The Left Loses Ground...

And dum-dum gets his ass handed to him. Again.
Polls are evidence of what pollsters want them to be. Let me word the question and I'll get you the results you want.

So you're claiming that all the polls taken about Obamacare that showed a slight majority opposing it were simply polls that were manipulated by the pollster to get that result?

There's never been a slight majority that opposes socialized medicine in the US. The VAST MAJORITY OF THE US HAS ALWAYS OPPOSED IT.

Oh really? And how do you know that? Or are you just lying?

It's a Self-evident truth, Gilligan, which I defined for you when I said:

Where_r_my_Keys said:
There's never been a slight majority that opposes socialized medicine in the US. The VAST MAJORITY OF THE US HAS ALWAYS OPPOSED IT.

You'd think the consistent landslide rejection of the Left since 2008 would have clue'd ya in. It started with obamaScare, then doubled down when Lesbians started ruining the lives of innocent people, like they were unwanted pregnancies. But hey... I say you idiots should just keep rollin' right along like ya have been.

Sooner or later we're bound to boot the GOP Royalty from the Legislative Leadership and maybe even an American President.

THEN.... maybe we can give you an idea of what a viable government looks like, just before you fall into irrelevance.[/qoute]

Which part of that would you like to formally deny?

You can't prove that most Americans oppose socialized medicine so you can't state it as fact.

I actually DID prove it. And I did so by noting the US REJECTION OF SUCH, in THREE CONSECUTIVE ELECTIONS, when the US Electorate, PROVED IT... AGAIN!

If ya like, I can go back to the Rejection of Hillary-Scare in 1994?

(Reader, the Left trotted out ObamaScare in 1994 under the rubric 'Hillary-Scare'... and was treated to a LANDSLIDE DEFEAT, not at all unlike the three consecutive landslides they've suffered since they elected the Brown-Clown.)

...in the culture war!

The overbearing bullying harassment and browbeating by the Left is finally proving the law of diminishing returns. Recent events have revealed gaping holes developing in the imagined monolithic worldview of Liberals!

The specific battle seemed to be the bumper-sticker 'gay rights,' but, is actually a part of the larger secular war against religion.

1. "...the cultural Left is hoping to dominate the culture...it is overreaching, extending beyond the limits of its power. It is exposing itself to embarrassing cultural defeats and succeeding mainly in hardening conservative resolve.

Four truths are emerging:

First, the battle is not between gay rights and religious liberty—although religious liberty is certainly at stake—but between the sexual revolution and Christianity itself....[the Left's demands for] wholesale changes to the historical doctrines of the church.

Second, not a single orthodox denomination is making or even contemplating such changes.

Third, rather than going quietly, cultural conservatism is showing increasing strength ...opposing leftist campaigns at the ground level, bypassing politics to support those most embattled by radical hate campaigns.

And fourth, the conservative grassroots and conservative public intellectuals are united...

So I'm not going to address the fact that no such war exists, and I'm not going to address that many members of the American left are Christian and that many Christians support gay rights.

Let's instead say you are completely correct that there's a war between the secular left against religion, especially Christianity. In that case, you picked an absolutely terrible time to claim that the left is losing while Christianity is winning. The most recent Pew study on religion showed a continuing decline in the fraction of Americans who self-identify as Christian. The actual study can be found here. The study showed that in percentage of total population every major Christian group is down over the last few years, and that for most of them, the absolute numbers are also down. Meanwhile, the percentages identifying as either no religion, atheist or agnostic, have all gone up and continue to increase. There's a decent argument that the level of decline of Christianity is being overstated in the popular press but even those making that argument acknowledge a real decline.

Bottom line: if there is any such war, the side that is losing is Christianity.

The reason that the Pew study was created was exactly because the culture war is losing steam.
It is there to convince you that the Left is winning.

If it was.....why would judges be needed to keep changing what voters choose?

As for your final question, worth noting that in the early 2000s many more people were against gay marriage than are today. See here. As to your second statement, are you seriously arguing that Pew is part of some left-wing conspiracy making up studies to try to promote the left's failing agenda? Do you know who Pew is?

Yes, she started a thread claiming the Left is losing ground in the face of indisputable evidence that the Left is gaining ground.

That's a standard issue propaganda tactic straight out of the rightwing propaganda machine...

...and a weird one, for sure.

You're blathering irrelevantly, trying to prove an irrelevant point.

It's located in stacks of case law which are in fact part of the Constitution, as the interpretation of it.

It's also located in the 9th amendment.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
I dont see the word "privacy" anywhere in there. Do you have some different edition from mine that contains the word, dum-dum?

I don't see the words 'semi-automatic rifle' in the 2nd amendment. Do you assume they are not protected by that amendment?

You dont' see it, because it's not there... what IS there is "ARMS" in the sense of the period, where the term referred to the state of the art weaponry essential to the state of freedom.

But hey... in your defense, as an imbecile, there was no way you could have known THAT!

So you agree with me, i.e., that people like the Rabbi and PoliticalChic are full of shit when they start arguing that privacy is not a protected right in the Constitution because the specific word 'privacy' doesn't appear in the document.
So you're saying the Constitution means whatever you think it ought to mean?

I'm not a judge, but judges have the power to interpret the Constitution and make their conclusions enforceable case law. The Constitution is useless without that judiciary power.

So you're claiming that all the polls taken about Obamacare that showed a slight majority opposing it were simply polls that were manipulated by the pollster to get that result?

Oh really? And how do you know that? Or are you just lying?

It's a Self-evident truth, Gilligan, which I defined for you when I said:

Where_r_my_Keys said:

You'd think the consistent landslide rejection of the Left since 2008 would have clue'd ya in. It started with obamaScare, then doubled down when Lesbians started ruining the lives of innocent people, like they were unwanted pregnancies. But hey... I say you idiots should just keep rollin' right along like ya have been.

Sooner or later we're bound to boot the GOP Royalty from the Legislative Leadership and maybe even an American President.

THEN.... maybe we can give you an idea of what a viable government looks like, just before you fall into irrelevance.[/qoute]

Which part of that would you like to formally deny?

You can't prove that most Americans oppose socialized medicine so you can't state it as fact.

I actually DID prove it. And I did so by noting the US REJECTION OF SUCH, in THREE CONSECUTIVE ELECTIONS, when the US Electorate, PROVED IT... AGAIN!

If ya like, I can go back to the Rejection of Hillary-Scare in 1994?

(Reader, the Left trotted out ObamaScare in 1994 under the rubric 'Hillary-Scare'... and was treated to a LANDSLIDE DEFEAT, not at all unlike the three consecutive landslides they've suffered since they elected the Brown-Clown.)

Rejected what? Is Medicare gone? Is Medicaid gone? Is VA healthcare gone?

...in the culture war!

The overbearing bullying harassment and browbeating by the Left is finally proving the law of diminishing returns. Recent events have revealed gaping holes developing in the imagined monolithic worldview of Liberals!

The specific battle seemed to be the bumper-sticker 'gay rights,' but, is actually a part of the larger secular war against religion.

1. "...the cultural Left is hoping to dominate the culture...it is overreaching, extending beyond the limits of its power. It is exposing itself to embarrassing cultural defeats and succeeding mainly in hardening conservative resolve.

First, the battle is not between gay rights and religious liberty—although religious liberty is certainly at stake—but between the sexual revolution and Christianity itself....[the Left's demands for] wholesale changes to the historical doctrines of the church.

Second, not a single orthodox denomination is making or even contemplating such changes.

Third, rather than going quietly, cultural conservatism is showing increasing strength ...opposing leftist campaigns at the ground level, bypassing politics to support those most embattled by radical hate campaigns.

And fourth, the conservative grassroots and conservative public intellectuals are united...

So I'm not going to address the fact that no such war exists, and I'm not going to address that many members of the American left are Christian and that many Christians support gay rights.

Let's instead say you are completely correct that there's a war between the secular left against religion, especially Christianity. In that case, you picked an absolutely terrible time to claim that the left is losing while Christianity is winning. The most recent Pew study on religion showed a continuing decline in the fraction of Americans who self-identify as Christian. The actual study can be found here. The study showed that in percentage of total population every major Christian group is down over the last few years, and that for most of them, the absolute numbers are also down. Meanwhile, the percentages identifying as either no religion, atheist or agnostic, have all gone up and continue to increase. There's a decent argument that the level of decline of Christianity is being overstated in the popular press but even those making that argument acknowledge a real decline.

The reason that the Pew study was created was exactly because the culture war is losing steam.

As for your final question, worth noting that in the early 2000s many more people were against gay marriage than are today. See here. As to your second statement, are you seriously arguing that Pew is part of some left-wing conspiracy making up studies to try to promote the left's failing agenda? Do you know who Pew is?

Some believe so.

"I've had several right wingers tell me now that "Pew Is a left wing thing tank headquartered in DC. They produce polls that tend to support left wing progressive talkling points." What exactly can I say to this?
As for Pew's bias, I trying to think of a thread hear lately. Seemed to me that their questions were biased to the left by asking not about an action, but about an echo of it. I thought the bias was obvious. I felt the pollsters have a vested interest that is forwarded by finding the 'facts' that their customers most likely want to hear. More left leaning customers, more left leaning results."
Credibility of Pew Research - International Skeptics Forum

I'm not a judge, but judges have the power to interpret the Constitution and make their conclusions enforceable case law. The Constitution is useless without that judiciary power.

ROFLMNAO! And for the lowly Relativist... that means that their Judges are free to just MAKE IT UP! Because, THEY GOT THE POWUH!

(Reader, that's a fair demonstration of why no culture with a goal of remaining viable, should EVER ALLOW LEFTISTS, anywhere NEAR POWER.

You see, they lack the means to reason OBJECTIVELY... thus power is axiomatically ABUSED, wherever the Left finds it. And this... without exception.)

"A federal judge in North Carolina’s Western District issued an order late Friday afternoon striking down the state’s anti-LGBT constitutional amendment. The order permanently prohibiting the state in a United Church of Christ lawsuit from enforcing the ban. Additionally, the judge denied Republican state leaders’ motion to intervene in the case."
Judge overturns anti-LGBT amendment in North Carolina QNotes
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

The Founders are turning in their graves. We need to go after these activist judges with tar and feathers.

You are a very silly person.
Your admission of defeat is noted.
The USSC will hand the homos their asses. They know if they legalize gay marriage they will open the floodgates of lawsuits against every religious institution in this country. The Solicitor General already copped to that.

Yes, you've "defeated" me. I have no response to your silly "tar and feathering".

Judges appointed and elected by both Democrats and Republicans have ruled on Same Sex marriage cases.

A surprising number of judges who rule for gay marriage are Republicans

So, drama queen, our system of government is being followed. Gays are redressing their grievances through the courts. Civil Rights have been won this way. We have a long history of it.

I'm sorry there's no "It Get's Better" videos for old bigots. Maybe you found your niche.
There is no civil rights issue here. Another fallacy.

You are just reiterating that you're a very silly person. You want to argue the world where it is in your head, not where it is in reality.

In reality, gays will still be marrying and in about a month those marriages will be recognized in all 50 states, just like yours (if you are civilly married, of course).

...in the culture war!

Some believe so.

"I've had several right wingers tell me now that "Pew Is a left wing thing tank headquartered in DC. They produce polls that tend to support left wing progressive talkling points." What exactly can I say to this?
As for Pew's bias, I trying to think of a thread hear lately. Seemed to me that their questions were biased to the left by asking not about an action, but about an echo of it. I thought the bias was obvious. I felt the pollsters have a vested interest that is forwarded by finding the 'facts' that their customers most likely want to hear. More left leaning customers, more left leaning results."

List the major pollsters you do not consider biased.

Yes, she started a thread claiming the Left is losing ground in the face of indisputable evidence that the Left is gaining ground.

LOL! That's dam' near an exact quote from Napoleon, at Waterloo.

Then tell us where is left losing ground on gay marriage.

Well, let's see... There's the whole thing where the Left LOST SEATS in almost every Legislative body in the United States... across the political spectrum; local, state and federal... over three consecutive elections.

Now, Gilligan, would you like to show where Homosexuals enjoy political support in the Tea Party, which is to say: the ever more conservative GOP?

I'm here for ya buddy.

Some believe so.

So to be clear, you are arguing that Pew is not just skewing-left, but is actually engaging in studies deliberately designed to shore up the left, and your only evidence is that on another random internet forum, some random other person claimed that Pew skews left?

ROFLMNAO! And for the lowly Relativist... that means that their Judges are free to just MAKE IT UP! Because, THEY GOT THE POWUH!

(Reader, that's a fair demonstration of why no culture with a goal of remaining viable, should EVER ALLOW LEFTISTS, anywhere NEAR POWER.

You see, they lack the means to reason OBJECTIVELY... thus power is axiomatically ABUSED, wherever the Left finds it. And this... without exception.)

They have the constitutional power. You can take that power away by amending the Constitution. Good luck.

Why don't you want the Court to have the power to interpret the Constitution and rule on matters of constitutionality.?

They have the constitutional power. You can take that power away by amending the Constitution. Good luck.

Why don't you want the Court to have the power to interpret the Constitution and rule on matters of constitutionality.?

Ok.. and let me then just repeat myself:

Of course Gilligan feels that Leftists on the Judiciary will NEVER LOSE THEIR POWER... because 'THEY NEVER HAVE'... in its lifetime, so therefore, to it: "It's IMPOSSIBLE!".

The three consecutive landslide losses the Left has experienced, has NO BEARING on Gilligan's reasoning, because Gilligan can only reason through that which serves ITS OWN PERSONAL NEEDS.

Such is the nature of Relativism and THAT is why Relativism is wholly antithetical to American Principle.

...in the culture war!

Some believe so.

How about Gallup?

bb8ic2qate-wa_cbgc2ifg.png

oops...wrong one. Here you go.

y0ffodnhgeejsgoevfw40w.png

...in the culture war!

Some believe so.

List the major pollsters you do not consider biased.

Sure.....here's one:

"Lost amid today's Supreme Court oral arguments on California's Proposition 8 is a simple question: How did a gay marriage ban pass in one of the most liberal states in the country just four years ago?

the "yes" vote was in favor of eliminating same-sex marriage -- 52.3 percent to 47.7 percent. "
How Proposition 8 passed in California and why it wouldn t today - The Washington Post

Some believe so.

So to be clear, you are arguing that Pew is not just skewing-left, but is actually engaging in studies deliberately designed to shore up the left, and your only evidence is that on another random internet forum, some random other person claimed that Pew skews left?

What I'm stating is that, in the face of the following...

"...the religious liberty movement is showing increasing, not decreasing cultural strength.While it is easy to grow discouraged in the face of events like Brendan Eich’s departure from Mozilla, the wave ofthreats directed at vendorslike Memories Pizza, Republican politicians’ continued timidity on “culture war” issues, andthe climate of intolerance that exists on campuses and in the mainstream media,the Left’s prominent failures are starting to outnumber its recent successes.

§ Cultural conservatives answeredthe Left’s attempted Chick-fil-A boycottwith a “buycott” that swamped stores nationwide, even causing some to run out of food for customers eager to show their support for a beloved restaurant, owned by people who share their moral principles.

§ Leftist pressureagainst Hobby Lobby failed.Customers were either supportive of the owners or indifferent to politics, and boycotts had no effect on Hobby Lobby’s bottom line or its willingness to fight. Not only did Hobby Lobby win its Supreme Court case, its owners are set to open a massive new Museum of the Bible near the National Mall.

§Efforts to drive Phil Robertson—ofDuck Dynastyfame—off the airafter controversial comments on sexual morality failed, giving cultural conservatives a victory in a medium (cable television) seen as almost uniformly hostile to orthodox Christianity. While Robertson has remained a polarizing figure (and often says things that make many of his supporters uncomfortable), there has been no serious repeat effort to remove him from the air.

§ In Houston, leftist government officials were forcedto backtrack within days after issuing subpoenas requiring area pastors to turn over the contents of their sermonsand other communications. The public outcry was so swift and so great that the city capitulated even before a judge could rule on motions to quash.

Even in Indiana, as Republican politicians quickly caved to corporate and media pressure,the grassroots response in support of Memories Pizza soon swamped the Left.A GoFundMe account set up to support the owners raised more than $800,000 in small donations in a matter of days (including over $200,000 in one day), putting the pizza restaurant in a far superior financial position than it had enjoyed before the controversy. The message was clear: Cultural conservatives are not, in fact, culturally isolated but rather have the support of millions of Americans who oppose leftist bullying."Imprimis A monthly digest on liberty and the defense of America s founding principles"

....it was more than convenient for the Left to claim the Pew Poll as the fact.

Forum List

Back