The Left Loses Ground...

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. -Oscar Wilde

What?

Selfishness, in your case, is demanding that others accept and condone a way of life they find sinful. If they resist, people of your ilk vilify them, demean them, berate them, or even target them for destruction. That my friend is the epitome of selfishness. People of your ilk cannot stand for one instant that there are people opposed to the idea of homosexual marriage, or for that matter, standing up for their religious beliefs to avoid being part of them.

And if we are going to start quoting people, try practicing what you preach:

"Intolerance is a form of egotism, and to condemn egotism intolerantly is to share it."

-George Santayana

No one is requiring you to LIVE a different lifestyle or even "condone" it. But selfishness is demanding other live like YOU. So, YES, ACCEPTING that others live a different lifestyle that has no effect on what you do is call US-selfishness.

You have perfectly described a typical liberal.
Anarchy is not an option my little infant. Like it or not, there are rules. I know, children hate rules so you abhor them. Rules, not children that is.

Yes, anarchy certainly is an option. There are millions of options short of the Nazi police state you envisage.

No one is forcing anyone to tolerate gay marriage or perform or attend gay marriages.

A post of sheer and colossal ignorance. I can name at least two instances where your claim is immediately disproven.

Had Memories Pizza been a catering service and catered weddings... they would have been forced to cater to a gay wedding. Against their religious conscience.

Sweet Cakes by Melissa was shut down because they refused to cater a gay wedding.

The common theme here? "Cater gay marriages, or else."

The bakery broke the law.

The Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries ruled that although Oregon law provides an exemption for religious institutions, it "does not allow private businesses to discriminate based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot legally deny service based on race, sex, age, disability or religion."

He added, "The bakery is not a religious institution under the law."

Yeah, we know what the law says. The point is the law is wrong. Whenever queers can't support the case with moral arguments, the invoke the law. And when the law isn't on their side, they start invoking moral arguments.
Yes, the moral argument in this case is Equality. A damn shame they included that in the Constitution right my little infant?

"Equality" of what, stupidity? Actually, they didn't include it in the Constitution.

So are adults but not children, which explains you Bripiss.

Mature adults believe in leaving people alone unless they are violating your rights. Goose-stepping authoritarian assholes like you, on the other hand, support every single rule no matter how onerous or unjust it is.

Mature adults don't believe in using insults and vulgarity when they can't seem to get their point across - unlike you.

Liberals are immune to facts and logic, so ridicule is the only means to influence them.
Two more of our inventions. You have ideology, faith, and dogma.

When have you ever posted any facts or logic, Nazi?
Case in point, the total absence of rational thought. Pavlov's Ayn Rand special edition yapping little dog.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live; it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. -Oscar Wilde

What?

Selfishness, in your case, is demanding that others accept and condone a way of life they find sinful. If they resist, people of your ilk vilify them, demean them, berate them, or even target them for destruction. That my friend is the epitome of selfishness. People of your ilk cannot stand for one instant that there are people opposed to the idea of homosexual marriage, or for that matter, standing up for their religious beliefs to avoid being part of them.

"Intolerance is a form of egotism, and to condemn egotism intolerantly is to share it."

-George Santayana

No one is requiring you to LIVE a different lifestyle or even "condone" it. But selfishness is demanding other live like YOU. So, YES, ACCEPTING that others live a different lifestyle that has no effect on what you do is call US-selfishness.

Has a date been set for your gay shotgun wedding?

What would be the motive for a gay shotgun wedding? They can't have children. You just gave a classic example of why the notion of "gay marriage" is an oxymoron.
The shotgun is there because you don't want to get married, dumbass.

No one is forcing anyone to tolerate gay marriage or perform or attend gay marriages.

A post of sheer and colossal ignorance. I can name at least two instances where your claim is immediately disproven.

Had Memories Pizza been a catering service and catered weddings... they would have been forced to cater to a gay wedding. Against their religious conscience.

Sweet Cakes by Melissa was shut down because they refused to cater a gay wedding.

The common theme here? "Cater gay marriages, or else."

The bakery broke the law.

The Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries ruled that although Oregon law provides an exemption for religious institutions, it "does not allow private businesses to discriminate based on sexual orientation, just as they cannot legally deny service based on race, sex, age, disability or religion."

He added, "The bakery is not a religious institution under the law."

Yeah, we know what the law says. The point is the law is wrong. Whenever queers can't support the case with moral arguments, the invoke the law. And when the law isn't on their side, they start invoking moral arguments.
Yes, the moral argument in this case is Equality. A damn shame they included that in the Constitution right my little infant?

"Equality" of what, stupidity? Actually, they didn't include it in the Constitution.
Okay my little infant, whatever you say.

What?

-George Santayana

What would be the motive for a gay shotgun wedding? They can't have children. You just gave a classic example of why the notion of "gay marriage" is an oxymoron.

I thought the purpose of gay marriage was for liberals to control your life.

When did I ever say that? The purpose of gay marriage is to destroy the institution of marriage.

What?

-George Santayana

They guy holding the shotgun is always the pregnant bride's father, dumbass.

What?

-George Santayana

Anarchy is not an option my little infant. Like it or not, there are rules. I know, children hate rules so you abhor them. Rules, not children that is.

Yes, anarchy certainly is an option. There are millions of options short of the Nazi police state you envisage.
No my little infant, anarchy is not a option and if you want that there are places you can go live happily today, like Somalia.

When did I ever say that? The purpose of gay marriage is to destroy the institution of marriage.

it's when you say things like this:

Mature adults believe in leaving people alone unless they are violating your rights. Goose-stepping authoritarian assholes like you, on the other hand, support every single rule no matter how onerous or unjust it is.

Well, be a mature adult and leave them the fuck alone. Can you not live up to your own values?

Jesus, it's a play on a familiar theme, how dumb are you?

What?

-George Santayana

No my little infant, anarchy is not a option and if you want that there are places you can go live happily today, like Somalia.

Yes, anarchy is an option. Somalia is an example of a failed communist state. Communism is what you endorse.

Jesus, it's a play on a familiar theme, how dumb are you?

Unfortunately the them shows the absurdity of gay marriage. There could never be a shotgun wedding for a gay couple, and for an obvious reason. You turds refuse to acknowledge the reason.

Well, be a mature adult and leave them the fuck alone. Can you not live up to your own values?

I don't see anything about gay marriage in that quote. How am I not "living up to my own values?"

Yes, anarchy is an option. Somalia is an example of a failed communist state. Communism is what you endorse.

I don't see anything about gay marriage in that quote. How am I not "living up to my own values?"

Oh, I apologize, I didn't realize you were A-OK with same sex marriage. Good to know that you don't feel your views on gay marriage should intrude on others' rights to marry.

Yeah, that's because the groom doesn't want to get married you idiot...

What?

-George Santayana

Liar.

Nobody asking them to live different lifestyle. They are free to live any way they want. If they wanna bang the pigeon, it's their choice. But we refuse to be forced to accept their lifestyles and their morals as new norm in "one size fits all" form.

Oh, I apologize, I didn't realize you were A-OK with same sex marriage. Good to know that you don't feel your views on gay marriage should intrude on others' rights to marry.
Out little infant fully supports anything that he approves of or that helps him personally. Anything else, fuck 'em, it doesn't make him better off.

What?

-George Santayana

Liar.

Nobody asking them to live different lifestyle. They are free to live any way they want. If they wanna bang the pigeon, it's their choice. But we refuse to be forced to accept their lifestyles and their morals as new norm in "one size fits all" form.
How about you accept them as equals, which they are. That too much to ask of you?

What?

-George Santayana

Liar.

Banging a pigeon? Dude, that's just straight up weird.

In the real world, most people are just fine with gay marriage and just because a minority of people in this country don't like it is not reason enough to ban it. You don't have to accept it one bit, nobody cares.

No, it's an example of Anarchy, no functioning government. Total Freedom, You'd love it, get a move on. It's all up to you there, no cops, no laws, no rules. Have a great life, the short time it will last.

Forum List

Back