The last Honorable President of United States

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Honorable - one with integrity and willingness to do what is believed to be right, despite the harm it may bring to themselves.

The last President who deserves this label, in my opinion is H.W. Bush.
How sad is that? That the last President who conducted themselves in this manner was 28 years ago.
And we can clearly see where it has lead us.
There will be those who will say "what about Obama?". Obama conducted himself with physical poise and professionalism. But that does not make one honorable. Obama did many, many things that resulted in significant loss and pain to the many for the gain of the few. (including of course his own gain)
That is not honorable.
H.W. Bush is the last President that acted and chose according to what he believed to be right for the American people, and the country.
Some of his ideals and actions were wrong. Particularly his work with building economic relations with China. But that is much more out of his inability to see or predict the ruthless greed that led to where China is today.
Nothing showed the character of HW more than when he raised taxes. Despite heavy resistance within his own party, and the brutal attack by the media who constantly replayed his unfortunate campaign promise - READ MY LIPS!!! NO NEW TAXES.
In an interview 15 years later he was asked "knowing that it might have caused you the Presidency, would you still have done it?" - without hesitation he said "absolutely, it was the right thing to do".
A leader who chooses to do what is right, even if it cost them their own job... is who you want as President.
Will we ever have someone like that again?

Honorable - one with integrity and willingness to do what is believed to be right, despite the harm it may bring to themselves.

How sad is that? That the last President who conducted themselves in this manner was 28 years ago.
There will be those who will say "what about Obama?". Obama conducted himself with physical poise and professionalism. But that does not make one honorable. Obama did many, many things that resulted in significant loss and pain to the many for the gain of the few. (including of course his own gain)
That is not honorable.
H.W. Bush is the last President that acted and chose according to what he believed to be right for the American people, and the country.
Some of his ideals and actions were wrong. Particularly his work with building economic relations with China. But that is much more out of his inability to see or predict the ruthless greed that led to where China is today.
Nothing showed the character of HW more than when he raised taxes. Despite heavy resistance within his own party, and the brutal attack by the media who constantly replayed his unfortunate campaign promise - READ MY LIPS!!! NO NEW TAXES.
In an interview 15 years later he was asked "knowing that it might have caused you the Presidency, would you still have done it?" - without hesitation he said "absolutely, it was the right thing to do".
A leader who chooses to do what is right, even if it cost them their own job... is who you want as President.
heheheheh,,,hahahahaha,,,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

That is not honorable.
heheheheh,,,hahahahaha,,,HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!
A typical response from a court jester

That is not honorable.

What did Obama do for his own personal gain?

when-im-waiting-for-a-gif-to-load-13413.gif

That is not honorable.
Yes I voted for Bush Sr, but I knew better to vote for Bush Jr.

Jimmy carter. As ineffectual as he was, he was very honorable. No one since has even come close.
jimmy was the perfect example of "the road to hell is paved with good intentions"

his education programs destroyed the education system in this country,,,

That is not honorable.

You've been had BIG TIME

i'll spell it out for you......

N-W-O........... G-l-o-b-a-l-i-s-t

That is not honorable.

It was behind the scenes. Progs are like the Borg. One know what the other one is doing. It is only how far they decide to go that is different. Obama moved the Progs much more further left. And it gave them the confidence to believe they were going for the kill in 2016. You see how your Prog Party and citizen adherents have acted like since then and even before.

That is not honorable.
Well thank you for an actual response that isn't childish or a product of ignorance.
I also voted for HW when he ran against Dukakis.... I mean...hell. But I voted for Clinton when he ran again.

That is not honorable.
Do you think that they ALL acted and chose ACCORDING TO WHat they believed to be right for the American people?

You are making this determination on the basis of a false premise that those you disagree with are acting NOT in what they believed to be the best interest of the nation.

So, you realize what that means about your thread?

Jimmy carter. As ineffectual as he was, he was very honorable. No one since has even come close.
I would completely agree that he was an honorable man. And charitable, and caring.
But he was not cut out for President. He wasn't a person who was capable of making the hard choices.

The rights change was due to a black man in the white house. The racist action came out to roost.

That is not honorable.
Well thank you for an actual response that isn't childish or a product of ignorance.
I also voted for HW when he ran against Dukakis.... I mean...hell. But I voted for Clinton when he ran again.

I never voted for B. Clinton but I did vote for Hillary.

That is not honorable.

It was behind the scenes. Progs are like the Borg. One know what the other one is doing. It is only how far they decide to go that is different. Obama moved the Progs much more further left. And it gave them the confidence to believe they were going for the kill in 2016. You see how your Prog Party and citizen adherents have acted like since then and even before.

What nonsense. Obama was classic center left and he did NOTHING for personal gain. Even his stock assets were converted to T-bills prior to inauguration. The money he made came from the books that he wrote. NOT from grifting and gouging the US taxpayer.

That is not honorable.

You've been had BIG TIME

i'll spell it out for you......

N-W-O........... G-l-o-b-a-l-i-s-t
I do believe that Bush was indeed naive in what would result with his involvement and push to build economic growth for China. Undoubtedly his worse move. Nothing else even comes close.
His reference to New World Order was not related to globalism or economics, but rather a world that ends widespread human misery by countries acting together to end it. The War in Iraq was what he used as an example of it. Multiple countries involved in dismantling a regime that attacked it's neighbors that if left unchallenged would have resulted in a much larger war with possibly other players than just Iraq.

Forum List

Back