The Liberal Media: A pool party full of liars

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
At first glance, the picture below at a pool party in the Craig Ranch community of McKinney, Texas would show a white Austin police officer attacking a poor defenseless bikini clad and black 14 year old girl at a pool party. And that's what the liberalized media would have you believe, by encapsulating this entire incident around this one moment in time, as the epitome of the inherent racism of white cops towards black individuals.

austin-pool-party-police-300x190.jpg

They would be right, if not for this itty bitty little detail. This happened at a pool party sponsored by the Craigs Ranch community. Things got out of hand when cars full of uninvited teenagers began crashing this party by jumping the fence and picking fights with partygoers. The girl in question, Dajerria Becton, refused orders by Officer Casebolt to leave the area, so in my mind, she brought this on herself. Unruly kids like her need to be taught the reality and consequences of disobedience. But I will add as a caveat, he was a bit rough with her. That being said, the only other wrong thing I saw him do was draw his firearm on two boys who came up from behind.

One witness Michael Cory Quattrin, who was at the party and saw the entire thing unfold, immediately debunked this narrative, in a letter to FOX 4 KDFW's Steve Noviello:

PLEASE HELP! That (now viral) video of the officer in McKinney subduing a girl in a bathing suit was in OUR neighborhood. The situation was NOT what is being reported…

A DJ setup in a public space next to the private pool in our neighborhood on Friday and played loud explicit (F-bomb) music for multiple hours (it is unclear if he was invited by a resident as no one has claimed responsibility). The teenagers (both black and white) were being brought into our neighborhood by the carload because the DJ was tweeting out invites to a “pool party” for $15 (obviously unauthorized by our neighborhood). The teens began fighting with each other and pushing their way into our private pool. Some were jumping our fence. The security guard was accosted when he tried to stop the beginnings of this mob scene. Some residents who live around the park/pool area tried to come out and settle things down. The teens started yelling racial slurs at our neighbors and started assaulting people and property (throwing bottles at cars and attacking a mother at the pool with 3 young children). The first officer on the scene was by himself. At that time, the party had grown to a large, aggressive crowd. As the officer arrived, many teens started running through our neighborhood. Many of the teens were being very aggressive and yelling at the officers as more arrived.

This was a very dangerous situation for the officers AND the teens/residents not involved. The news media has refused to hear the neighborhood’s side of this story. The video being distributed is only a very small segment of what happened. This information being distributed by the media and others is extremely distorted and in some cases outright lies.

PLEASE HELP US STOP THE BROADCASTING OF THIS IGNORANCE. The media is trying to make it look like our neighborhood is a white’s only, racist area. Anyone who has spent even a few minutes in our area knows this is an outright LIE.

In concluding the letter, Quattrin revealed how dangerous the situation has gotten since then, and who is to blame for inflaming the problem:

The unfortunate result is that our neighbors are now being threatened. We have also had cars and property in and around the park area vandalized this weekend. Unfortunately, the press and social media are trying to enflame the situation.

Another Craig Ranch community resident, Benet Embry, also debunked the race narrative being played out by the media with a Facebook post:

Oh, I say and I say it again, ya been had! Ya been took! Ya been hoodwinked! Bamboozled! Led astray! Run amok! MediaTakeout.com posts a story showing only 7 minutes of a 30 minute ordeal, makes it racial and all the activist come a running. Look, I LIVE in this community and this ENTIRE incident is NOT racial at all. A few THUGS spoiled a COMMUNITY event by fighting, jumping over fences into a PRIVATE pool, harassing and damaging property. Not EVERYTHING is about RACE. WE have other issuses [sic] that NEED our attention other flights of made up make believe causes.

Embry, as you can see by the comments in his post, has been hit with racial epithets for speaking out. Once again, I will say office Casebolt could have handled things a little different, however, to claim he did what he did because of race is dishonest. And like in Ferguson, Casebolt's home address and phone number were leaked for all to see, subjecting him and his family to danger and death threats. (Please note that the information has been redacted, to protect Casebolt and his family.)

A lot of these kids had this coming. A lot of them should be sent to Juvie Hall for criminal trespass on private property. Make no mistake, the liberal media is at it again, gleefully twisting this incident as the latest in racism by cops against black individuals.

The Liberal Media: A pool party full of liars.

Last edited:
The cop mishandled the girl. There is no excuse for man handling a teenage girl in that manner if she poses no physical threat to you.

And if she resists a peaceful order to leave the area? He was a bit rough with her yes, but when you repeatedly ignore orders to leave the area, what other options are you giving the officer?

"The Liberal Media: A pool party full of liars"

There is no 'liberal media,' it's a myth contrived by the ridiculous right.

That news organizations report facts and the truth that conflict with conservative dogma doesn't make the media 'liberal.'

As for anyone being 'liars,' put down the stones, you and others on the right live in a very large glass house.

The cop mishandled the girl. There is no excuse for man handling a teenage girl in that manner if she poses no physical threat to you.

And if she resists a peaceful order to leave the area? He was a bit rough with her yes, but when you repeatedly ignore orders to leave the area, what other options are you giving the officer?

Unacceptable response. He should have waited for a female back up or a supervisor. It's not like obnoxious loud music is a violent offense but he sure took her down as if it were.
That video makes me cringe that we have come so far that this kind of treatment of our children is deemed acceptable.

Actually those who were there actually LIVED there. The girl throwing the party LIVED there. Most of the people in attendance had pool passes.

Just because 1 idiot says something on Facebook does not make it true. In fact, he was lying by saying no one lived there when we know for a fact that many did.

But racists just need the narrative, regardless of the validity, to spread a lie. Good job racists

Unacceptable response. He should have waited for a female back up or a supervisor.

Are you kidding me with this? The gender of whomever responds to the call cannot be helped! You can't simply "wait for a 'female backup or supervisor.'" Do you have any clue how this stuff works?

That video makes me cringe that we have come so far that this kind of treatment of our children is deemed acceptable.

That video makes me cringe, to know how little respect for the law our children are taught in this country. Those kids are old enough to exercise better judgement, and delineate from right and wrong. I have no pity for kids who act up in front of police.

It's not like obnoxious loud music is a violent offense but he sure took her down as if it were.

Perhaps you should understand that it wasn't just the loud music. Kids were picking fights and destroying property. What do you want the cops to do, sit them down and hold a fucking seminar on good behavior?

Most of the people in attendance had pool passes.

No, they didn't. Unless you have links saying otherwise? From what I've read, the community called the cops for the reason that a lot of these kids DID NOT have pool passes.

But racists just need the narrative, regardless of the validity, to spread a lie. Good job racists

And by that, you make my point crystal clear, make any issue about race and watch your opponents cower and fall before the onslaught.

"The Liberal Media: A pool party full of liars"

There is no 'liberal media,' it's a myth contrived by the ridiculous right.

That news organizations report facts and the truth that conflict with conservative dogma doesn't make the media 'liberal.'

As for anyone being 'liars,' put down the stones, you and others on the right live in a very large glass house.

Oh please liberals control the vast majority of the media and they are blatant liars and lowlife scum, FACT!

the left certainly lies about guns, debt, and taxes. Just like the Right lies about the military, the spies, and dope.

Unacceptable response. He should have waited for a female back up or a supervisor.

Are you kidding me with this? The gender of whomever responds to the call cannot be helped! You can't simply "wait for a 'female backup or supervisor.'" Do you have any clue how this stuff works?

That video makes me cringe, to know how little respect for the law our children are taught in this country. Those kids are old enough to exercise better judgement, and delineate from right and wrong. I have no pity for kids who act up in front of police.

It's not like obnoxious loud music is a violent offense but he sure took her down as if it were.

Perhaps you should understand that it wasn't just the loud music. Kids were picking fights and destroying property. What do you want the cops to do, sit them down and hold a fucking seminar on good behavior?
Am I kidding you?

Lol no

Its a fucking misdemeanor offense at best. Public noise ordinance perhaps. Lol

You act as if this was some dire crime in action & an instant response was needed to protect lives.

It's loud music for fucks sake. Most of us were guilty of it as teens. Hell I'm guilty of it now.

If our law enforcement wants to be taken seriously & respected then when they do wrong it needs to be delt with. PUBLICLY

The prick pulled his damn gun on a bunch of kids at a fucking pool.

WTF

And don't give me any liberal appeasement bullshit. I have and will continue to be a staunch defender of the police. Just not idiots with a badge

Most of the people in attendance had pool passes.

No, they didn't. Unless you have links saying otherwise? From what I've read, the community called the cops for the reason that a lot of these kids DID NOT have pool passes.

And by that, you make my point crystal clear, make any issue about race and watch your opponents cower and fall before the onslaught.

Mom Daughter Who Hosted Texas Pool Party Explain What Happened Moments Before Cops Arrived

But my guess is you'll ignore the facts because as Clayton put it, it doesn't fit the Conservative dogma that blacks people don't belong in their neighborhoods.

Does either fucking side on this board understand discretion? Both damn sides instantly knee-jerk to polar opposites on every topic. It's as if the middle area doesnt exist. Even you god damn op says he went to far but for some reason when I say that it's just wrong.

Wtf is that all about?

Forum List

Back