The heart of the liberal movement: "STOP thanking the military - they don't do shit "

Furthermore, both of those exist because of person A's potential liability to person B. But there is no liability to anyone else with my own health. If I choose not to carry health insurance, and I suffer a stroke, that SHOULD not effect anyone else in any capacity.

Then you leave the bill for your family to pay, why, you were a short sighted person that cares not to whom your bill is paid by.

This is simply astounding. The left's favorite website actually wrote an article demanding that we stop thanking the military because they don't provide freedom... :bang3:

Stop thanking the troops for me: No, they don't protect our freedoms! - Salon.com

Patriot: The person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he's hollering about.
--Mark Twain

Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.
--Oscar Wilde

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other others because you were born in it.
--George Bernard Shaw

I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.
--JFK

The article you linked to is challenging, a devils advocate look at commercialized patriotism -- but tell me how you can disagree with this:

We need not thank the troops for every breath we take. When we do, we reduce our entire existence as free people to something that only exists at the whim of the U.S. military, and suffocate critical thought about the military and what it’s actually doing in the world.

That was the point of the piece and you seemed to have missed it.

Really? Thanking our troops for the sacrifice they make "reduces" our existence? :bang3:

You seemed to have missed the point that their point is ignorant (like all things left-wing).

that is state and not the Federal government.. and banks are private business
so you fail

So there is a difference that whether it is at fed, state or at a commercial level you are forced to do something you do not wish to?

Yes stupid! You didn't know that? :bang3:

It's called the Constitution. See, if a state does something I don't like, I can LEAVE the state. I cannot leave the country. I am a citizen of the United States and am not entitled to live anywhere else unless another nation grants me citizenship with them.

Damn [MENTION=30820]Moonglow[/MENTION], I knew you were stupid, but come on...

Most fanatics do not know the difference. If you are forced to buy something it is no different than the level you are being forced from.
The hospitals and doctors are tired of paying for welfare cases, hence lobby efforts to end the cycle of loss to the hospitals and the doctors that invest in them. Just the same with bankers.

Sounds good, but it is not supported by history

The United States has been blessed in that we are surrounded by peaceful neighbors and two oceans that kept us thousands of miles away from any potential invading Army. We never needed our military to "preserve our freedom" because no foreign army was ever a threat to take it away

That does not mean our freedom was not challenged. Women and blacks were denied the vote. Blacks were denied the freedom to publicly mix with whites. Native Americans were sent to reservations and denied their culture. Workers did not have freedom to organize. Gays were openly attacked and denied basic rights.

We relied on a free press to report on these outrages. To give the common American a taste of what it was like to live in anothers shoes.

It is the free press that has defended our freedom at home while our military fought for the freedom of others around the globe

If only there was some way for people to cross oceans! :lmao:

Thank God those two oceans protected us from muslim terrorists in the Middle East. Just think - if not for those two oceans, they could have come over here and killed 3,000 Americans while collapsing our two largest buildings.

But alas, those oceans were there to save us!

RW - taking stupid to new levels since birth!

Ummmm....the Military didn't exactly protect us from those attacks

Terorist attacks are a horror but they did not bring down our country. As I recall, our Constitutional freedoms were still in effect the day after the attacks.

Only because our military stopped further attacks stupid. What do you think, Bin Laden intended to stop there? He said (and I quote) "it is the responsibility of the muslim to kill every American man, woman, and child".

Stop pretending like you believe Al Qaeda would not over throw the U.S. and implement Sharia Law if we had no military. Even you aren't dumb enough to believe that, so stop with the act.

This is simply astounding. The left's favorite website actually wrote an article demanding that we stop thanking the military because they don't provide freedom... :bang3:

Stop thanking the troops for me: No, they don't protect our freedoms! - Salon.com

Patriot: The person who can holler the loudest without knowing what he's hollering about.
--Mark Twain

--Oscar Wilde

Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other others because you were born in it.
--George Bernard Shaw

I look forward to a great future for America - a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose.
--JFK

The article you linked to is challenging, a devils advocate look at commercialized patriotism -- but tell me how you can disagree with this:

We need not thank the troops for every breath we take. When we do, we reduce our entire existence as free people to something that only exists at the whim of the U.S. military, and suffocate critical thought about the military and what it’s actually doing in the world.

Really? Thanking our troops for the sacrifice they make "reduces" our existence? :bang3:

You seemed to have missed the point that their point is ignorant (like all things left-wing).

that's hazynuts for ya:cuckoo:

Last edited:

If you're going to put words in my mouth or his mouth, at least make them smart words.

One more time:

Tell me how you disagree with this statement (his conclusion):

"We need not thank the troops for every breath we take. When we do, we reduce our entire existence as free people to something that only exists at the whim of the U.S. military, and suffocate critical thought about the military and what it’s actually doing in the world."

Sounds good, but it is not supported by history

The United States has been blessed in that we are surrounded by peaceful neighbors and two oceans that kept us thousands of miles away from any potential invading Army. We never needed our military to "preserve our freedom" because no foreign army was ever a threat to take it away

That does not mean our freedom was not challenged. Women and blacks were denied the vote. Blacks were denied the freedom to publicly mix with whites. Native Americans were sent to reservations and denied their culture. Workers did not have freedom to organize. Gays were openly attacked and denied basic rights.

We relied on a free press to report on these outrages. To give the common American a taste of what it was like to live in anothers shoes.

It is the free press that has defended our freedom at home while our military fought for the freedom of others around the globe

Thank God those two oceans protected us from Japan at Pearl Harbor! Can you imagine what *might* have been had Japan figured out how to cross an ocean?!? Speaking of which, how exactly did we get here since Christopher Columbus never figured out how to cross the ocean either back in the 1400's. Mmm... I guess we're all just Native Americans. Hey, how is your teepee holding up in these fall storms? Mine has fallen down a couple of times. And how in the hell are you on the internet since your a Native American who believes that the technology doesn't even exist to cross oceans? :lmao:

Sounds good RW, but your asinine position is not supported by history

Last edited:

If you're going to put words in my mouth or his mouth, at least make them smart words.

One more time:

"We need not thank the troops for every breath we take. When we do, we reduce our entire existence as free people to something that only exists at the whim of the U.S. military, and suffocate critical thought about the military and what it’s actually doing in the world."

I just did, stupid. And I'll do it again...

Thank God those two oceans protected us from Japan at Pearl Harbor! Can you imagine what *might* have been had Japan figured out how to cross an ocean?!? Speaking of which, how exactly did we get here since Christopher Columbus never figured out how to cross the ocean either back in the 1400's. Mmm... I guess we're all just Native Americans. Hey, how is your teepee holding up in these fall storms? Mine has fallen down a couple of times. And how in the hell are you on the internet since your a Native American who believes that the technology doesn't even exist to cross oceans? :lmao:

Sounds good RW, but your asinine position is not supported by history

Columbus used a boat, the natives used their feet.

One more time:

I have not heard you thank any military personal on this board for your ability to write the crap you do.

I remember seeing a bumper sticker at a restaraunt in Arizona that read "My son is in Iraq so you can have your freedom." When the occupant of the vehicle came to his vehicle I challenged him to provide evidence that Iraq was threatening any freedom in the US. He couldn't but he threatened me with violence. Typical.

Yeah, good point [MENTION=16831]Tuatara[/MENTION]. Just like poor Al Qaeda. I mean, those peace loving, God-fearing men never threatened any freedom in the U.S. either.

I mean, sure they collapsed two of our buildings instantly killing 3,000 Americans - but none of my freedoms were threatened that day. Were yours?

I just love the modern day ignorant left-wing hippie. Their entire appeasement strategy is comical. It basically states, wait until your nation has been captured by <insert nation or radical movement here> and then you have a right to feel threatened and respond... :lmao:

It's always good to close the barn door after the horses have all run away... :eusa_doh:
Iraq is now Al Queda??? Also what Al Queda did is a drop in the bucket compared to what the US has done in the region the last 50 years.

No - of course not hippie! Iraq is nothing like Al Qaeda. Saddam Hussein never would have attacked the U.S. if given the opportunity. Saddam Hussein was NEVER plotting on how to take down the United States. Never. :cuckoo:

I didn't say "FROM" anything. Nice twist - but the ACA forces you to purchase health insurance asshole. If you had any reading comprehension (and, well, clearly you do not), you would have realized that your desperate attempt to spin on a single word was destined to fail since that single word was not there! :eusa_shhh:

How do you feel about the government forcing you to buy auto insurance? And for banks forcing you to buy home insurance?

so you fail

Well, how is having different entities forcing you change the FACT that you are FORCED to buy insurance? Explain that one.

How do you feel about the government forcing you to buy auto insurance? And for banks forcing you to buy home insurance?

so you fail

So there is a difference that whether it is at fed, state or at a commercial level you are forced to do something you do not wish to?

Apparently to Stephanie. She doesn't have a problem with being FORCED....she has other problems. ;)

Furthermore, both of those exist because of person A's potential liability to person B. But there is no liability to anyone else with my own health. If I choose not to carry health insurance, and I suffer a stroke, that SHOULD not effect anyone else in any capacity.

Then you leave the bill for your family to pay, why, you were a short sighted person that cares not to whom your bill is paid by.

No. What SHOULD happen is that if I cannot pay, the hospitals chooses to either A.) Not provide any service, or, B.) put me on a payment plan requiring me to pay what I owe.

But that's not the way Dumbocrat communists work. Instead, everything is done by force for the "good of society" :lmao:

One more time:

I have not heard you thank any military personal on this board for your ability to write the crap you do.

Then clearly you are more ignorant than I even gave you credit for being, because I have thanked people who have served many times. Including left-wing assholes who I vehemently disagree with.

They may be an asshole, but I genuinely do still appreciate their service to keep this nation free.

^Another idiot who believes that Iraq was involved with 9/11. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And where exactly did I say that Iraq was "involved" with 9/11? Please give us the exact quote along with the post number. Can't do it? Really?

Once again [MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION] displays her illiteracy for the world. No wonder she's a parasite who needs to live off of government.

that's their standard stupid..it's hard to imagine she was in the military and I believe it less every day

Why is it hard to imagine I served our military, Stephanie? Is it because you have a narrow, ignorant view of what is and is not a servicemember? That's probably it. You are ignorant.

so you fail

Well, how is having different entities forcing you change the FACT that you are FORCED to buy insurance? Explain that one.

I already explained it in post #158 [MENTION=20112]bodecea[/MENTION]. You ran from it like a coward because you know you have no intelligent response for it. But, here it is again...

A bank is a private institution which I can choose to do business with or choose not to do business with. Want to try again? :lol:

As far as auto insurance, driving is also a choice and I can choose not to drive if I don't want to purchase auto insurance. Want to try again? :lol:

Furthermore, both of those exist because of person A's potential liability to person B. But there is no liability to anyone else with my own health. If I choose not to carry health insurance, and I suffer a stroke, that SHOULD not effect anyone else in any capacity. The only reason it does is because you idiot Dumbocrat parasites dictated that someone who goes to the hospital is somehow magically "entitled" to treatment even if they can't afford it. If we undid that Dumbocrat disaster, there would be no reason for the new Dumbocrat disasters.

This is the M.O. of the modern day Dumbocrat. It is literally Atlas Shrugged. Unconstitutionally involve the government is something they have zero authority to be invovled in (healthcare). Mandate something (people are entitled to treatment even if they can't pay). When that mandate creates a crisis (healthcare costs go up to cover the costs of the assholes getting freebies), create a new mandate (ACA - force people to purchase something). When that mandate fails (and we see it already has with millions losing their existing coverage), create yet another mandate (say, insurance companies are now forced to provide coverage at the price government dictates). Lather. Rinse. Repeat. And the downward spiral continues until the whole thing collapses just like the former U.S.S.R. (Dumbocrats aren't smart enough to study history and learn from it, so they make the same mistakes that collapsed other nations).

Now that we see how your analogies are an apples-to-radiation comparison does not apply, what else have you got for me sweetie? I need you to make more of an effort thinking so I can have a challenge for once. The inferior intellect of you Dumbocrats is making this no fun.

so you fail

Apparently to Stephanie. She doesn't have a problem with being FORCED....she has other problems. ;)

omg, you can bow to the Federal government and Obama..no one will care
myself I live by my STATE government...since I LIVE here..that you don't see a difference is scary
you are so just babbling now...it's embarrassing

Last edited:

No. What SHOULD happen is that if I cannot pay, the hospitals chooses to either A.) Not provide any service, or, B.) put me on a payment plan requiring me to pay what I owe.

But that's not the way Dumbocrat communists work. Instead, everything is done by force for the "good of society" :lmao:

Sorry blow hard, but that is not how it works.You die at a hospital they do not take partial payments past 90 days. I had a brother in law die from pneumonia, he had a 45k dollar bill. His house was taken away and sold since he had no insurance and his family could not pay off the amount due past 90 days.

Last edited:

--Mark Twain

--Oscar Wilde

--George Bernard Shaw

--JFK

Some people aren't able to figure out the nuances of anything harder than "Dick and Jane".

Forum List

Back