The Impeachment ‘Kill Switch’: McConnell Dismissal Rule Corners Dems, Blocks Antics as Trial Starts

Are you? See, most of those wailing that they want all this additional testimony will turn right around and insist they're lying if that testimony is not derogatory.
There’s only one way to find out.

Actually, you already know how you would react if any new testimony cleared Trump.

That's false. I'm interested in hearing from everyone involved in Trump's behavior. Are you?

We’ve already heard from the witnesses that Schiff allowed to be heard. Why didn't he get them all?
They refused to testify.
And you think the Senate will have better luck? Face it, Schiff decided not to follow up and compel their testimony. Now he (and you) both want to have the Senate make up for his lack of diligence. It's not their job. If he wanted their testimony, he knew how to get it. He didn't want it that bad, so there's little need for it now either. He left things in a state where Trump has the power. He can let them testify if the Senate allows it or he can hold them back unless the Senate wants a lengthy court battle keeping them off the campaign trail. Schiff really messed this up, because the democrats know full well they're stuck in session until the trial is over.

Actually, you already know how you would react if any new testimony cleared Trump.

That's false. I'm interested in hearing from everyone involved in Trump's behavior. Are you?

We’ve already heard from the witnesses that Schiff allowed to be heard. Why didn't he get them all?
They refused to testify.
And you think the Senate will have better luck? Face it, Schiff decided not to follow up and compel their testimony. Now he (and you) both want to have the Senate make up for his lack of diligence. It's not their job. If he wanted their testimony, he knew how to get it. He didn't want it that bad, so there's little need for it now either. He left things in a state where Trump has the power. He can let them testify if the Senate allows it or he can hold them back unless the Senate wants a lengthy court battle keeping them off the campaign trail. Schiff really messed this up, because the democrats know full well they're stuck in session until the trial is over.

Bolton certainly gives us reason to believe so.

They refused to testify.

Bolton certainly gives us reason to believe so.
And if Trump, Bolton, and the Senate Republicans want him to testify, he will. If not, well, tough. Schiff didn't do his job.

You really have no idea how you would react if all the new testimony clears Trump? That's odd.
How could I know how I’d react to testimony I haven’t heard?
Reading comprehension seems to escape you. It doesn't matter if you've heard it or not. You know how you'd react IF all the new testimony clears Trump. You would either be happy that an innocent man is being cleared or disappointed because an innocent man that you hate is being cleared. Since you've been posting a lot on this subject I will not believe you wouldn't care one way or another, so it has to be one of those choices.

Or perhaps you're holding back because you want the option to scream, "They're lying" so you can maintain your insistence that Trump is guilty, no matter what?

Are there any Liberals on this board who aren't emotionally and mentally disturbed?
Are there any Right of Liberal people on this Thread who realize the Liberals on this Thread are psychotic...or outright retarded?

When I got back, I went into therapy. Mostly trips to the Military Shrink, drugs and keep working. I was listed as not sane. In fact, if I were to try and get out of the service, it would have been denied. Unlike the Army, USAF doesn't have a 50% club. That went on for about 9 months. Then one day, they issued me a letter saying I was Sane. That means that the United States has certified that I am Sane and I have a letter to prove it.

You run around claiming that anyone that disagrees with you are insane. I have documented proof I am sane and I disagree with you. Now, what proof do you have that you are sane? Sorry, just because you say so doesn't work. Crazy People don't realize they are insane and will deny it. Remember, I have been on both sides of that fence. So are you sane? And do you have documented proof that you are.
I never make decisions based on anyone’s opinion.
I make decisions based upon facts upon which a flow chart would be comprised.
The fact is that every claim made against Trump has held up for 1 to 3 days before being discredited.
There is a point where fact vs fiction becomes a fantasy, not a reality.

All politicians are corrupt; this fact has nothing to do with a galley of penguins gathering for an “Impeachment” based on psychosis.

1 to 3 days? What Alternate Universe are you living in? IN this one we have a President called Trump. In yours, is Mary Poppins President? Step #1 to getting better is to stop with his crap of giving Trump all those free rides. No more "Here, Hold my Beer" moments to cover up for his last "Here Hold My Beer" Moment that was used to cover up .......

They refused to testify.

Yes, I do. Trump has been pulling these bullshit moves of block all oversight by the House by refusing to allow staff to testify and by sending over no documents, and telling staffers to ignore supoenas. The Courts have thrown out ever one of Trump's arguments and briefs and called their assertions of "executive privilege", specious, and in violation of the obligtion of the House to provide oversight under the Constitution. The witnesses have been ordered to appear, and the court has order the documents to be provided. William Barr's Department of Justice, whose job it is to uphold the laws of the land, are defending the President on this obstruction.

Trump thinks that if this goes to the SC, he'll win, and he's going to keep appealling these decisions until they get to the SC. That is why the impeachment has to go ahead now. Trump has done nothing to stop Russian interference in the 2020 election, and has actually handcuffed the security services of the government in preventing such interference, by refusing to declare this a problem and to devote the necessary resources to protecting the elections.

So yes, the Senate needs to do it's job here and continue to call witnesses and get documents, because their oath of office requires it.

I wonder what they consider a “dishonest, crooked stunt”?
ANYTHING a DIM DEM would attempt...........

Like calling witnesses...
a witness for what.
No witness for the dems has come forth with first hand knowledge.
It's all been hearsay
Les Parnas is a perfect example

well I never talked with Trump personally, but I know he would do it.

If your criticism is lack of first hand witnesses, then you must be in favor of calling people with first hand knowledge of why the aid was held.

So you're saying the house voted on articles that were insufficiently supported?

I wonder what they consider a “dishonest, crooked stunt”?

a witness for what.
It's all been hearsay

If your criticism is lack of first hand witnesses, then you must be in favor of calling people with first hand knowledge of why the aid was held.

So you're saying the house voted on articles that were insufficiently supported?

Depends on your definition of sufficiently supported. Many Trump supporters have a far higher definition since they are willing to give him the benefit of the doubt to a somewhat extreme degree.

They refused to testify.

Yes, I do. Trump has been pulling these bullshit moves of block all oversight by the House by refusing to allow staff to testify and by sending over no documents, and telling staffers to ignore supoenas. The Courts have thrown out ever one of Trump's arguments and briefs and called their assertions of "executive privilege", specious, and in violation of the obligtion of the House to provide oversight under the Constitution. The witnesses have been ordered to appear, and the court has order the documents to be provided. William Barr's Department of Justice, whose job it is to uphold the laws of the land, are defending the President on this obstruction.

Trump thinks that if this goes to the SC, he'll win, and he's going to keep appealling these decisions until they get to the SC. That is why the impeachment has to go ahead now. Trump has done nothing to stop Russian interference in the 2020 election, and has actually handcuffed the security services of the government in preventing such interference, by refusing to declare this a problem and to devote the necessary resources to protecting the elections.

So yes, the Senate needs to do it's job here and continue to call witnesses and get documents, because their oath of office requires it.

Simple fix in the Senate that wasn't available in the House. Rump wants to obstruct, fine. Rump wants to intimidate witnesses, fine. Rump wants to refuse to release information, fine. Simple solution and it doesn't involve a single court. His next round of golf is on HIS dime as a private citizen and the new President can decide what needs to be done.

a witness for what.
It's all been hearsay

ukraine got their aid and there was no biden investigation so you're wrong on both counts

Aid was released after the whistleblower was made known to Congress. Hardly exculpatory. And even so, not all aid was released. Millions couldn’t be moved due to the delays.

All aid was delivered within the parameters of the law. That's all that was required.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is as of now including in the U.S. Senate impeachment trial rules a “kill switch” that effectively allows for the president’s legal team to seek an immediate verdict or dismissal of the case should Democrats engage in any shenanigans like they did in the House process.

The revelation comes after the House finally late last week formally sent the Articles of Impeachment it adopted before Christmas—after holding them for more than a month without transmission—to the U.S. Senate, thereby triggering the start of a Senate trial. The Senate will formally commence its trial procedures in votes this coming week, and while some Republicans want to outright dismiss the charges altogether from the outset, others believe a trial should take place.

In so finally transmitting the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also named impeachment case managers—the Democrats who will present and manage the House’s case to the Senate—last week. They include House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY). Both Schiff and Nadler were widely panned for the highly unfair process they ran in the House of Representatives, and many Senate Republicans do not trust them to refrain from playing games that seek to make the Senate trial unfair to the president as the highly partisan process in the House ended up.

Republicans on the House side, who were essentially powerless to stop the Democrats’ shenanigans since they are in the minority in the lower chamber, are warning Senate Republicans to be on the lookout for Schiff’s gamesmanship and that from his ilk.

“It’s incumbent upon the Senate to preserve the right of the President’s legal team to ask for a verdict or move to dismiss this sham impeachment anytime they..

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

------------

“killswitch” will be thrown only if any Dem pulls a ruthless, dishonest, crooked stunt for their own political gain.

Dems: OMG. That means we’re finished....Flushed, ....Kaput.....where is that trump RED MAGA CAP?....ROTFLMFAO!!!

emergency-kill-switch-android.jpg

Anyone notice that the two democrats leading the impeachment against Trump are from:
  1. CALIFORNIA
  2. NEW YORK
The two most anti-Trump states with the most to gain with his removal?

What McConnell is saying is that he is the only one who gets to use political maneuvers

If the Dems try, he will declare “shenanigans” and declare Trump innocent
You mean like Schitt did in the basement and would NOT let anyone in to watch his TRIAL and refusal to let anyone on the right to testify?

Adam Schiff blocks Republicans' attempts to question impeachment witnesses
View attachment 301458
Nov 19, 2019 · Adam Schiff, the Democratic chair of the House Intelligence ... When Nunes continued questioning, Vindman refused to ... “ The whistleblower has the right, the statutory right to
I saw Republicans question all the witnesses. Mostly dumb questions.... But they were questions

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is as of now including in the U.S. Senate impeachment trial rules a “kill switch” that effectively allows for the president’s legal team to seek an immediate verdict or dismissal of the case should Democrats engage in any shenanigans like they did in the House process.

The revelation comes after the House finally late last week formally sent the Articles of Impeachment it adopted before Christmas—after holding them for more than a month without transmission—to the U.S. Senate, thereby triggering the start of a Senate trial. The Senate will formally commence its trial procedures in votes this coming week, and while some Republicans want to outright dismiss the charges altogether from the outset, others believe a trial should take place.

In so finally transmitting the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi also named impeachment case managers—the Democrats who will present and manage the House’s case to the Senate—last week. They include House Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff (D-CA) and House Judiciary Committee Chairman Rep. Jerry Nadler (D-NY). Both Schiff and Nadler were widely panned for the highly unfair process they ran in the House of Representatives, and many Senate Republicans do not trust them to refrain from playing games that seek to make the Senate trial unfair to the president as the highly partisan process in the House ended up.

Republicans on the House side, who were essentially powerless to stop the Democrats’ shenanigans since they are in the minority in the lower chamber, are warning Senate Republicans to be on the lookout for Schiff’s gamesmanship and that from his ilk.

“It’s incumbent upon the Senate to preserve the right of the President’s legal team to ask for a verdict or move to dismiss this sham impeachment anytime they..

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

------------

“killswitch” will be thrown only if any Dem pulls a ruthless, dishonest, crooked stunt for their own political gain.

Dems: OMG. That means we’re finished....Flushed, ....Kaput.....where is that trump RED MAGA CAP?....ROTFLMFAO!!!

View attachment 301497

Anyone notice that the two democrats leading the impeachment against Trump are from:
  1. CALIFORNIA
  2. NEW YORK
The two most anti-Trump states with the most to gain with his removal?
Trump is from NY

They refused to testify.

Simple fix in the Senate that wasn't available in the House. Rump wants to obstruct, fine. Rump wants to intimidate witnesses, fine. Rump wants to refuse to release information, fine. Simple solution and it doesn't involve a single court. His next round of golf is on HIS dime as a private citizen and the new President can decide what needs to be done.

That's not going to happen, moron. Trump isn't doing anything illegal. He isn't doing anything Obama didn't do, and you had no problem with it then.

McConnell is threatening that his shenanigans are acceptable but if Democrats try shenanigans he will stop the trial

An avenatti type of character would absolutely qualify.
Not sure what you mean by that.

Schumer has asked for 4 witnesses.
Mulvaney
Bolton
Blair
Duffey

Any reason you can think of that we shouldn’t hear from any of these people?

Whistle Blower
Joe Biden
Hunter Biden
and any other witnesses that the House denied the GOP.

None of them have any relevant information.

We should call Sean Hannity instead.

Are you? See, most of those wailing that they want all this additional testimony will turn right around and insist they're lying if that testimony is not derogatory.

They refused to testify.

There's a process to address that, why didn't the house use it? Evidently they weren't necessary to the case, because the house voted on the articles without them.

a witness for what.
It's all been hearsay

ukraine got their aid and there was no biden investigation so you're wrong on both counts

Aid was released after the whistleblower was made known to Congress. Hardly exculpatory. And even so, not all aid was released. Millions couldn’t be moved due to the delays.

All aid was delivered within the parameters of the law. That's all that was required.

Still incorrect. Haven’t I showed you the testimony that contradicts this? I think I have. Surprising how few people know this.

What McConnell is saying is that he is the only one who gets to use political maneuvers

If the Dems try, he will declare “shenanigans” and declare Trump innocent
You mean like Schitt did in the basement and would NOT let anyone in to watch his TRIAL and refusal to let anyone on the right to testify?

Adam Schiff blocks Republicans' attempts to question impeachment witnesses
View attachment 301458
Nov 19, 2019 · Adam Schiff, the Democratic chair of the House Intelligence ... When Nunes continued questioning, Vindman refused to ... “ The whistleblower has the right, the statutory right to
I saw Republicans question all the witnesses. Mostly dumb questions.... But they were questions
If you don't recall, Adolph Schiffler shut down Nunez and Stefanik when they attempted to ask questions Schiff didn't like. We also don't know what went on during the closed door sessions in the basement, but all the Republicans says there were a lot of questions that Adolph Schiffler objected to.

Forum List

Back