The Lazy Poor

see post 63. lets get back to the original program. so are libs game? can we put these people to work for their money?

WPA works for me. Lets find some shovel ready projects

Let Republicans go into poor neighborhoods with solid job prospects. Real jobs that people can support a family on

The poor will vote Republican forever

Why don't Republicans put their money where their mouth is?

whiy don't the dems? it is dem leaders elected in those poor neighborhoods. shouldn't they be the ones stepping up to the plate in their communities? actually benefitting the people who voted for them.

The Dems have shown they are incapable of helping the poor. Why can't Republicans show the right way to do it? Of course Republicans would actually have to enter poor neighborhoods and interact with the poor. That is something they have been unwilling to do in the past

This goes far beyond "the poor" in the big picture.

When we lower standards, when we lower expectations, when we make excuses for others, when we spend more effort in building some artificial "self esteem" than we do motivating others to exert real effort and reach their potential, we're hurting people in both the short term and the long term. How we don't see that is an abject mystery to me.

The worst part is that the above actions have become ingrained of our culture, and our decay will continue until we find a way to reverse it. Personally, I don't see how that happens.

There's not enough to go around for everyone to reach their potential. We're already graduating thousands from college who can't find jobs in what they were educated for.

That is the grim reality at its most basic level.

Yet, we have jobs going begging. Where I work, we are trying to hire more qualified electricians and millwrights. These jobs pay from 75K to 150K a year, depending on the overtime, and we cannot fill them. Problem is, that we need certain kinds of workers, and many of those needed are technicians, not people with BA or BS degrees.

Also, all too many US companies have ceased doing their own R and D. While places like China and South Korea are expanding their R and D. It is called, eating the seed corn.

no if welfare was like it was back in the day when Roosevelt first started it, the wouldn't be lazy. they would be of building the infrastructures. roads, bridges, damns, all sorts of public works. how did the liberals let this program fall apart so badly?

I guess Obama's "shovel ready" jobs are still not shovel ready.

Let Republicans go into poor neighborhoods with solid job prospects. Real jobs that people can support a family on

whiy don't the dems? it is dem leaders elected in those poor neighborhoods. shouldn't they be the ones stepping up to the plate in their communities? actually benefitting the people who voted for them.

The Dems have shown they are incapable of helping the poor. Why can't Republicans show the right way to do it? Of course Republicans would actually have to enter poor neighborhoods and interact with the poor. That is something they have been unwilling to do in the past

maybe when the poor wake up and realize the democrats are doing nothing for them and start voting republican they will get the help they need. but as it is even the republicans are powerless to do anything in democratic controlled areas. you can't just walk in and do. you have to pass legislation. dems aren't going to pass any republican legislation

no if welfare was like it was back in the day when Roosevelt first started it, the wouldn't be lazy. they would be of building the infrastructures. roads, bridges, damns, all sorts of public works. how did the liberals let this program fall apart so badly?

I guess Obama's "shovel ready" jobs are still not shovel ready.

the only thing they are shoveling is his shit

It is obvious that Democratic policies for the poor are not working

How can Republicans exploit this situation?

How about you offer an alternative to poor people? Start to offer jobs and job training to the poor. Have Republicans become a fixture in poor neighborhoods where they mentor poor families, help them find work, offer assistance if they fail

Let poor people start to say....I escaped poverty because of Republicans

How about it Republicans? Why don't you do it?

see post 63. lets get back to the original program. so are libs game? can we put these people to work for their money?

Shovel ready projects. So many available. Many of our National Park infrastructures are falling apart. These are our National Jewels, we should keep them in prime condition, they truly belong to all of us.

Our National Forests need thinning and much other work. The Forest Service has seen most of it's money go to fire suppresion in the last decade, and simply has not had to money to do the work that needs done.

Development and care of Urban Parks. For the souls of our cities and spaces that are at least somewhat natural, we need more of these.

When we lower standards, when we lower expectations, when we make excuses for others, when we spend more effort in building some artificial "self esteem" than we do motivating others to exert real effort and reach their potential, we're hurting people in both the short term and the long term. How we don't see that is an abject mystery to me.

The worst part is that the above actions have become ingrained of our culture, and our decay will continue until we find a way to reverse it. Personally, I don't see how that happens.

There's not enough to go around for everyone to reach their potential. We're already graduating thousands from college who can't find jobs in what they were educated for.

Yet, we have jobs going begging. Where I work, we are trying to hire more qualified electricians and millwrights. These jobs pay from 75K to 150K a year, depending on the overtime, and we cannot fill them. Problem is, that we need certain kinds of workers, and many of those needed are technicians, not people with BA or BS degrees.

Also, all too many US companies have ceased doing their own R and D. While places like China and South Korea are expanding their R and D. It is called, eating the seed corn.

We let our jobs in basic industry get away from us and end up in foreign countries where they are being done by the working poor.

Without that broad base of relatively labor intensive, but fairly well paying jobs to absorb a large portion of the job seeking population, which is always there and always growing,

Americans have to compete for fewer jobs and jobs requiring more skills, or suffer the alternative of taking the lower paying jobs that are still available. That increases the need for 2 earner households, which puts even more pressure on the job market.

maybe when the poor wake up and realize the democrats are doing nothing for them and start voting republican they will get the help they need. but as it is even the republicans are powerless to do anything in democratic controlled areas. you can't just walk in and do. you have to pass legislation. dems aren't going to pass any republican legislation

What legislation is required for Republicans to go into poor neighborhoods and start offering jobs that people can support themselves on?

Hell with the Democrats, they are only looking to give handouts. Republicans need to be a face in poor neighborhoods. Someone that poor people can walk up to and say...I need a job

I made reference in earlier post about volunteering with Habitat for Humanity.

I know you will doubt that I did that, so you will probably dismiss my observation as anecdotal, that almost of all the people I worked with were Republicans.

I favored Habitat for Humanity, because it is NOT a charity. People, in order to get a house, must put in sweat equity, have a job and BUY the house. I worked along with future owners and fellow conservatives, mostly in Homestead, Cutler Ridge, Goulds, Florida, but also - and I sure you will NOT believe this, because according to your ilk all conservatives are racists - in OVERTOWN.

Just a real time observation from a liberal that is nearly 70, packing a full time job, and paying his own way through college. An observation about kids, 20 to 30 who, for the most part, are riding on Daddy's money.

and kids 20 -30 tend to be more democrat than republican. just like i was before i sobered up and stopped drinking the koolaid

Yes, however, those that are riding on Daddy's money tend to be Republican, and spout Ayn Rand and Ann Coultier nonsense. And fail in math and science. Those subjects take the kind of work ethic you find among those that work for a living.

true, the democrats are riding on the taxpayers money

What legislation is required for Republicans to go into poor neighborhoods and start offering jobs that people can support themselves on?

Hell with the Democrats, they are only looking to give handouts. Republicans need to be a face in poor neighborhoods. Someone that poor people can walk up to and say...I need a job

where do they get the funding? oh yea. they need legislation. good luck getting the democrats to vote on that

Not enough to go around? bullshit! There isn't one pie split thinner and thinner as more people come of working age. You make more pies. The problem is, we've been sold the idea that everyone needs a college education when a technical school would be perfectly fine for many students. One of the reasons so many college graduates can't find a job is because there is only so much call for history and english majors. You have a masters in english......great, could you super size that order for me?

Our educational model is wrong. While there is room for majors like english and history, colleges and universities need to be geared towards current and futures jobs in demand. I've told the story before, but my son is majoring in Fire Protection and Safety Technolgy at one of only two universities with an accredited program. There are only 200 students in his school's program. They graduate with job offers in hand, some starting at six figures because every major industry and corporation has need for this particular discipline. He is finishing his sophomore year and two weeks after finals, he is on a plane to Alaska for an internship with BP. He will be working 14 day rotations at 12 hours per day. His hourly pay will come to $24 and some change. Because of the way the shifts work, some of those hours will be time and a half at $36. Not bad for a 20 year old kid. Now, he beat out 121 other applicants for the job, but that is because he is carrying a 4.0 GPA among other things. Even the kids who didn't earnthat particular internship of carry his GPA will find other internships and employment after college.

Life is about choices. Within those choices your intelligence and abilities play a significant role. There is no such thing as "fair". Intelligent people with some ambition are going to do better than an average student who becomes a plumber and they will do better than those who think education and a job is for chumps as long as the government will keep supporting them.

where do they get the funding? oh yea. they need legislation. good luck getting the democrats to vote on that

Funding? Who needs funding?

I'm talking about jobs. Not government handout jobs that Democrats give, but REAL jobs

The jobs that Republicans control. Corporate jobs. You want minorities and the poor to vote Republican? Go into their neighborhoods and offer them real jobs for real pay. They will vote Republican for life

I'm talking about jobs. Not government handout jobs that Democrats give, but REAL jobs

The jobs that Republicans control. Corporate jobs. You want minorities and the poor to vote Republican? Go into their neighborhoods and offer them real jobs for real pay. They will vote Republican for life

Taxes to high thats why they left in the 1st place.

mmm, welfare jobs are government handout jobs. why should republicans go into neighborhoods that do not vote for them? they create jobs in the communities that support them.

Taxes to high thats why they left in the 1st place.

and don't forget about the unions that outprice the labor.

Ever notice that PC complains incessantly about the poor and the welfare state that assists them,

but NEVER offers a better way to do things?

Yes she does. Embrace a system that values morality and hard work and teach your children that there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and nobody owes them anything...that what they get they will have to earn.

mmm, welfare jobs are government handout jobs. why should republicans go into neighborhoods that do not vote for them? they create jobs in the communities that support them.

Kind of a chicken or the egg for Republicans isn't it?

Ignore minorities and the poor and they will vote Democrat. They have no reason to vote Republican. Go into poor neighborhoods. Let them know Republicans are there and are helping people find jobs.........they will be Republican for life

Last edited:
Ever notice that PC complains incessantly about the poor and the welfare state that assists them,

but NEVER offers a better way to do things?

Yes she does. Embrace a system that values morality and hard work and teach your children that there is a right way and a wrong way to do things, and nobody owes them anything...that what they get they will have to earn.

That is a totally alien concept of Obama voters/supporters.

What we have done is to tell people they no longer have to move to find work. It used to be that people would move to where the industry was...and in that way fortunes and wealth are made. Anymore, the government shuts down the industry, and pays people to sit on their asses in cities, where there are too many unskilled workers and not enough work. And between the unions and the insurance companies, the jobs that DO exist impose so many requirements on who can fill the positions that it prevents most poor losers from getting a foot in the door.

Forum List

Back