to deprive the working poor of health care, and to destroy agencies that protect the environment from industry and consumers from predatory banks – is moving forward under full steam.

this is why its not worth reading;

a) you think your shit doesn't stink, and becasue this ( and the likes) is all you read, the democratic party is everyones "friend" and anything they did or have done is golden. I am not into closed loop thinking.

b) I would not waste my time on another heavy breathing beat the snot out of the gop article ( don't even dimwits like you get tired of reading this low brow poo poo?) from the generally dishonest rolling stoned ( ask Stanley McChrystal) to tell me the gop has made mistakes...but this ? I have no issue with a serious appraisal, this is think progress tripe in a hipper medium.

c) you're not someone I would take reading recommendations from. For an uber partisan sheep like yourself that repeats exactly what they are told because they lack the intellectual firepower to exercise some critical curiosity, the last thing I would do is waste my time reading the drivel you require on a constant basis to reinforce your pathology.

Churches do stay out of politics. Individual citizens who are Christian are free to exercise their rights.

Try preaching the good news to people on a street corner ( the very thing we are instructed to do by Jesus) and see where it gets you. You can get fined and arrested.

We only read "journalism" if its from former heroin addicts like Matt Taibbi...........Because ummmm, inquiring adolescents need to know......

We want the rinos out of the republican party, Leddley. That would include Karl Rove, Gingrich, Boehner, McCain, all the career politicians who have lined their pockets and compromised on the values of the conservatives they were elected to represent. They all need to go. The problem with the Republican party is the same problem the Tea Partiers have. The republican camp has been infilitrated with people who are not truly conservative. Hope that explains the direction they are trying to take now. People such as Michele Bachmann, Alan Keyes, Dr. Ben Carlson, Sowell, Lynn Westmoreland, Jim Demint, Phyllis Shaffley......... these are the caliber of people the Republican party are looking for. It took them awhile but I think they have finally realized that they are not going to win by compromise. Compromise is what has brought the Republican Party to the place it is right now. - Jeremiah

Please please please....let the RNC follow Jeremiah's advice. PUH-LEEEEEEZE!

The GOP needs to drop the social conservative issues and appeal to fiscal conservatives. More than half of the public (54%) says that churches should keep out of politics.
Then maybe politics should stay out of church matters.

Over 60% of the American public support Roe vs. Wade.
Source?

The 2nd Amendment is not subject to polls.

Source?

But when it comes to the fiscal issues, 84% of Americans think federal spending is out of control.
Funny how lolberals like you get so tone deaf to polling results like that.

There we go again...A lolberal, who by definition wants republicans to lose, telling republicans how to win...:lol:
Seven in 10 Americans believe Roe v. Wade should stand, according to new data from a Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll, as the landmark Supreme Court abortion-rights ruling turns 40 on Tuesday.
Support Grows for Roe v. Wade Abortion Ruling - WSJ.com

As an individual following one's conscience in the face of public opinion is admirable but for a political party it can be disastrous.

Last edited:

Try preaching the good news to people on a street corner ( the very thing we are instructed to do by Jesus) and see where it gets you. You can get fined and arrested.
When one is aggressively soliciting or creating a disturbance they should be arrested. There was a guy who preached in front of my bank. He would follow people coming out of the bank warning them of hell fires if they didn't repent. People would cross the street to avoid him. The police would arrest him routinely, but he would return within days.

It's one thing to stand on a corner and handout literature or give a sermon. It's quite another to approach individuals on the street with threats of damnation and ruin.

Forum List

Back