The Hidden Demographic Shifts That Are Sinking The Republican Party

In his top-selling new book, Angry White Men, sociologist Michael Kimmel describes the gradual but profound changes that have marginalized — and continue to marginalize — christian white men in America. These changes, Kimmel argues, have left the country’s once dominant group with a sense of “aggrieved entitlement” — the sense that their rightful place has been usurped.:eusa_whistle:

Gee, somebody around here is obsessed with race.

Even if someday whites become a minority, what do you think is going to happen to the country? Will you stop blamming them for all your imagined problems? My guess is probably not. If it ever does happen, I imagine there will be a "whtie flight" out of America, just like what happened in Detroit.

It will be then, when the Progressives will celebrate their victory, and the entire nation will be as Detroit is today.

Gee, somebody around here is obsessed with race.

yea Guno and Dean....2 jerks obsessed with hating White people.....90% of their fucking posts thats all you see...with Guno its White people with Dean its White Republicans.....i think they were both T-Bagged by some white guys in front of the girls in high school....what else could it be?....

Now known as the white christian party.

"Most people have gotten the sense that rising diversity is making life hard for the Republican Party; ditto for the rise of the notably progressive Millennial generation. But there’s a lot more to American demographics than that — and it turns out that some of the lesser-discussed demographic patterns are likely to do quite a bit of damage to Republicans’ electoral fortunes as well."

The Hidden Demographic Shifts That Are Sinking The Republican Party | ThinkProgress

Did truthmatters open a new account using a different name. :D

It could also be Rdean, they sound a lot alike

Guno may be Deans first disciple......only he has taken it a step farther....he hates all white people.....

Laugh as they may, Republicans suffer from a demographic problem

They have lost the black vote and gays forever
The Hispanic vote with strong Christian and family values was once theirs for the taking. But they pissed it away to pander to the radical right. They took 27% in the last election

By blocking immigration reform, they will get even less in 2016

Drop below 25% and you will risk losing Florida, Arizona and Texas. Do that and you will never elect another Republican President

Last edited:
If white christian party members are angry now, just wait. The U.S. Census Bureau predicts that, by the year 2042, racial minority groups will make up the majority of the nation’s population—and voters. The white christian party by that time will be a regional party catering to the remnant of bitter old clingers.

By 2042 there will have been enough children/grown-ups from inter-racial marriages that your vile racist hopes for the demise of the white race will look like what it is: The pipe dream of a certifiable idiot.

Along with that consider the fact that normal people usually grow more conservative as they grow older - you know when they have to move out of Mom's basement and provide for themselves - so, while conservative older folks may not be white, they will be wiser and conservative.

FJO, your vile racist hopes that a robust, healthy, and solid inter-racial American population will not develop will explode.

I am white. I am not threatened by the future, FJO, and you are less white than me. Why are you threatened?

Democratic Party has a demographic problem: cannot attract White people.

More than 40% of the party is white, moron. And a majority of whit single women do not vote Republican, which will continue if the party does not wise up.

Here's how the propaganda works. When radical liberal blogs like the ironically named "think progress" find out that demographics are shifting away from the Hussein administration they are stumped until they invent a "hidden" demographic that they claim is shifting away from the GOP. It's all bull shit.

Whitehall, the demographics aren't shifting away from the dems.

I know this is hard for you, but that's the point.

The GOP far right is forcing the party to suicide itself.

And that is why the GOP mainstream stomped the TP into the mud this primary system.

That's only stopping the bleeding. Next the GOP needs to go after women and minorities.

Here's how the propaganda works. When radical liberal blogs like the ironically named "think progress" find out that demographics are shifting away from the Hussein administration they are stumped until they invent a "hidden" demographic that they claim is shifting away from the GOP. It's all bull shit.

I don't think you're using the word "demographics" correctly.

The article in the OP is ridiculous, but there's a modicum of truth to it - I don't think the Republican Party is going to "die", but there will be a significant paradigm shift in its policies. It's already happening.

Whitehall, the demographics aren't shifting away from the dems.

I know this is hard for you, but that's the point.

The GOP far right is forcing the party to suicide itself.

And that is why the GOP mainstream stomped the TP into the mud this primary system.

That's only stopping the bleeding. Next the GOP needs to go after women and minorities.

I think the Republican Party as we now know it is doomed. They can blame the media, free stuff, crooked elections or whatever. But until they hit rock bottom they will not change. By the time they hit rock bottom they will have lost a generation of voters

The article in the OP is ridiculous, but there's a modicum of truth to it - I don't think the Republican Party is going to "die", but there will be a significant paradigm shift in its policies. It's already happening.

I think there is a paradigm shift but it is happening very slowly. They are casting off the TeaTards but are still not affecting key demographics
The worst thing for Republicans is that they will pick up Congressmen in the House and possibly take the Senate. That will convince them that America loves them. Come 2016 in a Presidential election and having to defend 2010 seats, they will get pounded

I remember after Jimmy Carter the same thing was said about Democrats. They're doomed. Yes, they went 12 years without winning a Presidential election...but they modified their message as well as their outreach to voters. The Republicans will do the same...they will have no choice.

The doom and gloom for either party always makes me laugh.

"Most people have gotten the sense that rising diversity is making life hard for the Republican Party; ditto for the rise of the notably progressive Millennial generation. But there’s a lot more to American demographics than that — and it turns out that some of the lesser-discussed demographic patterns are likely to do quite a bit of damage to Republicans’ electoral fortunes as well."

The Hidden Demographic Shifts That Are Sinking The Republican Party | ThinkProgress
No doubt, democrats will gain strength over the long term because young people and minorities tend to support the issues the democrat support. As these young people grow older and the minorities increase in number so will the strength of the democratic party.

Geeze louise are you putting up another thread on this bullshit again?

White alone, percent, 2012 (a) 77.9%

Black or African American alone, percent definition and source info Black or African American alone, percent, 2012 (a) 13.1%

American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent definition and source info American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent, 2012 (a) 1.2%

Asian alone, percent definition and source info Asian alone, percent, 2012 (a) 5.1%

Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent definition and source info Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent, 2012 (a) 0.2%

Two or More Races, percent definition and source info Two or More Races, percent, 2012 2.4%

Hispanic or Latino, percent definition and source info Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2012 (b) 16.9%

White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent definition and source info White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2012 63.0%

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Here's a couple of things not in your statistics. At the current rate of increase of the minorities, they will become the majority by 2050. Also minorities tend to block vote. This is not good news for Republicans because the issues that they favor, the minorities don't.

Last edited:

No doubt, democrats will gain strength over the long term because young people and minorities tend to support the issues the democrat support. As these young people grow older and the minorities increase in number so will the strength of the democratic party.

Massive assumptions in your statement. Fine to express your opinion...but it doesn't make it fact.

Geeze louise are you putting up another thread on this bullshit again?

White alone, percent, 2012 (a) 77.9%

Black or African American alone, percent definition and source info Black or African American alone, percent, 2012 (a) 13.1%

American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent definition and source info American Indian and Alaska Native alone, percent, 2012 (a) 1.2%

Asian alone, percent definition and source info Asian alone, percent, 2012 (a) 5.1%

Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent definition and source info Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander alone, percent, 2012 (a) 0.2%

Two or More Races, percent definition and source info Two or More Races, percent, 2012 2.4%

Hispanic or Latino, percent definition and source info Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2012 (b) 16.9%

White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent definition and source info White alone, not Hispanic or Latino, percent, 2012 63.0%

USA QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau
Here's a couple of things not in your statistics. At the current rate of increase of the minorities, they will become the majority by 2050. Also minorities tend to block vote. This is not good news for Republicans because the issues that they favor, the minorities don't.

td's numbers ignore the obvious demographic trend to the Democratic Party.

The major issue is the reduction of white male voting electorate from 54% in 1960 to 34% in 2012. That will only continue to drop.

Forum List

Back