The largest transfer of wealth in the history of the world...

I pay my internet bill every month, that's how the internet survives. Bezos is only one of billions that benefit from this internet. I can't imagine life without it now that it's here.
I, too, find it difficult to imagine life without the Internet, but I have no difficulty recognizing Bezos for the corporate parasite he has become.
1608132875824.jpeg

That few know about, thanks to a billionaire/government controlled corporate media.

Are not the following words depressingly true?

The Institute for Policy Studies has just released a new analysis showing that since the start of the Covid-19 “pandemic” in mid-March and the subsequent transfer upwards of $5 trillion to the wealthy and largest corporations through the Cares Act, approved 96-0 in the U.S. Senate, 650 U.S. billionaires have gained over a trillion dollars in eight months as the America people have suffered an economic catastrophe. This shift upward of massive wealth under Trump is similar to Obama’s massive 2009 bailout of the banks on the backs of American workers. Both were justified through feats of legerdemain by both political parties, accomplices in the fleecing of regular people, many of whom continue to support the politicians that screw them while telling them they care.

If the Democrats and the Republicans are at war as is often claimed, it is only over who gets the larger part of the spoils. Trump and Biden work for the same bosses, those I call the Umbrella People (those who own and run the country through their intelligence/military/media operatives), who produce and direct the movie that keeps so many Americans on the edge of their seats in the hope that their chosen good guy wins in the end.

The Past Lives On: The Elite Strategy To Divide and Conquer – Edward Curtin
"transfer of wealth"
That's such a neat catch phrase....it always seems to get the beggars among us worked up into a begging frenzy.
I'm still confused by this "transfer" and how it all works.
Explain a little further in your own words would you please....Are you saying wealthy positive contributors were somehow stealing from ShaQuita and Guadalupe who have an effective tax rate of zero? How were these wealthy positive contributors "transferring wealth" from the empty bank accounts of ShaQuita and Guadalupe?
Explain this so we have a better understanding...maybe we can level with you if you can better inform us dummies.
Thank in advance.

Congress gave ordinary people $1200 once. And gave trillions to large corporations such as Foremost Group (which Mitch McConnell is married to). Shutdowns gave preferential treatment to major Dem campaign contributors such as Walmart.

Actually $6.5 Trillion spent last and little went to the poor. FACT! What a country.

Just because you didn't get any doesn't mean it didn't go to average ordinary people. We've always taken care of our poor. In fact our so-called poor do better than working people many times. What good is a $1,200 stimulus check if there is no place to work after it's gone? That's what's happening to these populated Democrat areas. Businesses are closing down left and right.

Actually $6.5 Trillion spent last and little went to the poor. FACT! What a country.

Just because you didn't get any doesn't mean it didn't go to average ordinary people. We've always taken care of our poor. In fact our so-called poor do better than working people many times. What good is a $1,200 stimulus check if there is no place to work after it's gone? That's what's happening to these populated Democrat areas. Businesses are closing down left and right.
There it is again. Accusing me of having a personal motive that dumb cons always resort to.

There it is again. Accusing me of having a personal motive that dumb cons always resort to.
With all due respect bud, you've kinda outed yourself. You see, NOBODY even semi successful is a proponent of higher taxes for ANYBODY. Nobody even semi successful thinks Americans should be forced to invest in our bottom feeders and illegals.

I pay my internet bill every month, that's how the internet survives. Bezos is only one of billions that benefit from this internet. I can't imagine life without it now that it's here.
I, too, find it difficult to imagine life without the Internet, but I have no difficulty recognizing Bezos for the corporate parasite he has become.
View attachment 429807
Corporations don't pay income taxes...shareholders do. What did Bezos pay in personal income tax in 2018?

Yes I’m concerned about the welfare of poor Americans, unlike you. You only care about the ultra wealthy and the MIC, yet they only harm you. Proving you’re dumb.

Yeah, but giving poor people money and allowing businesses to close up by the hundreds of thousands is smart? Is the government going to support these people forever since there won't be any jobs to go back to after this virus is behind us?

Yes I’m concerned about the welfare of poor Americans, unlike you. You only care about the ultra wealthy and the MIC, yet they only harm you. Proving you’re dumb.

Yeah, but giving poor people money and allowing businesses to close up by the hundreds of thousands is smart? Is the government going to support these people forever since there won't be any jobs to go back to after this virus is behind us?
No. The government supports the wealthy and big corporations, and you’re happy with that.

No. The government supports the wealthy and big corporations, and you’re happy with that.

They also support small business as my link demonstrated. Do you really believe in too big to fail? The federal government LOANED these businesses funds to keep them afloat during these challenging times. We lost enough businesses as it is. When better times come about and hopefully these vaccines will be a huge success, these businesses are going to have to reimburse the government for the money they were given. It won't cost taxpayers a dime with the exception of those who had to close up anyway.

Corporations don't pay income taxes...shareholders do. What did Bezos pay in personal income tax in 2018?
Corporations are citizens, and they are dependent on government in ways Jeff Bezos is not, yet at least 60 companies reported their 2018 federal income tax rates amounted to $0.

You paid taxes. These corporations didn't. – Center for Public Integrity

"Among them are household names like technology giant Amazon.com Inc. and entertainment streaming service Netflix Inc., in addition to global oil giant Chevron Corp., pharmaceutical manufacturer Eli Lilly & Co., and farming and commercial equipment manufacturer Deere & Co..."

"'Instead of paying $16.4 billion in taxes, as the new 21 percent corporate tax rate requires, these companies enjoyed a net corporate tax rebate of $4.3 billion, blowing a $20.7 billion hole in the federal budget last year.'

When big corporations avoid all income taxes on billions in profits it sends a powerful message to 90% of working Americans: your tax system is stacked against you in favor of corporations and the richest ten percent of your fellow countrymen and women.

Corporations are citizens, and they are dependent on government in ways Jeff Bezos is not, yet at least 60 companies reported their 2018 federal income tax rates amounted to $0.

"Among them are household names like technology giant Amazon.com Inc. and entertainment streaming service Netflix Inc., in addition to global oil giant Chevron Corp., pharmaceutical manufacturer Eli Lilly & Co., and farming and commercial equipment manufacturer Deere & Co..."

"'Instead of paying $16.4 billion in taxes, as the new 21 percent corporate tax rate requires, these companies enjoyed a net corporate tax rebate of $4.3 billion, blowing a $20.7 billion hole in the federal budget last year.'

When big corporations avoid all income taxes on billions in profits it sends a powerful message to 90% of working Americans: your tax system is stacked against you in favor of corporations and the richest ten percent of your fellow countrymen and women.

What else can I teach you for free today?

Taxing anyone more is not the answer, or even an answer- taxes are theft, unless it's "official" legal theft-
Business owners pass the tax demanded on to consumers- that's the tax code- classing people per their income-

If corporations are, indeed, people, as is claimed then they too should be robbed- but the tax code insures they can pass it on to consumers resulting in higher costs to consumers- it's a shell game.

If their net profit is zero, how much tax should they pay?

What else can I teach you for free today?
The connection between pass-through tax scams and TARP:

https://cdn.americanprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/05070331/PassthrutaxationAug.pdf

"What the big pass-through tax loophole and TARP have in common is that both heavily benefit the financial industry: 70 percent of partnership income—the primary business form that big businesses use to avoid corporate taxes—goes to the financial industry and holding companies.8

"The major differences between the big pass-through loophole and TARP, however, are that TARP ended up only costing $28 billion and helped prevent the next Great Depression.9

"The tax revenue lost from hedge funds, private equity firms, other financial firms, and holding companies pretending to be small businesses, on the other hand, is gone forever from federal revenues and only benefitted the mostly wealthy owners of private businesses."

Here's a bonus question, Professor:
What makes you think FIRE sector parasites need more money?

fire_economy.png

America’s Path To A FIRE Economy

If corporations are, indeed, people, as is claimed then they too should be robbed- but the tax code insures they can pass it on to consumers resulting in higher costs to consumers- it's a shell game.
It is indeed a shell game, but I wonder if consumers/taxpayers might want to consider what they could get in return for taxing corporations?

The dollar value of such a tax could fund Medicare for All or provide a down payment on millions of living wage infrastructure jobs..
1608164000499.png

It is indeed a shell game, but I wonder if consumers/taxpayers might want to consider what they could get in return for taxing corporations?

The dollar value of such a tax could fund Medicare for All or provide a down payment on millions of living wage infrastructure jobs..
View attachment 430004

Medicare for all would cost tens of trillions of dollars; money corporations don't have unless you take just about all their money away.

Taxing anyone more is not the answer, or even an answer- taxes are theft, unless it's "official" legal theft-
Business owners pass the tax demanded on to consumers- that's the tax code- classing people per their income-

It has nothing to do with the tax code. Businesses have always passed off all costs to the consumer be it taxes, costly regulations, employee healthcare costs, demands for increased wages.

Forum List

Back