The Left Loses Ground...

So I'm not going to address the fact that no such war exists, and I'm not going to address that many members of the American left are Christian and that many Christians support gay rights.

Let's instead say you are completely correct that there's a war between the secular left against religion, especially Christianity. In that case, you picked an absolutely terrible time to claim that the left is losing while Christianity is winning. The most recent Pew study on religion showed a continuing decline in the fraction of Americans who self-identify as Christian. The actual study can be found here. The study showed that in percentage of total population every major Christian group is down over the last few years, and that for most of them, the absolute numbers are also down. Meanwhile, the percentages identifying as either no religion, atheist or agnostic, have all gone up and continue to increase. There's a decent argument that the level of decline of Christianity is being overstated in the popular press but even those making that argument acknowledge a real decline.

Bottom line: if there is any such war, the side that is losing is Christianity.

The reason that the Pew study was created was exactly because the culture war is losing steam.
It is there to convince you that the Left is winning.

If it was.....why would judges be needed to keep changing what voters choose?

As for your final question, worth noting that in the early 2000s many more people were against gay marriage than are today. See here. As to your second statement, are you seriously arguing that Pew is part of some left-wing conspiracy making up studies to try to promote the left's failing agenda? Do you know who Pew is?

Some believe so.

"I've had several right wingers tell me now that "Pew Is a left wing thing tank headquartered in DC. They produce polls that tend to support left wing progressive talkling points." What exactly can I say to this?
As for Pew's bias, I trying to think of a thread hear lately. Seemed to me that their questions were biased to the left by asking not about an action, but about an echo of it. I thought the bias was obvious. I felt the pollsters have a vested interest that is forwarded by finding the 'facts' that their customers most likely want to hear. More left leaning customers, more left leaning results."
Credibility of Pew Research - International Skeptics Forum

List the major pollsters you do not consider biased.

Sure.....here's one:

"Lost amid today's Supreme Court oral arguments on California's Proposition 8 is a simple question: How did a gay marriage ban pass in one of the most liberal states in the country just four years ago?

the "yes" vote was in favor of eliminating same-sex marriage -- 52.3 percent to 47.7 percent. "
How Proposition 8 passed in California and why it wouldn t today - The Washington Post

Alphabet soup.

The question was:

So I'm not going to address the fact that no such war exists, and I'm not going to address that many members of the American left are Christian and that many Christians support gay rights.

Let's instead say you are completely correct that there's a war between the secular left against religion, especially Christianity. In that case, you picked an absolutely terrible time to claim that the left is losing while Christianity is winning. The most recent Pew study on religion showed a continuing decline in the fraction of Americans who self-identify as Christian. The actual study can be found here. The study showed that in percentage of total population every major Christian group is down over the last few years, and that for most of them, the absolute numbers are also down. Meanwhile, the percentages identifying as either no religion, atheist or agnostic, have all gone up and continue to increase. There's a decent argument that the level of decline of Christianity is being overstated in the popular press but even those making that argument acknowledge a real decline.

The reason that the Pew study was created was exactly because the culture war is losing steam.

As for your final question, worth noting that in the early 2000s many more people were against gay marriage than are today. See here. As to your second statement, are you seriously arguing that Pew is part of some left-wing conspiracy making up studies to try to promote the left's failing agenda? Do you know who Pew is?

Some believe so.

"I've had several right wingers tell me now that "Pew Is a left wing thing tank headquartered in DC. They produce polls that tend to support left wing progressive talkling points." What exactly can I say to this?
As for Pew's bias, I trying to think of a thread hear lately. Seemed to me that their questions were biased to the left by asking not about an action, but about an echo of it. I thought the bias was obvious. I felt the pollsters have a vested interest that is forwarded by finding the 'facts' that their customers most likely want to hear. More left leaning customers, more left leaning results."

Sure.....here's one:

"Lost amid today's Supreme Court oral arguments on California's Proposition 8 is a simple question: How did a gay marriage ban pass in one of the most liberal states in the country just four years ago?

the "yes" vote was in favor of eliminating same-sex marriage -- 52.3 percent to 47.7 percent. "
How Proposition 8 passed in California and why it wouldn t today - The Washington Post

You cannot answer a direct question can you? Link to a current, national, poll on same sex marriage that supports your contention that a majority of those polled are opposed to gays marrying.

Some believe so.

So to be clear, you are arguing that Pew is not just skewing-left, but is actually engaging in studies deliberately designed to shore up the left, and your only evidence is that on another random internet forum, some random other person claimed that Pew skews left?

What I'm stating is that, in the face of the following...

"...the religious liberty movement is showing increasing, not decreasing cultural strength.While it is easy to grow discouraged in the face of events like Brendan Eich’s departure from Mozilla, the wave ofthreats directed at vendorslike Memories Pizza, Republican politicians’ continued timidity on “culture war” issues, andthe climate of intolerance that exists on campuses and in the mainstream media,the Left’s prominent failures are starting to outnumber its recent successes.

§ Cultural conservatives answeredthe Left’s attempted Chick-fil-A boycottwith a “buycott” that swamped stores nationwide, even causing some to run out of food for customers eager to show their support for a beloved restaurant, owned by people who share their moral principles.

§ Leftist pressureagainst Hobby Lobby failed.Customers were either supportive of the owners or indifferent to politics, and boycotts had no effect on Hobby Lobby’s bottom line or its willingness to fight. Not only did Hobby Lobby win its Supreme Court case, its owners are set to open a massive new Museum of the Bible near the National Mall.

§Efforts to drive Phil Robertson—ofDuck Dynastyfame—off the airafter controversial comments on sexual morality failed, giving cultural conservatives a victory in a medium (cable television) seen as almost uniformly hostile to orthodox Christianity. While Robertson has remained a polarizing figure (and often says things that make many of his supporters uncomfortable), there has been no serious repeat effort to remove him from the air.

§ In Houston, leftist government officials were forcedto backtrack within days after issuing subpoenas requiring area pastors to turn over the contents of their sermonsand other communications. The public outcry was so swift and so great that the city capitulated even before a judge could rule on motions to quash.

Even in Indiana, as Republican politicians quickly caved to corporate and media pressure,the grassroots response in support of Memories Pizza soon swamped the Left.A GoFundMe account set up to support the owners raised more than $800,000 in small donations in a matter of days (including over $200,000 in one day), putting the pizza restaurant in a far superior financial position than it had enjoyed before the controversy. The message was clear: Cultural conservatives are not, in fact, culturally isolated but rather have the support of millions of Americans who oppose leftist bullying."Imprimis A monthly digest on liberty and the defense of America s founding principles"

....it was more than convenient for the Left to claim the Pew Poll as the fact.

Best part of the above post is a Duck Dynasty reference. It's Golden Oldie day!

How about Gallup?

bb8ic2qate-wa_cbgc2ifg.png

oops...wrong one. Here you go.

y0ffodnhgeejsgoevfw40w.png

Someone go find a chart which shows the States who have upheld the Natural Standards of Marriage, which were overturned by a tiny minority of Leftist Judges... I think that picture of LEGITIMATE POLLING... wherein THE VAST MAJORITY OF LEGISLATORS WHO WERE ELECTED BY THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE, VOTED TO RECOGNIZE, RESPECT, DEFEND AND ADHERE TO THE NATURAL STANDARD OF MARRIAGE AND WHICH WERE SIGNED INTO LAW BY THE VAST MAJORITY OF GOVERNORS WHO WERE, AGAIN, ELECTED BY THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE.

Some believe so.

Sure.....here's one:

You cannot answer a direct question can you? Link to a current, national, poll on same sex marriage that supports your contention that a majority of those polled are opposed to gays marrying.

No she won't because she's trying to avoid being proven wrong.

Some believe so.

How about Gallup?

Someone go find a chart which shows the States who have upheld the Natural Standards of Marriage, which were overturned by a tiny minority of Leftist Judges... I think that picture of LEGITIMATE POLLING... wherein THE VAST MAJORITY OF LEGISLATORS WHO WERE ELECTED BY THE VAST MAJORITY OF PEOPLE, VOTED TO RECOGNIZE, RESPECT, DEFEND AND ADHERE TO THE NATURAL STANDARD OF MARRIAGE AND WHICH WERE SIGNED INTO LAW BY THE VAST MAJORITY OF GOVERNORS WHO WERE, AGAIN, ELECTED BY THE VAST MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE.

Judges are either elected or appointed by elected officials. The people have their say in who gets on the courts.

Some believe so.

Sure.....here's one:

No she won't because she's trying to avoid being proven wrong.

Its been answered... See: #304

Some believe so.

How about Gallup?

Judges are either elected or appointed by elected officials. The people have their say in who gets on the courts.

ROFLMNAO! CLUELESS!
Folks you can NOT underestimate the means of a Relativist to grasp the obvious.

Some believe so.

So to be clear, you are arguing that Pew is not just skewing-left, but is actually engaging in studies deliberately designed to shore up the left, and your only evidence is that on another random internet forum, some random other person claimed that Pew skews left?

"...the religious liberty movement is showing increasing, not decreasing cultural strength.While it is easy to grow discouraged in the face of events like Brendan Eich’s departure from Mozilla, the wave ofthreats directed at vendorslike Memories Pizza, Republican politicians’ continued timidity on “culture war” issues, andthe climate of intolerance that exists on campuses and in the mainstream media,the Left’s prominent failures are starting to outnumber its recent successes.

§ Cultural conservatives answeredthe Left’s attempted Chick-fil-A boycottwith a “buycott” that swamped stores nationwide, even causing some to run out of food for customers eager to show their support for a beloved restaurant, owned by people who share their moral principles.

§ Leftist pressureagainst Hobby Lobby failed.Customers were either supportive of the owners or indifferent to politics, and boycotts had no effect on Hobby Lobby’s bottom line or its willingness to fight. Not only did Hobby Lobby win its Supreme Court case, its owners are set to open a massive new Museum of the Bible near the National Mall.

§Efforts to drive Phil Robertson—ofDuck Dynastyfame—off the airafter controversial comments on sexual morality failed, giving cultural conservatives a victory in a medium (cable television) seen as almost uniformly hostile to orthodox Christianity. While Robertson has remained a polarizing figure (and often says things that make many of his supporters uncomfortable), there has been no serious repeat effort to remove him from the air.

§ In Houston, leftist government officials were forcedto backtrack within days after issuing subpoenas requiring area pastors to turn over the contents of their sermonsand other communications. The public outcry was so swift and so great that the city capitulated even before a judge could rule on motions to quash.

Even in Indiana, as Republican politicians quickly caved to corporate and media pressure,the grassroots response in support of Memories Pizza soon swamped the Left.A GoFundMe account set up to support the owners raised more than $800,000 in small donations in a matter of days (including over $200,000 in one day), putting the pizza restaurant in a far superior financial position than it had enjoyed before the controversy. The message was clear: Cultural conservatives are not, in fact, culturally isolated but rather have the support of millions of Americans who oppose leftist bullying."Imprimis A monthly digest on liberty and the defense of America s founding principles"

In a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Thursday, 54 percent of 892 adult Americans polled said they believe it is wrong for businesses to refuse service on the grounds of religious freedom. Twenty-eight percent said businesses should be afforded the right to deny service.

Fifty-five percent of respondents said employers should not be given the right to refuse to hire a person based on religious reasons, and 27 percent believe they should.

Read more: Poll Most Americans oppose discriminatory religious freedom laws - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO

A new CNN/ORC poll finds 57% feel businesses such as caterers or florists should be required to serve gay or lesbian couples just as they would heterosexual couples, while 41% say they should be allowed to refuse service for religious reasons. That's a shift from a Pew Research Center poll conducted last fall, which found just 49% thought businesses ought to be required to serve same-sex couples while 47% that they should be allowed to refuse service on religious grounds.

Majority oppose religious freedom laws - CNNPolitics.com

Some believe so.

In a Reuters/Ipsos poll released Thursday, 54 percent of 892 adult Americans polled said they believe it is wrong for businesses to refuse service on the grounds of religious freedom. Twenty-eight percent said businesses should be afforded the right to deny service.

Fifty-five percent of respondents said employers should not be given the right to refuse to hire a person based on religious reasons, and 27 percent believe they should.

Read more: Poll Most Americans oppose discriminatory religious freedom laws - Kendall Breitman - POLITICO

A new CNN/ORC poll finds 57% feel businesses such as caterers or florists should be required to serve gay or lesbian couples just as they would heterosexual couples, while 41% say they should be allowed to refuse service for religious reasons. That's a shift from a Pew Research Center poll conducted last fall, which found just 49% thought businesses ought to be required to serve same-sex couples while 47% that they should be allowed to refuse service on religious grounds.

I'd guess that here were considerably more than " 892 adult Americans" involved in the examples I gave.

Wadda ya' think?

Some believe so.

POPULARITY POLLING...

LOL!

Folks... what is the only LEGI-TIMATE poll in a republic?

We call it: LEGI-SLATION.

Now in 2014... Which won that election?

The pro-homo Cult or Americans?

There's nothing complex about any of this... The Left has shoved Sexual Deviancy down our throats ever since obama was appointed Peasantpimp.

And ever since then, IN NEARLY EVERY LEGISLATIVE BODY IN THE US, THE SUPPORT FOR THE NORMALIZATION OF SEXUAL DEVIANCY HAS LOST VOTES.

IT'S NOT EVEN, A DEBATABLE POINT.

YET THE RELATIVISTS, NEED TO DEBATE IT.

Some believe so.

POPULARITY POLLING...

LOL!

There's nothing complex about any of this... The Left has shoved Sexual Deviancy down our throats ever since obama was appointed Peasantpimp.

And ever since then, IN NEARLY EVERY LEGISLATIVE BODY IN THE US, THE SUPPORT FOR THE NORMALIZATION OF SEXUAL DEVIANCY HAS LOST VOTES.

Americans disagree with you, Pubes.

You lost.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

The Founders are turning in their graves. We need to go after these activist judges with tar and feathers.

You are a very silly person.
Your admission of defeat is noted.
The USSC will hand the homos their asses. They know if they legalize gay marriage they will open the floodgates of lawsuits against every religious institution in this country. The Solicitor General already copped to that.

Yes, you've "defeated" me. I have no response to your silly "tar and feathering".

Judges appointed and elected by both Democrats and Republicans have ruled on Same Sex marriage cases.

A surprising number of judges who rule for gay marriage are Republicans

So, drama queen, our system of government is being followed. Gays are redressing their grievances through the courts. Civil Rights have been won this way. We have a long history of it.

I'm sorry there's no "It Get's Better" videos for old bigots. Maybe you found your niche.
There is no civil rights issue here. Another fallacy.

You are just reiterating that you're a very silly person. You want to argue the world where it is in your head, not where it is in reality.

In reality, gays will still be marrying and in about a month those marriages will be recognized in all 50 states, just like yours (if you are civilly married, of course).
In reality the USSC realizes the danger inventing a constitutional right of same sex marriage would create. With any luck they'll legalize stoning gays.

Some believe so.

POPULARITY POLLING...

LOL!

Americans disagree with you, Pubes.

You lost.
Wrong. Gay marriage was an overwhelming loser at the polls. That's why the homos took to the courts.

btw, and PC can relate to this...

...you have the right in this country to send your kids to private school, or to homeschool them.

Find those rights in the Constitution, or admit you don't think they should be rights.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

Gee I don't see the words 'private school' in there. According to you and Rabbi, they have to be IN the Constitution. You can't PUT them IN the Constitution.

Seems you didn't see these words: "not delegated to the United States by the Constitution,"

Let me explain it to you:
It means that nothing beyond the enumerated powers are the business of the federal government.

It's in plain English, and requires no "interpretation."

"...nor prohibited by it..." You ignore that part.

btw, and PC can relate to this...

...you have the right in this country to send your kids to private school, or to homeschool them.

Find those rights in the Constitution, or admit you don't think they should be rights.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people

Gee I don't see the words 'private school' in there. According to you and Rabbi, they have to be IN the Constitution. You can't PUT them IN the Constitution.

Seems you didn't see these words: "not delegated to the United States by the Constitution,"

Let me explain it to you:
It means that nothing beyond the enumerated powers are the business of the federal government.

It's in plain English, and requires no "interpretation."

"...nor prohibited by it..." You ignore that part.
That changes what she wrote, how?

"....interpret...."

Bogus.

Clear that you've never read the Constitution: it's written in English.

So freedom of the press in the 1st amendment needs no interpretation?

Prove it.

Love it!

A total and full speed retreat.
See. That's a classic dum dum move. Now he's claiming you believe something you never said. It never fails. When backed into a corner he comes out with shit like that. It's a sure sign he's lost the argument.

Read her post. She said the word 'interpret' is 'bogus'. She's the Constitution is in English, thus implying it needs no interpretation. She says judges stole the right to interpret the Constitution.

Get your nose out of her gashole and READ what she posts.

And, of course, what I posted is true and correct.

Your vulgarity reveals that you know you've lost.

You posted a states rights argument to defend the right to private school and homeschool.

It was in fact a STATE LAW requiring all children to go to public school that was in question.

The Supreme Court INTERPRETED the Constitution in such a manner as to overrule states rights,

Pierce, Governor of Oregon, et al. v. Society of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary, 268 U.S. 510 (1925), was an early 20th-century United States Supreme Court decision that significantly expanded coverage of the Due Process Clause in the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The case has been cited as a precedent in more than 100 Supreme Court cases, including Roe v. Wade, and in more than 70 cases in the courts of appeals.

Pierce v. Society of Sisters - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

As you see, the facts are just the opposite of what you think they are.

"California Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Upheld: Court Won't Overturn Prop 8 Decision Because Judge Was Gay"
California Same-Sex Marriage Ruling Upheld Court Won t Overturn Prop 8 Decision Because Judge Was Gay

His decision was upheld by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on February 7, 2012.

There have been over two score rulings all over the country by justices appointed by Republicans and Democrats. What's the current "score"? Fifty plus rulings in favor of same sex couples having full and equal access to civil marriage and like one or two that said "nah, gays are icky"?

Why are the Liberal judges needed to overturn the will of the people?

They weren't all "liberal judges". Appeals court after appeals court in pretty much all the circuit courts have ruled in favor of gays civilly marrying. It was like one, the 6th that didn't...which is why the SCOTUS heard it.

Was it a "liberal" SCOTUS that overturned "the will of the people" in 1967?

What was the "will of the people" in 1967?

"A federal judge in North Carolina’s Western District issued an order late Friday afternoon striking down the state’s anti-LGBT constitutional amendment. The order permanently prohibiting the state in a United Church of Christ lawsuit from enforcing the ban. Additionally, the judge denied Republican state leaders’ motion to intervene in the case."
Judge overturns anti-LGBT amendment in North Carolina QNotes
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

The Founders are turning in their graves. We need to go after these activist judges with tar and feathers.

"All men are created equal" Doesn't specify "straight men".
The courts rejection of the idea that certain classes of people can be "separate but equal" is ultimately the premise for ruling in favor of SSM.

BTW, there is majority support for SSM.

Last edited:
His decision was upheld by the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals on February 7, 2012.

There have been over two score rulings all over the country by justices appointed by Republicans and Democrats. What's the current "score"? Fifty plus rulings in favor of same sex couples having full and equal access to civil marriage and like one or two that said "nah, gays are icky"?

Why are the Liberal judges needed to overturn the will of the people?

They weren't all "liberal judges". Appeals court after appeals court in pretty much all the circuit courts have ruled in favor of gays civilly marrying. It was like one, the 6th that didn't...which is why the SCOTUS heard it.

Was it a "liberal" SCOTUS that overturned "the will of the people" in 1967?

What was the "will of the people" in 1967?

"A federal judge in North Carolina’s Western District issued an order late Friday afternoon striking down the state’s anti-LGBT constitutional amendment. The order permanently prohibiting the state in a United Church of Christ lawsuit from enforcing the ban. Additionally, the judge denied Republican state leaders’ motion to intervene in the case."
Judge overturns anti-LGBT amendment in North Carolina QNotes

"All men are created equal" Doesn't specify "straight men".
The courts rejection of the idea that certain classes of people can be "separate by equal" is the ultimately the premise for ruling in favor of SSM.

BTW, there is majority support for SSM.
There has never been an application for a marriage license that asks for sexual preference.
You fail.

Forum List

Back