The left and the right can't get along, so what if we just split up?

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
Just thought I would throw this out there to break away from the hundreds of posts about the election and candidates:

As time progresses, it seems the left and right drift more and more apart. So my question is, if we just decided to divide the country in half (conservative on one side, liberals on the other, and anybody in between would have to choose a side) would you approve of it and if so, what would be the advantage to your side over the other?

As a conservative, on our side, I would like to see much less government regulation so as to attract more businesses. On our side, everybody would pay income tax regardless of income. Our social programs would be only for those who could absolutely not work, and prison would be a hellhole where most of the time prisoners spent would be in solitary confinement as to deter crime. People who use deadly force would not be held liable to the subject or family, and illegal immigrants would be immediately deported or jailed. Our death penalty would be carried out within six months after conviction (all appeals exhausted) and would be made public for all of society to witness.

So to the liberals, what would your side be like with huge taxation against the rich, an unarmed society, drugs run freely, and so many environmental regulations that nobody could possibly open up a business for profit?

Just thought I would throw this out there to break away from the hundreds of posts about the election and candidates:

As time progresses, it seems the left and right drift more and more apart. So my question is, if we just decided to divide the country in half (conservative on one side, liberals on the other, and anybody in between would have to choose a side) would you approve of it and if so, what would be the advantage to your side over the other?

As a conservative, on our side, I would like to see much less government regulation so as to attract more businesses. On our side, everybody would pay income tax regardless of income. Our social programs would be only for those who could absolutely not work, and prison would be a hellhole where most of the time prisoners spent would be in solitary confinement as to deter crime. People who use deadly force would not be held liable to the subject or family, and illegal immigrants would be immediately deported or jailed. Our death penalty would be carried out within six months after conviction (all appeals exhausted) and would be made public for all of society to witness.

So to the liberals, what would your side be like with huge taxation against the rich, an unarmed society, drugs run freely, and so many environmental regulations that nobody could possibly open up a business for profit?
^ That post will forever serve as evidence that you're an embarrassing low-info voter.

What you fail to understand is that the left are tyrants. They wish to impose their will, not only on conservative America, but the rest of the world as well.

They have the power, why would they relinquish it?

What you fail to understand is that the left are tyrants. They wish to impose their will, not only on conservative America, but the rest of the world as well.

That would be a problem, but our President would be Donald Trump, and he would build a huge wall to keep liberals from infecting our side. After all, when there is no work on the left side, they would need to find work where work is at.

^ That post will forever serve as evidence that you're an embarrassing low-info voter.

A reply I expected from the left.

Okay... and that's a reply I'd expect from some idiot who thinks the country should split in two :cuckoo:

So are you a Trump or establishment voter?

OP: Ignorance and intolerance like yours is at the core of the division in this country.

Who divides the country more than the left? Black vs White, rich vs poor, woman vs men, smokers vs non-smokers, police vs criminal, religion vs secular, straight vs gay.......

The problem is that the left divides this country into groups, and then decides which side they want to favor and which side they wish to chastise.

Okay... and that's a reply I'd expect from some idiot who thinks the country should split in two :cuckoo:

Pay attention, the country is already spit in two. Thus far, I fail to see anybody from the left chime in with the advantages they would have over the right side. That's pretty much reflective of the cities run by Democrats and liberals.

Pay attention, the country is already spit in two. Thus far, I fail to see anybody from the left chime in with the advantages they would have over the right side. That's pretty much reflective of the cities run by Democrats and liberals.

Oh okay.

:cuckoo:

The problem is that the left divides this country into groups, and then decides which side they want to favor and which side they wish to chastise.

Ray... you are accusing left for what the right has been doing for years...chastising the gays, the poor, women.

As time progresses, it seems the left and right drift more and more apart. So my question is, if we just decided to divide the country in half

Half nothing. Give the Left Rhode Island. That's it.

The left would probably be carrying the load for the old, sick, and poor.

The right will probably have much more freedom for the rich....so the middle class would have to go to the left so they could eat. Except for the scraps thrown at them from the rich.

More politics of division from republicans, more fear and contempt for diversity, dissent, and individual liberty from the right.

Sad.

It wouldn't work! when the libs screwed up their side they would just sneak over to our side and screw it up.

That would be a problem, but our President would be Donald Trump, and he would build a huge wall to keep liberals from infecting our side. After all, when there is no work on the left side, they would need to find work where work is at.
Further evidence of the ignorance and childish stupidity common to most on the ridiculous right – the infantile mentality of 'take the ball and go home' because conservatives don't always get their way.

Further evidence of the ignorance and childish stupidity common to most on the ridiculous right – the infantile mentality of 'take the ball and go home' because conservatives don't always get their way
Oh you are going to see for the first time in a long time the conservatives winning. It's time over due that we get our way so hold on pal.

Dear Votto
1. by empowering their CONSTITUENT base to take back the party and get what they want by investing and building it themselves
2. by organizing a mass LAWSUIT or PETITION or LEGISLATION
ordering the party leaders to pay restitution OWED to constituents
by making them pay back either donations and/or monies abused by govt that DIDN'T go into the promised programs. And MAKE them pay that money into those programs or else it's FRAUD if they don't deliver what they accepts MONEY and VOTES to do.
3. or at least LOBBYING for #2, and even if it doesn't work legally or legislatively the PUBLICITY and PRESSURE would make the party leaders have to build the programs they have been promising their party

Basically it can be compelled by lobbying, suing or writing/pushing legislation
by which the leftwing party leaders are petitioned/ordered to invest in and build
these "social programs" themselves, directly or indirectly throught PARTY structures
organized democratically from the local precinct levels all the way to the national/federal levels.
And keep those programs OUT of govt, but controlled and funded by locally
elected party leaders and party principles written, enforced and endorse by FREE CHOICE
of the party members and leaders who AGREE WITH THOSE BELIEFS and principles.

Same way CHURCH leaders, programs and members create manage
and fund their own programs. The benefit is that nobody is opposed.
they have full control of getting what they want because they already agree to those goals!

Forum List

Back