The inept and corrupt federal government

We the People will decide what congress can and cannot spend money on for our general welfare
Nope. You the anti-American marxists do not. The U.S. Constitution dictates what Congress can and cannot spend money on. That's just a simple fact. If you the anti-American marxists want to spend money on something now permitted in the U.S. Constitution, then you the anti-American marxists must get the votes necessary to amend the U.S. Constitution for your anti-American marxist vision. Sorry. I know that requires work and you anti-American marxists don't like work, but that's just the legal requirement of our system.

The Constitution says what the Court say it does. Justice Hughes.

We the People will decide what congress can and cannot spend money on for our general welfare
Nope. You the anti-American marxists do not. The U.S. Constitution dictates what Congress can and cannot spend money on. That's just a simple fact. If you the anti-American marxists want to spend money on something now permitted in the U.S. Constitution, then you the anti-American marxists must get the votes necessary to amend the U.S. Constitution for your anti-American marxist vision. Sorry. I know that requires work and you anti-American marxists don't like work, but that's just the legal requirement of our system.

The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land (per the Supremacy Clause) and trumps "Justice Hughes" beliefs. See, beliefs and opinions are not law. Law is law.

The repulsive waste, fraud, and abuse continues. We must put a stop to this...

Taxpayers Foot Bill for ‘Doggie Hamlet’

One mans Doggie Hamlet is another mans Shakespeare
And neither can be legally funded by the U.S. government. They simply do not have the authority to spend my tax dollars on art, plays, etc. (no matter how badly you want to spin it).

Of course they do

Government can spend money on art and culture to enhance the General Welfare of We the People

Is the Government allowed to spend money on National Parks?

Allowed ?

I really want the government (that is so owned by special interests) to pick my art for me at my expense ?

Don't think so.

The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land (per the Supremacy Clause) and trumps "Justice Hughes" beliefs. See, beliefs and opinions are not law. Law is law.
How about, if the beliefs and opinions are the beliefs and opinions of a majority of the Supreme Court?

9ut

Uh, don't look now, Poodle, but your boy Trump wants to spend a Trillion Dollars on infrastructure.

again, guy, trump is going to spend a TRILLION on infrastructure. Maybe you need to go to Trump Tower and explain your wonderful thoughts on what the constitution says, Poodle.

Your fact is not supported by any court decision in the last 200 years

If you think any expenditure by Congress is unconstitutional, you are welcome to challenge it in the courts or find like minded citizens to vote those Congressmen out of office

And neither can be legally funded by the U.S. government. They simply do not have the authority to spend my tax dollars on art, plays, etc. (no matter how badly you want to spin it).

Of course they do

Government can spend money on art and culture to enhance the General Welfare of We the People

Allowed ?

I really want the government (that is so owned by special interests) to pick my art for me at my expense ?

Don't think so.

They don't pick it for you...they pick it for the public

Art enhances quality of life and quality of life is part of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

Of course they do

Allowed ?

Don't think so.

Art enhances quality of life and quality of life is part of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness"

So, I'm not the public ?

Thanks for letting me know.

Some art enhances the quality of life for some people.

And art is not part of "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".

What a stupid concept.

Uh, don't look now, Poodle, but your boy Trump wants to spend a Trillion Dollars on infrastructure.

And you guys believe him ?

When did that start ?

Your fact is not supported by any court decision in the last 200 years

If you think any expenditure by Congress is unconstitutional, you are welcome to challenge it in the courts or find like minded citizens to vote those Congressmen out of office

It does say that.

Congress has not followed it for many years.

Hence, the hope that Trump will put 2 or 3 new justices .....all committed to cutting our Federal Government in half when cases come before them.

“There are two ways to conquer and enslave a country. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.” – John Adams

I'll take "Enslaved by Debt for $20 Trillion, Alex"

Of course they do

Allowed ?

Don't think so.

So, I'm not the public ?

What a stupid concept.

Art, parks, architecture, clean streets all add to quality of life

Of course they do

Allowed ?

Don't think so.

So, I'm not the public ?

What a stupid concept.

Architecture can suck.

Art can suck.

Parks can suck.

Clean streets are not the responsibility of the federal government.

Hold onto your belief so you can justify your nanny state fetish.

And you guys believe him ?

When did that start ?

Hey, this is something he's proposing thats actually a good idea. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

I guess my point is...why do you think he'll do this when he has supposedly lied about so many other things.

I realize that he isn't even in yet...but the left seems want to bury him already.

I guess my point is...why do you think he'll do this when he has supposedly lied about so many other things.

I realize that he isn't even in yet...but the left seems want to bury him already.

Oh, I would like to do nothing better than to bury Trump, and then try to forget this whole thing never happened. Give it a year, so will the rest of the country.

But I do think he'll try to push through the infrastructure program, because it's the kind of crowd-pleasing thing that would feed his narcissism.

Oh, I would like to do nothing better than to bury Trump, and then try to forget this whole thing never happened. Give it a year, so will the rest of the country.

But I do think he'll try to push through the infrastructure program, because it's the kind of crowd-pleasing thing that would feed his narcissism.

He only pleases one crowd....and you are not in it.

He pushes something like that and he's likely to piss off his base.

I guess we'll see.

As to the election, it was going to suck no matter who won. But I have really enjoyed watching the baboons on the left screaming and throwing feces like the spoiled brats they are.

Of course they do

Allowed ?

Don't think so.

So, I'm not the public ?

What a stupid concept.

Architecture can suck.

Art can suck.

Parks can suck.

Clean streets are not the responsibility of the federal government.

Hold onto your belief so you can justify your nanny state fetish.
Wars can suck too

But we keep paying for them

He only pleases one crowd....and you are not in it.

He pushes something like that and he's likely to piss off his base.

Why would he do that? His base has already shown they have no principles.

Frankly, what I've seen from his base is a lot of rationalizing, from chumming up with Putin (remember when Romney said Russia was our biggest threat?) to defending talking about grabbing pussy.

As I said, I think that he will probably do the infrastructure thing because it would get wide support, it would create jobs, and it will show he's getting things done. He'll probably still find a way to fuck it up, though.

Forum List

Back