The House is voting on universal background checks tomorrow

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
after years of pushing for a vote, we are just 24 hours away from it becoming a reality. If you're one of the 97% of Americans that supports universal background checks, this is the moment to call your Representatives and make sure they know it.

after years of pushing for a vote, we are just 24 hours away from it becoming a reality. If you're one of the 97% of Americans that supports universal background checks, this is the moment to call your Representatives and make sure they know it.

Dead in the water, but will be fun to see how the vote goes.

Never pass the Senate as it is unconstitutional.

Is it though? I am vehemently against the idea, but not sure what part of the Constitution it would violate.

Not the 2nd, but maybe the 5th
It would require registration of all firearms a direct violation of the 2nd amendment. Further it is pointless since the Courts have already ruled that CRIMINALS are exempt from those laws as a violation of the 5th amendment.

And no ID for voting?

Is it though? I am vehemently against the idea, but not sure what part of the Constitution it would violate.

It would require registration of all firearms a direct violation of the 2nd amendment. Further it is pointless since the Courts have already ruled that CRIMINALS are exempt from those laws as a violation of the 5th amendment.
I didn't see that part about registration in the 2nd....

It would require registration of all firearms a direct violation of the 2nd amendment. .

how does registration infringe on the right to own something?
The State has no compelling interest to know who is exercising their rights under the Constitution.

It would require registration of all firearms a direct violation of the 2nd amendment. .

It doesn't and they know it. This is a total partisan football for both parties, much like abortion!

The State has no compelling interest to know who is exercising their rights under the Constitution.

that I agree with!.

It doesn't and they know it. This is a total partisan football for both parties, much like abortion!

what you on your side miss is that it does not have to be against the Constitution to be a terrible idea

that I agree with!.
Registration would permit the State to know who is exercising their 2nd amendment rights and would be an invasion of their privacy.

Forum List

Back